Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
PWG presents Mystery Vortex IV on December 16th.
Tickets go on sale this Thursday at 8pm PST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I agree with the six man being a bit of a letdown with all of the problems, even if the ending sequence was just nutso. Homicide didn't really do anything for the entire match.

The tag title match was fun even if Fickett messed up the SSP position twice. Trevor Lee is so drat good that he can save anything.

For me, the match of the night was Trent and ZSJ. They tore the house down, and made up for the annoying fans behind me yelling every British thing they could think of to try to get Zack to look at them. I pissed Elgin off after his promo by asking what Hiroshi would think of his cheapshot and he invited me into the ring. Wrestling's not real, but it is still terrifying having a man that strong invite you to fight him.

Main event was really good but could have used a touch more legwork to make the knee giving out seem less sudden. Still, I loved the finish because Hero's weight was such an advantage in the match and it ended up being to his detriment in the end.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Does anyone know the max amount of tickets PWG lets one person purchase? I am potentially looking at a group of 7 that wants to go.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Big Mike getting off to a running start

https://twitter.com/glorypro2017/status/803413444082995200

He's also being openly courted on twitter by FloSlam which I hope works out because I want to see his shows

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Deathlove posted:

What'd Lo Ki do to himself? One minute he was in the ring and the next he was gone on the side of the ring for like, five minutes..

Based on what he did on the ring edge it was something with his foot/calf/knee. He was doing calf raises with that leg and had tied a bandanna around the bottom of the knee for support.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Dr. Baker posted:

Does anyone know the max amount of tickets PWG lets one person purchase? I am potentially looking at a group of 7 that wants to go.

You shouldn't have a problem with getting seven. I've had friends go for more. But beware tickets are going to go really fast.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

The_Rob posted:

You shouldn't have a problem with getting seven. I've had friends go for more. But beware tickets are going to go really fast.

Thanks brah. I hope Matt Riddle is there.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

AAW Season Tickets just went on sale. :rip: my wallet...

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Pinwiz11 posted:

AAW Season Tickets just went on sale. :rip: my wallet...

Danny Daniels just got a five-hundo PayPal from me, boo-urns

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

oatgan posted:

Big Mike getting off to a running start

https://twitter.com/glorypro2017/status/803413444082995200

He's also being openly courted on twitter by FloSlam which I hope works out because I want to see his shows

That sounds amazing

Also he teased himself vs Jeff Cobb iirc and I want that p bad

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

BlueArmyMan posted:

That sounds amazing

Also he teased himself vs Jeff Cobb iirc and I want that p bad

The thing he mentioned on twitter was Strong BJ and Jeff Cobb vs War Machine and Michael Elgin which sounds amazing

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

wow a new dream match I didn't know I wanted.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5ACg-8NUNw

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

As far as indie posters go, at least I can read that one and the information is organized well.

I got an indie poster on my chair at an ROH show in Columbus once and they forgot to include the date of the show.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Michael Elgin is incredibly earnest about his new promotion and it is super adorable

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bard Maddox posted:

Michael Elgin is incredibly earnest about his new promotion and it is super adorable

There are few things more endearing than veteran wrestlers who avoid becoming jaded and still love wrestling. I think I like Tommy Dreamer for that reason, actually, even though he's not what I'd call a good wrestler (throws good worked punches, though).

For those of you who have Highspots, I found an interesting one-off show featuring a couple future stars from '98 (also King Kong Bundy)

https://www.highspotswrestlingnetwork.com/media/pennsylvania-championship-wrestling-(6-19-98)/56592

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 29, 2016

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

There are few things more endearing than veteran wrestlers who avoid becoming jaded and still love wrestling. I think I like Tommy Dreamer for that reason, actually, even though he's not what I'd call a good wrestler (throws good worked punches, though).

For those of you who have Highspots, I found an interesting one-off show featuring a couple future stars from '98 (also King Kong Bundy)

https://www.highspotswrestlingnetwork.com/media/pennsylvania-championship-wrestling-(6-19-98)/56592

This card looks really interesting

Pennsylvania Championship Wrestling (6/19/98)
Reading, PA
Persian Prince vs. Tommy Golden
Joe Rules & Chris Krueger vs. Soul Brothers
J.R. Ryder vs. Armageddon
Jeff Peterson vs. Mr. OOH LA LA
Christian Cage vs. Lance Diamond
Don Montoya & Peligro vs. King Kong Bundy
Mike Quackenbush vs. Jihad Hussein
Edge (Sexton Hardcastle) vs. Glenn Osbourne
Julio Sanchez vs. Tiger Kahn

Wish highspots did a better job with dating their videos correctly on the network.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

This card looks really interesting

Pennsylvania Championship Wrestling (6/19/98)
Reading, PA
Persian Prince vs. Tommy Golden
Joe Rules & Chris Krueger vs. Soul Brothers
J.R. Ryder vs. Armageddon
Jeff Peterson vs. Mr. OOH LA LA
Christian Cage vs. Lance Diamond
Don Montoya & Peligro vs. King Kong Bundy
Mike Quackenbush vs. Jihad Hussein
Edge (Sexton Hardcastle) vs. Glenn Osbourne
Julio Sanchez vs. Tiger Kahn

Wish highspots did a better job with dating their videos correctly on the network.

I thought that date might be wrong, I feel like Edge was on WWE TV by '98

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I thought that date might be wrong, I feel like Edge was on WWE TV by '98

Edge as Edge started on WWE TV 3 days after that card.

He was part time or developmental before that.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
evolve 74 card is up

quote:

EVOLVE Tag Team Championship Match
Catch Point of Tracy Williams & Fred Yehi defend vs. Ricochet & Peter Kaasa

Special Challenge Match
Cody vs. Ethan Page w/ The Gatekeepers

Special Attraction Match
Chris Hero vs. Dick Togo

The Rivalry Comes To EVOLVE
Matt Riddle vs. Jeff Cobb

Special Attraction Match
Drew Gulak vs. Jaka

David vs. Goliath
Darby Allin vs. Brian Cage

Bonus Match
DUSTIN vs. Chris Dickinson

never seen Evolve before but excited about this card. Brian Cage!!!

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Is Gabe trying to kill Darby Allin?

EDIT I'll probably be there. The top non Page matches all look really fun.

Willninho fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 30, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Card's absolutely worth it just for Hero/Togo

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Willninho posted:

Is Gabe trying to kill Darby Allin?

EDIT I'll probably be there. The top non Page matches all look really fun.

In fairness, I'd say it's more accurate to say that Darby Allin is trying to kill Darby Allin, dude's got a serious death wish.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I've seen Brian Cage gently caress up a lot of catches so he's definitely capable of granting that death wish.

Although I guess even a botched catch would still break a guy's fall, provided he doesn't drop Allin directly on his head or something.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm surprised no one's got their head caught in the guardrails.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

I'm surprised no one's got their head caught in the guardrails.

Well there was Hot Sauce at Evolve 65...

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Shite: https://twitter.com/DaveMuscarella/status/804462450653458433

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I haven't actually had to buy tickets from the PWG site in a long time. When does the ticket page go up? I don't see anything for tickets.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The_Rob posted:

I haven't actually had to buy tickets from the PWG site in a long time. When does the ticket page go up? I don't see anything for tickets.

Usually the image in the center of the front page is a link with the upcoming card with ticket information. The PayPal links don't go live until they're on sale. Right now that space is still an ad for BOLA DVDs.

-edit-

they haven't updated the tickets page at all from BOLA but they tweet a link when the show goes on sale its insane to me how simultaneously high profile and low rent a lot of their operation is, which does come with a lot of charm but so many little things could be done to much this a much better experience as a customer

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/tickets/

oatgan fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 2, 2016

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

oatgan posted:

Usually the image in the center of the front page is a link with the upcoming card with ticket information. The PayPal links don't go live until they're on sale. Right now that space is still an ad for BOLA DVDs.

-edit-

they haven't updated the tickets page at all from BOLA but they tweet a link when the show goes on sale its insane to me how simultaneously high profile and low rent a lot of their operation is, which does come with a lot of charm but so many little things could be done to much this a much better experience as a customer

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/tickets/

Thanks. I usually have a friend who handles tickets because she is great at getting them, but her and her bf are going to be in Japan when the show is going on so I'm on my own.

Honestly the ticket things I think can only be done so well with the demand and everything. But there could def be better organization with their lines and how they let people in.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

is SHIMMER on any of the networks? Seems insane no one's picked that up. There's a ton of history in those volumes.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Got two tickets for mystery vortex. Can't wait I love mystery shows.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Got mine as well. Hopefully this show is anywhere near as good as the last two Mystery Vortices!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I feel like it being the last show of the year, and it being their first show in a while it's going to be real good. Also Scrull vs ZSJ is going to rule.

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
I'm at MCW's Final Battle in Thornbury tonight.

Features Evie, Mr Juicy, JXT, TMDK, and Dowie James taking on Elliott Sexton for the MCW Championship. Go Dowie!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Dr. Dirt posted:

I'm at MCW's Final Battle in Thornbury tonight.

Features Evie, Mr Juicy, JXT, TMDK, and Dowie James taking on Elliott Sexton for the MCW Championship. Go Dowie!

I wonder if this is Evie's last MCW or indie match.

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!

rovert posted:

I wonder if this is Evie's last MCW or indie match.

If it was, it was one hell of a send-off! An absolutely brutal Last Woman Standing match against Kelly Anne. I'm currently catching my breath waiting for the second half of the show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

is SHIMMER on any of the networks? Seems insane no one's picked that up. There's a ton of history in those volumes.

They seem to exist in this odd limbo state, where they were originally kinda affiliated with ROH, but not really, and now just kind of sit as their own thing. (I'm amazed that ROH still doesn't have a women's belt, considering when SHIMMER launched I assumed they'd just start recognising that title as basically the ROH women's one)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is Prazak on bad terms with ROH as a whole?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz-L posted:

They seem to exist in this odd limbo state, where they were originally kinda affiliated with ROH, but not really, and now just kind of sit as their own thing. (I'm amazed that ROH still doesn't have a women's belt, considering when SHIMMER launched I assumed they'd just start recognising that title as basically the ROH women's one)

Shimmer started because of IWA-MS and ROH not booking enough women. The first few cards were essentially whoever wasn't booked that weekend.

I have 0 idea what's going on their political front and why they aren't working with other promotions more. Could be Prazak being stubborn?