Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I started Blame it on Outer Space pretty recently. I really enjoyed the Bohemian Grove episode with the Phantom Patriot. Jupin being stoned off his ads and not doing his broadcast voice is always funny to me.

DangerDummy! fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Nov 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The episode with "Jesse Ventura" is still one of my all time faves I replay from time to time

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Tempted to call in Warlock: The Armageddon even though all I remember about it is a woman giving birth to a full-grown Julian Sands, who she then locks out of the bathroom.

That idiotic "YAH-HOOOOO" in Deep Blue Sea gets me like that.

EDIT: It's no Jay and Silent Bob/Princess Diaries mixup, but while watching the re-release of The Exorcist back in 2000, a gentleman a couple of rows behind us shouts "MAN, THIS AIN'T GHOST SHIP" and leaves.

My dad and I went to see Starship Troopers and were running late. We sat down and the movie had already started. It was right in the thick as a big action scene started, and it really felt like "wow, these characters all know each other really well...". 15 minutes later the movie was over. The usher sent us to the wrong screening. We saw the end of Starship Troopers before we saw the first 4/5ths of it. Certainly an odd way to experience a movie for the first time.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Sef! posted:

There's a mailbag moment that pops in my head every now and then, and never fails to make me laugh. I don't remember which episode it is, but Jupin tells a story about seeing "Wild" starring Reese Witherspoon in a packed theater, and in the opening scene she takes her sock off or something, and her toenail comes with it. He makes this loud, startled scream in horror that isn't given justice in text.

That's in Double Dragon, I know because that noise has become the go-to sign of disgust for my sister and I.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Baka-nin posted:

Funny I had a similar urge to get up and shout when I saw Ghost Ship.

Another movie where I can remember only one scene. You know which one.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I'm already sick of Trump impressions and the dude hasn't even been inaugurated yet, the people who said that his presidency would be good for comedy were so, so wrong.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Guy Mann posted:

I'm already sick of Trump impressions and the dude hasn't even been inaugurated yet, the people who said that his presidency would be good for comedy were so, so wrong.

Looks like you have an appropriate av/post combo

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The image of Steve opening his mouth to speak and burping and then awkwardly running into an elevator made me laugh harder than anything in a while.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Another movie where I can remember only one scene. You know which one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hXUuKowywA

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I don't know about anyone else, but I, for one, enjoyed the brief return of Trickster and Jeremy in this week's episode.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Baby, it's the human veal!

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

I went back and listened to the Highlander II episode on a whim, and there are a TON of jokes about the possibility of Donald Trump ever being President... Yeah.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
How are Trump impressions any worse than the multitude of bad impressions they've been running into the ground for years?

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The episode with "Jesse Ventura" is still one of my all time faves I replay from time to time

"I've seen the documents"

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

JT Smiley posted:

How are Trump impressions any worse than the multitude of bad impressions they've been running into the ground for years?

Still love Giamatti.

So, I was smoking a J with Tarantino.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

bobservo posted:

I went back and listened to the Highlander II episode on a whim, and there are a TON of jokes about the possibility of Donald Trump ever being President... Yeah.

I guess that means the Christopher Lambert fanclub is also real. Heh heh heh heh heh heh.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Still love Giamatti.

So, I was smoking a J with Tarantino.

Stan Lee is steeling Giamatti's place now?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Rule of thumb is, if the character is talking to himself, it's Giamatti. If he disparages Jack Kirby, it's Stan Lee. If he uses the term "schmuckin' a J," it's Bruce Dern.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Liberal Idiot posted:

Rule of thumb is, if the character is talking to himself, it's Giamatti. If he disparages Jack Kirby, it's Stan Lee. If he uses the term "schmuckin' a J," it's Bruce Dern.

But lately its been Stan Lee schmuckin' a J and getting/stealing ideas

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

bobkatt013 posted:

But lately its been Stan Lee schmuckin' a J and getting/stealing ideas

Bruce Dern shmucks weed and Stan Lee schmokes Js.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dmitri-9 posted:

Bruce Dern shmucks weed and Stan Lee schmokes Js.

and Bruce Glover smokes meth in the dad room

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

weekly font posted:

The image of Steve opening his mouth to speak and burping and then awkwardly running into an elevator made me laugh harder than anything in a while.

Me too. Even thinking about it now has me in hysterics.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Why didn't they tell the story about how Steve opened a blockbuster account under Andrew's dad's name and tanked his credit? That story sounds amazing and surely there's more to it than just Steve opens a blockbuster account under Andrew's dad's name and tanks his credit

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

New Big Daddy Dispatch is here!

It seems like they'll be doing a live show in Brooklyn this March so I guess brace yourselves

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Do you get the newsletters emailed to you? I've never gotten one but I have access to the exclusive episodes.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Yeah, they're email only.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Weird. I guess I have to shoot Patreon an email.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

weekly font posted:

Which episode?

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Last 15 minutes of today's episode is insanity. I'm not sure watching Kolchak will ever be the same again.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

ravenkult posted:

Which episode?

Last mailbag.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
"This potato represents Belfast, and this hammer represents the British government, KERSPLAT"

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

We Hate Movies got a nice write up in the AV Club's "Best of 2016": http://www.avclub.com/article/our-favorite-podcasts-2016-246495

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Flython posted:

Last 15 minutes of today's episode is insanity. I'm not sure watching Kolchak will ever be the same again.

I loved Steve's indignant "Oh when I do it, it's terrible?"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

"This potato represents Belfast, and this hammer represents the British government, KERSPLAT"

I could be in Peaky Blinders, MARC

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

A Meat posted:

New Big Daddy Dispatch is here!

It seems like they'll be doing a live show in Brooklyn this March so I guess brace yourselves

I am super excited for this month's animation damnation. Christmas comes to Pacland. Good GOD I've definitely watched that piece of poo poo on at least 3 different Christmases while waiting for relatives to show up. gently caress Cartoon Network for not having better cartoons for their Christmas marathons.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Pops Mgee posted:

gently caress Cartoon Network for not having better cartoons for their Christmas marathons.

I imagine the list of good cartoon Christmas episodes is frighteningly short, even if you include stuff like Charlie Brown Christmas. I can think of Futurama having a good Christmas episode and probably The Simpsons, but neither are Saturday morning fare.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

GrandpaPants posted:

I imagine the list of good cartoon Christmas episodes is frighteningly short, even if you include stuff like Charlie Brown Christmas. I can think of Futurama having a good Christmas episode and probably The Simpsons, but neither are Saturday morning fare.

I remember there were decent cartoons like Johnny Bravo and Dexter's Lab scattered throughout the day with utter crap like that stuck in between them.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I have seen parts of the Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer animated tv movie more than I would care to count.

That'd be worth requesting if not for the fact that it'd be weird to do a Christmas movie in whatever month they're doing Listener Request Month on this year

Violator
May 15, 2003

I think I like the boy's impressions best when they're short and snappy. Last week's Ice T "See ya later Eric!" cracked me up and is one of my favorites. Sometimes they really over do it. Like I had to turn off the Dirty Harry Dead Pool episode because it was just so grating and gave me a headache. The Loose Loomis stuff in the recent Halloween episode came close to overdoing it, too. This End of Days episode was good because it wasn't too much. Usually I love their Gary Busey because it's short and wickedly funny. They're so drat funny they don't need to overdo the impressions.

Kolchak: The Nut Stalker was crazy. :O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I consider it an act of mercy that future generations will never have to spend their winter break wading through an avalanche of lovely Hannah-Barbera holiday specials.

Pops Mgee posted:

I remember there were decent cartoons like Johnny Bravo and Dexter's Lab scattered throughout the day with utter crap like that stuck in between them.

The Christmas episode of Big O was kind of awesome, where the city was being destroyed by long-forgotten Christmas decorations awakening for the holidays and the giant robot squaring off against a massive Christmas tree.