Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

thatguy posted:

We had a dude who spent over $8,000 but you guys scared him off. I doubt there's a cumulative grand between all the regulars these days.

oh ok. thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

satsui no thankyou posted:

oh ok. thank you
How much have the regulars in FYAD spent on... uhhhh... anime?

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

thatguy posted:

We had a dude who spent over $8,000 but you guys scared him off. I doubt there's a cumulative grand between all the regulars these days.

I had 75 dollars in but got a refund and started a coin collection.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Goobs posted:

I had 75 dollars in but got a refund and started a coin collection.
What's your favorite coin?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

I like the ones where it's like a coin inside of another coin.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

When's this game coming out? It seems pretty baller.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D1E posted:

No Man's Sky has released v1.1, the Foundations Update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI9PvjJJijY

It's actually possible they might bring this game back from the dead.

Unironically, however, it's still actually better than Star Citizen or any game Derek Smart has ever made.

Not sure how I got so far behind over the course of a day, but yeah. Way behind!

This is neat though. I hope the guys running NMS can pull it together after the rocky start.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Please consider closing the thread for a day or two or however long it takes for these middle school clique people to lose interest.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

thatguy posted:

it's bitcoin

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chin posted:

Please consider closing the thread for a day or two or however long it takes for these middle school clique people to lose interest.

This thread is 6 and a half thousand pages long. If they haven't lost interest by now, I don't think they will.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: MOD CHALLENGE ALERT :siren: :siren: :siren:

Okay, this is gone on long enough. Random shitposting and off-topic chatter is all fine and dandy, but it's also distracting and frankly this thread has descended into poo poo. Beet and I discussed things and we don't want this thread to be completely devoid of the kind of banter and distractions that let us get through the lean times, but there's only so much bullshit I can take about moderation, irony, and whatever the gently caress Xarael is talking about.

So I'm issuing a mod challenge. For Marching Powder, ArfJason, and Xarael. MP your love of recipes and Star Citizen is well known, so in honor of the holiday spirit I am challenging all three of you to provide us with one dozen Star Citizen themed holiday cookies. You will include a recipe for how these cookies are made. Each cookie must be different (at least equivalent in variation to whatever CIG uses to justify selling a new JPEG with LTI).

If you don't agree to this challenge, then the next post you make in this thread that isn't about Star Citizen will result in you being probated for a day, followed by 3 days, 1 week, 1 month, and then a ban. If you choose to come back after that then the cycle will repeat itself.

If you agree to this challenge then you have ONE WEEK to complete it. During that time any post you make in this thread that isn't about Star Citizen or your endeavor to complete the challenge will result in a 6 hour probation.

If you succeed in this challenge by posting both the recipe and evidence of the dozen cookies by 9:00 AM EST on Sunday, December 4 then Beet and I will choose whoever made the best cookies. Whoever we choose will then get to pick one other cookie maker to be banned.

If, upon accepting this challenge, you fail to make the cookies in the allotted time then you will be banned.

Anyone else is free to join in and take the challenge as well. All of the above rules still apply.

EDIT: After consulting with other mods I decided to give myself more flexibility in terms of bans for shitposting.

Oh this is great! :D

I'm trying to think of cookies that would be best for it, and how the heck to actually make it a Star Citizen thing. I hope there's some good cookies in the thread at this point. :)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
If Beer is now the thing he hates the most... is that ironic?

Marching Powder, please come back and help me out here.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

You sure it's not a Zero?

:thurman:

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Nov 28, 2016

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Beer, where I think you're really wrong about CRoberts is that you're conflating the idea that us saying he is well aware of the scamming are trying to say he's masterminding the scam. It's two different things. No way he doesn't know the scam is being pulled. I would agree he is to stupid to be the one running it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Raskolnikov posted:

none of these are funny

Does this person not understand how planes work? :psyduck:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Quavers posted:

Wow, two "leavers" because they can't be bothered to bake cookies. :wave:

I don't think you even need to bake, do you? Just post recipes? I mean, I'm lazy as hell but you could probably do it with just small alterations to random reciepies from http://allrecipes.com/
    Release Date Surprise

Ingredients
    1 cup butter, softened
    1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
    1/4 cup cornstarch
    1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Directions

• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  • Whip butter with an electric mixer until fluffy.
  • Stir in the confectioners' sugar, cornstarch, and flour.
  • Beat on low for one minute, then on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
  • Drop cookies by spoonfuls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
  • Loudly tell everyone in the room that you are going to bake these cookies for 10 minutes. You can do it in just 10 minutes because you've already been preheating the oven for an hour.
  • Insert cookies into oven. Retrieve charred remains in 30-300 minutes.
  • Send them back to be refactored.

See, easy.

Dreams Happen Now
    This sparkling treat is a real crowd pleaser.

Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened
    1 cup white sugar
    1 cup packed brown sugar
    2 eggs
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    3 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    2 teaspoons hot water
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 cups shards of broken glass

Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  • Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour and glass.
  • Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
  • Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

Wait, I just thought of another one.

Cryengine 64s

Ingredients
    3/4 cup scalded milk
    1/3 cup granulated sugar
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 (.25 ounce) envelope active dry yeast
    1/4 cup warm water
    4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
    1/3 cup butter or margarine
    2 eggs, beaten
    2 cups confectioners' sugar
    6 tablespoons milk

Directions

• Preheat oven to 350F.
  • In a medium bowl, stir together the scalded milk, sugar, and salt. Set aside to cool until tepid. If using nutmeg, stir it into the flour, and add 2 cups of the mixture to the milk, and beat until well blended.
  • In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water. Stir into the milk and flour mixture, then mix in the butter and eggs. Mix in the remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time. When dough is firm enough, turn it out onto a floured surface, and knead for 3 to 4 minutes. Place into an oiled bowl, cover and allow dough to rise until doubled in bulk. This should take 30 to 45 minutes.
  • On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/2 inch in thickness. Cut into circles using a donut cutter, or round cutter. Set aside to rise for 30 to 40 minutes, or until light.
  • Lay rings out on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 18 minutes.
  • Glaze while warm, or just sprinkle with sugar.

• To make the glaze, stir together the confectioners' sugar and 6 tablespoons milk until smooth. Dip warm cookies into glaze, and set aside to cool.
See, the joke is that an oven is a bad tool for making donuts, even if you call them cookies, just like Cryengine is a bad tool for making a vehicle-based MMO.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Somebody bake a huge Star Citizen logo pretzel. tia.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Be sure to put lots of salt into your cookies. Taste the tears of shitizens when all this implodes.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

how much money did the regular posters in this thread spend on star citizen

0. A big fat goose egg. I just don't trust crowd funded software development. Didn't before SC, even less so now. No accountability and no penalties when the project goes down the hole. I can barely do early access, even. And if you check the post counts, I think I most certainly count as a regular here, for what that's worth.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

Well, it is bad. People's lives have been destroyed because of it

:agreed:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

no they will not posted:

That's the sig divider
Tane

I know, that's what makes it funny. tane

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Chin posted:

how about you close your mouth for a day haha. just kidding man. this is what we do in fyad -- the nasty forum for flame wars and trolls

POP TEAM EPIC

thank you dendy(old summer sig)this is what gets the bacon these days
i hope you enjoyed my post :) here is to many more :cheersdoge:
99.99% of teenagers have moved on to "music" like rap, rock, techno, etc. if you are still one of the 0.01% that still listen to welsh court music put this in your sig i do not have a new autumn sig so instead i am pimping my wide with some badges

in a way the increaseing length of this signature could be said to be a reflection of time passing. as trees gain more rings, so to does this signature become more hosed up and long.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

Oh this is great! :D

I'm trying to think of cookies that would be best for it, and how the heck to actually make it a Star Citizen thing. I hope there's some good cookies in the thread at this point. :)

There's also the whole family of 'things that are sort of like cookies but not really' to consider. Like a big lump of frosting, or a piece of play-doh. Maybe even a papercraft cookie.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
A jpeg of a cookie, even

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
An archer'd cookie is technically star citizen themed

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

starkebn posted:

It's two different things. No way he doesn't know the scam is being pulled. I would agree he is to stupid to be the one running it.

Yeah, I see him as the salesman for the con. After all, that's what he's good at, and no doubt it was pointed out that the details weren't his area. Just sell the dream, yell at a few guys refactoring the gently caress out of the artwork, and we'll do the heavy economic lifting. Here's your cut, you've got plausible denial.

When this goes tits up, he's going to lean on that plausible denial so hard. I think that's why Ben and Sandi are also tactically withdrawn, and I suspect the timing of that will become important. They're in the know, but they still have the plausible denial cover. You can almost write the script for it now, a better script than Squadron 42. The poor betrayed visionaries who were only thinking of the whales, so shocked at the wicked plans of those they trusted. Bet on it.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
so did they already miss their avocado deadline or what? have they been updating the schedule? Can't wait for this new initiative to immediately get forgotten and ignored by the brown sea.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
:caughtup.gif:

Unfortunately I see now why there was 1000 posts. Sort of in-fighting between SA clouds.

Each cloud is special guys. :yayclod:

Unless we're running on the same cloud as Star Citizen, because that would certainly explain a lot of the white noise happening now. Also it would explain why we're having such a hard time moving on to 2.0 of the thread. It's alright guys, we can all do it together in peace and harmony. :cheers:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

The Titanic posted:

:caughtup.gif:

Unfortunately I see now why there was 1000 posts. Sort of in-fighting between SA clouds.

Each cloud is special guys. :yayclod:

Unless we're running on the same cloud as Star Citizen, because that would certainly explain a lot of the white noise happening now. Also it would explain why we're having such a hard time moving on to 2.0 of the thread. It's alright guys, we can all do it together in peace and harmony. :cheers:

Incorrect, there is only "The Cloud".

Anything can be done there, it's internet 2.0+

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

how much money did the regular posters in this thread spend on star citizen
I took out two mortgages on my house, hope this helps.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

I know, that's what makes it funny. tane

This is embarrassing man

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

4 more years :cheers:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

CrazyTolradi posted:

The 4chan rejects drove out MoMA and Lazrin :(

They really didn't. Lazrin hasn't posted since his meltdown that got him probated, and MoMA's probably just been enjoying family time for Thanksgiving.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

See? Posts like this are great. They're all coherent arguments that make valid points.

I don't think of it as an "at least they tried" situation. I think of it as the kind of reality distortion field bullshit that people saw around Steve Jobs, a kind of group delusion that enables Chris to even think this stuff is possible. It's the same thing he did with Wing Commander and Freelancer. I don't think he's actively scamming people, I think he sees the millions pouring in as validation of what he's doing. Same with the vacations and lavish facilities. I suspect he sees all of that as earned rewards for his success, again defined by the funding counter.

Look at the behind the scenes video. Assuming that isn't a hoax, it shows Chris actually believing they could finish the SQ42 demo in a day when months later nothing has been shown. That is not the perspective of someone who is in touch with reality. It's the same thing we've seen for years. Nobody in their right mind releases the letter Chris did last year after The Escapist article.

I believe the scam, the willfull intent to extract as much money as possible, lies with Sandi and Ortwin. Ortwin's actions with the Hollywood accounting and multiple shell corporations suggests a massive effort to shield as much money as possible from reprisal, and Sandi is in charge of a predatory marketing campaign that has demonstrated a callous disregard for ethical behavior. Just read the correspondence she sent to me to get a sense of what kind of person she is.

Does it matter? Not really. Regardless of what happens Chris will take the blame, and I would be shocked if Ortwin didn't have contingencies in place to ensure he's untouched. Sandi probably thinks she has an out but I haven't seen anything to suggest she's even remotely competent enough to pull it off. Even if Chris isn't intentionally scamming people he's guilty of gross incompetence and mismanagement. He deserves whatever comes to him.

CIG as a company is running a scam, and it doesn't take much to see it. Every dollar spent increases scope which justifies increasing schedule. They're selling ships that they don't have to deliver even if the game is released. The only concrete information they've provided is about features they've cut. They habitually fail to meet the expectations that they only set. They constantly pressure backers to spend more while failing to meet their existing obligations. And people continue to fall for it.

I think the best way I can put it is more or less what I said when it turned out Sandi was emailing your buddy his posts on SA to him, and that's just that they're maliciously incompetent. They come across to me as loving stupid and they're really nasty about it, because they seem to think they're smarter than they really are and don't understand how to handle things like normal, sane people would. They'd step on your back rather then step over it, but would then probably lose balance and fall into a rose bush.

Chris is just as nasty as the rest of them and he's basically admitted that he is in dealing with staff. It's even worse if TheAgent's stories are true. I have no doubt he's okayed every underhanded little trick and known exactly why it was that built that way financially. He thinks the demo was possible because of arrogance and stupidity, that he can simply decree and it will be done. Failure is ego damage and he won't accept that.

Remember, "the backers will never know."

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Westworld is good.

Go watch it if you haven't already.

Truga posted:

4 more years :cheers:
Then it might hit beta! :dance:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hat Thoughts posted:

This is embarrassing man

What's embarrassing is that you have a subforum where the signature separator is a picture of a quote from another subforum wondering why people from other subforums would take pictures from their subforum. It's to make fun of you.

People not understanding the humor in that lack of self awareness that think we are making fun of them because we don't understand what a signature is? You must be sharp lot.

People wondering why others would take pictures of their subforum rather than use the "quote" function. Hint: quoting doesn't convey FYADs wonderful color scheme.

And did you guys know that Arf didn't actually make that post about doxxing? We feel very strongly that you should know that least you think less of FYAD. And please stop calling us racists just because we keep saying "friend of the family", it is you who fail a understanding joke development you idiot jews

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Nov 28, 2016

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

What's embarrassing is that you have a subforum where the signature separator is a picture of a quote from another subforum wondering why people from other subforums would take pictures from their subforum.

People not understanding the humor in the lack of self awareness that think we are making fun of them because we don't understand what a signature is? You must be sharp lot.

People wondering why others would take pictures of their subforum rather than use the "quote" function. Hint: quoting doesn't convey FYADs wonderful color scheme.

And did you guys know that Arf didn't actually make that post about doxxing? We feel very strongly that you should know that least you think less of FYAD. And please stop calling us racists just because we keep saying "friend of the family", it is you who fail a understanding joke development you idiot jews

I don't post in FYAD

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

MeLKoR posted:

What's embarrassing is that you have a subforum where the signature separator is a picture of a quote from another subforum wondering why people from other subforums would take pictures from their subforum. It's to make fun of you.

People not understanding the humor in that lack of self awareness that think we are making fun of them because we don't understand what a signature is? You must be sharp lot.

nothing is more embarrassing than 109 pages of posts in a thread about a game that isn't even out yet.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hat Thoughts posted:

I don't post in FYAD
Remember to call you parents and tell them about it, it will make them proud. Also, tane.

Black Baby Goku posted:

nothing is more embarrassing than 109 pages of posts in a thread about a game that isn't even out yet.
Your rap sheet makes that burn harder to make.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Well, I guess we know which reddit account belongs to ArfJohnson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

If the SC thread gets rid of FYAD, LMAO. Can we just declare the game good then?

• Locked thread