Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

i am a power gamer, i live the game life and chug mountain dew and fly in multiple ships, no you can't come in my room GRANDPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Milky Moor posted:

my god regression testing

still laughing over it

"confirmed ships can go backward, that's what you meant, right?"

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Shitizens: "base package won't be fun... but it's not pay to play!"

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
"No star marine in game"

*star marine released*

"Ya but i bet it sucks lol fps engine"

Keep moving those goal posts

Also moma is right to not answer derek. The guy is a retard obsessed with this game. Did he say he has 7 evocati accounts? Lol, theu refund him $250 and he spends $2500

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Madcosby posted:

Also moma is right to not answer derek. The guy is a retard obsessed with this game. Did he say he has 7 evocati accounts? Lol, theu refund him $250 and he spends $2500

Derek Smart is so obsessed with Star Citizen he basically talks to himself about it on his own forums:

To be clear, Star Citizen is poo poo. We all know this. Even MoMA.

But Derek is equally worthy of ridicule as well, and as a self-proclaimed "Internet Warlord" he should be able to handle the criticism.

LOL.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
yeah, derek is pretty funny

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Raskolnikov posted:

sure why not

:five::five::five::five::five:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

D1E posted:

Derek Smart is so obsessed with Star Citizen he basically talks to himself about it on his own forums:

But Derek is equally worthy of ridicule as well, and as a self-proclaimed "Internet Warlord" he should be able to handle the criticism.

LOL.

yes, and you're obsessed with him

you are mentally ill. please step away from the forums

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Milky Moor posted:

yes, and you're obsessed with him

you are mentally ill. please step away from the forums

Nah. I just don't kiss his rear end.

And nope.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
He's only a Supreme Commander on his forums :(

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That person was me! Conveniently enough the transaction was done in the same email chain that brought us all that insight into the Wonderful World of Sandi.

I wasn't gonna dox you, Steve

oh poo poo

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Variable 5 posted:

oh poo poo

How dare you, I hope you die.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

D1E posted:

Nah. I just don't kiss his rear end.

And nope.

you have the most broken brain in a thread filled with broken brains

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How dare you, I hope you die.

Thanks, bro

Coming from you, that means a lot

drluv
Feb 25, 2016

Please do not undercut me in front of the child.

Variable 5 posted:

oh poo poo

Well played, Wilbur.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Variable 5 posted:

Thanks, bro

Coming from you, that means a lot

:discourse:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Madcosby posted:

"No star marine in game"

*star marine released*

This isn't special ed, CIG don't deserve praise just for trying their best.

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes

Madcosby posted:

"No star marine in game"

*star marine released*

Quit spreading thread FUD

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

4v4 FPS Arena should have been part of their proof of concept since it's CryEngine.

As in, this is what we'll have, but in SPACE

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sabreseven posted:

I think Titanic meant:

I hope :ohdear:

Also

Yes. I meant right in the lol. Sorry, my keyboard is very small and sometimes rereading my posts can be blah. I really need a legal department who can review it for me before I hit the button, then I'll probably be safe. I'm sorry! :3:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

tooterfish posted:

This isn't special ed, CIG don't deserve praise just for trying their best.

Recent activity on /r/nomansskythegame would suggest otherwise

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

"It took over 60 years of technology advancement to develop into the modern PC we know today. So really Star Citizen took 60 years to develop, all of humanity's progress leads up to the ability to sit in a chair and pretend to fly spaceships. Checkmate goonie"

lazorexplosion posted:

Here's the thing with Star Marine. Travelling to Kareah to get shot once and then wake up back in the wank pod is already agonizingly tedious, yet the base game is intended to have even harsher penalties for dying and even worse travel times. On some level they know this isn't going to work for most players, but rather than trying to make the actual game fun they went "well okay the base game won't be fun shooty action but for the people who want fun shooting, we'll put a game within the game that is fun shooting" even though that's even more disastrous because not only is the base game not fun, the game within a game is intended to cannibalize players away from the base game even though that's retarded and disastrous.

Like does anyone think there will still be people making the pointless dull repetitive trips Kareah if you can just jump straight to Star Marine to shoot people? Their own design by their own design kills participation in their own world. It's bizarre and stupid.

Yet for some reason when I camp in a corner at shoot anyone who comes by the citizens get really angry and demand I go play some other game. They wanted realism, I would have thought getting killed from an enemy you never see is the epitome of the realistic warfare. :shrug:

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.
I think it would be best for all parties if we mutually parted ways with Derek to allow him to seek other dead comedy forum opportunities.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Variable 5 posted:

oh poo poo

MODS??!!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

It's me. I'm the inside source.

Today, we will continue to harness the ultimate power of CryEngine all day long, making the best drat FPS game since that one Early Access title everybody knows and loves.

Then we will work on some CGI, stealing more from that one British show about cars and what it means to be a human being. We will add in amazing effects like color and bitmap mapping to their textured voxelizations.

But alas I speak too much, as now I breach the subject of the amazing planetary technology we are also working on. After the lead designer is U strapped from the "beating reaffirmation table" and gets his clothes on again and crawls out of the office by way of dog leash and is lead back to his desk, we will obtain our orders for the day. Today we will continue to work on adding rocks to the unlinked map we've built of a flat surface, so the rocks look realistic and scattered across the stake space landscape.

Please be sure to quote me often, but don't tell the Chairman about my 100% accurate leaks. Or... I will be next on The Table! :ohdear:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

D1E posted:

Yeah imagine being so obsessed with something or someone you just shout endlessly about it and at it.

Milky Moor posted:

my god regression testing

still laughing over it

To be fair it would explain why performance seems to get worse with every patch.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

D1E posted:

Why the disclaimer. Are you a redditor?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Guys, guys, guys!

Remember when MoMA/Toast said that Star Marine was in the first 2.6 release for avocados? And then he said Star Marine was not really activated? And then he posted a gif saying Star Marine was playable?

Good times with his reliable sources.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 1, 2016

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
INN (recursive) has unveiled their new brand.

https://twitter.com/relay_sc/status/804179852307922944

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

BTW Derek - the updated evocati build is pretty, drat good. You know this right? From your access? You know about the fixes and the ship that is now flyable? The new pirate swarm? The bar/lounge that is now open in GrimHex? DAY ONE FIXES.

edit: toodles

I haven't updated yet. So how is Star Marine? :grin:

toodles

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Problem is that MOMA can't provide the same answers he's asking out of Smart. He wants Smart to post proof, yet fails to do so on his own.

It's a reciprocal problem. neither can answer the other because neither have any proof.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

lazorexplosion posted:

:same: the amount of progress they've made in a year would be lame even for a small dev team making an unambitious game but for a 300 person studio crunching to deliver the most bloated design spec of all time it's insanely pathetic especially considering that all the stuff they've delivered is incomplete, buggy and crap.

Never in the history of games have so many labored to produce so little so unsuccessfully.

This right there.

The module was already deprecated over a year ago. Now imagine you're a dev working on such a module, which now needs to be brought back because it's the only tangible release for the year, seeing as SC and SQ42 were already a bust. Now you have to make that old code, work with the new code. This is where we are. There is no plausible reason for SM to be brought back, even after croberts himself went on the record saying that it was already in the PU. They did it because they had NOTHING tangible to show for their 2016 efforts - after raising over $30 million.

So basically, 400 people with over $130+ million couldn't produce a stand-alone fps module using an engine built for an fps. Yeah.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Dec 1, 2016

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

He's only a Supreme Commander on his forums :(

He has a lot of nerve titling himself after a good game

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Madcosby posted:

"No star marine in game"

*star marine released*

Said the moron posting in a thread dedicated to obsessing over a game.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Derek and MOMA should just gently caress already.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

dumb name, no dumber than inn though

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

wow that intro video is really terrible, it reminds me of the days when every website had to have a horrible flash intro page

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Variable 5 posted:

Recent activity on /r/nomansskythegame would suggest otherwise
I feel fine about giving smaller studios a lot more leeway tbh.

And studios that don't continually pat themselves on the back for being the greatest in the industry, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Basically, gently caress CIG.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

alphabettitouretti posted:

Actually, as a pirate, would you do much lounging? It doesn't seem like an outlaw would have a lot of time for just sitting and watching TV or whatever.

People do not become pirates because of their strong work ethic. So you'd have a lot of downtime while you procrastinate, raping and pillaging, till the last possible minute before your run out of :catdrugs:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

tooterfish posted:

And studios that don't continually pat themselves on the back for being the greatest in the industry, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Basically, gently caress CIG.

That's just Chris and the other turds at the top doing that though. I doubt the regular workers show up at the local game developer watering hole bragging about how much refactoring of old cryengine code they got done that day.

If it was me working there I'd be horribly embarrassed about CIG's public image. I especially wouldn't want to spend any time thinking about how regular people have thrown millions and millions of dollars of their own money at something that's missing basic functions after five years. The reaction to NMS should cause a great deal of concern for anyone working there.

• Locked thread