Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/802691365310185473

This is gonna be so good. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Matt come back to the site. :negative:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Salty Liam is hilarious because he either gets super quiet and seething or super duper indignant about everything

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Grouchio posted:

Matt come back to the site. :negative:

Why would you want to wish him misery and suffering

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Tae posted:

Why would you want to wish him misery and suffering
I would want to be his friend.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Grouchio posted:

I would want to be his friend.

We all do but we'll have to settle for this proxy thread. I remember the first time he posted the final fight revenge review where my first thought was "wow this guy sounds like a loving muppet."

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
I liked Sonic Unleashed on the Wii (I watched a playthrough of the other version, I think the way the Wii one strips out the town roaming is a hard positive). Also I never really understood Liam's Chip hate, and I actually think the art style and tone choices are generally the turning point to the games being okay again. Although now that I think about it, that okay period only lasted 2 games...

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I don't think anyone's seeing Unleashed's NPC designs as reactions to feedback from the character designs from Sonic '06. If Liam wants the people to look less cartoony, I wonder if he remembers the juxtaposition of Sonic and pals with the normal-rear end humans from the previous game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Cartoony and more Eggman-like designs are totally a response to character designs from '06, most of everything was probably.
I need to look at the Wii version myself, but yeah, no roaming around talking to people is a hard positive.

Going off of PokeCapn's LP, my guess for Liam's salt would be the african daytime level or the boss fight, which require really fast reactions and lots of boosting. :allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I literally can't wait

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

A good poster posted:

I don't think anyone's seeing Unleashed's NPC designs as reactions to feedback from the character designs from Sonic '06. If Liam wants the people to look less cartoony, I wonder if he remembers the juxtaposition of Sonic and pals with the normal-rear end humans from the previous game.

He remembers it and he preferred it that way.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Going off of PokeCapn's LP, my guess for Liam's salt would be the african daytime level or the boss fight, which require really fast reactions and lots of boosting. :allears:

Yeah, probably the Egg Beetle, since you either boost constantly or you don't reach the boss ever. It is the first point in the game where it goes 'no no, you WILL boost constantly, or you are DONE with this game'.

I love that boss because it's just a flurry of speed and dodging and feeling like a supersonic motherfucking hedgehog, but if Liam is really that opposed to boosting, even on a wide, straight track, then he is probably going to resent it.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Liam's terrible opinions are the counterbalance to his excellent dry zingers. It's a trade-off.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well, a huge No Man's Sky patch just got announced, and released at the same time. I wonder if any of them will hop back in to check it out, I definitely will be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI9PvjJJijY&hd=1

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Watching that made me think about halfway in "Okay, it's on the level of Subnautica's Early Access stuff" but then they got into the trading and that was a bit more interesting. I dunno if this would be enough to get me to play it again for any length of time, but becoming an alien trade mogul seems at least to be a gameplay objective/point to follow. Presumably future updates will expand on this.

Fingers crossed, I suppose.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Captain Invictus posted:

Well, a huge No Man's Sky patch just got announced, and released at the same time. I wonder if any of them will hop back in to check it out, I definitely will be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI9PvjJJijY&hd=1

I'll certainly be picking this up next time it's on sale, for a sliver of the original price due to the loss of faith garnered by their terrible launch, and get a better game for less money.

Thank you Boivin-sensei, cynicism truly is the best way to live.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's actually on sale right now for 35 bucks. I got 80 hours out of it in its original form, so as long as you jump in with the goal of exploring rather than based off the insane hype thanks to Molyneux 2.0, you'll likely get 35 bucks worth out of it as it is. I can totally understand waiting for future updates too, though.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yeah, I don't have any real Adventure/Adventure 2 nostalgia like he does (he once said an Adventure was his "favourite classic sonic"). And I think returning to more cartoonish designs after trying to do sonic characters along with semi-realistic Anime persons is a great change. Maybe they could tweak where they land on that spectrum, or one could argue if people should be around at all, but I can't see the value in Sonic animals and Eggman existing along with fully proportioned cookie cutter humans.

CaptainFish fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 27, 2016

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Skimming the MMX Command Mission videos and holy poo poo, does this fershlugginer game never end

I like the cel shading but it just seems to be video after video of the same anemic random encounters.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
There's like, 2 and a half dungeons left I think, so maybe 5 videos worth if they make one or two hour long ones.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Silent Hill 3 part 12 is Matt having a stroke on camera.

edit: also that weird hentai dude that comments on every single SBFP video is weird

Dias fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 27, 2016

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dias posted:

Also that weird hentai dude that comments on every single SBFP video is weird

Which one though

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Yardbomb posted:

Which one though

Plague.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Dias posted:

edit: also that weird hentai dude that comments on every single SBFP video is weird

I think every Youtuber has someone like that. Game Grumps have one for sure. and I'd bet money Yogscast and the other screamlords have a similar situation.

fake edit: poo poo I missed the obvious Plague joke

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Watchdogs 2 has the best Pat phrase yet.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Yardbomb posted:

Which one though

Good point. The one with a loli fixation.

...that doesn't narrow it down, does it?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

hentai is for jerk offs

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dias posted:

Silent Hill 3 part 12 is Matt having a stroke on camera.

don't call me out in public yo

Also I'm finally catching up on Omikron and HOLY poo poo advice seeking costs 5 rings every time that is beautiful.

This game is beautiful the way they play this game is beautiful I would not trade a minute of this

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Burkion posted:

don't call me out in public yo

Also I'm finally catching up on Omikron and HOLY poo poo advice seeking costs 5 rings every time that is beautiful.

This game is beautiful the way they play this game is beautiful I would not trade a minute of this

Oh, my child, you've seen nothing yet. :allears:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The guys can't read a clock? What the hell?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dias posted:

Good point. The one with a loli fixation.

...that doesn't narrow it down, does it?

To be honest yeah, that's still a couple of them at least I know of that are fans of the Best Friends :v:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my God.

They're arguing about how long they have to beat the game at episode 15.

Episode 30 just came out.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I think the Super Best Friends Play Machinima episode on Watch Dogs 2 may have sold me on Watch Dogs 2

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Burkion posted:

Oh my God.

They're arguing about how long they have to beat the game at episode 15.

Episode 30 just came out.

Just one hour left!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

oh my god, it's literally pitch black why

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I think the Super Best Friends Play Machinima episode on Watch Dogs 2 may have sold me on Watch Dogs 2

Yeah, the humor and the characters are really selling me on it. Other casts like Giant Bomb are saying its pretty good too so I might pick it up at some point.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
We got a nice and strong update to the omikrons.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
The Zaibatsu have sold me on Watch Dogs 2 harder than Ubi ever could. And I actually enjoyed Watch Dogs 1.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Pat has poo poo views on Pokemon being tools and slaves. Did you even WATCH the plot of the Mewtwo films?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ash is currently asking pokemon to get into his pokeballs and his pokedex freaks out about it because no one does that and it works