Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
*snore*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

EccoRaven posted:

All he asks of us is to be patient, to pray, to love, and, of course, to hope.
No.

I deeply appreciate your faith, Ecco, but I even more deeply resent the "wait for paradise" message and mindset of Rapture Christianity. The idea that things will eventually get better with a wave of Jesus' hand is no excuse to be passive about them getting worse now. Maybe it's just because my family is half-Jewish, and Judaism leans much closer to 'heaven as metaphor', but I refuse, refuse to believe that the most moral way to live my life is to meekly wait for things to get better.

When I say 'people are dying', and you say 'but heaven is coming', when I say 'people are suffering' and you say 'I will pray for them', you are wiping your hands of responsibility. You are saying, whether you mean to or not, that my daily fear that my government is going to make my very existence illegal, is irrelevant. I am bitter, I am hurt, I am scared, and I am angry, and I'm not going to ignore that just because of something that might happen in my lifetime. Or my children's lifetime. Or their children's lifetime. Or maybe it's metaphor. Or maybe God is dead and we're monkeys on a speck of dust in an infinitely-expanding universe.

Whatever we are, whatever the truth, being peaceful and submissive is not something I can accept. Not while there's something I can do.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Dec 2, 2016

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dismiss god and understand you are neither entitled to nor instilled with value by existence

Use this as motivation to surpass oppressive norms and kill thine enemies

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Or, to be a touch more glib:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0VKU7HVH8g

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Where is the religion for me, an ancient being birthed from the polished stones of the ocean, knowing neither love nornjoy?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Where is the religion for me, an ancient being birthed from the polished stones of the ocean, knowing neither love nornjoy?
They've got a meeting in one of the back rooms of the Miskatonic.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Dismiss god and understand you are neither entitled to nor instilled with value by existence

Use this as motivation to surpass oppressive norms and kill thine enemies

But then how do entitled fools justify their reprehensible lifestyles and worldviews , huh?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I hope you all find what you need.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I can't tell if Ecco's religious posting is genuine or another one of Ecco's manufactured internet personas to prevent them from getting hurt by the dangerous world of the internets.

Also, one week until I'm out of the military. Feels good.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
who you

o hi meds

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Max posted:

Does it bother you that some of us have?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

No.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

redneck nazgul posted:

I can't tell if Ecco's religious posting is genuine or another one of Ecco's manufactured internet personas to prevent them from getting hurt by the dangerous world of the internets.

Also, one week until I'm out of the military. Feels good.

What are you gonna do when you're finally out of the military?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I wish i could fistfight god

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'd be one of the guys worshipping the beast in revelations, even worse, probably not even the real beast, but the statue of it.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Ok I made another role madness game.

It's got roles that are pretty unique and I think can be fun (especially if you get a particular one and are playing with someone you don't like).

I had Podima look at it and ended up taking his advice so it's not as terrible as it otherwise would have been.

13 players, Bloodbath Mafia

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800256

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Mr. F! posted:

What are you gonna do when you're finally out of the military?

Walk right back in and do the same job for twice the salary and half the bullshit while wearing grownup clothes.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I am making a broken unbalanced bastard setup would anyone like to comment and make sure it is not obscenely bad

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Ok I made another role madness game.

It's got roles that are pretty unique and I think can be fun (especially if you get a particular one and are playing with someone you don't like).

I had Podima look at it and ended up taking his advice so it's not as terrible as it otherwise would have been.

13 players, Bloodbath Mafia

im going to play a mafia so you should play with me

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

I am making a broken unbalanced bastard setup would anyone like to comment and make sure it is not obscenely bad

K that's how I make mine so sure

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Poque posted:

im going to play a mafia so you should play with me

u wanna play it i'll put u in bro

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

u wanna play it i'll put u in bro

yeah put me in deep

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Poque posted:

yeah put me in deep

i feel u, u in

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

i feel u, u in

rad

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

wtf SA ate my post

hit me with this

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

redneck nazgul posted:

Walk right back in and do the same job for twice the salary and half the bullshit while wearing grownup clothes.

The military dream

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This Game has a Hypercharger

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 28, 2020

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Haha, yeah right, like they'll ever make an inexpensive shoe that is both comfortable and long lasting.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

CCKeane posted:

Haha, yeah right, like they'll ever make an inexpensive shoe that is both comfortable and long lasting.

Buy skate shoes they're mega durable

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

You, my friend, can and will find that shoe!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

For what it's worth, I think religion can be tied to doing good, and a lot of people I know who have deep faith are remarkably conscientious about bettering the world around them, and religion gives them a sense of universal community that provides a lens to focus their empathy. I also know some people who attend Church regularly, make a big show of offering prayer to people in need, and do very little else to make things better.

In conclusion, arguing about religion is very silly because we all know Catholicism is the best because cannibalism is a rite AND IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE THE COMMUNION WAFER IS LITERALLY THE BODY OF CHRIST YOU ARE A HERETIC.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

Buy skate shoes they're mega durable

Tried it, didn't work.

Max posted:

Someday I'll find my sole mate.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

I prophesy that CCKeane will find such a shoe, but 'twill be one shoe and never two.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Keane I'm playing in a mafia come play

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

CCKeane posted:

Tried it, didn't work.

Someday I'll find my sole mate.

The brand that I like for skate shoes went out of business because the shoes were so durable. I wore a pair of their shoes literally every day for 2 years until the sole started coming off

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Need 1 more.

You will not regret joining :)

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

If god is real then explain how busb exists

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

The brand that I like for skate shoes went out of business because the shoes were so durable. I wore a pair of their shoes literally every day for 2 years until the sole started coming off

I don't think I've had a shoe last more than a half year of daily use. I'm VERY hard on shoes. It's a problem!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

CCKeane posted:

I don't think I've had a shoe last more than a half year of daily use. I'm VERY hard on shoes. It's a problem!

lift your feet when you walk