Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Buy this game if you like star citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

its good especially if you like to jump (which you do)

Mill Village posted:

oh yes the jumping is very good in this game

this is true but i also heard the overall speed has been brought down from blops3?

Mister Macys posted:

Stick with Overwatch, this game is obviously a half-finished rushed copy paste, after Ghosts 2 was cancelled out from underneath IW.
My copy was gifted, and it's the newest CoD, so I'll keep playing, but it has serious issues in need of addressing by the developers.

You PC, or console Overwatch?

yeah this is why i havnt bought it, because i didnt trust IW anyway let alone under the circumstances.

console overwatch although im playing some other stuff right now, but i'll probably start playing it heavily again in a couple weeks

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Stux posted:

this is true but i also heard the overall speed has been brought down from blops3?

yeah this is why i havnt bought it, because i didnt trust IW anyway let alone under the circumstances.

console overwatch although im playing some other stuff right now, but i'll probably start playing it heavily again in a couple weeks

i think the speed is a bit faster. All the fun tricks to move faster in BO3 that got patched out are back in IW.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Stux posted:

just watch a couple minutes of footage from the video Javes linked (watch it on mute) and tell me that things have been slowed down

there are new perks that allow you to sprint faster if you keep moving along with additional wallruns that aren't simply "here's the third lane but we removed the floor." I'd say movement is improved over blops3 but i'm sure someone will quote this and say lol so ymmv

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I'd agree. The actual jumping speed is slower, but ground and wall travel feel similar to BLOPS 3 (better transitioning maybe?), and the recharge rate is faster.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

IW plays faster because of changes in weapon handling and map design. My SPM is probably a solid 75-100 points higher in TDM than it was in BO3. Overall I'm having fun with IW but that's mostly because of playing with goons. On my own, I'd rather play MWR in spite of its problems, or Titanfall 2. If you find IW for half-off, it's fine.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ok cool but heres the most important question: is the brecci in the game?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Stux posted:

no, shotguns are basically useless (aka dont buy this)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Hey Javes, you missed out on Fallhour. Zakk and I both pulled Fallouts from a package... and I got a Butcher in mine as well :haw:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Stux posted:

No but the Reaver fires ridiculously fast if you mash the trigger.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hard Drive status: Upgraded and restored. Took an additional 2 hours because I hosed up formatting the old hard drive (wrong format) so I had to transfer the backup data like 2 times more than I needed.

I'll be around tonight to play.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sba posted:

no, shotguns are basically useless (aka dont buy this)

alright see you guys next year then i guess rip

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Stux posted:

alright see you guys next year then i guess rip

There is one called the s-ravage. It's a cool name.

Don't worry about killing or poo poo, look at that dope name. (Stands for poo poo ravage.)

The best shotgun is the reaver machete because you explode people with melee and it helped me max out my Wraith mission team thing early on. I don't think I ever fired it though...

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Puckish Rogue posted:

There is one called the s-ravage. It's a cool name.

Don't worry about killing or poo poo, look at that dope name. (Stands for poo poo ravage.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htJYfcTnlMg

So the S-ravage doesn't live up to it's name? Figures.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wazzit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htJYfcTnlMg

So the S-ravage doesn't live up to it's name? Figures.

God loving drat I can't wait for MW2:R

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

God loving drat I can't wait for MW2:R

seriously

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stux posted:

seriously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqMaRqm-A4

I miss this game

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Ive found the shotguns to be pretty great in this game. The two high speed ones are great for sweeping up nerds and the slower ones are reliable one shot kills to the chest.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

this isnt someone running commando or spas-12 why would u show me this

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stux posted:

this isnt someone running commando or spas-12 why would u show me this

RPD is life

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCTlsOem2WU

I would probably pay full price for a MW2 remastered.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I forgot how disgusting the AC-130 was. And how amazing Highrise was.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

There's a free TF2 trial this weekend. I guess I'll try it out on Xbox One.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Mill Village posted:

There's a free TF2 trial this weekend. I guess I'll try it out on Xbox One.

:getin: fuckin do it, we have a full ground war group going every night.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Wazzit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCTlsOem2WU

I would probably pay full price for a MW2 remastered.

Gladly. And as much as I like the MW remaster I think they should actually fix the few issues it has and in turn fix the many MW2 has.

VVVVVV For sure! VVVVVV

kenny powerzzz fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 29, 2016

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

MW2 needs a OMA tweak and a danger close perk nerf.

That said, a MW2 remastered needs a PRENERF PRE GLITCH FIX Playlist that has OG Akimbo 1887s, carepackage glitches, javelin glitches, knife runners with carepackage grenades, etc.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Wazzit posted:

:getin: fuckin do it, we have a full ground war group going every night.

drat, I'm lucky if there's a party of 6 on Infinity Warfare.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mill Village posted:

drat, I'm lucky if there's a party of 6 on Infinity Warfare.

Yeah last weekend IW was a ghost town on PS4.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Javes plays every night, in an exclusive, private crew. :ssh:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Macys posted:

Javes plays every night, in an exclusive, private crew. :ssh:

Yo this is poo poo if I'm not part of this

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Ended up spotting someone who was level 81 in zombies. :stare:

Naturally it was someone who'd just tied rubber bands to their sticks. :sigh:

They need to even out the key drops so going AFK in zombies wasn't so lucrative, but they'll probably just nerf zombies into the ground instead of buffing regular MP key drops. :negative:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Has anyone confirmed if key drops are based on time played, games played, or game mode selected?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

kenny powerzzz posted:

and in turn fix the many MW2 has.

this is something they should absolutely not do at all unless they want to ruin it

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

In fact, they should roll back the Javelin, and infinite care package glitch patches too.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Loss stat prevention is not working in this game. I joined a losing game with a win streak and my streak went back to 0 after the game ended. :iw:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mister Macys posted:

In fact, they should roll back the Javelin, and infinite care package glitch patches too.

it should be literally launch mw2 and not get any fixes and i am not making a joke here

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Anyone playing tonight? I'm waiting for stupid YT to finish uploading a video but then I wanna play videogames.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

if yall ever play blops3 again send me an invite i miss the good times

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Stux posted:

this is something they should absolutely not do at all unless they want to ruin it

I mean I'd still play it, but lobbies destroyed with mountains of emergency air drops, trying to cap B during the javelin glitch or care package knifers skipping around not to mention the infinite tubes really only made the game fun when you're the one doing all the fuckery, and we've already done that. I'd really like to see MW2 with all the exploits and glitches removed. And no infinate tubes. I don't even care about the extreme knifing range of commando or stuff like the range on the 1887's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

limited posted:

Ended up spotting someone who was level 81 in zombies. :stare:

Naturally it was someone who'd just tied rubber bands to their sticks. :sigh:

Just as an aside, for some reason I really like to play infected when I'm running solo and I see rubber banders constantly. I just wonder how they spawn in too, since you have to press a button to do that.

Makes for a boring game when the first infected is a rubber bander

• Locked thread