Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Aron Wrecked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

abraham linksys posted:

i... i think that was meant as a more literal tweet than y'all are taking it as

https://twitter.com/AronsThoughts/status/802388963575021568

:alexa::aronrex:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If Sandow starts owning you dummies like Ryback used to with misleadingly suggestive tweets it will be good.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Thick McRunfast.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Aron Rex

Baron Dax

Mandrews

Crazzy Steve

DJ Zema Ion

are these men characters in a Jet Set Radio sequel or wrestlers

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

aRIP Rex

SevenStringGuru
Jun 6, 2003

Bob Loblaw Law covers all injuries, including those sustained while trying to 4x4 a segway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAqEsDdjqO4 Niagra worked for me

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/802996249351757824

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It was Thanksgiving, but TNA pulled 165K viewers last Thursday, which I'm pretty sure is their lowest-rated episode ever.

Remember in the Spike days when TNA was pretty much immune to holiday viewership drops? Didn't they famously get over a million viewers on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day once?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

It was Thanksgiving, but TNA pulled 165K viewers last Thursday, which I'm pretty sure is their lowest-rated episode ever.

Remember in the Spike days when TNA was pretty much immune to holiday viewership drops? Didn't they famously get over a million viewers on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day once?

It was like SpikeTV ran on exactly 1 million televisions that never turned off. Never more or less. it was surreal.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Yeah but what were the dvr numbers?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DJExile posted:

It was like SpikeTV ran on exactly 1 million televisions that never turned off. Never more or less. it was surreal.

Then they finally managed to run the die hards off.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/803653919465349121

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao i can't believe that's still up.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's my favourite part of the TNA website now that the roster page that still had King Mo on it, years after he left the company, was finally taken down.

Yes, Drew. Yes.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's my favourite part of the TNA website now that the roster page that still had King Mo on it, years after he left the company, was finally taken down.

Yes, Drew. Yes.

Actually the funny part was that the roster page was updated on a regular basis for injuries/suspensions etc. but it still took forever for wrestlers who'd left the company to be taken off.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

grack posted:

Actually the funny part was that the roster page was updated on a regular basis for injuries/suspensions etc. but it still took forever for wrestlers who'd left the company to be taken off.

at one point I could swear over half the people they had listed on their active roster had left. SOmeone has a picture of it with red Xs over all the people, please post it ITT

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Aron Rex is proof that sometimes WWE does know what it's doing with guys. Comedy jobber is exactly where he belongs on the card.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Mr. Rex really, really, desperately needs to re-grow that beard, if only to hide that second chin.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

how did he get so out of shape so loving fast it's amazing

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

TNA catering is just several bags of off-brand Funyons dumped on the floor.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

flashy_mcflash posted:

TNA catering is just several bags of off-brand Funyons dumped on the floor.

They had these left over actually

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

hahahahah oh man I forgot about those. Was the Pope the only one they cross-branded with?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

They had these left over actually

Thick and Bold: the Aron Rex story

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

hahahahah oh man I forgot about those. Was the Pope the only one they cross-branded with?

They had AJ Styles and Kennedy ones too if memory serves.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

"Win a TNA wrestling contract for a day" is a hell of a prize

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

At least the value of the prize is exactly the same as not "winning"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

He was never in great shape in WWE, but WWE has a way, way better make-up crew plus he had a giant beard.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rare Magic card l00k posted:

He was never in great shape in WWE, but WWE has a way, way better make-up crew plus he had a giant beard.

He got bloated. His schedule in WWE involved him traveling for up to forty hours a week and wrestling itself, as physically active as it is, is counter intuitive to staying in shape. After he left that, he got bloated.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

oatgan posted:

"Win a TNA wrestling contract for a day" is a hell of a prize

Bram bought a shitload of those.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

RacistGuidingLight posted:

He got bloated. His schedule in WWE involved him traveling for up to forty hours a week and wrestling itself, as physically active as it is, is counter intuitive to staying in shape. After he left that, he got bloated.

Well I mean he's in worse shape now but it's not like he was remotely chiseled before leaving WWE. I'd say most of him looking completely terrible vs. when he was in WWE is in his face. Losing the beard/worse make-up has made him look more like a guy losing everything he loved vs. just being in worse shape.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
also when you do something strenuous regularly you start to eat a lot more, and getting out of it -- even if you try to stay in training -- it's easy to just keep up the same eating habits you had before. you have to either keep up the crazy schedule on your own time, which is tough, or cut back and eat healthier, which isn't as hard but you have to actually do it and many don't

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Well I mean he's in worse shape now but it's not like he was remotely chiseled before leaving WWE. I'd say most of him looking completely terrible vs. when he was in WWE is in his face. Losing the beard/worse make-up has made him look more like a guy losing everything he loved vs. just being in worse shape.

He showed up on the indies fatter than he is now, and getting in even a little worse shape after leaving the WWE is cause for concern.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

corn in the bible posted:

also when you do something strenuous regularly you start to eat a lot more, and getting out of it -- even if you try to stay in training -- it's easy to just keep up the same eating habits you had before. you have to either keep up the crazy schedule on your own time, which is tough, or cut back and eat healthier, which isn't as hard but you have to actually do it and many don't

A good point.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/prowrestlingnet/status/804022196628815878

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Aron

Rex

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Ding di di ding ding ding
A
RON
REX
Ding di di ding ding ding
THE WHOLE
F'N
PALM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Billy droppin bombs on Dixie in this interview so far.

@billy posted:

TNA was a toy for Dixie...she split during the hurricane and left all the talent and crew, this person is not fit to lead"

• Locked thread