Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Let us forever remember this, the day that we overthrew the evil chicken overlords

http://i.imgur.com/Vl5ueL6.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

ernie tell me exactly what happened to you.

I want Ernie to answer this just for posterity sake. But honestly I'm not sure I'd trust him about what he says about himself, given TMM's flip. What we can trust about him is his scum hunting though, so Ernie it's not like I'm going to completely disregard you.

PMom, what do you think of Fisk's investigation on you now?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Trust Ernie in so far that he is genuinely looking for scum, not that he's right.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I don't quite get why he's voting Somber though.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Ernie. posted:

Somber consistently comes off as decided in what he's doing. At a time where we're all constantly doubting every case and decision, there's only one way to be constantly sure and convinced of everything, and that's to have a plan.

If the only defense on Somber is that he didn't have to vote ANNarc when he did, then again I will point out that if either Somber or ANNarc flipped at any point for the rest of the game, they would have been irreversibly linked to one another based on Somber's D3 vote.

Okay got it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Re-reading Somber:

Somber didn't think Ernie was scum when he voted him on what I presume is D1. Out of "viability". Doesn't seem to push a vote elsehwere that much earlier, only a vote on MMT and a welp I'd vote ernie I guess. Okay I got to part where he goes back to MMT. Talks a lot about viability again.
I think I'm at D2 now. I think Somber was consistently calling Asiina scum in every interaction or mention prior to "not being interested in flipping Asiina".
There's that word viable again when voting Anarc.
Seems to focus on viable votes a lot.

Somber going after Fisk reads as genuine to me though. Prior to this, mainly D2 and D3, he doesn't look like he cares about scumhunting. It may have been a wrong call, but it reads to me like he's going after something he believes in. I'd cahlk up his prior play as disengagement from not having a strong enough idea on who he thinks scum. Not strong enough to argue as fiercely at least.
That doesn't read like a man with a plan, as Ernie puts it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Ernie. posted:

Convince me otherwise. From my perspective nothing has changed in how I feel about the game in two game days. But your opinions have supposedly changed given Taste's flip. Tell me what insight that gives you. Who do you feel played that vote?

I'd like to see Somber's answer to this too.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Amoeba102 posted:

I want Ernie to answer this just for posterity sake. But honestly I'm not sure I'd trust him about what he says about himself, given TMM's flip. What we can trust about him is his scum hunting though, so Ernie it's not like I'm going to completely disregard you.

I have no idea what that means? the result is right, but I still don't think he was a sane cop.

like, I guess we don't know if his results were scum/not-scum or town/not-town or what, and there's some uncertainty over whether tmm's alignment changed on the same night he was investigated or right after, but that TMM came up as a good guy in taste's results seems to be a point against him being sane.

in any case, I'm the worst person in the game to ask this of because I'm the only person who knows that I'm town, and i'm the only unflipped investigated player.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I just wanted to see how you'd handle his flip and if you'd bank the cred. I'm happy with your answer though.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

i have already told the truth. whatever shenanigans ecco is doing is actually out of my control as much as it is out of yours.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

You can say that, but I'm not going believe that you weren't aware of your alignment change. What it means in terms of the game isn't really worth thinking about but the cool kids don't seem to have any power.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Amoeba102 posted:

I don't quite get why he's voting Somber though.

Did taste ever mention why he switched from moat to somber yesterday?

Amoeba102 posted:

Somber going after Fisk reads as genuine to me though. Prior to this, mainly D2 and D3, he doesn't look like he cares about scumhunting. It may have been a wrong call, but it reads to me like he's going after something he believes in. I'd cahlk up his prior play as disengagement from not having a strong enough idea on who he thinks scum. Not strong enough to argue as fiercely at least.
That doesn't read like a man with a plan, as Ernie puts it.

Not sure I agree with this. it's entirely plausible that somber could have been intentionally laying low as to not draw attention earlier, then coming out actively scum hunting..for the cop. this isn't exactly an uncommon plan for scum players to have. ernie's read fits pretty well. as you said, if cool-aligned is significantly different from town wrt wincon, the scum hunting could be real but incorrect. cool doesn't sound necessarily untownie though?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Fisk was not believably a cop though. I wouldn't put chalk going after Fisk as a scum sign.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
yeah I'm not trying to say voting for fisk is inherently scummy, we had no way of being sure of his role/alignment/results etc.

but be that as it may, it may have simply been a push on a town player at a time scum considered it viable. not something to straight up rule out for just because it isn't a scum sign imo

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
was inherently scummy, I guess :rip:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
soup update (soupdate): I put in three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and now the soup tastes totally fine. It still has something weird going on with it, but it's no longer overpowered by the cloves, and so I can eat it one bowl at a time without it feeling like too much of a chore.

Too bad I'm going out of town in a few hours! Ha ha! I've put it in the freezer to be thawed in a week when I get back. I dunno. I am a vector for foodborne illness.

On that note though, :d: there is a good chance the Sunday deadline will be very floating. It depends on how quickly I can get back from Baltimore on Sunday night.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I think all town, cool, and mafia aligned players can come together and say,

why would you willingly go to baltimore

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
looking back over the thread, I've just noticed that amoeba's avatar is really cute and I'd like them to remain in the game due to this

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I hope you all had a happy subjugation day.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sorry to stick for how slow this is. My second thanksgiving dinner is tonight. I'll be able to give this game my attention tomorrow. Hope you all have a great day / night!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
No worries, I was essentially in wifi hell until today anyway. Enjoy the holiday!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hello I've been very depressed. I'll come back and hit this after I go through another game I've been neglecting more.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's ok. There was no way anyone was going to post much until tomorrow.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

How is it incidental??

Im posting this because the thought just came to me and I'll forget later. This post makes me not want to vote Somber today. This was at the height of Somber's case against MMT. I think a scum buddy wouldn't have come in and thrown shade on my post defending Somber's argument. In fact, it paints a worse picture for MMT/ Amoeba. I'll revisit this tomorrow.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I probably can't make this case any plainer but the only reason someone would nightkill TMM over me is because TMM could get people on his side. We were both confirmed town yesterday. TMM was wrong about a lot (for example, Taste), so the threat he posed wasn't due to him having scum pinned. Whomever TMM was going to go after next is scum. I'm pretty sure that would have been Somber. But if someone else wants to go through TMM's history and point out otherwise, I'm all ears.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

I probably can't make this case any plainer but the only reason someone would nightkill TMM over me is because TMM could get people on his side. We were both confirmed town yesterday. TMM was wrong about a lot (for example, Taste), so the threat he posed wasn't due to him having scum pinned. Whomever TMM was going to go after next is scum. I'm pretty sure that would have been Somber. But if someone else wants to go through TMM's history and point out otherwise, I'm all ears.

TMMadman posted:

I'm around, but I still think it should be Taste.

My current thoughts on everyone in alphabetical order:

Amoeba - I'm honestly unsure. But he's in the group of unknown and unclaimed players. I would vote him today if needed, but I think it's a decision better left until tomorrow.
Ernie - Obviously town
Fisk - I still think Taste is lying. I think his play has been inconsistent and I just flat out can't trust him. I think he should be the vote today because if he isn't actually scum, I think it clears up things the most. If we don't lynch him today, then I'm worried that we'll have the same argument if he's still alive tomorrow. We won't know if his results are true or a lie.
Max - I'm still very worried that he's bamboozling me, but I'm leaning town for him. However, I just can't see why a scum Max would remove his vote from Ernie just before the aborted D1 deadline.
Moat - I'm also very worried that one of the unconfirmed masons is scum, but I'm not willing to go down that road right now. I'm 50/50 on which one would be scum. There are times when I think it'd be Moat and times when I think it'd be Somber.
PMom - I'm pretty sure he's town. I just can't see PMom busing ANarc, the roleblocker, when he could have just as easily gone after me. I made such a mess during D2 that pretty much any excuse would have worked to vote me.
Somber - I have the same feels here as I do with Moat. However, he gets a little more benefit of the doubt for the same reason as PMom. He could have just as easily voted me, but instead went after ANarc.
stickup - Another person I'm honestly unsure about. He seemed to have no problem with the thought of TM visiting him. It seems like he's giving honest feelings about the game, but I still just can't be 100% sure about him. However, I still don't think it would be the best vote today. I think the choice tomorrow will be between stickup/Amoeba.

TMMadman posted:

I just don't get why a scum Somber would vote ANarc, the scum roleblocker, when the vote was tied 2 ANarc/2 TMMadman.

I mean I made a mess of D2, so it would have been incredibly easy to vote me on D3 and not really get your hands bloody.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Ernie I think you are wrong. Stickup is the scum because of the TM block on n1

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

this is a stickup posted:

Feeling somewhat less like death now. Ernie is definitely acting extremely erratic but I think he actually was right about TM, albeit for the wrong reason

We were just scum together in another game, and talked a fair amount about why TM always comes off as scummy. In that scumdoc, TM was always overthinking everything, down to the most minute details. Even what he considered to be a towny stance was obviously from a scum point of view.

His posting in this thread is already giving me the exact same vibes, with him trying to explain why each poster is posting the way they do. Not enough to call him scum, nor am I comfortable with a vote on him right now, but this is the exact same scum TM posting style.

i think this is a fake case from toe to tip. also, it was wrong fwiw.

Not sure that this is the case, given that he was actively posting at the same time ecco posted the extension. No reason to not directly quote and reply, other than futility I guess

a pretty bullshit point.

I'm iffy on tmm, but pretty sure you're wrong about dick. This is wildly meta, but I've correctly pegged him as scum in 3 recent games during D1, and I'm just not seeing it here.

'iffy'? that seems to be a huge mischaracterization.

I'm guilty of this but I need to read everything once my head isn't killing me before I can form any real opinions. though I'm not voting based on my meta reads anyway

only mentioning this because it prompted me to go back and reread anarc. she's super obvious in her asiina interactions. she was also pushing tmm about the same time stickup was. i don't think pmom is scum based on her voting patterns.

I'd be alright with tmm based on the events of the latter half and esp. ending of d1 but holding off for now until everyone can check in. also I'm going to try and sleep again

some time passes between this post and the 'iffy' post but i don't get how you negatively characterize tmm's end of day one interactions.

I'm a little confused about why taste would claim one shot cop then follow it up by saying we should ignore the scum result

was that just all bullshit or what?

he jumps on the cop claim when no one else is really paying attention to it.

scum only blocked tm the night he was visiting stickup. i mean presuming that's what happened, but it seems like a fair assumption. reading through the rest of his history now, breaking it up to make it more readable.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Thoughts on amoeba, Somber?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Stick is the other good case, fyi.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

I completely forgot moat was in this game

this probably seems like some weak cider but i swear to god i only make these posts as scum.

yeah i'm just going to comeback and read all this when i'm sober, night friends

it was stick who lost shine 3 as scum by drunkposting his real role, yes?

unless tm's flavor actually is some kind of cop and the godfather would have been recruitable, there is surely a cop. what makes you think otherwise?

Given that there are masons already I feel a lot worse about TM's claim. if ernie was recruited into a cult,
he would confirm tm as a town mason recruiter regardless, that's not even remotely a reason to stop questioning it

strangely certain.

good catch, max and moat being the outliers. I'm not suspicious of moat at all really. I believe your claim and have voiced my opinions on max's play not feeling genuine.

I'd be okay with TMM or max today, or anarc if it comes down to another lurker lynch. I'd like to give max and anarc a chance to respond before throwing down a vote though

stick was ON the lists quoted. strange strange.

i don't know, i'm stopping here. i'm 50% certain it's stick but i'm worried that confirmation bias is coloring my casing.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Reminder of stick attempting to shift targets wildly during the anarc lynch.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I will be around tonight. Not so much tomorrow as I will be driving up to the mountains to claim a tree

At this point preference for lynch (in order from most to least) are stickup, and a tie between amoeba and max (leaning max).

If nothing ground shattering happens I am going to toss down a vote before going to bed tonight

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Somberbrero posted:

i think this is a fake case from toe to tip. also, it was wrong fwiw.
it was wrong but check the cat lady scumdoc I guess if you want to see what I meant. tm was told he was being scummy at multiple points, and given many suggestions about how things can play out. it was a real case.

quote:

a pretty bullshit point.
how is this bullshit or even relevant at all? people reply directly to mods in threads all the time. THIS is the bullshit point

quote:

he jumps on the cop claim when no one else is really paying attention to it.
I asked if it was real or not. you're the one that (later) jumped on the now dead cop so don't throw that poo poo on me.

quote:

scum only blocked tm the night he was visiting stickup. i mean presuming that's what happened, but it seems like a fair assumption. reading through the rest of his history now, breaking it up to make it more readable.

iirc I brought this up once but this would be dumb instead of just killing tm withholding the kill, leaving only 1 nk. break it down: I'm town, roleblocking tm only while visiting me makes me look very suspicious, prevents confirmed town(according to tm) and a town player still dies. I'm scum, roleblocking tm only while visiting me makes me look very suspicious, and accomplishes nothing that killing tm would not. why would scum do that? hmmmm

I'm on my phone now and there are some things I want to quote for other parts and also ff2s deadline so I'll respond later

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote this is a stickup

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:d: deadline will deffo be floating!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Somberbrero posted:

##vote this is a stickup

honestly curious why you think responding to a mod in thread is a bullshit point though, what's your reasoning behind that

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Somberbrero posted:

it was stick who lost shine 3 as scum by drunkposting his real role, yes?

yeah, although tbh the reason I lost shine 3 was pale spectres being random nked night one, and jimmy literally claiming a scum boss in day one (or two?). also I went to bed at that time because TM literally told me to just go to bed in tobbs game because I wasn't making any sense :v:

quote:

strangely certain.
please expand. you just went after mith for saying someone was scummy but not saying why. which part to you think I am overly certain about and what makes this scummy?

1. unless tm was a cop based on flavor, a godfather flip means there is surely a cop. this was right fwiw. as an aside, has anyone actually been in a game (ecco or otherwise) that had a godfather but no cop? that's a pretty neat way to screw with the scum

2. if a claimed mason recruiter that confirms town turns out to be a cult leader, the newly recruited cult member would not say oh yes I am confirmed town now, tm is legit. this was also ... right? something weird happened to the alignment and I'm pretty sure I was right on the money, but TM was unaware.

quote:

stick was ON the lists quoted. strange strange.

Here's your post:

Somberbrero posted:

pretty weird how my list matches up well with

a) anarc's 'idk' part of her lumpen list

b) the unclaimed players

weird weird weird.

This was the player list at the time:

TMMadman posted:

Here are the current flips:

CCKeane - Town - Vanilla - D1 Lynch
Dick Bastardly - Town - Doctor - N1 Kill
Asiina - Scum - Godfather - D2 Lynch
Chores - Town - Tracker - N2 Kill

Here are the people currently left alive plus any claims

ANarc - no claim
Ernie - Vanilla (Masonized)
Taste - no claim
Max - no claim
Moat - Unconfirmed Mason w/Somber
MMT/Ameoba - no claim
PMom - Vanilla
Somber - Unconfirmed Mason w/Moat
stickup - Vanilla
Tired - Masonizer
TMM - Vanilla

and anarc's d20 lumpen list

towniest towns
me
tmm
chores
ernie
tm
somber

unknown quantities
taste
stickup
mmt
moat

slightly scummier
max
asiina

scummiest scumbos
pmom

this is a straight up lie on your part and I am down for lynching all liars at this point in the game ##vote somber. I claimed vanilla very early. I was listed in the unknown quantities by anarc, but I was not "on the lists" any more than every other player. asiina turned out to be scum, and was in the slightly scummier category. you are at the very bottom of the town list, putting you relatively around the slightly townier category. strange strange indeed, somber, how it matches up so well. how unfortunate that your masonry isn't confirmed, as well

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm leaning to Stick du to the N1 stuff. It's buggd me for a few days, and with th narrowing of the field I'm getting more convinced of my gut. I'll deal with this more tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Somberbrero posted:

just to talk myself through this for a moment

so i'm town1, i think moat is town2 or else i'm very stupid(the reason why should be fairly obvious at this point), i think pin is town3, i feel pretty strongly tmm is town4 or else on some next level poo poo. from the flips/night info we know that chores was town5, ernie is town6, and probably tired moritz is town7.

out of those seven players i feel best about, only three were on the asiina flip. for the record narco didn't vote

presuming that we started with uh 11 town 4 scum, either the remaining players on that flip are town, anarc is scum, and they voted perfectly(taste, murmur/amoeba, stickup, and max) or else asiina got bussed hard. or else i guess anarac is town and etc. etc.

i'm sure there are going to be some rudes words directed my way based on the circumstantial nature of this argument but I feel like the scum are somewhere in that list of taste, murmurmoeba, stickup, max, and anarc.

i'll start by going through each of those players when i have some time.

here is my lumpen list

towniest towns
me
tmm
chores
ernie
tm
somber

unknown quantities
taste
stickup
mmt
moat

slightly scummier
max
asiina

scummiest scumbos
pmom

i wouldn't be against lynching asiina bc she's basically not here, but i don't know that it would give us any useful information. ernie has the next highest votes but i really don't think he's scum.

every time i play this game i remind myself how bad i am at scumhunting

• Locked thread