Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Strange that no one has posted the patch notes, or there has been much chatter about the FPS stuff (or really any other part of the patch). Citizens love to feel like insiders, and having special access to stuff (even MOMA does it). So you'd think one of them would be only too happy to let us know how much fun they are having and what we are missing out on. Even if it's only to gloat over the Derek and the doubters. I guess we will see in two weeks, if we are any closer to release. It will be quite a test of faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Yeah, only D1E gives a gently caress about LoD at this point.

LOL.

I don't give a gently caress about LoD.

I just think someone has to call out Derek on his endless bullshit. I honestly thought he was growing as a person, until his little bitch fight with FAU caused me to reevaluate. He's the exact same rear end in a top hat he was 15 years ago, telling his customers they're too stupid to play his games and blaming German-language video drivers on bugs he can't fix. It's rich of him to call out SC for being a piece of poo poo - he would definitely know poo poo space video games.

He'll also go to any length to make himself look like the best source of SC news, when his blogs are largely just recycled from other user's posts from this thread. I trust TheAgent a million times more than Derek.

He will also never admit to a single mistake. Doxxing or not, posting personal information about a forum user (ANY user) as a MODERATOR was definitely a no-no. But he's too weak and childish to ever do the mature and responsible thing and just say he screwed up and it won't happen again. Instead it's a giant conspiracy against him by SC backers. He's Saint Derek.

Honestly, I think it's pathetic that he has a fan club of enablers who constantly tell him how great he is and beg him to go Full Warlord on demonstrably mentally ill Shitizens.

In short, gently caress Derek.

And before anyone reports this as off-topic, Derek has chosen to be fully associated with everything Star Citizen. Beyond that, just look at the subforum's name.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I also genuinely don't care and furthermore,

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Never go full /r/DerekSmart poster

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Daztek posted:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Derek sucks, so what?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Derek sucks, so what?

I for one hope he keeps giving blog dates and missing them because that is also hilarious and good for thread entertainment

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Stop doxxing DIE, tia

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Maw posted:

I for one hope he keeps giving blog dates and missing them because that is also hilarious and good for thread entertainment

The problem with Derek Smart and Chris Roberts is I don't know who's supposed to be the other's "Comedic Foil"

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Daztek posted:

Well, since you're one of the prime enablers in the Greenies and administrator of his Smart Community, you certainly would be one of the first to defend him.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Mr Fronts posted:

Stop spreading FUD.

Star Marine is 86 weeks late. Remember: Weeks, not months or years.

That's actually only 0.165 decades which is a number smaller than 1, the smallest number, so it's actually fine

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Imagine living in a world where you had to choose between Star Citizen or Line of Defense as your entertainment options.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Stop doxxing DIE, tia

Death threats are still o-k, though

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I'm the one "making fun" of Derek's meltdowns while apparently not realizing how bad I react to literally everything he does or doesn't do

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Decrepus posted:

Imagine living in a world where you had to choose between Star Citizen or Line of Defense as your entertainment options.

Can't. Having too much fun playing actually fun games

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D1E posted:

Well, since you're one of the prime enablers in the Greenies and administrator of his Smart Community, you certainly would be one of the first to defend him.

I believe the correct term is instigator, yrwelcum

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Decrepus posted:

Lemme guess you never read the stimpire all the way through

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The problem with Derek Smart and Chris Roberts is I don't know who's supposed to be the other's "Comedic Foil"

It's goons

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Decrepus posted:

That's nightmare fuel right there.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Maw posted:

It's goons

We're not funny, though :confused:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Reputation management shill performing damage control - or - broke-brained super fan excited about a loving web based community tool in what's supposed to be a major point release of a videogame.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

alphabettitouretti posted:

Reputation management shill performing damage control - or - broke-brained super fan excited about a loving web based community tool in what's supposed to be a major point release of a videogame.

To be fair I can't really decide which one I'm more excited about :allears:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

We're not funny, though :confused:

I knew something wasn't quite right :negative:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Maw posted:

That's actually only 0.165 decades which is a number smaller than 1, the smallest number, so it's actually fine

That statement wouldn't make sense even if you used 8-bit floats

E: actually it would

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Nov 30, 2016

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

D1E posted:

Look man, I've been here when the original rants against him happened in this thread's predecessors well over a year ago. It's a dead horse that's been beat into meat jelly by now. Derek is a complete and total clown and if anyone unironically uses his 'Internet Warlord' title as denoting that he's any kind of 'badass,' I am the first to laugh my rear end off at that as hard as at any SC thing that happens.

But here's the clincher - his gimmick is actually entertaining! poo poo, doxxing or not, his constant blueballing or not, the guy commits to this shtick and hilarity follows him wherever he goes. Now, you're certainly free to go 'Imma callin' you out!' right along the circus troupe, but the fact remains that unless you go completely insane yourself, you'll never upstage the main attraction that is the Internet Warlord Derek Smart (esquire).

Please keep this in mind as you continue to carepost about him while shouting "I don't even CARE if I care!"

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I've read, or at least skimmed, most of this thread, probably about 80% of it. But I realized that I never read any of the screenshots of Reddit that people post. Never have, never will.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine the fuss if in an update to Battlefield 1 which they hyped as having loads of bug fixes and new features, EA instead released an upgrade to Origin and tried to pass it off as a big deal.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Prime enablers of what lol

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Calling Derek an Internet Warlord as satire just normalizes real warlords and is contributing to many of the problems we face today.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

D1E posted:

You are a eunuch.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

hakimashou posted:

I've read, or at least skimmed, most of this thread, probably about 80% of it. But I realized that I never read any of the screenshots of Reddit that people post. Never have, never will.

To be honest - and I'm sorry about this Mirificus - I can just barely skim through the reddit poo poo, even the crap I post here myself. It's just so very painful

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I'm part of an exclusive internet cabal that's totally devoted to shitposting.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Daztek posted:

Prime enablers of what lol

Probably an Amazon thing I dunno

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Probably an Amazon thing I dunno

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

TheAgent posted:

lol at this whole fuckin project

Nice meltdown

Moma broke you

Chris releases 2.6

Thread cant stabilize
Cgi embarrassing goons

Wouldnt be surprised if yall bought back in

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I am also mad about internet warlord

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Kakarot posted:

:glomp:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Star Marine gameplay, spoiler warning.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

"Give the gift of prime" :yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Kakarot posted:

I think the title of internet warlord loses a bit of the golden shine when you have to self declare it instead of being awarded it by common consensus.

• Locked thread