Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

Solarin posted:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

I am going to keep this short; though I did consider writing a blog.

First of all, I have been around and an Internet Warlord for decades now. I know the drill. I've seen flamewars errupt and evolve from BBS teletype, to badly formatted Usenet postings, to articulate blogs.

I am well versed in the ways of online discourse.

I do not support, condone, nor engage in Baby Animals.

Aside from the fact that the law is very clear on Baby Animals.

Back in 2013, I wrote a primer on it in fact.

And there are additional resources on specifically this, what is legal, illegal etc. READ:

Baby Animals: It’s Like Hacking, But Legal

The Problem With “Baby Animals”

The Illegal Activity of “Baby Animals”: Revealing “documents or personal information” about a person, without their permission, with the intent to Threaten, Harass, Intimidate, Shame, Humiliate or Place at Risk

Basically, the Baby Animals and stalking laws are
quote:
About doing things which endanger a person's safety or which encourage others to attack a person or their family

Pointing out someone's social media page, isn't Baby Animals.

Pointing out that person A is really person B under an alias, isn't Baby Animals.

Posting material that the person themselves made public, isn't, never was, and never will be, Baby Animals.

If the above were Baby Animals, every single person in the media would be guilty of having committed a crime.

What MoMa did here months ago, was Baby Animals. And it's 100% legally actionable. He posted that I had a traffic citation. There was no context or reason for it to be here in a forum where we're making fun of grown men buying JPEG space ships. He posted it with malice, and with the intent to harass and harm. The only thing he didn't do, was post the actual citation itself; but anyone incited by his posting, could very well go seek it out for themselves. They never knew about it before he posted it.

I didn't dox Deloria (now banned). Though the post has been removed here, it is still on my website (post # 4905) for anyone who cares to go and read it for themselves.

All I did was out a scammer using material they themselves posted here (e.g. this post) and on social media.

Period. End of story.

There are NO rules on SA which prohibit what I did. Not a single one. Don't take my word for it though, here, go read all the rule pages

Then A KITTEN, after emerging from what I can only imagine must have been a meltdown recovery process, switched from "Baby Animals" to "helldumping". Which, to me - and anyone with a brain that's in working condition - was hilarious; seeing as the latter isn't even an SA rule. That aside from the fact that the very notion of "helldumping" is so far removed from "Baby Animals", that in and of itself, is NOT a bannable offense. Probation? Yeah, maybe' it depends on the mod.

The fact of the matter is that since A KITTEN tried to close down this forum - and failed; he's been gunning for me because not only did I have it brought back, but I was made mod. Heck, we just had yet another spat mere months ago over this same thing.

This sub-forum is moderated on a honor system. As a mod, I never had to take any action other than probating some people (4) when they cross the line. Once, after several probates, I probated someone for 30 days. I didn't perma-ban.

This sub-forum has never - ever - broken ANY of the SA rules. We encourage off-topic posts (recipes, memes etc) because it breaks from the monotony of making GBS threads on Baby Animal post and Shitizens 24-7.

A LOT of people followed me to SA and paid 10 bux to be able read what I post, interact, find the lols etc. That too is a solid fact.

Yet, somehow, for some bullshit reason, A KITTEN is of the opinion that I am not a "good" mod. The regulars here and I had a good laugh about that on on Discord, for the sheer hilarity of it. And when pressed, like the absentee landlord, he simply couldn't point out a SINGLE reason WHY he thinks I'm not a "good" mod. Not one.

Aside from the fact that I didn't even ask to be a loving mod. In much the same way that Beer4TheBeerGod and Beet Wagon didn't get asked either. He made them mods, then installed an IK buffoon who subsequently shat up my nice sub-forum, while attracting all the rear end-clowns from FYAD and elsewhere - and who otherwise didn't even know we existed here in our niche corner.

This is bullshit. What the gently caress is the matter with you people; that a forum with such HIGH TRAFFIC and quality posters who are otherwise behaving themselves and abiding by the rules, can't be left alone?!? The money is going into Lowtax's coffers, so what do you care, and why be salty about it?

Look, I am not a stranger to being banned. Heck, I was banned TWICE on FDev for breaking the rules. And in both cases, it was a matter of a "shady" areas in which 1) I was using asterisk to bypass the bad word filter 2) I posted material from here on SA

So, if I had somehow broken an SA rule, and been banned as a result, it won't have been any big deal. I would pay the 10 bux, re-reg, and get right back into the poo poo-posting.

As I am 100% certain (and I have high priced attorneys who ensure that I don't do/say stupid poo poo that will get me arrested or sued) that I hadn't broken an SA rule, let alone guilty of Baby Animals, I refused to re-reg on principle alone. And I made that clear to everyone who asked.

As the regulars here on my Discord can attest to, I said that I wasn't coming back here unless the ban was reversed. Then a group (7 at last count) of people (one of them being a backer here on SA who I had saved money by helping him get a Baby Animal post refund) offered to pay the 10 bux if I came back. I still refused. Then some made the case that as long as I wasn't the one paying the 10 bux, it won't break my principles and that I should consider it.

So I did.

And here I am.

Nevertheless, seeing as there is a mod actively holding a grudge and who I believe is going to keep finding ways to either get me probated, banned or who I believe wants to see the forum die, I won't be as prolific a poster as I used to be because this is bullshit.

I'm An Internet Warlord too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Paramemetic posted:

Ground flooring this poo poo, now is my chance to be a top poster

See, I think this whole thing was rigged. All the little loser non-posters bribed the mods to close the old thread so they could see their name in lights and not try to top the hours and hours of hard hard work by top tier shitposters like myself. Well, all I can say is enjoy it while it lasts, because Samizdata is here to gently caress you up and sit soundly in the middle of the pack, asshats!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Meridian posted:

Don't worry, there are multiple in game ways to fix your mistake in game.

…which funnily enough is almost the exact opposite of what's going on at CIG, where there are multiple games in which to make mistakes.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
moma I am currently drinking a 2012 c. montelena chardonnay with some cheap fish tacos

thought you should know

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

Has anyone said 'ManofManyAnuses' yet?

edit: I, for one, am glad of the fresh start.

Glad your parents are here to share in this new thread with you too.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

TheAgent posted:

I started final fantasy a gaijin doubter

but it's seriously pretty darn good

I completed 7, 8 and 10 once, 12 three times (it was a christmas vacation ritual, once every years). I tried real hard to like 13 but the completely nonsensical plot and "bolted on rails" storyline made me quit after maybe 12-13 hours of gameplay.

Does 15 somehow redeem 13 or is it just the same with prettyer graphics ?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tippis posted:

Yeah, I only bring up nVidia because of the 1993 connection and what we've arrived at today in terms of market share — the GeForce 256 didn't come out until, what? '98-'99:ish, and that was the end of the old 3D add-on cards — on-chip hardware T&L had arrived.

TIE Fighter was essentially the 2.0 of X-Wing: take everything that worked, refine it, and make one of the best games in the genre for a long time. However, the initial version didn't use any of that tech, iirc (although the first Voodoo was released that year). They made a (significantly) updated version for the Collector's CD Edition in 1998, running on Windows, and I think that's when they squeezed in 3D acceleration and all the other good stuff. So it may have coincided with the GeForce launch, if that's what you're thinking of?

The other important year would otherwise be 1996 (but then I'd have to rant about Wing Commander IV instead): the year of Quake, Duke 3D, Civ II, Super Mario 64, Diablo, Warcraft II… aaaand Tomb Raider. Why does TR get a special mention? Because it is commonly credited as the first major title to come with 3D acceleration support built in from the start rather than as a later patch or addition (which is why I'm curious about the details of TIE Fighter… but then, Descent (1995) didn't have acceleration either so the TR claim is probably accurate). Even Quake had to wait a year until GLQuake was released.

Also, speaking of NVidia, and Voodoo, NVidia hired a lot of 3Dfx engineers, IIRC, and there is still some tech created by 3Dfx in modern day NVidia products.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

moma I am currently drinking a 2012 c. montelena chardonnay with some cheap fish tacos

thought you should know

Nothing like some good Napa chardonnay to wash down mediocre-broiled fish tacos (I'm assuming broiled because I don't picture you much the fry-type).

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
here's my FF story

I played the first one, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10

beat all of them but was meh/ugh for a few of them

13 I couldn't get through the first two hours, it was awful

15 starts off and you think "oh god more of this incomprehensible poo poo" but then your non homo bros are taking selfies and cooking fries and talking about you getting married to some vagina haver and suddenly the game is good??

cindy is obviously what every gay man hates about breeders so I can forgive that bit of subversive character design

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Simple.

Elegant.

Functional.

Also, gently caress Madcatz for killing Saitek, and leaving me with a perfectly functional Eclipse 3 I can't use under Windows 10.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Oh hey, new thread. As a somewhat musician I have written over the last year some songs and parodies that traced events as they occurred to goons. Just to make it easier to find, here they all are, with lyrics where appropriate.

Dancey Cat Hoedown
Dancey Cat Hoedown Remix
lyrics

Fun hoedown but needs revision since SM keeps reappearing and disappearing.

Everyone Asked Why

RIP David Bowie. Monkey balls.

Brand New Shitizen
Brand New Shitizen Dark Remix
lyrics

New Order meets the Wurzels

Chris of Parp
lyrics

RIP Leonard Cohen.

See You In The Verse Commando

Game loop earworm.

CIG

Cool immersion gameplay. Is cool, so cool.

Snuff Citizen

It's not a real game.

When I'm Codin' Jpegs
lyrics

RIP George Formby.

Star Harvest
lyrics

Reggae Neil Young.

Mr Parpman
lyrics

RIP Andrew Sisters.

Found A Parp
lyrics

RIP Talking Heads

Ben The Stalker
lyrics

RIP Michael Jackson.

Tainted Smart
lyrics

Everyone loves Derek Smart.

Commandos Spacecatte Photon Smash Mix

More game loop earworm.

Parp
lyrics

You make jpegs to sell some poo poo.

Toastman
lyrics

Speaking of poo poo, RIP Beatles.

Immersion
lyrics

RIP Heaven 17

I Bought A Lot Of Ships To Get Where I Am
lyrics

You gotta buy some ship to get ahead.

Right
lyrics

Derek Smart Is Right

Refundin
lyrics

Imagine if the Hilltop Hoods were really poo poo and did covers.

Rising Star
Rising Star Addendum #1
lyrics

RIP Lee Marvin.

The Mess
lyrics

RIP Grandmaster Flash.

Oh Chris
Oh Chris Cinerama Stereo Mix
lyrics

Saint Chris, his miracles to perform.

And to celebrate the new thread, a parody I did ages ago but never got around to releasing:

* lyrics
* Fun, excitement, really wild things.
* More RIP Beatles.
* Cheesy synth.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 2, 2016

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

TheAgent posted:

here's my FF story

15 starts off and you think "oh god more of this incomprehensible poo poo" but then your non homo bros are taking selfies and cooking fries and talking about you getting married to some vagina haver and suddenly the game is good??

cindy is obviously what every gay man hates about breeders so I can forgive that bit of subversive character design

Alright, I am sold.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Samizdata posted:

See, I think this whole thing was rigged. All the little loser non-posters bribed the mods to close the old thread so they could see their name in lights and not try to top the hours and hours of hard hard work by top tier shitposters like myself. Well, all I can say is enjoy it while it lasts, because Samizdata is here to gently caress you up and sit soundly in the middle of the pack, asshats!

It was collusion I tell you! Except this new thread means I'm probably gonna lose my spot in the top five haha. Kayak is gonna be so disappointed in me!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nothing like some good Napa chardonnay to wash down mediocre-broiled fish tacos (I'm assuming broiled because I don't picture you much the fry-type).
I'm fat as hell moma

but fried fish tacos are miserable (unless from mutt lynches) so yeah

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

I love this loving useless tracker.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
cindy from the new FF is what japanese businessmen imagine the entire female population of the collegiate midwest looks like

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

TheAgent posted:

here's my FF story

So its like a stag party roadtrip with your crew before you go off to mary the princess ? If the main protagonist is more articulate than Cloud/Squall i could dig that.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
they kinda ain't wrong

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

Enchanted Hat posted:

:five:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

aleksendr posted:

So its like a stag party roadtrip with your crew before you go off to mary the princess ? If the main protagonist is more articulate than Cloud/Squall i could dig that.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Enchanted Hat posted:

Really? :lol:

Please make one of these every month. Make it a little bit slower frame to frame. It should be really something.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
nah Noct (pronounced knocked) is v verbal

but they still do that weird japanese "uuuggghhhhhh??" emotion thing

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Chalks posted:

Just keep posting the good stuff and soon he'll have the whole thread on ignore

That's okay. Derek can't ignore me. As one of his alts, I am the little nagging voice in the back of his head, making terrible jokes when he can't sleep, always there, always shitposting.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

...Whatever.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Meridian posted:

...Whatever.
You wouldn't understand, my pain...

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

The Titanic posted:

:stonk:
:lol:
:golfclap:

This was exactly my mind as I mostly skimmed this. Good job, friend. :)

I am so happy MS word decided A KITTEN should be in all caps because FAU was. Thank you Microsoft first the Xbox one and now this, thank you.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

TheAgent posted:

I prefer them doing what they are good at, even with some grating cultural differences, than have them try to be "west friendly" and result in another Spirit Within,

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

MoMA is steadily improving as a poster while Derek releases official statements instead of legally actionable blogs. You know what when Star Citizen is released to general acclaim I'll play with you MoMA

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

like if someone cooked some fried shrimp I wouldn't gasp in shock

but expect that when
  • equipping a weapon
  • talking to an npc
  • talking to a questgiver
  • petting an animal
  • talking to every girl in this anime

so get used to it

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is true of some people, but I think a lot of us still would love to see the game to become something. I hope it does given the time and money sunk into it.

Though what he's missing is that our "wait and see and laugh" costs $0.00. Where as supporting CIG is apparently in the millions per month. I don't think CIG is putting out millions of dollars of quality content per month to justify that, but that's just my opinion. :shobon:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

fifth_stimpire.txt

I got your back, bra...

Even if all I have is the Fourth...

In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
also the titanic and rasolokinividndhd I hope you don't mind if I go full hentai nosebleed at the next citcon when I meet sandi :3

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Also...

:pgabz: says PAAAAAAAAAARP!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ayn Marx posted:

MoMA is steadily improving as a poster while Derek releases official statements instead of legally actionable blogs. You know what when Star Citizen is released to general acclaim I'll play with you MoMA

I would proudly serve in MoMA's Javelin while he storm's a pirate outpost. I'd sell you all out in the blink of an eye.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

that new thread smell

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

It's a pity Chris didn't stick with the achievable while detailing his fantasy game wishlist.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
we still don't have proof of life for star marine lol aww

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Drunk Theory posted:

Also, call your parents.

I called my mum.
Also, I saved your gif in my collection of SC pics.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
currently slamming flan while sipping $40/shot tequila

life is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

EmesiS posted:

The last 500 years

I'll study them later to extract further prophecies on SC.

Edit: taxxe:

Beexoffel fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 2, 2016