Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/Unpaulfessional/status/802568788285816833

https://twitter.com/Unpaulfessional/status/802568877280559104

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Sounds like Del Rio and Paige busted out the good stuff last night

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ay caramba!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is that tarp covering one of the walls of the restaurant?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TV Zombie posted:

Is that tarp covering one of the walls of the restaurant?

that's a patio. ADR likes to like at his cars while fuming about table placement.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I was kind of hoping that the restaurant would last until Christmas when it has to close after del Rio accidentally runs over the Santa Claus they rented for that day.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hilarious that the restaurant is predictably failing also lol at this thread title

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
what is more funny, del Rio leaving the WWE to open a failed resturant or CM punk leaving the WWE to be a failed UFC fighter.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 27, 2016

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Cyron posted:

what is more funny, del Rio leaving the WWE open a failed resturant or CM punk leaving the WWE to be a failed UFC fighter.

Punk is making a shitload of money from being a bad mma fighter. Del Rio not so much.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Skinty McEdger posted:

Punk is making a shitload of money from being a bad mma fighter. Del Rio not so much.

Restaurants are a massive money sink that usually close down within the first five years, especially if you are an athlete or a celebrity.

See: Jim Ross, UFC Welterweight Johny Hendricks, Jerry Lawler (didn't he have a food stand for a bit?)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mongo mcmichael's still goin strong

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Super No Vacancy posted:

mongo mcmichael's still goin strong

Paige should have had an affair with him instead

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I doubt Del Rio put any real amount of money into the restaurant and he's just a name an investment group is using to hopefully bring people in

Or not bring people in, as it were

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Forceholy posted:

Restaurants are a massive money sink that usually close down within the first five years, especially if you are an athlete or a celebrity.

See: Jim Ross, UFC Welterweight Johny Hendricks, Jerry Lawler (didn't he have a food stand for a bit?)

My buddy went to Lawler's place a bunch when he lived in Tennessee and he liked it a lot. I think it's still going strong.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Is Paige self-actualized yet?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
My ex worked catering and so by extension she worked a lot of openings at restaurants (because they often hire outside help) and this sounds pretty par the course for most openings. The first day or two is always kind of a poo poo show TBH.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Isn't Abdullah's restaurant still kicking around?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

TUS posted:

Isn't Abdullah's restaurant still kicking around?

Nope, shut down either this year or last. Still lasted a lot longer than most places tbf.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Apparently Scott D'Amore runs a restaurant now, in addition to doing Border City Wrestling. I always wondered if Armando Estrada's place was any good. I know it closed but that might just mean he sucks at marketing.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Wrestlers should learn from NHL players and only invest in incredibly proven franchise restaurants
Nobody's ever lost money on a Subway or a Tim Hortons

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Del Rio vs. Doobie, book it

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Forceholy posted:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Forceholy posted:

I always thought the best way to make money out of a Celebrity restaurant thingo was to get out quickly after whoever owns the place has paid you the license fee for using your name.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Malcolm Excellent posted:

My buddy went to Lawler's place a bunch when he lived in Tennessee and he liked it a lot. I think it's still going strong.

It's right in the center of Beale. It's jumping

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Only the finest in Mexamerican cuisine

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Only the finest in Mexamerican cuisine

Perro?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
does he have south western eggrolls i love southwestern eggrolls

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

MotU posted:

does he have south western eggrolls i love southwestern eggrolls

Depends on if he went to Costco or not

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Forceholy posted:

Hendricks was his own best customer

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
That one ref runs a donut shop.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I thought ryback bought into a chicken burrito franchise

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
At least the WWF New York restaurant got immortalised in the ending FMV of MGS2. A fair trade for the ~$30,000,000 they lost on it.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

pressedbunny posted:

At least the WWF New York restaurant got immortalised in the ending FMV of MGS2. A fair trade for the ~$30,000,000 they lost on it.

Did it?!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Vince McMahon should finally take the leap and become Solidus Snake imo

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
It was the first thing you see in the middle of the ending credits when they're showing scenes from Manhattan.

http://i.imgur.com/GyuTOq9.png

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[ADRily] bad froggers

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

That DICK! posted:

[ADRily] bad froggers

lol

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Forceholy posted:

Lawler just licensed his name for the 70s hamburger stand. JR parlayed his restaurant into a barbecue sauce empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lawler also didn't burn all his 80s money doing meth like JR did.

• Locked thread