Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

limited posted:

But yes, the main MP is basically designed to sell CoD points to the impatient. Even the zombie crates replace one drop, with a pack of three one-use cards so it's always better to go to the MP menu and spend keys in there.

Eh, your mileage may vary. If you're chasing variants, yeah, go with the MP. But if you don't have anything to chase for, that's when you consider the Zombie crates.

Also rare Zombie crates give you three TWO-use cards. Even though that just means "you can burn that card over two games instead of one". And each one counts as three in-game, provided you're fine dropping $5k for the second use and $10k for the third use. Chances are, that'll only happen if you're fully perked and loaded with PaP guns, and have gotten the UFOs to move away from the traps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Those QOS tweaks are just placebo bullshit. I keep lowering my upload speed like that Youtuber did and its not making a difference. The perceived benefit I thought I had was just the host rng. The game has been out almost a month and I haven't Prestiged so I guess I don't like this game as much as I thought.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Orbital and I need friends. Come play this mediocre game with us.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Still working. Can't play until nine eastern at the earliest.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I reorganized my living room and now need an extension for my XIM so no shootymans until Tuesday.

I could try to use a controller again but nah.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

widespread posted:

What. That sounds stupid. ADVANCED usually means "CONSTANT UPDATES", not the same drat sweep as a regular UAV.

It sounds stupid because it is stupid. But then, this is Infinity Ward we're talking about. They thought UAV was so overpowered that they removed it from Ghosts and replaced it with SATCOMs. There's no way they'd include a legit VSAT type scorestreak. Advanced UAV was like this in MW3 as well, but at least it was in the support streak branch in that game (which coincidentally was the last Infinity Ward game with good/fun streaks).

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Wrong topic.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Why does Double XP feel off? Match bonuses and challenges are not doubled. :iw:

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Fuzzy, saw this video and thought of you. Even the pros hate the vulture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9yRc4gHoSY&t=840s

(timestamp at 14 minutes in case it doesn't start there)

Javes fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Nov 28, 2016

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Appropriately, the clip I took of me chasing three oblivious dudes for about 15 seconds with a Vulture behind them didn't save properly

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Javes posted:

Fuzzy, saw this video and thought of you. Even the pros hate the vulture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9yRc4gHoSY&t=840s

(timestamp at 14 minutes in case it doesn't start there)

What does Radar mode even do, I wonder. If the answer isn't a free Personal Radar, I'll write off the Vulture as a waste.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

widespread posted:

What does Radar mode even do, I wonder. If the answer isn't a free Personal Radar, I'll write off the Vulture as a waste.

It creates a radar pulse (like Warfighter's Ping ability) centered on the Vulture every second or so. But since the Vulture is kind of apathetic about following you, if you're moving it spends a lot of its time pinging where you just were, which is not super helpful.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This games Vulture is just the Ghosts' Vulture and Owl put together. Did IW just copy and paste the code from it?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

There best part is how it makes you choose between the two modes, as if IW actually thought it was competent at either.

It's literally worse at following you than real life autonomous drone tracking.

The future! :ironicat:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 28, 2016

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
The meta is that in the future the Vulture was actually made by IW, which is why it doesn't work worth a poo poo.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

If I have Moderate NAT in this game, I just start up MWR and its open again. I kinda want Raven to make their own COD since they seem to have the technical things down. Their double XP actually worked properly this weekend. Of course I didn't play it at all.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I found the vulture kills dragon calling card really easy. All you need to do is shoot the enemy not enough to kill him, but enough for him to be one shot, then die and let the vulture maybe kill him.

It's good that the vulture is "watching my six" so unless I am fully camping and looking up to watch his useless laser tracker all he does is video dope GoPro action of all my deaths before firing staples at the enemy.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
every single time I see a vulture I shoot it and it dies and it's hilarious so I love it thanks for tuning in

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mill Village posted:

If I have Moderate NAT in this game, I just start up MWR and its open again. I kinda want Raven to make their own COD since they seem to have the technical things down. Their double XP actually worked properly this weekend. Of course I didn't play it at all.
I keep popping strict, and this is after I put my PS4 in a DMZ. loving IW. However if booting up MWR fixes it I'll try that from now on.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

every single time I see a vulture I shoot it and it dies and it's hilarious so I love it thanks for tuning in

why waste the two bullets when you can wait for a slight breeze or the sound waves from a grenade 40 feet away to do the job for you.

e: i got the vulture calling card third after the warden and thor and that sums up how bad the scorestreaks are in this game. Basically Robot guy, thor and scorchers should be your only setup. robot to get kills, thor to get kills from space and the scorchers to kill yourself when you're a kill away from one of the other two scorestreaks

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Nov 29, 2016

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Lol that you people are still playing this garbage fire. i might hop on and play some in a bit

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

housefly posted:

Lol that you people are still playing this garbage fire. i might hop on and play some in a bit
It's really the perfect capstone to 2016 when you think about it.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Javes posted:

Fuzzy, saw this video and thought of you.

hahaha holy poo poo this is so painful

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I tried out the "Javes Special" (Silencer Quickdraw) on my FH40. I was playing TDM on Frontier. I got behind people and killed a bunch of dudes. I ended up with a 2 k/d. :feelsgood:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

JackGeneric posted:

It creates a radar pulse (like Warfighter's Ping ability) centered on the Vulture every second or so. But since the Vulture is kind of apathetic about following you, if you're moving it spends a lot of its time pinging where you just were, which is not super helpful.

That... isn't terrible? But the Vulture is a lazy shite so it's a wash.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Actually its terrible because players move much faster then the Vulture.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

I keep popping strict, and this is after I put my PS4 in a DMZ. loving IW. However if booting up MWR fixes it I'll try that from now on.

Yeah, the net code has never been this hosed before. I was playing a last few games with Generic last night to get a blue box, and we couldn't chat with each other in the party.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I've never had any issues with COD netcode.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
lets play this game. I'm on now.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I've never had any issues with COD netcode.

Uh, wasn't it you that wasn't able to chat with me in BLOPS 2/Extinction if one of us had a moderate NAT?

No wait, I think that was Hogfather Jake.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Macys posted:

Uh, wasn't it you that wasn't able to chat with me in BLOPS 2/Extinction if one of us had a moderate NAT?

No wait, I think that was Hogfather Jake.

I thought that was Cajun? And it was between you guys. Aside from whatever loving terrible matchmaking this game has, once I get IN a game, I generally manage just fine.

Upgrading my PS4 drive to 2TB tonight. Backup and restoring takes loving forever, y'all.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

I managed to stop a Merc's Steel Dragon by punching him dead tonight. I completely see problems with don't see any problem having a gimmick class where it's just punching people with two seekers and the perks that hide me from scorestreaks.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Agreed. Having played several rounds of Gun Game, knifing feels drat good.

Travel speed in this game is so high, that if you meet coming around a corner, or if you get a good slide in, the enemy is dead.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Ugh, every game in MWR feels like playing against MLG superstar pros that have memorized every good spot to throw a grenade. I want a standalone version of this poo poo already so noobs will buy it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

so did this turn out ok or am i sticking with overwatch until next year

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I thought that was Cajun? And it was between you guys. Aside from whatever loving terrible matchmaking this game has, once I get IN a game, I generally manage just fine.

Upgrading my PS4 drive to 2TB tonight. Backup and restoring takes loving forever, y'all.

Its funny how matchmaking solo takes forever in this game for me, but I get more people in my party and suddenly it works fine. I tried playing TDM, Dom, Hardpoint, Defender, Kill Confirmed and Ground War today. I could only find games in TDM. The Ground War matchmaking put me into a Defender lobby. I don't know if glitched lobbies are a thing in this game, but I didn't want to find out.

Stux posted:

its decent, your experience my vary based on what the game thinks of your connection

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mill Village posted:

its decent, your experience my vary based on what the game thinks of your connection

i played with 100+ ping for all of blops 3 bcos of not being in the US when playing with goons

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Stux posted:

its good especially if you like to jump (which you do)

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

its good especially if you like to jump (which you do)

oh yes the jumping is very good in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Stux posted:

Stick with Overwatch, this game is obviously a half-finished rushed copy paste, after Ghosts 2 was cancelled out from underneath IW.
My copy was gifted, and it's the newest CoD, so I'll keep playing, but it has serious issues in need of addressing by the developers.

You PC, or console Overwatch?

• Locked thread