Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I Prestiged and carried over the Nano Shot. It lets me run around like an idiot with a shotgun and get away with some ridiculous kills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Now if only picking up secondaries was part of Scavenger, instead of being restricted to a single rig.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

kenny powerzzz posted:

I mean I'd still play it, but lobbies destroyed with mountains of emergency air drops, trying to cap B during the javelin glitch or care package knifers skipping around not to mention the infinite tubes really only made the game fun when you're the one doing all the fuckery, and we've already done that. I'd really like to see MW2 with all the exploits and glitches removed. And no infinate tubes. I don't even care about the extreme knifing range of commando or stuff like the range on the 1887's.

actually it was perfect

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

kenny powerzzz posted:

I don't even care about the extreme knifing range of commando

what other forms of war criminal behaviour do you support :argh:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mister Macys posted:

voting for hillary clinton

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lol

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I have this and barely played it

Should I bother at this point

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

fit em all up in there posted:

Maybe. Like, play it until you realize that MP is by and large the weakest its ever been in a loving CoD game.

Unrelated, but I'mma just hop on Zombos because I like that mode. If for some reason other people want to shoot Zombos, play Killing Floor 2 instead lol find WidespreadFrick on the ol' networks.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I'm developing a serious appreciation for Cryo Mines. They have a wide trigger radius, a wide blast radius, stop jetpacks, and can guard almost any lane approach, which changes a lot of places from 'shot in the rear end constantly' to 'pretty easily defensible'.

Doesn't hurt that using Resupply means you can run Combat Focus for more Thor/RC8/Apex hunting fun.

fe: Ace did some testing on the health regen on the FHR Windfall epic, it's better than I thought it was. If you're low health (<45 or so), it only heals a small amount per kill, maybe 10-15. But if you're above that mid level health mark, a single kill fully heals you.

Basically if you only get hit by one or two bullets, you'll heal to full with the kill. Likewise, if you get dropped just under the mid health mark but then go on a spree and kill 2-3 dudes, you'll bounce above the half health mark from one of the kills then heal to full instantly on the next kill.

victrix fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Nov 30, 2016

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

fit em all up in there posted:

I'm enjoying the campaign, at least.

Titanfall 2 has kinda ruined IW for me. The lag is garbage, and the gameplay just feels so heavy by comparison. And before I played either I was so done with jetpacking around levels and running on walls, but Titanfall 2 is just that good.

Shame EA put it out to die in the middle of shooter season.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

There's a RAW and an NV4 nerf coming. :negative:

I think the weapon balance is pretty good overall, so I'm not thrilled about these changes. The Volk is useless now.

I was hoping IW wouldn't do the weapon tweaking like Treyarch did in BO3.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mill Village posted:

they shouldve just buffed smackdown instead imo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They should be buffing the R3K and (i hate saying this) shotguns before nerfing anything.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

They have to, Activision owns MLG now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hot take: maybe balance MLG by itself

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Mister Macys posted:

I'm just saying I'll take what I can get.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Mill Village posted:

I think the weapon balance is pretty good overall, so I'm not thrilled about these changes. The Volk is useless now.

This is surprising because the ESPORTS community doesn't know about the RAW because they don't use LMGs, and the KBAR outclasses the NV4 in short range. I'd rather IW buff other weapons because there are a lot of weapons that have no reason to be used (no unique fun factor, duplicate roles.)

I will also second Titanfall 2 and I hope the rest of you will join me this weekend during the free weekend.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Even hotter take: stop sperging about MLG

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

And drive away the free advertising provided by twitch and YouTube Influencers™?

I think not. :smug:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mill Village posted:

RAW is a 3 shot at absurd ranges.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Alteisen posted:

RAW is a 3 shot at absurd ranges.

But its pretty slow so it can lose against faster weapons at closer ranges.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Puckish Rogue posted:

There is one called the s-ravage. It's a cool name.

Don't worry about killing or poo poo, look at that dope name. (Stands for poo poo ravage.)

The best shotgun is the reaver machete because you explode people with melee and it helped me max out my Wraith mission team thing early on. I don't think I ever fired it though...

I like the SPAS (or the S-Ravage if you would prefer that) simply for style points. That's why I always ran around like an idiot with the Model 1887 in MW3.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Mill Village posted:

loving good

Silenced NV4 and RAW's are all well and good when I'm playing a 5 perk pick-up class but man there's really no need to use anything else unless your mission team demands you akimbo some pistols like a goddamed man.

A few long shot/point blank combo medals and 3 more quad feeds and I have the killer calling card, earning me the respect of the few children on IW that have found how to view the calling cards they don't have. Sorry dragon card, but gently caress your ground scorestreaks killed by aerial scorestreaks challenge.

After that I'll probably just run around with the Ripper or akimbo auto epic Kendell pistols until I reach nirvana.

Gordon Shumway posted:

I like the SPAS (or the S-Ravage if you would prefer that) simply for style points. That's why I always ran around like an idiot with the Model 1887 in MW3.

Oh, sure if you're going by "wanting to look baller as gently caress and annoy people when you land that kill" then the Savage Ravage is the way forward. It's the only shotgun I use when mission teams ask for shotty kills but man it can be infuriating.

I got the other epic Reaver in a crate last night but can't remember what it does and I will never use it.

Mill Village posted:

But its pretty slow so it can lose against faster weapons at closer ranges.

I have more point blank kills off the RAW then I do off any SMG or akimbo pistols. It really does not like missing.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It turns out if you max out all mission teams you stop earning keys.

We can still get mileage out of this smiley after all these years! :iw:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Carecat posted:

Guess I'll be good then because gently caress getting sniper kills on these tiny maps Wraith!

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Guess I'll be good then because gently caress getting sniper kills on these tiny maps Wraith!

dmr

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Carecat posted:

Just imagine I reposted that Firefly gif where the dude is speechless again.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

SubponticatePoster posted:

EBR in assault rifle mode.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

New patch just dropped. No leaderboards or map glitch fixes.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Puckish Rogue posted:

Pro tip: almost nobody uses the EBR in assault mode in Gun Game.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Puckish Rogue posted:

Shh, I'm justifying this to myself

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Leveling up in Modern Warfare Remastered seems much slower than I'm used to in a COD game. They're locking some challenges behind level ups which might be an explanation.

And I wonder who thought Shipment was a good idea.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Mister Macys posted:

Pro tip: almost nobody uses the EBR in assault mode in Gun Game.

I'm not the least bit surprised.

I actually used it as my main weapon for a while. the recoil is hilarious but I love it. Quite fun when you don't want your "get energy weapon kills" challenge to be "oh well I have this RAW/erad and a rudimentary understanding of aiming."

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Welp, RIP Macys ever getting dedicated servers.

Cheap bastards, et cetera. Also wonder where all those kids who complain about lag are coming from.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I'm having trouble getting past the 3rd section in zombies in spaceland on PC, please help.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/TheXclusiveAce/status/804441772931678212

And apparently you can't rank up post-patch because XP doesn't count. :iw:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
tbh even with AUAV knocking ghosts it's still prohibitively high to be considered as an actual utility. 150 above a warden and 50 less than a THOR, unless you're a Top Tier Player running those three (or higher) as a chain it's pretty goofy.

doubly so if you're playing with pubbies who don't understand how to utilize an active UAV to ensure kills/caps

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

widespread posted:

Cheap bastards, et cetera. Also wonder where all those kids who complain about lag are coming from.

Dedicated servers are meaningless with the laughable netcode COD has now.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mill Village posted:

New patch just dropped. No leaderboards or map glitch fixes.

I bet the market is working great though. Priorities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

widespread posted:

At work, but I'll assume you mean Canada in general.
I'm used to that though. Me and the QC tagged psn/xbl gamertags have always been lumped in with the Northeast anyway.

• Locked thread