Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Semisponge posted:

food puns are the loving wurst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Semisponge posted:

You guys are lucky I'm not a mod cause I would ban yall into the stone age.

food puns are the loving worst
Totally agree. Food puns ARE the wurst!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
What's wrong with food buns

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Semisponge posted:

food puns are the loving worst

Guess you just don't drink heavily enough to appreciate them like the other mod.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Cheese-O-Rama Ramen

1 Tbsp + 1 tsp cheddar cheese powder

4 tsp

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I have made it through many poor parts of my life with the winning combination of Parmesan cheese, elbow macaroni and maggi seasoning. My former roomie used to call them "tan noodles" which is an apt description.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

You can put Parmiggiano Reggiano on anything and it'll taste delicious, though.

Freshly grated, obviously.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Semisponge posted:

food puns are the loving worst wurst.

FTFY.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

so glad i decided to read the thread before making the missed steak of a "wurst" pun.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

EorayMel posted:

Incinerate the flesh bulb to prevent the abomination within from being born into this world :flame:

Flaming Boob with Rope Belt. mixed media, 2016.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

A new Johnny Rockets creation:

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Semisponge posted:

I've seen a Moroccan recipe for sheep's skull that included checking the eye sockets for maggots.

Bugs go for the eyes/softest parts first.

Eyes and cheeks are the best parts though.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Bert Roberge posted:

"Just pile a bunch of poo poo on a plate." TM.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bert Roberge posted:

Would, then sleep for three days.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Found these at Big Lots. Did NOT buy them.

I'm getting blue balls from your post.

Driving to big lots after work.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Bert Roberge posted:

"Street Tots" sounds like a euphemism for homeless children.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Bert Roberge posted:

Looks like a slightly more appetizing form of Hot Dish.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Bert Roberge posted:

I would eat three bites of this with enjoyment, then be up all night with gastric reflux. Tater tots are one of my weaknesses.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Bert Roberge posted:

This is just an inferior poutine. Or possibly a Garbage Plate with too many tots

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

If I even get a whiff of any kind of cooked liver at all, I will instantly dry heave. I attribute this to my parents who forced me to eat it when I was a kid, even after I told them I would hurl, and then they got mad at me when the inevitable happened.

Why do parents do this? I have the same reaction with cole slaw.

I was never a picky eater (I actually liked liver as a kid!), so it wasn't like they were trying to teach me a lesson in eating more than chicken nuggets. Nor were we impoverished and eating nothing but Brussels sprouts (so sorry, bringmyfishback). But occasionally mom would make cole slaw, and I'd have to put a scoop on my plate, and then I'd have to eat it, even though I found the taste and texture repulsive. I couldn't leave the table until I finished it. The gently caress was so important about muthafuckin' coleslaw that I was still sitting at the dining room table crying into a plate of uneaten cabbage in mayo while my sister was watching Knight Rider?

...well, that took a turn for the e/n, sorry

On a lighter note: my husband and I make and sell fruit butter, and we do two regular flavors (apple and pear) and then do a new flavor every month. A Cambodian friend grows her own persimmons and just gave us 5 lbs, so I thought I'd give that a whirl for December's flavor. Turns out persimmon butter is absolutely delicious; I cooked it down in pomegranate-flavored white tea and sugar that's had vanilla beans "steeping" in it. But holy moly is it the ugliest color. It's not quite orange, not quite pink, not quite tan... if you're old like me and remember when Crayola had the crayon called "flesh"? --- that's it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Mmmmmmmmm

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
Ordered the salty pancake cake at a cake/coffee place in one of the malls here in Bulgaria. This is what I got.

It was pretty great tasting though.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Hedenius posted:

Totally agree. Food puns ARE the wurst!

Case in point.

Remember kids, when you make a food pun you're both unfunny AND unoriginal!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Smoke posted:

Ordered the salty pancake cake at a cake/coffee place in one of the malls here in Bulgaria. This is what I got.

So more like "savory crepe cake"? I'd be happy with all but the aspic topping.

I did finally have a bite of koseliena (Lithuanian pickled pigsfeet) after nearly forty years of actively, vocally turning it down. The flavor was fine, but the aspic texture turned me right off. :( Sorry, Mom; I tried.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Semisponge posted:

Case in point.

Remember kids, when you make a derail continue you're both unfunny AND unoriginal!
FTFY

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Found these at Big Lots. Did NOT buy them.

This is the kind of thing I would try once if they came in a small bag, but I'm not buying a 5 gallon drum to eat a couple and then throw the rest out. Unless they've secretly the most delicious thing ever.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

Smoke posted:

That is Too Much Mayonnaise.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Semisponge posted:

Case in point.

Remember kids, when you make a food pun you're both unfunny AND unoriginal!

Yeah, because a thread making fun of bad food is NO place for bad food puns. Sorry.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Smoke posted:

it's so pretty :3:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Dogfish posted:

That is Too Much Mayonnaise.
No such thing in Eastern Europe.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

1. I will keep the sprouts because I actually hate coleslaw more! Ugh, mayonnaise.

2. To answer your question, I think because ONCE IN A BLUE MOON, you tell your kid, "Eat this and you'll eventually like it" (or, more accurately, "eat this, you screaming little poo poo, because I have been doing poo poo for other people since 6 AM and by god YOU WILL EAT THIS THING I COOKED FOR YOU) and it works. My parents were obviously this way, at least when I was younger. They did eventually graduate to "eat three bites before you say you don't like something" when I was ten, which was a vast improvement over "if you don't eat that, you're going to your room for the rest of the night," which was their tactic in between the three-bite rule and the Sproutspocalypse. It's Upstate NY and the snow is over my head and it's been dark since 5, where else was I gonna go? HAHAA suckas!

I see this kind of attitude a lot with my students; they frequently refuse to eat anything they're unfamiliar with. They also skip meals and eat instant ramen because they think they'll lose weight that way. I try to convince them to at least go grab an apple from the cafeteria, but they won't do it. :smith: (To be fair, they eat three meals a day at the most godawful cafeteria imaginable. Like, Tater Tots would be an improvement over the actually ROTTEN food they're frequently served. This school costs roughly $16K US per year, by the way.)

A popular snack food here in Sichuan is a tasty rabbit face!

(note: not my phtoto)

It is considered a snack for girls. :byodame: I don't know why.

It tastes pretty good, but it has a very high ratio of work to meat. I'd rather just go buy a nice chunk of the rest of the rabbit, although I do like the inherent metal-ness of chewing a widdle baby bunny's face off.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I guess it's good intentions but bad results. My parents had the food policy where I had to try anything I was given, but if I didn't like it I didn't have to eat it. This meant I tried most things and discovered most things are good, so it worked. I still will try anything once, except for endangered animals.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

It tastes pretty good, but it has a very high ratio of work to meat.

This is why I don't eat rabbit. It's just too fiddly.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

deadly_pudding posted:

This is just an inferior poutine. Or possibly a Garbage Plate with too many tots

I got a garbage plate once. Nick Tahou's was the saddest restaurant I had ever been in. I pulled into an unlabeled back alley that my GPS led me to. I had to check with a drunk guy smoking by the dumpster if I was in the right place. He ended up being the cook.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Tiggum posted:

This is why I don't eat rabbit. It's just too fiddly.

Rabbit is such a lean meat that you can legit die of malnutrition if you make it too big a slice of your diet.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

deadly_pudding posted:

It's a Philly Cheese Steak, but served on a pile of tatertots instead of as a sandwich. I am all for this thing.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Somfin posted:

Rabbit is such a lean meat that you can legit die of malnutrition if you make it too big a slice of your diet.

Yeah, don't eat rabbit. You'll die! :v:

Why, yes, I learned about eating nothing but rabbits from QI. https://youtu.be/XC2RYiaM6WU (seriously a great clip.)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Bert Roberge posted:

Honestly would, at least if they can get the steak right(it's weird how most places can't seem to get that right)

Also I'll admit that pic of the rabbit heads is making me feel slightly distraught, if mostly because the pet bunnies my Dad has are right in the other room from me(been staying at my Dad's house since Thanksgiving), and they are adorable, cuddly things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

This is ABV, weed that's already been through a vaporizer and has active THC in it, and when you're dankrupt a common trick is to cook with it or make extracts. If your real lazy you can just eat it as is.

It has the texture of crunchy sand, almost always has ash in it and is as dry as the Sahara. It's goddamn horrible.

Still, gets you baked for sure, so YMMV.