Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Skizzzer posted:

They might've. Wasn't he cleared of charges? He shows up in a scene with Price this season - looks like he's still working.

Holy poo poo. That was a flashback. Like the vast majority of opening scenes this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
The same scene where Price gives Congo away to China? I guess I missed that it was a flashback.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Boywhiz88 posted:

Holy poo poo. That was a flashback. Like the vast majority of opening scenes this season.

Was it really a flashback?

Colby has a book out called "The Last Honest Man" which they laugh at ironically and seems to be a reputation-salvage, he is also working with Washington politicians instead of technology CTO at E-Corp. They also discuss Trump's recent presidential bid which would have taken place at the same time as Season 2 and they are following up on the Congo thing which WhiteRose mentions to Price for the first time in an earlier s2 episode (IIRC). Anyhow its clear in that scene that Colby's still doing poo poo for Price so its entirely possible that he was ordered to take the fall once he was framed by Robot/Tyrell(?) to deflect suspicions away from the real culprits.

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011

Boywhiz88 posted:

Yeah, I'm looking at the scene again - Price gives China Congo in exchange for the financial bailout of E-Corp. Why do you think this is a flashback?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Because someone said that all the pre-title scenes are flashbacks so it must be true...

Edit: wait, was that even a pre-title scene? I don't remember.

When season 3 starts, I hope they use a bunch of clips from the sitcom segment in a "previously on..."

Because that would be amazing.

Snak fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Sep 30, 2016

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
Well it's all filler anyway so we might as well stop talking about it :colbert:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Well, I now know why Romero ended up dead.

He's in Netflix's Luke Cage.

tminz
Jul 1, 2004
Anyone else think the final scene gave legs to the time-travel theory?

Trenton mentions undoing everything and that she misses her family. Even if they had the encryption key and they restored E-corp files she wouldn't be off scott-free in sure the FBI would still investigate.

And then Leon showing up and asking 'do you have the time?' Seems so....significant.

Mix that with some of the references from Dark Army/BD Wong and I think it's plausible at this point

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Samizdata posted:

Well, I now know why Romero ended up dead.

He's in Netflix's Luke Cage.

He's also in The Get Down as the coolest dad.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

tminz posted:

Anyone else think the final scene gave legs to the time-travel theory?

Trenton mentions undoing everything and that she misses her family. Even if they had the encryption key and they restored E-corp files she wouldn't be off scott-free in sure the FBI would still investigate.

And then Leon showing up and asking 'do you have the time?' Seems so....significant.

Mix that with some of the references from Dark Army/BD Wong and I think it's plausible at this point

I'm torn between thinking it actually has legs and Sam Esmail knowing we'll read into it like that and actively trolling us. That conversation between NotWhiterose and Dom in China also lends credence to this with the mystery surrounding the Washington Township plant. Having to wait until next summer to continue this plot is going to drive me crazy. I almost wish I hadn't gotten into this series so I could catch it after it finishes and watch it at once.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Boywhiz88 posted:

Definitely was not a flashback. He even presented Price a signed book that he had written after being fired from E Corp.

The first 4 or 5 episodes started with flashbacks, but the latter half of the season didn't follow the earlier trend.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Given how explicit the show has been with confirming and denying crazy theories, I am very confident he's trolling.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
We are definitely being led to believe that there is going to be some kind of time fuckery. Whether it actually happens or not is another kettle of oysters.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

empty baggie posted:

Definitely was not a flashback. He even presented Price a signed book that he had written after being fired from E Corp.

The first 4 or 5 episodes started with flashbacks, but the latter half of the season didn't follow the earlier trend.

I think he even asked about Angela.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Shoren posted:

I'm torn between thinking it actually has legs and Sam Esmail knowing we'll read into it like that and actively trolling us. That conversation between NotWhiterose and Dom in China also lends credence to this with the mystery surrounding the Washington Township plant. Having to wait until next summer to continue this plot is going to drive me crazy. I almost wish I hadn't gotten into this series so I could catch it after it finishes and watch it at once.

I find that I enjoy episodes spread apart more than I enjoy binge-watching because it facilitates discussion and ideas, but I do wish there was less time between the seasons themselves. I'd gladly be on board for a 5 season show that ends in 2 or 2.5 years.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My television backlog is so huge since I rarely have more than an hour or two a day to watch any, I'm usually kind of relieved when a season of something ends because it means I can "finally get around to watching [x]"

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

sticklefifer posted:

I find that I enjoy episodes spread apart more than I enjoy binge-watching because it facilitates discussion and ideas, but I do wish there was less time between the seasons themselves. I'd gladly be on board for a 5 season show that ends in 2 or 2.5 years.

I do agree with you that having a week between episodes is good for discussion. I wouldn't have picked up on a lot of different things without the discussions in this thread, so I'm grateful for that because it's made me appreciate this show more. I think that Season 2, namely the "finale," will be easier to stomach when you're not waiting a year to have a hundred questions answered.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49aMGbrzgEw

"Hold on man, this just don't feel balanced" :boom:

(Apologies for the lovely youtube, for some reason it's not on nbc.com/hulu)

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

I just finished the second season. Holy poo poo is this show just all kinds of awesome.

I was wondering about a couple things:

Did we ever find out what the letter Elliot received in prison said?
How did the FBI manage to compile so much detailed information about Fsociety including all the relationships they had with everyone in spite of their efforts to cover their tracks? Up until Dom showed us the diagrams through Darlene it seemed like they were really in the dark about all this.
I don't see this show ending well for anyone. It's likely they know Darlene murdered the lawyer too.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't think they know Darlene killed the lawyer.

I'm not sure anyone has found the lawyer's body.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Snak posted:

I don't think they know Darlene killed the lawyer.

I'm not sure anyone has found the lawyer's body.

My bad on my previous post y'all.

They won't find the body. They cremated it.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

blunt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49aMGbrzgEw

"Hold on man, this just don't feel balanced" :boom:

(Apologies for the lovely youtube, for some reason it's not on nbc.com/hulu)

Whoever that guy was, he did a pretty solid Rami Malek impression.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

precision posted:

We are definitely being led to believe that there is going to be some kind of time fuckery. Whether it actually happens or not is another kettle of oysters.

I think you're leading yourself on like a dude carrying a printer to a chick.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Doctor Butts posted:

I think you're leading yourself on like a dude carrying a printer to a chick.

Yeah, somebody thinking something is going to happen on a TV show is JUST like somebody carrying a printer across town in hopes of getting pity sex from a woman they barely know.

Oh wait, no it isn't, and you're stupid as gently caress.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Vanderdeath posted:

And his Lorne Michaels stock skyrocketed a couple weeks ago.

Still, this was a funny bit and I laughed.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Vanderdeath posted:

Yea he's pretty funny.

His dad died in 9/11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-NQrlexCtw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh_ZeotUp_s

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Boywhiz88 posted:

They won't find the body. They cremated it.

Oh right. I blanked on that. But I still think the FBI doesn't think Darlene killed her, I don't think Dom would be treating her the way she if she thought she were a murderer.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Could someone break down the whole honeypot storyline/timeline for me? Some of the paths on this show are amazing but convoluted AF.

Like for instance, Cisco hacked Ollie to get into Allsafe, but he also made Ollie make Elliot bring the drives to the store so that he could meet Whiterose. Do we know if Mr. Robot is aware of Cisco during season 1? Did Elliott ever even meet Cisco?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

The most unrealistic and confusing part of this show is that bitcoins are being used as a currency.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Snak posted:

Oh right. I blanked on that. But I still think the FBI doesn't think Darlene killed her, I don't think Dom would be treating her the way she if she thought she were a murderer.

The lawyer's picture was not crossed out on the FBI board like the other dead people were.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

kingcom posted:

The most unrealistic and confusing part of this show is that bitcoins are being used as a currency.

I'd love to see Mr. Robot: Euro Edition, where a depressed Afro-Belgian IT worker decides to take action against the idea that the USA can sell the Congo to the Chinese (?!?)

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Just finished season 2. :vince:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is the after credit scene in the last episode up online anywhere? Feed cut out right after someone said excuse me.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is the after credit scene in the last episode up online anywhere? Feed cut out right after someone said excuse me.

e; thumbnail is a spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQUp2trnKGg

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Me and my wife are going as Mr. Robot and Elliot for Halloween and #1 I don't think anyone will get our costume cuz noone watches this show and #2 I cut my hair like Elliot and I feel SO WEIRD AHHHHHHH.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I just received the Red Wheelbarrow composition book. I forgot I preordered it the second I saw the ad early during season two. I hope it has as many secrets as it promises!

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I hope it has as many secrets as it promises!

It's certainly got more sketches of penises than I was expecting

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Bought the book yesterday. All the extra loose stuff is really fun. I feel like it's gonna take a while to read, the writing is pretty small. And I can confirm from just a cursory flick-through that there are indeed sketches of penises.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Got an email from Mr. Robot

Links to this video: https://fieldofvision.org/project-x

CloFan fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."
What's the timeline for the show? Are they going to keep inserting clips of Obama or are they going to switch to Trump?

Maybe Trump tweets?

• Locked thread