Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

Busy at work? Life? Honestly don't have the time to dedicate to testing and providing bug reports.

*says this while browsing a dead, gay, comedy forum*

Nah that's fair enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRQOzr0Ff_Q

What a lighthearted bunch these guys are ha ha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

moma lemme tell you a story

there was this absolute goddess of a girl that used to work at the bar I went to all the time

she went out on a date with a very handsome, successful dude who drove a tesla and had a huge house and made a shitload of money and looked great on paper

for their first date he took her out to help him shop for pocket squares at tom ford

she didn't give him a second date and ended up with a guy that wore star wars tshirts and flip flops (well rainbows so thats somethin I guess)

don't be the tom ford first date dude moma

I stopped at "work at the bar.'

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Titanic posted:

Now we'll probably see the difference between a "fan page" and a "fan page supported with $$$ from the company the fan page is about".

So looking forward to bowtie man's angelfire/geocities star citizen page

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
No matter if it is in 2.6 or not, can we all agree its a poor showing for a FPS, show no integration with the PU and just exist to dilute the playerbase further ?

If it just exist to placate backers and D_Smart without plan to integrate it in SC then this is a waste of funds, as nobody needed a "prrof of concept" of doing a FPS in a FPS engine.

If its jut a stepping stone for further integration in the PU, then we have not progressed on critical game systems (Death of a spaceman, healing, gadgets, stealth) and just added to enginering debt.

Either way its more problems than progress.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

D_Smart posted:

Check the 10:08 time index.

Still not the same :shrug:

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ManofManyAliases posted:

:lol:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

oh I'm sorry should I have said craft microbrewery instead

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
New in the range this year the Nike Air Trump

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

aleksendr posted:

No matter if it is in 2.6 or not, can we all agree its a poor showing for a FPS, show no integration with the PU and just exist to dilute the playebase further ?

If it just exist to placate backers and D_Smart without plan to integrate it in SC then this is a waste of funds, as nobody needed a "prrof of concept" of doing a FPS in a FPS engine.

If its jut a stepping stone for further integration in the PU, then we have not progressed on critical game systems (Death of a spaceman, healing, gadgets, stealth) and just added to enginering debt.

That's the part all of us know, and all the parts that Moma and the like will refuse to answer-because yeah ok sure it exists. I'm willing to take Moma's word only because it's hilarious. Even though it exists, it shows that this is as loving far as they've gotten in the years they have had to develop. That means if this game for some ungodly reason were to be continually financed and not bottom out due to Chris Robert's idiocy, it would come out in like 2050, by which time no one will give a poo poo. Or, which is what is going to happen, it will just fall apart and never come out. In which case these "milestones" are not celebrations but rather warning signs that this is all sinking.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Daztek posted:

Still not the same :shrug:

Yeah. I'm convinced that the GIF footage is most likely from the leaked single-player SM build which Parias posted a video of. And which goes back to my saying that it was manipulated.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 1, 2016

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Propagandist posted:

I feel like we're watching an episode of DBZ, and Derek and MoMA are screaming at each other while powering up.

This is an appropriate description of what is going on.

When they are finally powered up (sometime next june after the re-runs) then they will realize an embarrassing slapfight over the terminology used to describe something that lasts forever is a bad idea and settle their differences.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

God these screenshots all look so horribly dull. You have the whole loving universe to choose from and every map and space station looks like somebody wants to reimagine the inside of a WW2 bunker for their space game.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
star citizen kickstarter: great things are coming
star citizen alpha: great things are coming
star citizen beta: great things are coming
star citizen release: great thing are coming
star citizen tombstone: great things are coming

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

TheAgent posted:

star citizen kickstarter: great things are coming
star citizen alpha: great things are coming
star citizen beta: great things are coming
star citizen release: great thing are coming

Every Patch is the Jesus Patch.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

aleksendr posted:

No matter if it is in 2.6 or not, can we all agree its a poor showing for a FPS, show no integration with the PU and just exist to dilute the playerbase further ?

you shut the gently caress up, we need 600,000 words devoted to the specific terminology and semantics used when describing and introducing it.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

peparoni n chease

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Wuxi posted:

God these screenshots all look so horribly dull. You have the whole loving universe to choose from and every map and space station looks like somebody wants to reimagine the inside of a WW2 bunker for their space game.

That's the overriding vibe you get after spending more than a few minutes in the game, it's achingly boring and generic. They gave a visionary $130 million and he came up with a shitter Hard Reset somehow. The previews of any new stuff is just them stealing from Star Wars, Dune, loving top Gear, so the future looks worse, and I never thought as I stood in a generic corridor as a generic white dude that that was even possible

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Wuxi posted:

somebody wants to reimagine the inside of a WW2 bunker for their space game.

Hmmm I know a certain somebody with a love for space, WW2 and clichés...

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

oh I'm sorry should I have said craft microbrewery instead

Now we're talking!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

drluv posted:

more than just a 4v4.

Are they at the level of 20 v 20? That's what I was playing this weekend for the princely sum of $9.99.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm not an evocati. I never signed an NDA.

So you're merely reporting heresay as prima facie? You don't get why this is ironic?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Now we're talking!

MOMA why did you INN guys fall out you were producing such good content :(

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Hi everyone, hope you're all enjoying screaming at the computer game and the people who like to play it. This is just a quick reminder for you to call or visit your parents wherever possible, because they love and care about you and want the best for you. I'll be back tomorrow with another reminder, or perhaps even later this evening.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi everyone, hope you're all enjoying screaming at the computer game and the people who like to play it. This is just a quick reminder for you to call or visit your parents wherever possible, because they love and care about you and want the best for you. I'll be back tomorrow with another reminder, or perhaps even later this evening.

I'm gonna go see them later this evening I'll be sure to let them know I care about them too

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi everyone, hope you're all enjoying screaming at the computer game and the people who like to play it obsess about it. This is just a quick reminder for you to call or visit your parents wherever possible, because they love and care about you and want the best for you. I'll be back tomorrow with another reminder, or perhaps even later this evening.

FTFY

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Now we're talking!
moma are you going to be part of the new OC brew clubs since san diego is basically controlled by stone brewery at this point

we could hang at bottle logic or noble because gently caress yoga pantz is one of the best beers ever created

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Maw posted:

I'm gonna go see them later this evening I'll be sure to let them know I care about them too

That's good to hear

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Meridian posted:

Okay, why is the build called Evocati? It bothers me.

It's not. The Evocati refer to the backers who have signed a NDA and are permitted early access to builds as a result of their steadfast dedication to reporting bugs. Once something leaves Evocati it goes to the PTU, which is for backers who play enough for CIG to notice (or I think are subscribers). Once the build leaves PTU it goes out to everyone so that they too can experience the wonders of a pre-alpha build.

This is open development.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hey Moma, if CIG calls 3.0 "beta" will you be worried?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

The gameplay shown isn't in Around the Verse, and yes there's a chat box up there or something, but to me it's now more possible this is extra footage filmed for Around the Verse as the UI seems to match better than the offline Star Marine. Which given the choices are Derek/TheAgent are wrong or CIG or some hardcore Citizen faked it, and the logo definitely has been shown on Around the Verse...

INN (recursive) RELAY_SC may have received raw footage to do their lovely transsubstantiation or whatever they do

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

kikkelivelho posted:

The chart is also clearly wrong on a number of known topics. for example: VR support has been in since the Hangar module yet the chart claims this isn't the case. Did you make this Derek?

VR has never worked right in the hangar module. Even back in the beginning years ago it worked really half rear end, barely, then they pulled that half rear end support. I tried it out on my DK1 and DK2 back then.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

ManofManyAliases posted:

SM is very much alive and well in the 2.6 build and is playable (more than just a 4v4 by the way). It runs at 70-90 fps on a mid-range machine and hangars now load fully in less than 5 seconds. Caterpillar is amazing - very functional. It's pretty much all cargo right now and open from the sides. All modular. Great visibility.

No. You won't get any proof or evidence from me. This series of NDA is extremely strict. You will very likely not see any leaks from evocati on this on reddit either. But, if screens/vids do eventually leak, feel free to reference this post.
The screenies will leak in two weeks. And I guess the Evocati in this round need to be able to visit the studio--seems like LAN play is the only thing working. My source, PFA, confirms.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

You made claim, after claim, after claim that SM WASN't in the build like, at all. LIKE AT ALL. And you were so sure of your pompous self because you have 70,000 evocati accounts.

GTFO already you pathetic, pathological liar.

My word ole chap

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

TheAgent posted:

moma lemme tell you a story

there was this absolute goddess of a girl that used to work at the bar I went to all the time

she went out on a date with a very handsome, successful dude who drove a tesla and had a huge house and made a shitload of money and looked great on paper

for their first date he took her out to help him shop for pocket squares at tom ford

she didn't give him a second date and ended up with a guy that wore star wars tshirts and flip flops (well rainbows so thats somethin I guess)

don't be the tom ford first date dude moma

And that man was Derek Smart

What kind of pleb goes shopping for his own pocket squares , your personal butler should be updating your wardrobe every 3-6 months already

Has cig mentioned if we can hire staff for our living quarters on board our autism carriers ?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:rip:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sappo569 posted:

And that man was Derek Smart

What kind of pleb goes shopping for his own pocket squares , your personal butler should be updating your wardrobe every 3-6 months already

Has cig mentioned if we can hire staff for our living quarters on board our autism carriers ?

get this, they said if you BUY extra accounts each one will be your NPC slave

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

HycoCam posted:

The screenies will leak in two weeks. And I guess the Evocati in this round need to be able to visit the studio--seems like LAN play is the only thing working. My source, PFA, confirms.

it's all great, trust me.
- MOMA

BitBasher posted:

VR has never worked right in the hangar module. Even back in the beginning years ago it worked really half rear end, barely, then they pulled that half rear end support. I tried it out on my DK1 and DK2 back then.

Head tracking disappeared early too. Something something clipped out of the back of your own head something.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

https://twitter.com/relay_sc/status/804378881834844160

https://twitter.com/commando_tom/status/804380878923239424

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

No, I wear very nice fitting leather-bottoms. Would Allen Edmonds suffice as a daily?

If you are so free with your money like Star Citizen I'd expect Aldens at minimum for dailies.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Meridian posted:

Okay, why is the build called Evocati? It bothers me.

It's the testing group that's called Evocati. Here is a short primer which I wrote about that

And I covered it here in a blog I wrote this past April.

Basically, despite the fact that all backers are in fact entitled to the builds, they decided to segregate them. Then they also started using paid subscriptions to distribute pre-release builds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

The Titanic posted:

You already have your highly detailed spaceman life simulator. With oxygen in blood streams and all that.
I love seeing this. Pretty sure I started the blood stream stuff. :) It was a fun troll to explain the low fps and why pbgaz could walk outside in his underwear. (The poly count on billions upon billions of molecules was dragging down the FPS and those molecules were clipping through the walls, making space breathable.)

CIG has the best developers since they were little kids. Heck, I think most still are.

Cymelion--stop lurking and :justpost: This place is way more fun than Reddit. Even MoMA thinks so!

• Locked thread