Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013

thatguy posted:

I don't know how to make cookies fall through the table yet.

Looking forward to seeing some cookies that spin off and explode when you try to eat one though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
am i missing a part of whatever is going on or are people actually getting probated for saying that doxxing is bad? unless they bake cookies

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Grandmother of Five posted:

am i missing a part of whatever is going on or are people actually getting probated for saying that doxxing is bad? unless they bake cookies

No, I think thats about it

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

thatguy posted:

I don't know how to make cookies fall through the table yet.

Well, first things first. Is the table underwater?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

This is one of the most logical things that has ever happened in this thread.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Hi everyone, hope youre all having a light hearted, emotionally balanced day. Just a quick reminder to call or visit your parents and relatives wherever possible, they love and care about you

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

People are getting probated for making GBS threads up the thread, refusing a mod challenge, and then continuing to poo poo up the thread.

They're also getting probated for not moving on and talking about something else. Like Star Citizen.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

They're making dozens of 0 content contrarian posts because they enjoy negative attention which has always been probatable.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Someone please post an animal jpg to move this discussion forward.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

I think the bit you're missing is that no-one is saying it is good. I mean, go stand in the middle of your local shopping centre and every 30 seconds shout "TERRORISM IS BAD" and "DON'T KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE". People aren't going to disagree with what you're saying but that doesn't mean that after a while they won't tell you to shut up.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Wrecked Angle posted:

I think the bit you're missing is that no-one is saying it is good. I mean, go stand in the middle of your local shopping centre and every 30 seconds shout "TERRORISM IS BAD" and "DON'T KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE". People aren't going to disagree with what you're saying but that doesn't mean that after a while they won't tell you to shut up.

in this analogy is the shopping centre this forum? if so, what are people buying? and who is the cashier... derek smart? also is this like a tesco or like what are we working with here. can you flesh this one out for me a little bit more buddy? something is almost here but i am having trouble making the connections due to the lack of detail. i really want to understand you guys

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Decrepus posted:

Someone please post an animal jpg to move this discussion forward.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Wrecked Angle posted:

actually a lot of people said it was good when derek did it to deloria and got mad he was banned for it

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Thank you.

How long until we get a "I want joking" post?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Generation Internet posted:

actually a lot of people said it was good when derek did it to deloria and got mad he was banned for it

alright so some of the people in the shopping center are cheering with the guy saying yeah gently caress terrorism, and the other people are mad i guess ..? can we get like a percentage breakdown of the peoples opinions, maybe like a diagram or something because surely some of the dudes in the shopping center are far away and can barely hear the gently caress terrorism guy

E: Anyone there have headphones on?(analogy for adding arfjason to ignore list)

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Does 1 thread really need 2 full-time administrators? I mean on the ED forum and not this forum obviously.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

pog boyfriend posted:

in this analogy is the shopping centre this forum? if so, what are people buying? and who is the cashier... derek smart? also is this like a tesco or like what are we working with here. can you flesh this one out for me a little bit more buddy? something is almost here but i am having trouble making the connections due to the lack of detail. i really want to understand you guys

Here, I'll let Chris explain...

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

pog boyfriend posted:

Congratulations on your first post in the Star Citizen thread!

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Wrecked Angle posted:

Here, I'll let Chris explain...

that does not explain poo poo. what does any of that have to do with walmart

thatguy posted:

Congratulations on your first post in the Star Citizen thread!

okay this guy is like the walmart greeter. this analogy is really starting to take shape in my mind now. can anyone please answer my earlier questions though? still a little foggy

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Crikey.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Not the kind of sound you'd want to come out of a parachute.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tippis posted:

Not the kind of sound you'd want to come out of a parachute.

Who'll be the one to give Chris the idea that parachutes in space would be cool

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

pog boyfriend posted:

okay this guy is like the walmart greeter. this analogy is really starting to take shape in my mind now. can anyone please answer my earlier questions though? still a little foggy
How much are you in for? Would you be interested in any of our revolutionary new belts?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

thatguy posted:

How much are you in for? Would you be interested in any of our revolutionary new belts?

i just want to know if the floors of the shopping center have been recently mopped by a janitor or not and if the janitors are using good cleaning chemicals or like soap and water if you catch my drift

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

pog boyfriend posted:

i just want to know if the floors of the shopping center have been recently mopped by a janitor or not and if the janitors are using good cleaning chemicals or like soap and water if you catch my drift

The janitors are trying to mop the floors with their fancy space mop buckets but they keep clipping through them and falling into space. Store janitoring is a risky job, friend.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

The janitors are trying to mop the floors with their fancy space mop buckets but they keep clipping through them and falling into space. Store janitoring is a risky job, friend.

Speaking of which, I wonder how that kickstarted semi-sequel to Space Quest is coming. The original series had almost everything SC is aiming for, after all.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
i'm not going to go the the mall and say messed up stuff, in case anyone is wondering. even if i could do it without being made to bake cookies or pay 10$, i wouldn't say stuff like that at the mall.

i was just curious if people were probated for saying that doxxing is bad, because in my humble opinion, that sounds weird in the same way that it was weird when people got probated in the low-carb megathread for giving good health advice.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Remember that time about a year ago a mod or lowtax came up in the thread and was like hey dudes sc is funny but don't dig in to Chris or Sandi's life cause it's creepy and I'll ban you. And we were all like yeah that was a bit much...

And year later we are handing out bans bc people are making fun of that exact same creepy behavior and Derek is all I'll expose your spending habits and show your bias this is ethical and I am a moral authority read my blog.

Haha

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

DogonCrook posted:

Remember that time about a year ago a mod or lowtax came up in the thread and was like hey dudes sc is funny but don't dig in to Chris or Sandi's life cause it's creepy and I'll ban you. And we were all like yeah that was a bit much...

And year later we are handing out bans bc people are making fun of that exact same creepy behavior and Derek is all I'll expose your spending habits and show your bias this is ethical and I am a moral authority read my blog.

Haha

Haha yes dude, internet warlord!!

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

They're making dozens of 0 content contrarian posts because they enjoy negative attention which has always been probatable.

0 content contrarian posts is like 90% of the thread, I think you just don't like people making them

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
the probation of user "arfsomething" has caused a bunch of folks to come in to act Real Concerned Over The State Of Doxxing on his behalf

shocked & dismayed

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Booourns posted:

0 content contrarian posts is like 90% of the thread, I think you just don't like people making them

Hi, how was your thanksgiving

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
doxxing is insanely good

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

SelenicMartian posted:

OK, got the ultimate gif of the guy

http://i.imgur.com/IETxNkU.mp4

Space Mop was apparently the tip of the iceberg. In the high-tech spacefaring future, not only has the Roomba technology been lost, but also dentistry, shaving, and buttonholes are now merely things of legend, whispered about at night in the airlocks.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Booourns posted:

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

doxxing is insanely good

:eyepop:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

The Sword of Derekles hangs heavy overhead.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

doxxing is insanely good

Especially with some basil, garlic, and a splash of red whine.
Although I might be confusing it with something else.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Poor Radium gets a lot of poo poo for his coding, but here we are like a decade later still successfully posting and quoting and moderating and forum cancering and whatnot.

I think, in the end, Lowtax's greatest mistake will be proven to have been appointing a demonstrably mentally-unstable self-proclaimed "Internet Warlord" to moderate a subforum full of OCD sperg goon nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
ban every nondoxxer imo

• Locked thread