Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acquilae
May 15, 2013

loving hell, has that guy ever played CS (or like any competitive multiplayer game with spectator mode) made within the last 10/15 years?

Acquilae fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Dec 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
What a filthy domicile.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Man, even if you ignore literally every other part of that trailer, CIG still loses out on the "best six-wheeled rover" part of the competition. loving fantastic.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

RIP SQ42

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I float over stones beeyatch.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

do these people not really know what kill cams and spectator modes are lmao

its like a staple of any fps

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Like, I would immediately give the game a little more goodwill if I knew the head injury victims responsible for 3 had been jettisoned for the betterment of video games.
:speculate:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Samizdata posted:

As I recently said in another discussion about women gamers, my only concern is "How's the game rolling?" Glad my sarcasm in commenting was readily apparent. You seem nice and I worried about it not reading right. (Hint: I only use "amirite?" when I am being a snarky bastard. Also the same goes for hashtags.)

EDIT: Had to Google Kokoro Wish. Funny story. Won a serious boxload of gifts back in the day from HappyPuppy when I did a blurb on gamers being literate and enjoying stories as well as gameplay. If you want to know HOW back in the day, the box included the original Driver and System Shock 2.

You're fine, friend. :hfive:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Romes128 posted:

do these people not really know what kill cams and spectator modes are lmao

its like a staple of any fps

That guy is obviously forgetting that it's just a game within a game. :smuggo:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I am surprised and impressed Marching Powder is successfully not posting. I really expected even more meltdown than we got.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Acquilae posted:

I love how they push those exclusive pre-order items as if they're a big deal, but only end up being useful for the first hour or so of a game before you upgrade them.

Besides, look for a while and you can often find a DLC unlocker depending on what channel you got it via.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

lazorexplosion posted:

I am surprised and impressed Marching Powder is successfully not posting. I really expected even more meltdown than we got.

I am sad of it. :smith:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

You're fine, friend. :hfive:

Cheers!

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
Video was great until the end didn't have a Star Citizen client has crashed message.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015
OFFICIAL STATEMENT

:gary::gizz:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TheGodofIris posted:

I down voted this. Horrible use of tane.

Downvoting is only for things that don't contribute to the conversation, NOT things you disagree with.

:rolleyes:

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

aleksendr posted:

However, calling the Banu ship a "Merchantman" make absolutely no sense, since nearly every ship released so far aside the various single seater and obvious military ships fit in that category. The Starfarer, Carrack, the garbage barge, the news van. All merchantman.
I believe the ship is called the Merchantman because Sandcrawler was taken.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

nawledgelambo posted:

Clifford aka Miku is livestreaming guys, be sure to subscribe

https://clips.twitch.tv/the_moon_shiners/HorribleEmuYouWHY
After falling into the merman hole this thread showed me, there is not a chance I'll click that.

A happy merman:

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

here's the gay leather bar MoMA was talking about earlier.

B'takk should enjoy this place--looks to have his kind of crowd. Empty.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Acquilae posted:

I love how they push those exclusive pre-order items as if they're a big deal, but only end up being useful for the first hour or so of a game before you upgrade them.

Or even worse they end up being game breaking from start to finish. So it ends up being a snoozefest from start to finish because you have top tier end game equipment at the start of game.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015
Can I both think Derek is a lunatic and the people non stop posting LOL where's the blog are bad? Hey shitlords he doesn't owe you a god drat thing

I mean if I'm gonna heckle Derek I would say he should consider how in perpetual war with bullies he appears a grander rear end in a top hat and bigger bully then a reasonable person might tolerate.

Basically what I mean is the Rocky training montage with typing a 25 paragraph official statement, yelling on Twitter and doxxing not doxxing the dregs of the Internet (FAU)

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Hey Derek!

I think a lazy lunch with you would be fun. Also your family and home is cute. I am a tiny bit jealous, but in a good way. :shobon:

You piece of poo poo.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Page 6666 is going to happen in my sleep at this rate :(

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

no_recall posted:

Yeah I hated how they depicted the (what I assume to be the) Citadels avatar without much backstory and just hamfisted the ending.

I didn't even bother to play the DLC and the "better" ending version.

All that effort to get my army to 100% (remember playing the MP to get points in SP) then meeting destiny's child was just pure troll on the most absurd levels. I nearly threw my controller at the TV.

The better ending DLC is actually worse. A whole lot of it is Bioware doubling down on it, like they thought the problem was that people didn't get the ending, and a lot of it disjoints the flow of an already janky ending. It also, perplexingly, ruins some of the good things in it and adds, maybe, two things that should have been there from the start.

One of the DLC packs, Leviathans, is Bioware trying to make their ending make sense. You meet the still-living creators of the Reapers (yes, in DLC) but this does absolutely nothing to change the story.

The Citadel DLC is actually great, though, and is basically an alternative ending that Bioware wasn't able to call such.

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Like, I would immediately give the game a little more goodwill if I knew the head injury victims responsible for 3 had been jettisoned for the betterment of video games.

They haven't. Mac Walters, the person behind the ending and the wealth of bad ME EU material, is still the lead writer, IIRC. And Andromeda's history indicates a huge amount of issues during development. I think there were at least three high profile people leaving during development. The game is coming out in a few months and that trailer is the first substantial release of anything for it (and isn't too spectacular, look at Ryder's facial animations during the scene where she takes the gun and the general inability to stick to their core premise with that brief mission they show).

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Raskolnikov posted:

Page 6666 is going to happen in my sleep at this rate :(

This is a pathetic effort by the thread toward a very extremely meaningful milestone and Marching Powder would be so upset right now

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

TONS of time to fix it.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Star Citizen will be better then Mass Effect.

:barf:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Milky Moor posted:

The better ending DLC is actually worse. A whole lot of it is Bioware doubling down on it, like they thought the problem was that people didn't get the ending, and a lot of it disjoints the flow of an already janky ending. It also, perplexingly, ruins some of the good things in it and adds, maybe, two things that should have been there from the start.

One of the DLC packs, Leviathans, is Bioware trying to make their ending make sense. You meet the still-living creators of the Reapers (yes, in DLC) but this does absolutely nothing to change the story.

The Citadel DLC is actually great, though, and is basically an alternative ending that Bioware wasn't able to call such.

They haven't. Mac Walters, the person behind the ending and the wealth of bad ME EU material, is still the lead writer, IIRC. And Andromeda's history indicates a huge amount of issues during development. I think there were at least three high profile people leaving during development. The game is coming out in a few months and that trailer is the first substantial release of anything for it (and isn't too spectacular, look at Ryder's facial animations during the scene where she takes the gun and the general inability to stick to their core premise with that brief mission they show).

Didnt Casey whatever say he wanted to final say in the ending and told the writers to let him do it?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Kakarot posted:

Didnt Casey whatever say he wanted to final say in the ending and told the writers to let him do it?

Basically but also not really. See, Casey Hudson and Mac Walters locked themselves away from the rest of the writing team and created the ending without any consultation. Patrick Weekes, a member of Bioware's writing staff, basically confirmed it and pretty much went as far to say that no one had any input for any of the whole Earth sequence beyond a few small things and there was no peer review done on any of it. The Hudson/Walters team-up is where the 'LOTS OF SPECULATION FOR EVERYONE' napkin scrawl comes from.

This is probably why every other part of the game, including whole sections of the Codex, mention that the Reapers could be defeated conventionally (and paint them as sadistic monsters). And then the ending suddenly swerves into 'that's impossible, pick your color' territory (with the Reapers as mere tools to a benevolent-ish ghost baby).

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Dec 2, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

The only issue with doing a toxx over Star Marine is I don't really see anyone in here who can prove definitively one way or another that it's straight up not in the current build.

Unless anyone wants to lose their super secret evocati status by livestreaming it so they can get Uncle Derek banned lol.

Dude, that's why in case nothing can be proved one way or another the sacred toxx rules indicated that *both sides* get banned. Think of Lowtax!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
How many Video Game Awards did Star Citizen win tonight? I assume it was all of them.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Milky Moor posted:

Basically but also not really. See, Casey Hudson and Mac Walters locked themselves away from the rest of the writing team and created the ending without any consultation. Patrick Weekes, a member of Bioware's writing staff, basically confirmed it and pretty much went as far to say that no one had any input for any of the whole Earth sequence beyond a few small things and there was no peer review done on any of it. The Hudson/Walters team-up is where the 'LOTS OF SPECULATION FOR EVERYONE' napkin scrawl comes from.

This is probably why every other part of the game, including whole sections of the Codex, mention that the Reapers could be defeated conventionally (and paint them as sadistic monsters). And then the ending suddenly swerves into 'that's impossible, pick your color' territory (with the Reapers as mere tools to a benevolent-ish ghost baby).

Sounds like what CIG is doing to Star Citizen.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Is it 6666 yet? drat, I'm going to miss it.

And I liked old MoMA a bit more. Smug MoMA is kinda annoying, specially because he's getting all smuggo over a lovely broken buggy 2006 FPS being available for a select group of testers. Like, sure, it may be there, it's really impressive that they have managed to develop a FPS using a FPS engine but, besides that... is that really the only update of importance for the whole year? Boring.

I could be playing Unreal Tournament (1999) if I wanted a better FPS right now.

Also, seems like either Lazrin didn't get paid or he just didn't like his probation but I miss him already. D1E is trying to fill his gap but has none of his redeeming qualities.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Hey MoMA, go find a friend who has a console and watch them play Destiny PvP.

Compare it to whatever the hell was streamed a few weeks ago.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

no_recall posted:

Sounds like what CIG is doing to Star Citizen.

x1000

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016

skaboomizzy posted:

How many Video Game Awards did Star Citizen win tonight? I assume it was all of them.

Filthy publishers didnt want them to win.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Which way is the space blue oyster bar? Asking for a friend.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Mass Effect Citizen: Line of Dragon Age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I really hope someone screenshots top posters and thread statistics for page 6666. Star Satan cannot be disappointed!

• Locked thread