Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Shut down this sub-forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Decrepus posted:

Moma is a funny and good poster and his chastisement of beer was so powerful I would be surprised if Beer didn't spit blood and almost die.

The Star Citizen community as a whole has been through some dark times during the last few months but with 2.6 releasing soon and CIG opening up their dev process even more it seems the tides are turning. Many of the anti-Star Citizen critics and "insiders" have already embarrassed themselves and there's less and less to complain about as the releases of both Squadron 42 and Star Citizen 3.0 draw closer. It really feels like christmas came early this year.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Lladre posted:

Ahahahahaah. Never change RSI.

Of course they would sell a complex repair system for a game with short TTK. This is the people still offering

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Add-Ons/Engineering-Manual-For-Modders-Digital

For a product that will probably never exist.

VengerTL
May 29, 2013
https://vid.me/qMmY

https://vid.me/sg6a

The cover system in part 2 looks pretty good, seems responsive and snappy (35seconds into part 2)

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

Unless you're some cinematic CryEngine/Photoshop/After Effects magician you aren't going to be faking something like that. The only logical answer is that Derek and all his "sources" are wrong and/or lying (hilarious) or someone from CIG made this (even more hilarious) to gently caress with people.
Just thinking about this makes me actually laugh.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sappo569 posted:

If SM was actually out and playable in any form aside from hacking it into the game .... don't you think there would be a howl of delight from the backers ?

NDA aside there would be so many people willing to risk their account being deleted simply to prove all the evil smarties wrong

They'd even spin it with a "well I can just buy another completionist package anyways I don't care if they ban me" :smug:

Funny, I just posted this on FDEV :)

quote:

And we're right back at square one:

1 - Ben says he doesn't know if SM is in the build or not
2 - Some express astonishment at this rather ludicrous (at best) revelation
3 - I go further to explain why it's ludicrous for someone in his position to not know if SM is enabled in a build or not
4 - Some express that it's possible that he doesn't know. A notion that's just as ridiculous as #1

Meanwhile...

1 - CIG refuses to go on record saying whether or not SM is "enabled" for testing in 2.6; and backers don't have access to the release notes
2 - Some backers are busy playing defense and obfuscation for CIG. Another day in the verse
3 - Other backers are somehow, in the same vein as #2, inferring that because the SM assets exist (which they should if it was being worked on and awaiting official release) and can be hacked, that means "Star Marine is in 2.6" (as hilarious as that sounds)

Finally, in the past, Evocati have released screen shots, videos etc - regardless of them agreeing to an NDA. Yet, in this regard, thus far, NONE of that has happened. It seems to me that if they were intent on proving people (especially that dsmart fellow) wrong, it's something they would have done by now, ended the discussion, and proven me wrong.

I'm right. I know I'm right. SM is not enabled for official gameplay in 2.6. It's a hill that I'm going to die on; seeing as I'm already sitting at the top of it.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

VengerTL posted:

https://vid.me/qMmY

https://vid.me/sg6a

The cover system in part 2 looks pretty good, seems responsive and snappy (35seconds into part 2)

I cant understand the sound desing. Why are some sounds clear and some other like my head is underwater ? Pick a style and stick with it.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Can you really measure CIG's progress objectively when you don't actually know what state Squadron 42 is in and how much PU work they've completed behind the scenes? The chart is also clearly wrong on a number of known topics. for example: VR support has been in since the Hangar module yet the chart claims this isn't the case. Did you make this Derek?

VengerTL
May 29, 2013
https://vid.me/vlx1

https://vid.me/trKK

More. you can roll on your back from prone? O_o

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

aleksendr posted:

I cant understand the sound desing. Why are some sounds clear and some other like my head is underwater ? Pick a style and stick with it.

It's called a vacuum, maybe you've heard of it? Atmosphere dependent sounds aren't really a new thing in games but they sound really good here.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

I disagree, I think you thought the 20k coffee machine was a minor thing and buried it in the middle of a blog.

This shows intent, if Star Marine multiplayer isn't enabled, if CIG produced the source video for the GIF internally then how did it leak as part of a deception to let idiots like moma think that multiplayer Star Marine was enabled? Who benefits most if Citizens think there's more progress happening than there is, with a sale coming up in December?

I am not entirely sure how the coffee machine plays into this.

Anyway, CIG doesn't make GIFs. They make videos.

Also, for such an important release, if SM was in any way, shape or form enabled for game play in 2.6, they'd have mentioned it not only in their release announcement, but also in their recent ATV/RTV videos. They haven't.

There is no "benefit" here regarding progress. Whoever made that GIF is, as I said, part of the obfuscating brigade to mislead backers, try to "prove" me (heck, it contains a frame of a post I made - think about that) wrong, instead of proving to backers and everyone, that SM is in fact enabled for play.

At this point, all we can do is wait and see what comes next. Until then, my stance will remain unchanged. And I'm going to say it again - for the record - the 2.6 build that myself and others have had access to DOES NOT HAVE STAR MARINE ENABLED FOR PLAY.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 1, 2016

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

I'm the super smooth framerate in all those vids

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I know I spent 750 dollars on ships that are nothing but a picture, but I can see big progress with the inclusion of files into the patcher for my FPS.

Quick question - does anyone know if LTI from my ship covers my fps shooter man or will I need to stock up on UEC to pay the death fee in star marine. THX!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

kikkelivelho posted:

quote:

D_Smart posted:
Someone made a Star Citizen progress chart
Can you really measure CIG's progress objectively when you don't actually know what state Squadron 42 is in and how much PU work they've completed behind the scenes? The chart is also clearly wrong on a number of known topics. for example: VR support has been in since the Hangar module yet the chart claims this isn't the case. Did you make this Derek?

Which part of "Someone" did you miss exactly?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

The Retaliator commercial at 48M$ should be in red

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/314074/10ftd3-no-retaliator-commercial-with-clarification-from-ben

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Daily reminder that Star Citizen, with everything that has been promised, is never coming out.

VengerTL
May 29, 2013

SharkTattoos posted:

I know I spent 750 dollars on ships that are nothing but a picture, but I can see big progress with the inclusion of files into the patcher for my FPS.

Quick question - does anyone know if LTI from my ship covers my fps shooter man or will I need to stock up on UEC to pay the death fee in star marine. THX!

I think LTI only covers the base model of the ship not including modules/weapons you bought for it, and insurance probably wont be turned on till there is an economy in the game. They mentioned last week they are starting to narrow down on the first iteration of what price ships will be ingame so I wouldnt expect you have to worry about insurance for a long time

Like well over a year from now, if they even enable it before its "1.0" release

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

I think sometimes you are understandably focused on the technical aspects of the mess that is Star Citizen, that you miss the importance of simple things that resonate wrongness more to the less technically minded.

The 20k coffee pot and sliding space doors are things anyone can easily and immediately understand as being wrong. While I still can't get my head round your comments on all the 64 bit large world stuff. I think that's why people make a lot more references to the simple wrong stuff when talking about Star Citizen.

I'm just saying I want you to be proved right or wrong beyond all doubt about multiplayer Star Marine being enabled and I strongly suspect you are correct on it.

D_Smart posted:

At this point, all we can do is wait and see what comes next. Until then, my stance will remain unchanged. And I'm going to say it again - for the record - the 2.6 build that myself and others have had access to DOES NOT HAVE STAR MARINE ENABLED FOR PLAY.

Very clear thanks, I'll await moma's response.

AP fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Dec 1, 2016

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

AP posted:

I think sometimes you are understandably focused on the technical aspects of the mess that is Star Citizen, that you miss the importance of simple things that resonate wrongness more to the less technically minded.

The 20k coffee pot and sliding space doors are things anyone can easily and immediately understand as being wrong. While I still can't get my head round your comments on all the 64 bit large world stuff. I think that's why people make a lot more references to the simple wrong stuff when talking about Star Citizen.

Likely that a Greenie demerit point will be assessed for publicly disagreeing with your Warlord.

Are you sure you want to do this?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I just played Star Marine and uninstalled Doom

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Which part of "Someone" did you miss exactly?

So this chart has nothing to do with you just like those Escapist "leaks" had nothing to do with you?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

kikkelivelho posted:

It's called a vacuum, maybe you've heard of it? Atmosphere dependent sounds aren't really a new thing in games but they sound really good here.

Then tell me why i can perfectly hear the sound of gear rattling when the player get down a stair or the " *pin click* *fwoosh*" of a thrown grenade while only the gun sound is in "Vacuum".

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

aleksendr posted:

Then tell me why i can perfectly hear the sound of gear rattling when the player get down a stair or the " *pin click* *fwoosh*" of a thrown grenade while only the gun sound is in "Vacuum".

dude it's an alpha. There's a reason why only the Evocati testers are allowed to play it right now.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

The greatest title that Star Citizen will ever have is "greatest vaporware" which will be a generous way of saying "millions of dollars flushed down the toilet by a mishmouthed rear end in a top hat with no discipline or direction and his gang of idiots".

I just wait for the eventual blaming of goons that Star Citizen never came out.

King of Cheeses
Jul 25, 2007
Crusty on the outside, smooth and creamy on the inside.

thatguy posted:

If you take out all the junk before the gameplay starts it still leaves 500 frames to edit. Even if you consider that probably half of them are duplicates because Star Citizen doesn't run at 60 FPS that's 250 frames to manually edit in Photoshop.

This MP4 that was posted despite being recorded at 50fps has just over 40 actual unique frames of gameplay. Many video frames are just the same game play frame.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

D1E posted:

Likely that a Greenie demerit point will be assessed for publicly disagreeing with your Warlord.

Do what? I'm posting the same as I always do.

I'm starting to suspect you figure there's a grand conspiracy that has excluded you. Let me stop you wondering, there totally is.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

D1E posted:

What is the matter with you?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

King of Cheeses posted:

This MP4 that was posted despite being recorded at 50fps has just over 40 actual unique frames of gameplay. Many video frames are just the same game play frame.
It looks like the one you linked is shortened. It doesn't show him throwing the grenade or any of that.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Oh right. That makes sense. But yeah, as an engineer, and seeing that my whole claim since July 2015 has always been that "the game as pitched could never be built", that's primarily my focus. All that other stuff (e.g. wasteful spending) is just immaterial to me; but hilarious nonetheless.

quote:

I'm just saying I want you to be proved right or wrong beyond all doubt about multiplayer Star Marine being enabled and I strongly suspect you are correct on it.

:same:

quote:

Very clear thanks, I'll await moma's response.

He's probably still nursing a hangover from last night :smuggo:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

D1E posted:

Derek has chastised him on Discord, it won't happen again.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

I just played Star Marine and uninstalled Doom

:vince:

vids (no Gifs allowed!) or it didn't happen :grin:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

my whole claim since July 2015 has always been that "the game as pitched could never be built", that's primarily my focus. All that other stuff (e.g. wasteful spending) is just immaterial to me;

lmao

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Not to play the puppet master card for D1E but I think his main goal is to just get a bunch of people to quote him so Derek putting him on ignore is futile. Judging by the past few pages it seems to be working splendidly.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

To get the best Star Citizen experience that will ever be available, strap a motorcycle helmet to your head, sit down on your couch and watch "the last starfighter" while holding a controller and pretending you are controlling the action.

King of Cheeses
Jul 25, 2007
Crusty on the outside, smooth and creamy on the inside.

thatguy posted:

It looks like the one you linked is shortened. It doesn't show him throwing the grenade or any of that.

Thx. I thought I'd include the 'video' I'd seen from F:D Star Citizen Thread to avoid any confusion. That was the one I'd seen posted as 'proof' of Star Marine in 2.6. I'll look for the full one unless you have link.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

thatguy posted:

Not to play the puppet master card for D1E but I think his main goal is to just get a bunch of people to quote him so Derek putting him on ignore is futile. Judging by the past few pages it seems to be working splendidly.

The joke's on them because anyone (aside from those whose opinions and banter I value) who quotes him (and Ol Cactus Dick), gets put on ignore as well. So far, 11 of them are in there. It's marvelous really, because it allows me to skip through all the rubbish.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

I don't mind, he's funny.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Blocking people is for the weak

• Locked thread