Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Enjoying how Excalibur has become Chuck Taylor and Dan Barry's Ed McMahon on An Officer and A Gentleman. Matt Riddle is the guest this edition and he does not disappoint. He really is MMA's RVD.

They've got a spin off series potentially with Matt Riddle just going to zoos and staring down bears and Komodo Dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

They've got a spin off series potentially with Matt Riddle just going to zoos and staring down bears and Komodo Dragons.

With Chuck and Dan laughing in the background.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
update: me and my roommate got first row tickets to see chris hero live at evolve 74 it's a thanksgiving miracle

i look forward to being landed on by ricochet

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/PWRevolver/status/801954076237893632

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gonna be a lot of gross chair shots in this one

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

no plans to attend wrestlecon but i hope its not the only place tanaka plans on showing up mania weekend

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

no plans to attend wrestlecon but i hope its not the only place tanaka plans on showing up mania weekend

I hope he works PWG specfically

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Has anyone in this thread been to my local indy promotion, Nova Pro in northern Virginia? I realized I've been to every show and never asked if there were any goons there. Tonight's the last show of 2016 and they've got Arik Royal vs. Chris Hero and Donovan Dijak vs. Jonathan Gresham. It's Sonjay Dutt's home promotion and they've been running since September 2015. I think a lot of the local guys are from MCW Rage.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tomorrow!

Jessicka Havok vs. Heidi Lovelace - I Quit Match
Brian Cage
Bucky Collins
Chuck Taylor
Colt Cabana
Connor Braxton
DJZ
Jeff Cobb
Markus Crane
The Hooligans

NEXT MONTH
DEC 30
115 Bourbon Street

JAN 7
Knights of Columbus, LaSalle

JAN 20
115 Bourbon Street

FEB 4

FEB 17
115 Bourbon Street

MAR 4

MAR 17
Berwyn Eagles Club

APR 8
EPIC
Joe's Live Rosemont

APR 22

MAY 6
Logan Square Auditorium

JUN 17
115 Bourbon Street

JUL 15
115 Bourbon Street

AUG 5

OCT 7

OCT 13
The Jim Lynam Memorial Tournament Night 1
115 Bourbon Street

OCT 14
The Jim Lynam Memorial Tournament Night 2
Berwyn Eagles Club

NOV 4

NOV 25
The Windy City Classic XIII
Logan Square Auditorium

DEC 2

DEC 30
115 Bourbon Street

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

APW just announced Pentagon Jr for a show in February. I am so stoked, he didn't wrestle at the Lucha Underground taping I attended so I finally get to see him live. I plan on getting ringside seats and screaming Cero Miedo at the top of my lungs

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
C4 in Canada will be part of Powerbomb.tv when it launches.

Also IWA Italy. Powerbomb.tv should be great when it launches.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Watching Vice's documentary of Tournament of Death and I'm wondering....does Zandig show up for every tournament of death? That's gotta be annoying.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

Watching Vice's documentary of Tournament of Death and I'm wondering....does Zandig show up for every tournament of death? That's gotta be annoying.

For a few years I think he had nothing to do with it after having sold CZW, but I could be wrong. oatgan is pretty up on TOD stuff.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I thought the whole thing is he was gone for awhile then just returned this year.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Does anybody have a full list of the shows running Wrestlemania weekend this year?

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

TV Zombie posted:

No. He's rarely showed up since the sale. This year it was a big deal.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I think the last TOD Zandig showed up for was the one where he accidentally won TOD by pinning DJ Hyde in an impromptu battle royal despite both men being eliminated earlier in the show because Nick Gage actually died in the ring

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Gringo Loco is keeping the legacy of old school indie wrestling alive- he wrestled in Cleveland for AIW on Friday night, got arrested for something and bailed out on Saturday morning, went back to Illinois on Saturday afternoon, and had a heart attack after a match later that night. He's in a hospital in stable condition.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Big Bidness posted:

Gringo Loco is keeping the legacy of old school indie wrestling alive- he wrestled in Cleveland for AIW on Friday night, got arrested for something and bailed out on Saturday morning, went back to Illinois on Saturday afternoon, and had a heart attack after a match later that night. He's in a hospital in stable condition.

legend

https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/802986715061239808

so this is happening tonight

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Big Bidness posted:

Only way it could be more old-school is if he worked twice, once under a mask, and wrestled a bear. Bear may or may not have worn a mask. Also Tracy Smothers is involved.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Peak indy wrestling would be him booking more matches with promoters while at the hospital

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

All that plus he would have had to fake the heart attack and somehow leave with the gate

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/803194590996074496

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Big Bidness posted:

He wasn't arrested for drug possession to be clear. He got popped for peeing in public when he went to go get his bags out of his car to load into an Uber apparently.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Dick Togo's opponent for Evolve 75 is Ethan Page. :shepicide:

At least the rest of the card is worth my front row seat.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Dick Togo's opponent for Evolve 75 is Ethan Page. :shepicide:

At least the rest of the card is worth my front row seat.

Did you go to the show back in July?

General admission would actually be better.

The GA seats are padded chairs with pretty great sight lines

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

exploded mummy posted:

Did you go to the show back in July?

General admission would actually be better.

The GA seats are padded chairs with pretty great sight lines

Nah I wasn't able to make it in July. I've seen the venue and GA looks neat, but if front row is available I usually grab those seats.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The Page Power Rankings:
Diamond(c)
1. Adam
2. Mitch
3. Ethan

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Nah I wasn't able to make it in July. I've seen the venue and GA looks neat, but if front row is available I usually grab those seats.

If you get there early, you may be able to find parking in the back, though i think beyond is running a show before so a lot of people will probably just stick around

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

coconono posted:

The Page Power Rankings:
Diamond(c)
1. Adam
2. Mitch
3. Ethan

1. Ricky Shane
2. Adam
3. Mitch
4. Ethan imo

exploded mummy posted:

If you get there early, you may be able to find parking in the back, though i think beyond is running a show before so a lot of people will probably just stick around

Yeah I'll be at both shows and have front row seats for both :)

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
How about that AAW show on Saturday night? ZSJ-Trent, Sami-Hero, and Mercedes Martinez destroying Kimber Lee's chest were my personal highlights.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I was a little down on it because the six-man was my most anticipated match and rey horus missed his flight and then low ki got injured and it pretty much killed the momentum. pentagon saved the heat every time he got in the ring and then low ki miraculously recovered but it was p disjointed. in retrospect the show peaked early with the ach-ali match and the silly 8-man tag shenanigans, imo. venue sucks for dives. they shouldnt use the dumb barricades and put them that close to the ring and then book a bunch of guys that can dive. not sure why they insist on the barricades

the tag title match was also a clusterfuck of shenanigans and similarly disjointed but a fun title change

zsj/trent was good, BIG MIKE making a surprise appearance to challenge zsj for the #1 contendership was also cool. main event was good although it didnt seem like the crowd bought hero's knee giving way. I know sami matches have critics but as an individual performer he's great

that was the first time I'd seen mercedes martinez work since the previous time I saw her it was a squash match and she was really good. that match was good and the angle with heidi was good. pentagon and mercedes should have a chop-off

DJZ was advertised and didnt show. we got jake crist and alex daniels in a triple threat with chuckie t. I dunno who alex daniels is but he's got a roddy-like motor. also does lots of stupid corner throws and apron bumps. also his gimmick is that he thinks he's literally ben affleck i think. wouldn't mind him in the mix some

fenix drew galloway jeff cobb kimber lee heidi lovelace and ar fox vs. ach announced for 12/30. pentagon also seemed to challenge ach so lets make that happen

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Kind of annoyed Hero lost but I guess they're gonna ride Sami as top guy for a while

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

I dunno who alex daniels is but he's got a roddy-like motor. also does lots of stupid corner throws and apron bumps. also his gimmick is that he thinks he's literally ben affleck i think. wouldn't mind him in the mix some

He's one of Johnny Gargano's students. I think he's been wrestling for like 3 years, and up until last year nearly killed himself trying stupid poo poo he wasn't ready for in every match. He definitely has some real potential.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
It's cool they brought in Alex Daniels. He's one of Johnny Gargano's students. He's got a good future.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

1. Ricky Shane
2. Adam
3. Mitch
4. Ethan imo

Yeah I'll be at both shows and have front row seats for both :)

beyond really doesn't have rows

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

exploded mummy posted:

beyond really doesn't have rows

They had to do seating this time.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

They had to do seating this time.

they didn't last time, everyone kinda stood next to the ring and then they kicked us out and set up the evolve stuff and chairs after

but hey they are doing chairs this time it looks like

and Hero's wrestling Silver and Ricochet is wrestling Gresham

drat may have to see this after all

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

so the shake them ropes guy isnt taking the floslam job after all, has anyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
oh man, I totally forgot about that Alex Daniels dude! He was fun.

The tag title match was pretty bad, I thought, a lot of miscommunication, down to Fitchett being in the wrong dang corner for Everett's SSP and having to bounce across the ring to get there - agreed that the venue didn't do anybody any favors.

What'd Lo Ki do to himself? One minute he was in the ring and the next he was gone on the side of the ring for like, five minutes. I expected a big brawl (security came through and cleaned up all the detritus on the floor by the bar), and after he got injured, I guess they just audibled the entire thing in-ring, which is impressive all the same.

oh yeah and Prince Ali announced it was his last match with AAW but he couldn't say where he was going, soooooo hooray for that dude gettin' that 205 Live paycheck.

Deathlove fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 28, 2016