Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

We skipped the giant pie this year. I'm truly sad that the pumpkin pie we have isn't the size of a rap mogul's rims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim_the_Enchanter
May 27, 2013

I went to Costco this afternoon, post Black Friday sales. As I entered, the area was in a relatively good state of police despite mere hours after the frenzy.
I sampled a spinach and artichoke dip, some 100% real juice, a chicken patty, salsa (twice, it was wonderful), and some chocolate covered pretzels.
My purchases included a pack of toilet paper, trail mix, a pumpkin pie, those incredible chocolate muffins, frozen chicken cordon bleu, and a pack of socks.
As I was leaving, I paid homage to the Costco gods by purchasing a chicken bake and a 20 ouncer.
Overall, my experience was a 7.2/ 10.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Tim_the_Enchanter posted:

I went to Costco this afternoon, post Black Friday sales. As I entered, the area was in a relatively good state of police despite mere hours after the frenzy.
I sampled a spinach and artichoke dip, some 100% real juice, a chicken patty, salsa (twice, it was wonderful), and some chocolate covered pretzels.
My purchases included a pack of toilet paper, trail mix, a pumpkin pie, those incredible chocolate muffins, frozen chicken cordon bleu, and a pack of socks.
As I was leaving, I paid homage to the Costco gods by purchasing a chicken bake and a 20 ouncer.
Overall, my experience was a 7.2/ 10.

What could have added a 2.8 and made it a solid 10.0?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Anderron Shi posted:

What could have added a 2.8 and made it a solid 10.0?

He deducted for his dignity.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

goodness posted:

Does Costco have family memberships and if so can I get one if I am in a different state than they are

A normal personal Costco account can have 2 card, they are good not only in the US but in other Costco locations around the world (UK, Canada, Mexico, Japan, maybe a few others). If you get a business account, you get 2 ppl for free for the membership fee, then each additional 2 cards is an extra $20/yr. Me and my wife used to be on my parents' business membership before they dropped it and went to a personal card, and we lived in a different state from them. To get added though you have to go in with one of the primary card holders to authorize you on the account. IDK if you have to have a legit business or can just go in and say I'm a sole proprietership and get a business membership tho.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I live in the actual Kirkland, like from the pictures on the packaging. AMA.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Seashell Salesman posted:

What is the annual fee to live in Heaven? :allears:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Seashell Salesman posted:

They put pictures on the packaging?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Detective No. 27 posted:

What is the annual fee to live in Heaven? :allears:

There's just like a 9.8% sales tax I think.

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

They put pictures on the packaging?

Good question! Yes.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Costco has these really good potstickers in the frozen section and I can't stop eating them

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
The Siwin ones? Holy poo poo they're good.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Went yesterday, had a chicken bake. As I was browsing through the coats on my way to the blurays I run into no other than my own mother, father, and sister. Good times. I left with some sliced turkey breast and spinach and mozzarella raviolis.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
beep beep bulk ham

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007
I go to costco to find my center

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKc9RbgyyZU

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

uli2000 posted:

A normal personal Costco account can have 2 card, they are good not only in the US but in other Costco locations around the world (UK, Canada, Mexico, Japan, maybe a few others). If you get a business account, you get 2 ppl for free for the membership fee, then each additional 2 cards is an extra $20/yr. Me and my wife used to be on my parents' business membership before they dropped it and went to a personal card, and we lived in a different state from them. To get added though you have to go in with one of the primary card holders to authorize you on the account. IDK if you have to have a legit business or can just go in and say I'm a sole proprietership and get a business membership tho.

When I got my Costco Business card, I had to show them my state seller's permit.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/P7PDDySY1E8

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

The main story on this week's Fresh Off the Boat was about Costco and filmed at a Costco. It had characters sitting on camping chairs and reading 90's books, Bart Simpson as the sample lady, and a heartwarming message (Costco is church).

I'm not American so I don't know how you can go watch it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

there's a bus near me that i can take all the way west and be at a Costco. some day i'll work up the nerve to go

Yer Burnt posted:

The main story on this week's Fresh Off the Boat was about Costco and filmed at a Costco. It had characters sitting on camping chairs and reading 90's books, Bart Simpson as the sample lady, and a heartwarming message (Costco is church).
so it was an ad for costco. i love the place too, but show some dignity

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

I'm promoting an ad for costco. My dignity got left behind several bus stops ago.

But this reminds me that I was slightly disappointed when they didn't take the 90's opportunity to call it Price Club.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Also I got my father-in-law this thing a few weeks ago from Costco:

http://christmasbeer.net/2016-costco-beer-advent-calendar/

24 different beers for every day in December until Christmas. Anyway long story short but I went back yesterday and was going to buy myself one but they were completely gone! There had to be 30 of them there when I got the one a few weeks ago.
Did you get this? I got it a few days ago and they had a bunch in. I didn't know what I was expecting when I saw it but that thing is loving huge. Unfortunately I can't just stuff it in the fridge so it's kind of disapointing to open a door and having a warm can of beer :(

Opened the first one, a pretty drat decent light marzen. Waiting for today's to chill right now.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 3, 2016

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Xaris posted:

Did you get this? I got it a few days ago and they had a bunch in. Unfortunately I can't just stuff it in the fridge so it's kind of disapointing to open a door and having a warm can of beer :(

Opened the first one, a pretty drat decent light marzen. Waiting for today's to chill right now.

When you get one from the fridge, put in the one for the next day?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
yeah going to do that now.

i should add poo poo was like $60 so these beers better be worth like $2.50 each

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Just went to Wal-Mart :( can't wait to get to the socioeconomic prestige level of Costco membership

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Anderron Shi posted:

Just went to Wal-Mart :( can't wait to get to the socioeconomic prestige level of Costco membership

You ever see a nature documentary where a swarm of piranhas eats a live pig in a manner of seconds and leaves nothing but bones? I once saw that happen at Walmart with a pallet of $2 Coca Cola 24 can boxes.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Anderron Shi posted:

Its like 40 bucks for the whole year.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

yeah going to do that now.

i should add poo poo was like $60 so these beers better be worth like $2.50 each

Professor Shark posted:

This thing costs like $133 here in Nova Scotia

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

It's also completely sold out, even at $130+ for a 24

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

It's not even like winter themed beers or anything. Just random beers. Doesn't seem worth it IMHO

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Best pizza in all of Japan was from Costco.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Super Waffle posted:

Went yesterday, had a chicken bake. As I was browsing through the coats on my way to the blurays I run into no other than my own mother, father, and sister. Good times. I left with some sliced turkey breast and spinach and mozzarella raviolis.

Trip report, those raviolis are god damned amazing. They really stand on their own without a heavy red sauce; what I did was just sautee some minced garlic in some olive oil then toss the raviolis in it, then top with some fresh basil and parmesan cheese (also from Costco).

A++ will buy again (in less than an hour)

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I sampled Costco mac&cheese and decided Stouffers frozen mac&cheese is better

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

Hector Beerlioz posted:

typical heck.
Your pallette is too, heh, unrefined.:smugdog::pipe:

shoophobo fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 4, 2016

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Hector Beerlioz posted:

have you tried kraft

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop

ChinaBob posted:

Can confirm. Doesn't matter who you are or where you live, Asians loving love Costco.

can confirm. am asian.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Tiny Lowtax posted:

It's not even like winter themed beers or anything. Just random beers. Doesn't seem worth it IMHO
Most winter beers are honestly loving horrible, so i'm ok with that. So far they've been pretty good and a lot of really random stuff i've have never found/bought on my own

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

thathonkey posted:

have you tried kraft

Yeah, stouffers is the best

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the more processed the chease is the better it is imho

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
Winter is time for high abv stouts imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Winter is time for jäger and hanky panks imo.