Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Raxivace posted:

All that I want in RE2make is the origin story of Leon's jacket from RE4.

When Ada throws him the rocket launcher from the shadows, it's actually wrapped in that jacket so that it doesn't get dinged up on the way down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Today I found out I could buy a replica of Leon's RE6 jacket for US$119.

https://www.amazon.com/Mens-Black-Faux-Leather-Jacket/dp/B00AI4J4MI/ref=pd_lpo_193_lp_tr_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=H88TWGPE9A78CTNFHPFN

Kinda tempted, actually.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

That's exactly the sort of poo poo I'd buy for the reason "because I can".

Edit:
Aw poo poo, I've been loving around and it broke again:

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 23, 2016

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Edit:
Aw poo poo, I've been loving around and it broke again:

What the hell did you do man?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Spiffster posted:

Kept the combat knife, for one.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Spiffster posted:

In short, I installed the not-SourceNext version of RE2 out of boredom, then tested what would happen if I tried loading one save as the other character then saving and reloading again etc. etc., eventually resulting in a horrible mess which crashed shortly after I took that screenshot.

Kibayasu posted:

Kept the combat knife, for one.

I'm trying to believe them god drat it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Combat knife is essential

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

frank.club posted:

Combat knife is essential
Speaking of which, I keep getting caught up in the moment while playing Revelations 2 (again) and gently caress up my attempt at getting the Cutting Edge achievement. Why does bricking a monster have to be so fun?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Is there going to be a Revelations 3?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Raxivace posted:

Is there going to be a Revelations 3?

I hope so, they could use it to bring back all sorts of RE characters while the main series keeps trying and failing to re-invent the wheel.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Alteisen posted:

I hope so, they could use it to bring back all sorts of RE characters while the main series keeps trying and failing to re-invent the wheel.

What's wrong with 7?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Len posted:

What's wrong with 7?

Don't know haven't played it, doesn't look very good from videos is all I can gather.

Mostly going off RE6 here really.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Kinda hard to judge a game that hasn't been released yet so :shrug: .

It's definitely going to be different if the demo is any indication but until I have the chance to actually try some combat I will reserve my judgement.

For fucks sakes guys at least give us a chance to shoot or chop something to at least test the waters of the combat system :argh:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Alteisen posted:

Don't know haven't played it, doesn't look very good from videos is all I can gather.

Mostly going off RE6 here really.

Then you can't say they failed to re-invent the wheel :colbert: I mean realistically they probably didn't but come on cut them some slack.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I'd like to see a Revelations 3. No idea who they'd bring back out of early retirement though; if we're going to be honest, then Barry and Claire have always been fan favourites so it made a lot of sense to give them a game after RE sort of became The New Adventures of Leon & Chris (especially Barry, who only got a bit-part in a minigame beside some non-canon GBC thing). I really can't see Billy, Rebecca or Carlos having the same clout to stir up enough interest, although personally I'd like to see Parker make a comeback. At least he's still relevant to Revelations' mysterious open ending.

Len posted:

What's wrong with 7?
Geriatric wheelchair cripple woman. I know stairways were a sure way to escape a zombie's clutches in the classics but this is just loving lazy.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'd like to see a Revelations 3. No idea who they'd bring back out of early retirement though; if we're going to be honest, then Barry and Claire have always been fan favourites so it made a lot of sense to give them a game after RE sort of became The New Adventures of Leon & Chris (especially Barry, who only got a bit-part in a minigame beside some non-canon GBC thing). I really can't see Billy, Rebecca or Carlos having the same clout to stir up enough interest, although personally I'd like to see Parker make a comeback. At least he's still relevant to Revelations' mysterious open ending.

Geriatric wheelchair cripple woman. I know stairways were a sure way to escape a zombie's clutches in the classics but this is just loving lazy.

This is a series where the final boss turned into a T-Rex. You really think there isn't a gimmick with the old wheelchair woman?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
If I had to guess wheelchair woman is the new save system or something

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Honestly I'd be totally cool with Carlos, Rebecca, and Billy coming back in some form. Same with Parker. Hell bring zombie Steve back while we're at it. And throw Josh Stone in there too, he was cool.

You know as much as RE can be reduced to the Chris/Jill/Leon/Claire story, there's something cool about the fact that in just the story modes of the main games alone there's something like 20 different playable characters.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Len posted:

This is a series where the final boss turned into a T-Rex. You really think there isn't a gimmick with the old wheelchair woman?
Yeah but Simmons could walk around on his own two legs before mutating like that. This old bag's going to end up transforming like the cripple in that awful Doom movie if we're not lucky.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It might not be a character that is "retired" but I guess you could maybe do something with Sherry since RE6 made her a gun holding person. And there's the possiblity of making a game about Ada doing something on her own (that is, not involving Leon) since she's mostly just hung out in the background until you need to learn what really happened, but in a shorter game. RE6 gave her a larger part than RE4 did but it still wasn't as big as the other chapters.

Other than that I can't really think of many others besides, as some have said already, maybe more Parker. Out of all the characters like the other STARS, Carlos, Steve, Billy, he's the been the only one that I wasn't annoyed by more than anything else in their respective games.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Kibayasu posted:

I guess you could maybe do something with Sherry since RE6 made her a gun holding person.

I think if there's one other thing that RE6 established, it's that Sherry was given a gun only as an excuse to put her in more dangerous situations for others to save her from.

Was she ever allowed to actually do anything in the entirety of her campaign? I certainly can't remember any.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

She stealth killed some guys while running around half naked.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

She killed thousands of zombies in the mercenaries

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BRING BACK AGENT!!

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

ada's imaginary best friend will never be in another game

meanwhile the stupid umbrella corps guys get to be in the latest manga with real tiny arms

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

You could finally give the fans the HUNK game they've never actually wanted.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Fereydun posted:

ada's imaginary best friend will never be in another game

meanwhile the stupid umbrella corps guys get to be in the latest manga with real tiny arms

Because Umbrella Corps is canon and Agent was a slapdash addition that WASN'T originally intended.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Chris has one too; for some reason idle animations went away in RE2 (but came back in RE3), with the exception of Chris in Extreme Battle (recycling his same idle animation from the original). Oddly, the character select in said mode does show them all with idle animations apart from Ada, since she's clearly too cool or something to look bored so she just stands there like a lemon instead.

It was because you play as her for such a short time, but there was a fan theory for while that she was an android or cyborg or something because of that and her surviving to throw Leon the rocket and that she (IIRC) seems to have way more life for the brief time you control her than anyone else.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

God, that's even more stupid than the theory that Ashley was in fact Sherry under a new name. That actually was a thing.

Anyway, after (another) three hours of RE5 Mercs, I just want to remind everyone that the "one button does everything" setup is loving retarded and will gently caress you over so many times at the absolute worst possible moment. Want to melee someone? Tough poo poo, you're picking up that ammo you can't use. Want to jump down a floor? Tough poo poo, you're stomping on that downed Majini. Want to pick up that ammo? Well okay, but first you have to pick up that other thing so gently caress you.

All this while you're getting swarmed by more enemies which just add to the chaos and further get in the loving way.

...still a good game though.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Thats the shittier version. You want the "thooo" version

looks and feels like an actual jacket and it was only £50 from amazon. I wear mine like all the loving time and randomly shout "this is just like ______ all over again!"

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Policenaut posted:

Because Umbrella Corps is canon and Agent was a slapdash addition that WASN'T originally intended.

Speaking of which I loved about in ORC everyone, except the guy who trained under him, treat HUNK as a bit of a weirdo. Not-HUNK is practically creaming himself but the others are just sort of raising their eyebrows and trying to crack up at this guy being a badass.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Beat Remake HD again (Lisa Trevor still gets me man :smith: ) and decided to buy the Revelations games since they are on sale right now on steam. Never played these before so I have no idea what to expect... Lord help me.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spiffster posted:

Beat Remake HD again (Lisa Trevor still gets me man :smith: ) and decided to buy the Revelations games since they are on sale right now on steam. Never played these before so I have no idea what to expect... Lord help me.

They're great.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Spiffster posted:

First is solid but suffers from being a port of a handheld game. Revelations 2 is great.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Playing Revelations on PC made me regret not getting it for the 3DS because the design aspects of it that seems somewhat silly on the former make a ton of sense for the latter. It really lends itself to being played in short bursts rather than one long session. Overall it's still a fun game, and Raid mode in Rev1 is way more fun than Rev2.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I kinda wouldn't mind never seeing old RE people again because I'm kinda sick of most of them, but then I don't know what exactly I consider the soul of the RE franchise if not them. Otherwise it's just some zombie game with the RE title.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Electromax posted:

I kinda wouldn't mind never seeing old RE people again because I'm kinda sick of most of them, but then I don't know what exactly I consider the soul of the RE franchise if not them. Otherwise it's just some zombie game with the RE title.

The soul of the RE franchise is a person giving a monologue and then shoving a syringe into their neck and turning into a giant blob with eyes where it shouldn't have eyes

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the core of the resident evil franchise is shooting monsters and batshit insane stories.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Oh gently caress. If you don't check the 'shotgun room' door in REmake while the trap is active then you just get smashed, and if you check it too late then you get smashed anyway because Barry Heroics need to be activated manually and on-time. Another small change from the original (where it was all automatic) that I've only just found out the hard way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Yup. They want you to actively save yourself this time around. or you could, you know, grab the broken Shotgun before entering in the first place :shrug:

Decided to play Chris' campaign in Remake before going to Revelations trying to see if I can actually unlock that drat Launcher for once. Don't know if I will make it but this is still going to be the fastest I've ever played as Chris. Plus I've gotten really good at juking these zombies and made it through most of the 1st mansion encounter with dropping maybe 3 or 4 zombies overall? Nice to have ammo for when the hunters actually arrive.