Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

marshmallow creep posted:

My friends are trying to do Pacific Standard and were curious how to correctly do the Karuma trick. I've done it legitimately before, but I'm hoping that I can get my friends a relatively painless payout.

So someone correct me if I'm missing something, but from what I've read:

• You need to own the apartment near where the bikes are stowed. May not actually be required but much more useful than trying to get to any other apartment.
  • The apartment owner needs to own an armored Karuma and have it assigned to that garage.
  • You need the money bag carrier to step out of the bank long enough to trigger the waypoints for the escape route, and then have them duck back in.
  • The others (the car owner is enough, really) need to go to where the bikes are. Destroying the bikes is optional? I've seen videos of it with and without destroying the bikes. Also some sources say the car owner must be in the Crowd Control role--the Hacker would not be able to make it work.
  • The car owner needs to climb up to where their apartment front door is located and go in. They can buzz in their friends in if they like but it's not necessary? I've read that there can be some inconsistency about getting into your apartment at this step?
  • Take the Karuma back to the bank and collect Mr. or Mrs. Moneybags for the trip up the mountain.

Do I have any misapprehensions in this list?

I could've sworn the Kuruma needed to be in a specific car slot too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

FuturePastNow posted:

Surprised it took so long, but all my saved outfits got deleted. Jerks.

What is the deal with this anyway? I don't follow this thread that close anymore but still play semi regularly and got hit with this a couple weeks back.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Corzaa posted:

Unless I unknowingly did this by coincidence this is not the case... in that rare chance, my kuruma is in what I would call slot #2.

Not sure if coupe mentioned it but afaik the best place for the money bag man is in the back seat, holding the button to crouch to minimize any possibly of a stray bullet.

e:

Duke Chin posted:

What is the deal with this anyway? I don't follow this thread that close anymore but still play semi regularly and got hit with this a couple weeks back.

I'm not sure exactly how it happens, but it appears to be a glitch & not so much "they're taking my outfits away!" No idea how exactly the glitch triggers though. I think it has something to do with outfit select screens on jobs that have them.. I haven't purposely tried to trigger it, but every time I've lost my outfits has been in the middle of a heist & always when I'm holding the push to talk button in between the heist lobby & the outfit select screen.

YET ANOTHER FAG fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Nov 26, 2016

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Vladimir Putt-Putt posted:

dont do things that have been explicitly stated to get you banned and then whine about it when it happens maybe? hth

Thanks for this excellent post.
Hthththththtgththtgtgth

Corzaa posted:

It does not. And titties method is the super boring version. Leave the bagman at the bank by himself so the other three dudes at least get to shoot some cops.

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Nov 26, 2016

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Zigmidge posted:

And titties method is the super boring version. Leave the bagman at the bank by himself so the other three dudes at least get to shoot some cops.

yeah if ur kuruma driver is any good you'll have plenty of time to click cops AND drive the kuruma but standing in the bank is boring as gently caress so we just leave that to moneybags

i didn't mention titties method cause it seemed like marshmallow had watched vids about the normal kuruma trick. I didn't want to confuse him so he could look like a pro in front of his friends :)

Corzaa posted:

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Unless I unknowingly did this by coincidence this is not the case... in that rare chance, my kuruma is in what I would call slot #2.

Not sure if coupe mentioned it but afaik the best place for the money bag man is in the back seat, holding the button to crouch to minimize any possibly of a stray bullet.

the kuruma doesn't need to be in any particular slot in the garage but the best seat for moneybags is gonna be the rear passenger seat imo

coupedeville fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 26, 2016

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Had to flatten and reinstall my OS, can someone post the discord info please?

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Kerosene19 posted:

Had to flatten and reinstall my OS, can someone post the discord info please?

https://discord.gg/u4Zdvpg

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Zigmidge posted:

titties method is the super boring version.

Which makes it the only appropriate one for this game

alternatively: that's what she said

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Alternate Alternatively: one of the other two gunmen "helpers" invariably gets shot n killed before they make it to the bike checkpoint

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Duke Chin posted:

Alternate Alternatively: one of the other two gunmen "helpers" invariably gets shot n killed before they make it to the bike checkpoint

Not where I'm from.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Duke Chin posted:

if thats the case you should be asking yourself why you're playing with people who are bad at video games, not looking for alternatives that are easier for scrubs :viggo:

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
goons are really bad at videogames

which is good in a game like gta where the goal is to see who can explode the prettiest so you can hit that share button

or whatever button PC players have, maybe it's also a share button!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Finally got myself a PS4 copy in the black friday sale, transferred my old characters over, still have my dead hooker money and am still in LLJK.

Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea what to do next. Last time I played was pre-heists, like 4th of July update back on 360. Any advice for how to try and get back into things?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Finally got myself a PS4 copy in the black friday sale, transferred my old characters over, still have my dead hooker money and am still in LLJK.

Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea what to do next. Last time I played was pre-heists, like 4th of July update back on 360. Any advice for how to try and get back into things?

add the ps4 regulars to your rockstar friends and check this thread for get togethers. they seem to have a fun time.

in the meantime you should probably check out those heists (you can join someone elses as muscle or buy an apartment with a heist planning room and launch your own) they're pretty well made. the order is; fleeca, prison break, series a, humane labs then pacific standard.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

i guess you could say, Bird ... took out the trash? :ocelot:

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I'm malakai713 on ps4, I play sometimes still when I have time

Send me a friend thing and put LLJK in the msg or something please

Also your av is cool I remember that adult swim thing, it was Art

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Hugh Malone posted:

too many cooks

also I can confirm that Hugh Malone is a cool and chill goonbro who is fun to play games with

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
does moop still play tell him I miss him

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

ArtIsResistance posted:

does moop still play tell him I miss him

Yeah but I'm not telling him poo poo

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

The Buzzard is on sale for half price.

If you don't own a Buzzard, you should buy it now.

If you don't have enough money or are too low level, you have about a week to grind Pacific Standard every chance you can (with goons) or do missions to level up to rank 43.

Get it. It's worth it.

If you prefer to get your GTA opinions from reddit instead of goons, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/gtaonline/comments/5flgf8/the_buzzard_is_on_sale_dont_ask_just_buy_it/ for exactly what I posted only longer.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 30, 2016

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I haven't played since cunning stunts. Anything interesting happen in this game since then?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Yeah, a motorcycle overdose.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Zigmidge posted:

Yeah, a motorcycle overdose.

I'm pretty sure I bankrupted myself buying all the cars and motorcycles from cunning stunts. :sigh:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Well, now you can take out a loan for shark cards to buy expensive motorcycle club properties, bikes and outfits. Free roam is where it's at, these days.

Besides that and the usual new vehicle every two weeks there are a handful of new adversarial and deathmatch modes.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Hugh Malone posted:

Yeah, I think I remember you from way back when we all used to do the Action News updates:

http://weazelactionnews.tumblr.com

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60055/GTA-Online-Import-Export-Coming-December

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
60 vehicle storage? I am wet.

Custom auto shop too? So you can maybe mod your cars in your own garage?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
It's so frustrating that so much of this new content is gatekept behind a money barrier. I don't play the game that often and will likely never have enough money to be a CEO or a weedlord.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 2, 2016

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Montalvo posted:

It's so frustrating that so much of this new content is gatekept behind a money barrier. I don't play the game that often and will likely never have enough money to be a CEO or a weedlord.

If you've only got a couple hours a day, that's enough to do a Pacific Standard which will net you about $300,000 - $350,000. There's usually goons ready to heist in the evenings so pop in to Discord. Alternately, you can just be a helper like me and experience the missions/sells without the headache of watching some idiot crash land your sell plane and losing half of a warehouse!

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

You confuse me with the good Doctor Tim Whateley, you cur.

TSBX posted:

If you've only got a couple hours a day, that's enough to do a Pacific Standard which will net you about $300,000 - $350,000. There's usually goons ready to heist in the evenings so pop in to Discord. Alternately, you can just be a helper like me and experience the missions/sells without the headache of watching some idiot crash land your sell plane and losing half of a warehouse!

Do PS4 people hang out in the Discord?

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Montalvo posted:

Oh...Uhh. I've seen titties once or twice in there?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Montalvo posted:

You confuse me with the good Doctor Tim Whateley, you cur.

No sir, I post that in all seriousness as panacea for your time.

Every now and then. Not as an organized thing or anything, a few pop in from time to time to chat. It's open if you guys want to have a place to organize though I imagine PSN offers something.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I'm old, what's discord?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
^^ It's like a shittier mumble/teamspeak

I seriously hope this isn't just some ramp car that spawns on specific missions, but something I can buy and drive around the gameworld at any time, and also modify in the garage.

edit: vv I'm sure it runs fine for you all, but my PC was rock solid for years until right around when I installed Discord. Despite telling it to not run at startup, it asks my permission to run every time I restart, presumably to check its settings to see if the user requested it to run at startup or not because if I tell it okay it can run, it doesn't actually start up. Most annoying is that I've had several Explorer crashes since it's installation, where previously I'd only have to restart for windows 7 updates once a month. Sorry I'm not in love with this buggy web 2.0 interface with its hilarious startup memes :P

davebo fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Dec 2, 2016

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I'm old, what's discord?

Voice chat client. Has a text chat portion of it which we find useful to organize around.

davebo posted:

i hate change

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

davebo posted:

^^ It's like a shittier mumble/teamspeak

I seriously hope this isn't just some ramp car that spawns on specific missions, but something I can buy and drive around the gameworld at any time, and also modify in the garage.

excuse me it's called a flip car, have you no shame? owen shaw would be disappointed

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
I hope for some neato Xmas vehicles packaged in with all the armored Boxvilles and aquatic quadbikes :yum:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

I hope for some neato Xmas vehicles packaged in with all the armored Boxvilles and aquatic quadbikes :yum:

The aquatic quadbike what now??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I can't wait until every loving supercar theft mission is "drive across map, get into truck that's towing fast cars, drive truck back across the map"

• Locked thread