Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

hard counter posted:

i'm guessing it's a jab at the juvenile content and aesthetics of metal bands, or how they're perceived anyway, focusing especially on their histrionic material and delivery that's perhaps more suited to the grosser tastes of teenagers (who insist Linkin Park's Crawling has more complexity and nuance than the whole of western animation other music and plebs just don't get this)

between hair metal and death metal bands, you run the whole gamut of shonen jump fashion tips for young men while typical subject matter in other sub-genres sometimes include dragons and fantasy book allusions, fedora-tipping ballads to Sagan and hot takes on phil 101 concepts to really seize the trenchcoat wearing market by the balls

Don't forget 'I read a newspaper for the first time the world is bleak and dead and the man is eeeeviiiil'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I don't really think there's anything wrong with liking anime or SU or even MLP. What's weird is making that a large part of your identity.

If you're a creepy gently caress, that's a totally separate quality that might be correlated to liking MLP, but I still don't feel like making fun of someone for watching the show. If they're worth making fun of then they'll give me something specific to work with.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cuntellectual posted:

What does that even mean??

It's kind of like the Dark Souls of music.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Fleetwood Mac is a terrible band.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That new Zelda game might be fun, but nothing they have shown from it is remotely interesting or worth getting worked up over.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

fruit on the bottom posted:

I don't really think there's anything wrong with liking anime or SU or even MLP. What's weird is making that a large part of your identity.

If you're a creepy gently caress, that's a totally separate quality that might be correlated to liking MLP, but I still don't feel like making fun of someone for watching the show. If they're worth making fun of then they'll give me something specific to work with.

There is a distinction between the fans and the weird fans but i think liking stuff like that still says something about you. If you like steven universe for example I think there is maybe a 5% chance we're going to get along, and that is contingent on you never trying to talk to me about the show.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
McDonald's has the best fries.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

MisterBibs posted:

McDonald's has the best fries.

Clearly an unpopular opinion, given the volume of business they do.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

The poo poo/quality ratio of music in the country and rap genres is roughly the same as music in other genres. Saying you listen to "uh anything but country and rap" just lets me know that you listen to anime and video game soundtracks.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

100 degrees Calcium posted:

" just lets me know that you listen to anime and video game soundtracks.

As far anybody sane is considered, those don't count as music.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

100 degrees Calcium posted:

The poo poo/quality ratio of music in the country and rap genres is roughly the same as music in other genres. Saying you listen to "uh anything but country and rap" just lets me know that you listen to anime and video game soundtracks.

I don't think it's a coincidence that these two genres are the ones most closely associated with specific stereotypes and those two genres being the most commonly written off ones.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

I figured it would qualify here since people are generally possessive of their favorite fry choice.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

They're America's favorite french fry, Bibs

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Never preorder video games, never back anything on Kickstarter, never donate to any charity.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Two for three, not bad.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

WampaLord posted:

People can never seem to agree on whether unpopular means unpopular to the entire world or unpopular to the dwindling community of a dead gay comedy forum.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

People can never seem to agree on whether unpopular means unpopular to the entire world or unpopular to the dwindling community of a dead gay comedy forum.

I think half of the people in these threads just use it to post their stream on conscious whether or not it's actually an unpopular opinion.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Some guy is sitting at work " man, ice cream is really cold!" "Better post in the unpopular opinion thread"

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

steinrokkan posted:

Two for three, not bad.

Speaking of, Meatloaf is good. The food and the singer.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

fruit on the bottom posted:

:agreed:

If there were no such thing as mlp there might not be bronies per se but there'd still be the kind of people who fall nose deep into obsession doing some other dumb thing. It's not really damning of the normal fans that these weirdos also exist in their group imuo.

I do, however, think that the creepier fans do lay bare the worst parts of their favorite franchise or whatever - for example extremely left/right autocratics sometimes get real deep into certain science fictions because there's something in those properties that appeals to those sorts and then attracts them in numbers. I don't really criticize people just for their tastes alone, but I can sometimes be critical of the actual franchise for catering to strange tastes. Sometimes a show really does earn the neckbeard of its fanbase when it makes sure to include cheesecake or whatever.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Some guy is sitting at work " man, ice cream is really cold!" "Better post in the unpopular opinion thread"

I think ice cream is too warm.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
I have no strong opinions about Fleetwood Mac.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

veni veni veni posted:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

It's like the MVP argument. Most valuable player to the team, or the league in general?

The_end
May 17, 2014
All of the religiously significant stuff in Israel and Palestine should be bulldozed.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The animation technique of South Park is subtly sublime, and it should be questioned why that format is not employed more often compared to the current trend of 3D animation.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MisterBibs posted:

It's like the MVP argument. Most valuable player to the team, or the league in general?

In the NHL the award specifically says to the team, but they vote to the league anyway.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Any claim that Steven Universe is tumblr sjw propaganda should be dashed by the fact the leading character is a cis white heterosexual male, thus cementing it as guerilla alt right programming.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's fat though.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Well What Now posted:

I have no strong opinions about Fleetwood Mac.

FUUUCK YOUUU

e: after I posted this I realized that in this thread, it's not out of the realm of possibility for someone to take this post seriously.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Any claim that Steven Universe is tumblr sjw propaganda should be dashed by the fact the leading character is a cis white heterosexual male, thus cementing it as guerilla alt right programming.

He literally transforms into a mixed race woman.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The "All Star" intro of Shrek by dreamworkshas more emotional resonance and cultural significance than the "Carl and Ellie's married life together" in Up by pixar.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

The "All Star" intro of Shrek by dreamworkshas more emotional resonance and cultural significance than the "Carl and Ellie's married life together" in Up by pixar.

Of the two obviously cynical cash grab intellectual properties , Cars is the superior series in comparison to Shrek.

Which is it, The Saddest Rhino

I'm beginning to think your posts in this thread are not always 100% serious

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I don't like Let It Go, especially because Love is an Open Door is way catchier.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aramek posted:

Speaking of, Meatloaf is good. The food and the singer.

Guy's voice has been shot to hell for years now. Went to see him in 2010 and he was bellowing and slurring everything.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Caufman posted:

I don't like Let It Go, especially because Love is an Open Door is way catchier.

I just saw Frozen recently and all I could think during that song was "A bunch of white girls probably blast this song when they move out of their parents' house for the first time."

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The Archie comics Sonic is excellent.

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
There should be a licensing process to have children. You should have to apply and be vetted as though you were purchasing a home.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
most people become better people when they become parents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

WampaLord posted:

I just saw Frozen recently and all I could think during that song was "A bunch of white girls probably blast this song when they move out of their parents' house for the first time."

Frozen is by far the worst movie Disney has ever been involved in and is the only one I've seen that I was so displeased with it I turned it off within 20 minutes.