Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm making up my giant "Poois" banner right now.

Cool, I'll get us two front row seats. Who else wants in? Don't be a bunch of bitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

1500quidporsche posted:

Lewis' issue is he's known as being difficult to work with sponsors and borderline toxic and he's with the only team on the grid that doesn't really care about sponsors.

Silverstone Marshals would say he's actually toxic, was incredibly rude to a group of them before the race, and then when the cameras went off on the crowd surfing thing he had another set of petulance at them. Crowd surfing was all good and cool on TV but not so awesome if you have people crushed up against metal fencing, UK has seen that movie before. If Lewis's car crashes at silverstone next year don't be surprised if it takes them a long time to find the fire extinguisher and oh deary me It's failed.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

learnincurve posted:

Silverstone Marshals would say he's actually toxic, was incredibly rude to a group of them before the race, and then when the cameras went off on the crowd surfing thing he had another set of petulance at them. Crowd surfing was all good and cool on TV but not so awesome if you have people crushed up against metal fencing, UK has seen that movie before. If Lewis's car crashes at silverstone next year don't be surprised if it takes them a long time to find the fire extinguisher and oh deary me It's failed.

When did this come out?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Chiwie posted:

When did this come out?

Join the UK marshals groups on facebook for much gossip.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

Cool, I'll get us two front row seats. Who else wants in? Don't be a bunch of bitches.

We need enough to spell out "SHAMILTON" on the front of t-shirts.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

learnincurve posted:

What news source did you--

learnincurve posted:

Join the UK marshals groups on facebook for much gossip.
lmao

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
Maybe Renault will get its poo poo together for 2017?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gmaz posted:

Funniest fuckin post in the thread.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Falken posted:

lmao

:\ Oh dear, It's that annoying thing reddit does where they scream for sources on real life anecdotes. I'm not sure what you want me to do? Get a sworn affidavit and dox myself? I grew up and live in the UK's F1 team factory and racetrack/karting land not some remote Arizona backwater. One of my real friends is a marshal so I get to hear mostly bitching about the FIA not appreciating the job they do, and how the first year they did the Chinese GP with KERS/ERS the Chinese didn't have the correct rubber gloves so bought a load of black washing up gloves and hoped no one noticed.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Source?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

wicka posted:

Source?

You're not on the Chinese F1 paddock glove owners FB group?
Just how casual are you?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gmaz posted:

When Renault figures out how to use their engine better than Red Bull, sure.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Renault + Tarquin = DREAM TEAM

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Any marshal going on about 'being slow on the extinguisher' on Facebook because he thinks he is important and got his feelings hurt is a dumb poo poo head who shouldn't be a marshal anymore.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

Funniest fuckin post in the thread.

I expected more.

Irrelevant Team Rankings, 2016;

Mercedes
Red Bull
Force India
Ferrari
Toro Rosso
Williams
McLaren
Haas
Manor
Renault
Sauber

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I've got no loving words. Just loving :lol:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/unwell-hamilton-pulls-out-of-abu-dhabi-test-855220/

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Falken posted:

lmao

But like what the actual gently caress

Khablam posted:

You're not on the Chinese F1 paddock glove owners FB group?
Just how casual are you?

Yea what a fuckin scrub, right?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

He did the test though.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I told you he would have to join Kanye in the psyche ward

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
K. so I tell you of a place where you can easily find this easily verifiable information* for yourselves and it's something to get panties in a twist over? Petulant. Childs.

*also flags in-jokes and race schedules and the like, which is the real reason to check it out because it's kind of nice to know what cars/bikes will be out on what track and if there are any good karting events on in advance.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Jeez, if the guy cuts a fart in public people are going to lose their poo poo in a comment section somewhere on the Internet.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Hilariously typical behaviour from pouty Lewis.

Khablam posted:

He did the test though.

He did "a few runs" which almost makes it worse that he bothered to show up, get in his gear and do a few laps, and then decide "gently caress this, I'm not doing it". That or he might have actually been legitimately sick... but no, he wasn't.

I'd like to see Max and Ricciardo have a good battle near the front next year, although I definitely don't think Max has a WDC in him yet. I'd put my money on Lewis for 2017 unless something changes drastically (please let's have that happen).

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

CratSock posted:

I'd like to see Max and Ricciardo have a good battle near the front next year, although I definitely don't think Max has a WDC in him yet. I'd put my money on Lewis for 2017 unless something changes drastically (please let's have that happen).

Well big tyres make him sick, so there's hope yet.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Khablam posted:

He did the test though.

I hope the result is positive.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

I hope the result is positive.

Positive for being better than Rosberg :unsmigghh:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
he was probably really hungover. I tried go-kartign on a massive hangover this year, ended up having to slow down and crack the visor up to get some fresh air, felt like I was going to throw up.

would imagine it's a little worse on the stomach in an F1 car

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The worst thread in "runs with clickbait and uses it to enforce entrenched beliefs" shocker.

I mean I think poosis is a lame-o but cmoon

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Lewis is still shook after such an embarrassing defeat, he's low energy and couldn't complete the test, sad.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Khablam posted:

The worst thread in "runs with clickbait and uses it to enforce entrenched beliefs" shocker.

I mean I think poosis is a lame-o but cmoon

Is this not the worst thread?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Honestly how could you not expect me to see that headline and just run with it? Just Honestly.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This thread has really collapsed into a place I honestly (just honestly) did not think it could go.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lewis Hamilton lost the 2016 World Drivers Championship.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

This thread has really collapsed into a place I honestly (just honestly) did not think it could go.

It was only ever going to go down. We peaked with Keke tbh.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Honestly how could you not expect me to see that headline and just run with it? Just Honestly.

Honestly, what are we even doing here? Honestly, I mean, honestly?

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Given next years aero heavy regulations, I expect to see more Red Bull at the front.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wicka posted:

It might just be the worst thread

in the world.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
lol which one of you tweeted this

https://twitter.com/F1/status/803647541937991680

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

'52 isn't a fair comparison.

Though what's the highest win % without winning the championship?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

wicka posted:

I've asked ZDR to turn this thread into a link to the Autosport forums. Pending an answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I'd take not winning a single race all season long if it means I got the WDC at the end.

• Locked thread