Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

We don't know yet but the E3 trailer has a female voice telling Link to wake up.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that. Dang, I guess I just never considered that meant there would be other voiced parts in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
Voice means no custom names. Which is, like, a fifth of the fun.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I hope Zelda teams up with Link and we get to beat up monsters together.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wank posted:

Voice means no custom names. Which is, like, a fifth of the fun.

When I was a kid playing LTTP, it blew my mind that the main character had the same name as me.:kiddo:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I hope Zelda teams up with Link and we get to beat up monsters together.

I hope we can finally experience this

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hmm but Zelda isn't in that image

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
That triggers me

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

yeah wolf link is in the game. we know that.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

a.lo posted:

yeah wolf link is in the game. we know that.

Not directly, you need an Amiibo for that and it's a temporary sidekick.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

but how do i get that dog from the trailer as a sidekick. (i have the duck hunt amiibo)

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

a.lo posted:

but how do i get that dog from the trailer as a sidekick. (i have the duck hunt amiibo)

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Character design in Breath of the Wild is absolutely lovely. If they ever make amiibos for the enemies and NPCs I'd buy every single one. :retrogames:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

JordanKai posted:

Character design in Breath of the Wild is absolutely lovely. If they ever make amiibos for the enemies and NPCs I'd buy every single one. :retrogames:

There's already one for the big spider robots.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
In the scene with 2 people fighting off Bokoblins: right dude might not be Link, just an NPC. Same with horse rider pulling up next to Good Dog at the building with a horse head on it.

If NPCs can fight on their own and you get to show up and join them, that would be cool.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I can't wait to play as Link and then turn into Zelda and play as her.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Yeah, the whole glowy bit, and what looked like Zelda wearing matching clothes like Link's, and the final shot being obviously Zelda's fist balling up as Link sits defeated all seem to point to playable Zelda at some point.

loving finally. :dance:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
That would potentially be a "big shakeup"

No girl Link. Instead, badass playable Zelda. :black101:

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
RIP Castle Town

both of them

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I've thought for a while now that it'd be cool to have Zelda games that focused on other pieces of the Triforce and let you play as their respective holders, with tweaked gameplay to match. The Wisdom title would have you play as Zelda and solve physics puzzles with cool magical abilities while defeating enemies with stealth and trickery, and the Power title would be a character-action game made by Platinum where you play as Ganondorf and stylishly kick the poo poo out of your enemies while "solving" dungeons by turning all the doors into rubble. They could even tailor the villains so to show the potential dark side of other Triforce pieces, with kind of a rock-paper-scissors thing going; Zelda would be saving her kingdom from a military coup lead by one of the knights (Wisdom>Courage), and Ganondorf could be liberating his people from deceitful and manipulative Hyrulian Queen who has somehow turned them against him (Power>Wisdom).

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

greatn posted:

This game has confirmed voice acting though. It literally was the first thing anyone found out about the game at E3.

Boy, I sure would hate it if this game only had the one voice acted line at the beginning like that terrible Nintendo game, Super Metroid. I would much rather it be fully voice acted like that good Nintendo game, Other M.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Earnestly posted:

Boy, I sure would hate it if this game only had the one voice acted line at the beginning like that terrible Nintendo game, Super Metroid. I would much rather it be fully voice acted like that good Nintendo game, Other M.

That was Sakamoto's fault rather than general bad production. He apparently specifically told Samus' english VA to speak like she was on heavy sedatives.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Well I am extremely pumped now. I don't even know where to begin! Will add new videos to OP later.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

Yeah, the whole glowy bit, and what looked like Zelda wearing matching clothes like Link's, and the final shot being obviously Zelda's fist balling up as Link sits defeated all seem to point to playable Zelda at some point.

loving finally. :dance:

this is how you set yourself up to be disappointed

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

El Burbo posted:

Hmm but Zelda isn't in that image

He's right there with the master sword.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
We know Zelda when we see her, but that other chick in the trailer could be or not be Zelda. It could be grown Aryll, or Linkle, or a totally new character.

Or maybe Link turns into a girl when he gets wet like Ranma, the hell do I know.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Jesus, you guys just won't let go of girl Link.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Rexroom posted:

She's so soft

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Both girls we see are Zelda. Link and Zelda merge and you switch between them

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
In this game you find the fourth triforce. The triforce of love. It goes in the middle.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rexroom posted:

I just think it would be cool if they realized how dumb their statement during E3 was and decided to walk back on it by including girl Link.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

greatn posted:

In this game you find the fourth triforce. The triforce of love. It goes in the middle.

GOTY

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just think it would be cool if they realized how dumb their statement during E3 was and decided to walk back on it by including girl Link.

What statement?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They said they couldn't make a girl link because this wasn't a cooking game.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

greatn posted:

They said they couldn't make a girl link because this wasn't a cooking game.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They added that while there are some cooking elements, all the best chefs in the world are men.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Can't we just say that despite Link looking like a male, he she identifies herself as female?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

This game looks exciting and I cannot wait to play it, and say, with glee, "This is a fun Zelda game!!"

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

What if they made a girl Link option, but she did less damage in combat but in return got better effects from cooking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

What if they made a goon Link option, but she did less things in life but in return got worse effects from people?