Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Samizdata posted:

Also...

:pgabz: says PAAAAAAAAAARP!

still my favorite by far (and relevant for another month)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
wtf is the point of even having deadlines if you're a month or two late on them?

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
I'll go back to where I was in the thread, http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=6405#post466582323

fakeedit: I'll look for a tax, BRB.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

grimcreaper posted:

So.. when does the spam shitposting begin to get this thread to 6666 as fast as possible? Are we gonna be spamming the stimperial text repeatedly or are we gonna do something classy like the atv transcripts over and over?

:rolleyes: Well... You see... Ummm... Err...

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

TheAgent posted:

currently slamming flan while sipping $40/shot tequila

life is good

Only another two hours until I can get wasted on cheap beer and ransack The Commonwealth. I am very excited.

Might have to pick up XV this weekend though.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Meridian posted:

Only another two hours until I can get wasted on cheap beer and ransack The Commonwealth. I am very excited.

Might have to pick up XV this weekend though.
get FF it's actually p good

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

TheAgent posted:

get FF it's actually p good

Are frames pretty stable?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

TheAgent posted:

life is good

Slamming flan is an excellent way to describe your posting vs moma. Moma is the flan just to be clear

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TheAgent posted:

wtf is the point of even having deadlines if you're a month or two late on them?

Calibration data.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Solarin posted:

Slamming flan is an excellent way to describe your posting vs moma. Moma is the flan just to be clear

I'm picturing MoMA on the bottom. Or is :thejoke:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

In other words, he was due for a walk. Got it.

Derek had Legal on ignore because of the kitchen floor pooping incident.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Meridian posted:

Are frames pretty stable?
ummmm yeah if you're on a ps4 pro kinda

or if you stare at the ground

and the camera sucks

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

life is good

https://twitter.com/ChambersArt/status/804780781809889282

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Now I always feel everybody is entitled to an opinion. Except this one. It's a bad opinion. :3:

I will not agree unconditionally, but overall. Ever seen a fresh hatched Komodo?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Solarin posted:

since moma is asian it wouldn't take much for him to femme up

would slam, but not in a revenge way, I'd cuddle after

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
luckily I'm not in that shot lol

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Raskolnikov posted:

I'm picturing MoMA on the bottom. Or is :thejoke:

I think I just picture moma when I look at this thing. Sweet on the outside, poison like death on the inside. Spongy and weak.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
was also going to mention I ain't paying for poo poo

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

TheAgent posted:

luckily I'm not in that shot lol
That's just what Toast would say. :colbert:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheAgent posted:

These aren't deadlines, they're the internal goals CIG is aiming for.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

The backers will never know.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

So here's a picture of all of the funding to date that I compiled from that community tracking spreadsheet. Warning: Huge.

Red is daily funding (right vertical labels), grey is total funding (left vertical labels), horizontal is date.

I find this very interesting- the rate of funding seems to be on the rise, despite no apparent effort to bring in new backers. Moreover, the three recent big sales were the biggest since 2013, easily exceeding the sales last year after the release of the PU. Five years into fundraising with no substantial release, this is extremely unusual.

One interesting trend is in the daily funding, if you exclude the spikes- there's a definite decline from 2013 through the end of 2015 on day-to-day income, but then in January 16 it hits levels never seen before. Who's spending all this money?

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 2, 2016

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

moma I am currently drinking a 2012 c. montelena chardonnay with some cheap fish tacos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzC1Dn0gqgE

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

TheAgent posted:

The backers will never know. Please order lots of drinks. Then come back to the thread and spill the details.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Sarsapariller posted:

So here's a picture of all of the funding to date that I compiled from that community tracking spreadsheet. Warning: Huge.

Red is daily funding (right vertical labels), grey is total funding (left vertical labels), horizontal is date.

I find this very interesting- the rate of funding seems to be on the rise, despite no apparent effort to bring in new backers. Moreover, the three recent big sales were the biggest since 2013, easily exceeding the sales last year after the release of the PU. Five years into fundraising with no substantial release, this is extremely unusual.

4 more years :cheers:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Sarsapariller posted:

Who's spending all this money?
Who's running the funding tracker?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheAgent posted:

moma I am currently drinking a 2012 c. montelena chardonnay with some cheap fish tacos

thought you should know

See, now that's some MoMA level ambiguity there.....is the fish cheap, or are they cheap tacos?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheAgent posted:

since moma is asian it wouldn't take much for him to femme up

Tell me more. :nallears:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

The important thing is Uncle Kimishima still lets you play all those unreleased Nintendo Switch games that we've never heard about though.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov posted:

The backers will never know. Please order lots of drinks. Then come back to the thread and spill the details.
my gf is already mad at me so mission accomplished

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

MeLKoR posted:

Toast agreed to go on a date with me back in 2014. Before he knew I was a terrible goon leaver. I was thinking the same thing as TheAgent. :v:

TheAgent posted:

my gf is already mad at me so mission accomplished
Good job Commando.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheAgent posted:

Gives you something to look forward to editing I suspect. Give them their little pleasures.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MeLKoR posted:

Lie if need be, but describe Matt Berry in drag.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

ladyboycitizens.relay.sc

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

You wouldn't understand, my pain...

I didn't ask for this.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TheAgent posted:

thought you should know

I am currently drinking iced tea while eating generic Mexican Foot Loops, erm, Aritos De Frutas dry from the bag.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

SelenicMartian posted:

Who's running the funding tracker?

I know the common conspiracy theory is that the funding tracker is rigged, and maybe it is- I don't know. Occam's Razor dictates that it's a lot more likely that something is screwed up with it than that people put in $30 million in new cash, 4 years into this trainwreck.

I bet if I examined the rate of new account creation we would find that it's been declining, and that might give me an idea of how much of the current activity was melting and rebuying from existing backers.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Sarsapariller posted:

One interesting trend is in the daily funding, if you exclude the spikes- there's a definite decline from 2013 through the end of 2015 on day-to-day income, but then in January 16 it hits levels never seen before. Who's spending all this money?

Its the planets. People already see themselve as fearless explorers claiming a homestead, a desire most backers had in real life but where denied by (fate/the economy/republicans/democrats/muslims). What DLC sold more for Skyrim ? Heartfire, the one where you can build a house. Sci-fi fan where burned by NMS but instead of learning most of them decided "This will be No Man Skys done right !" and they keep chasing the dragon tail. People look at the Demo at Gamescon and judge then like they judge big AAA demo at E3 - Ie. We show you something now to be released november/early next year.

The interesting part is that if you divide the 130M$ by half a million backers (the number turbulent released), its only about 65$ a year over 4 years. About a single AAA title, something many would call a resonable spending for a hoby.

And who know ? Maybe SQ42 will be a loving masterpiece revitalizing the genre. Maybe lightning will strike twice. The Pyramyds and the Great Wall show that if you throw enough money and human suffering at a problem great things are possible. Its wastefull and barbaric for the slave doing the works, but your legacy still stand the test of time. Who know what will emerge from this dumpster fire at the end ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

Best post from the old thread:

Wrecked Angle posted:

Guys, I'm having a bit of a dilemma. I've just been on the RSI website and they have this great 'Intro pack'. Might pick this up while I can to get a head start in the PU.

But then that got me thinking that maybe I should buy these instead...

Help me out here goons! Which should I spend my hard earned disposable income on?
Some of the bigger backers (the five figure ones) have spent more on Star Citizen than I will probably spend on games in my entire life.

E:

Flemish Giants are hilarious.

Saladin Rising fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 2, 2016