Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

WampaLord posted:

Sure, but food isn't one of them. We make enough food to feed the entire world, the problem is logistics/capitalism.

Yeah but every stupid white man putting pineapple on pizza is removing one unit of food fit for human consumption from the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The anime Cowboy Bebop employs a cool soundtrack to distract you from the mediocrity of the anime itself. However, the title track is one of the greatest deterrents against new viewers.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Of the two obviously cynical cash grab intellectual properties , Cars is the superior series in comparison to Shrek.

The worst Pixar movie is way better than the best Dreamworks.

I'm glad that, at the moment anyway, Mike Myers' career is dead.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

The anime Cowboy Bebop employs a cool soundtrack

true

to distract you from the mediocrity of the anime itself.

this opinion definitely suits this thread

However, the title track is one of the greatest deterrents against new viewers.

I don't think this is true

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The incessant pandering to Chinese sensibilities in the Kung Fu Panda series is the reason why Shrek is the only good original IP in Dreamworks.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Henchman of Santa posted:

PHUO: Voice mail is a cool and good way to convey information. If I leave you one, you should listen to it!

Related: If you phone me and I miss your call, you should leave a message. How hard is it to just say who you are and why you're calling?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Related: If you phone me and I miss your call, you should leave a message. How hard is it to just say who you are and why you're calling?

Ah yes I'll just be leaving 20 "Welp this is Jerry Cotton from rear end Fart Inc. calling about [x] but since you're not answering I'll just call one of your competitors I'm sure you'll appreciate knowing that and also listening to this dumb-rear end message. I mean if I wasn't in a god drat hurry I'd just have sent e-mail instead of calling since it's loving 2016 you know. Thank you, god bless you, and god bless the United States of America" messages every day.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I never listen to my messages I don't even know how :lol:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Voicemails can be helpful if you know I want to talk to you but are calling from a weird number, but probably 99%+ of the voicemails I actually get are either 30 seconds of rustling around because they didn't push the hang up button, a pre-recorded thing, or some rear end in a top hat from the alumni association I don't want to talk to. I can't remember the last time I actually called someone who left a voicemail back. If someone misses a call from me I'll either just send a followup text saying to call me when they get a chance, or try again later.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

this is Jerry Cotton from rear end Fart Inc.

can you ask someone in HR if they got my resume

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

Here's my unpopular opinion: please stop using autism as an insult.

Oh wait, that's not an opinion.

I was being literal, I see it as propaganda for the unacceptable behavioral tendencies of people with autism spectrum disorder.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

A certain level of autism is required to enjoy more than 10 minutes playing the Dark souls series. The only highlight in the first game is Blight Town.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

A certain level of autism is required to enjoy more than 10 minutes playing the Dark souls series. The only highlight in the first game is Blight Town.
I unironically agree that Blighttown is a great level

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

All this thread does is normalize unpopular opinions and get other people to agree with them.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Imperator Furiosa is the reason Mad Max: Fury Road is garbage.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pick posted:

I was being literal, I see it as propaganda for the unacceptable behavioral tendencies of people with autism spectrum disorder.

I still don't understand what you mean. Maybe you could provide an example?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Wishing for world peace is goddamn stupid unless a single totalitarian dictatorship is your cup of utopia.

Oh, if everybody thought just like me,
Think of how happy the world would be!

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
Single totalitarian dictatorships are a good idea.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

-Grown men who take every opportunity to bitch about Justin Bieber are entitled crybabies. He's not making music for you. Not everything has to appeal to your taste.

-4k/Ultra HD is a scam. The HD TVs we've had for the last 10 years pretty much hit the limit on what the human eye is capable of perceiving.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Avatar has more cultural significance than Titanic.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

can you ask someone in HR if they got my resume

Oh yeah they said (and I quote): "The applicant was dangerously overqualified for any position in the rear end fart industry."

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

grittyreboot posted:

-Grown men who take every opportunity to bitch about Justin Bieber are entitled crybabies. He's not making music for you. Not everything has to appeal to your taste.

"I'M ONLY 13 AND I KNOW WE NEED REAL ROCK STARS LIKE PAPA ROACH, NOT THE lovely (C)RAP MUSIC OF 2DAY!"

(It was actually this rubbish rather than politics stuff that first inspired me to start blocking comments on YouTube.)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Decrepus posted:

All this thread does is normalize unpopular opinions and get other people to agree with them.

It's good for people to challenge the existing discursive universe, im a huge prick.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
My penis is plenty big enough.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

grittyreboot posted:

-4k/Ultra HD is a scam. The HD TVs we've had for the last 10 years pretty much hit the limit on what the human eye is capable of perceiving.

sorry about your bad eyes

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

grittyreboot posted:

This isn't an opinion, it's just being wrong.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

4k sports looks amazing when I see it at the store but I don't watch sports. And 4k content is lacking and takes too much bandwidth to stream. It's going to be a while before it becomes more mainstream. Much better than the 3D poo poo they tried to force down our throats though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

4k sports looks amazing when I see it at the store but I don't watch sports. And 4k content is lacking and takes too much bandwidth to stream. It's going to be a while before it becomes more mainstream. Much better than the 3D poo poo they tried to force down our throats though.

I just got a 4k tv yesterday and Breaking Bad on youtube may be the prettiest thing I've ever seen.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I think most people with those opinions just aren't watching things filmed in those resolutions. Like for a while with HD, pretty much everything besides sports was non-HD and looked not so great, but when you watch things designed to take advantage of your TV's capabilities it looked great. I definitely saw a trend where people bought the 1080p giant flatscreens for thousands of dollars the year they were coming out and were very disappointed, whereas people who waited a few years for things to catch up with the technology thought it was great. I assume the same thing is happening with early purchasers of 4k stuff.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I think most people with those opinions just aren't watching things filmed in those resolutions. Like for a while with HD, pretty much everything besides sports was non-HD and looked not so great, but when you watch things designed to take advantage of your TV's capabilities it looked great. I definitely saw a trend where people bought the 1080p giant flatscreens for thousands of dollars the year they were coming out and were very disappointed, whereas people who waited a few years for things to catch up with the technology thought it was great. I assume the same thing is happening with early purchasers of 4k stuff.

On the other hand, I saw some TVs in a shop recently playing a normal DVD and it looked absolutely awful because the picture was too low-res for the TV. Maybe there was some option they had set wrong, but it was definitely not a good ad for new TVs.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tiggum posted:

On the other hand, I saw some TVs in a shop recently playing a normal DVD and it looked absolutely awful because the picture was too low-res for the TV. Maybe there was some option they had set wrong, but it was definitely not a good ad for new TVs.

They were probably using the "upsampling" feature that most new bluray players have for older movies. Sometimes it looks ok, more often in my experience it looks really, really bad. It should really be left off by default and let people who want it turn it on, because most people my parents' ages don't even realize it's a feature you can turn off and just deal with it and complain that kids these days are even ruining their old movies.

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
Old people are no more entitled to respect than any other age group.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
men and women can be friends

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Grandmother of Five posted:

men and women can be friends

I can't imagine what sort of life would lead someone to disagree with this.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

One where there are men and women

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tiggum posted:

I can't imagine what sort of life would lead someone to disagree with this.

How have you never come across "PUA"/MRA culture? They had a crush in highschool and tried to backdoor their way in by being friends first, it didn't work out, they turned into bitter husks the rest of their life who think all women are leading them on.

In their case, yes it is impossible for them to be friends with women because they'll always sabotage it by hiding their "I want to date you" feelings until a few years down the road and spring it on them and hope they are stunned into saying yes instead of being up front from the beginning.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Television is stupid and bad.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Television is stupid and bad.

Marquee Moon is loving incredible

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

The comic book format could've been a wonderfully unique form of expression like the other artistic mediums but legislators decided it was for children and created legislation to pretty much enforce that reality. At least for a long time. It's a real shame that happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Mario Bros./Super Mario Bros. are really boring games.