Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Spergatory posted:

I've thought for a while now that it'd be cool to have Zelda games that focused on other pieces of the Triforce and let you play as their respective holders, with tweaked gameplay to match. The Wisdom title would have you play as Zelda and solve physics puzzles with cool magical abilities while defeating enemies with stealth and trickery, and the Power title would be a character-action game made by Platinum where you play as Ganondorf and stylishly kick the poo poo out of your enemies while "solving" dungeons by turning all the doors into rubble. They could even tailor the villains so to show the potential dark side of other Triforce pieces, with kind of a rock-paper-scissors thing going; Zelda would be saving her kingdom from a military coup lead by one of the knights (Wisdom>Courage), and Ganondorf could be liberating his people from deceitful and manipulative Hyrulian Queen who has somehow turned them against him (Power>Wisdom).

Yeah, except Ganondorf's would take place just after he took over Hyrule and you have to decorate his castle like Happy Home Designer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Gorgolflox posted:

Both girls we see are Zelda. Link and Zelda merge and you switch between them
Zelda is Link's sister and both are playable. She wakes him up in the trailer.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is going to be the absolute pinnacle of gaming as we know it. It will, without a doubt, be the greatest game ever made, and will keep that title for an entire decade at minimum.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I can only hope that you can switch between Link and Zelda at the press of the button and that they call out each others names like in Portrait of Ruin

Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
second new video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na1cIOmfBlU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Get it together Bill!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I love accordion bird person

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Wubba lubba dub dub!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
People keep commenting on the framerate having issues but I've watched a bunch of videos and haven't seen any noticeable problems so what exactly are they seeing that I am missing?

Also "coming in 2017" totally means it is being delayed until summer, which is a bummer but I'm already so backed up on games I can't be upset.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
the second video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na1cIOmfBlU has some low-ish framerates but that's pretty normal for a video game in development -- optimization comes last in the gamedev cycle

im just shocked nintendo would use low-fps footage publicly rather than fake it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mabels big day posted:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is going to be the absolute pinnacle of gaming as we know it. It will, without a doubt, be the greatest game ever made, and will keep that title for an entire decade at minimum.

*nods*

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

Mr. Lobe posted:

I love accordion bird person

I think the song he plays is the same as the E3 trailer from June. Am I hearing that right?

Also, Spergatory, I like the way you think. Some POV change-ups would be cool. Hyrule Warriors scratches the itch a little.

But yeah this needs to happen:

RZA Encryption posted:

Ganondorf's would take place just after he took over Hyrule and you have to decorate his castle like Happy Home Designer.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

RZA Encryption posted:

Yeah, except Ganondorf's would take place just after he took over Hyrule and you have to decorate his castle like Happy Home Designer.

The most important part would be choosing the right henchman to run the farm that you take over.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

The most important part would be choosing the right henchman to run the farm that you take over.

Also making sure that you have plenty of fans working in each room, so that you can always... feel the wind... :unsmith:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Gorgolflox posted:

Both girls we see are Zelda. Link and Zelda merge and you switch between them

We call this form... Lelda

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

People keep commenting on the framerate having issues but I've watched a bunch of videos and haven't seen any noticeable problems so what exactly are they seeing that I am missing?

It looks like it's running under 30fps and it's awful to look at. Well, maybe not that low, but it definitely isn't 60.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

No love for Zink?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm reading a lot opinions that the framerate issue may have been a streaming issue.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm reading a lot opinions that the framerate issue may have been a streaming issue.

I seem to remember this issue popping up at the big E3 showing as well?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The "streaming issue" goes away as soon as they enter the much less intensive menu screen so I don't really buy it.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

It looks like it's running under 30fps and it's awful to look at. Well, maybe not that low, but it definitely isn't 60.

I am kind of worried about that for the WiiU, especially with how much slowdown and frame-rate issues there are with Hyrule Warriors. The Switch isn't a huge leap up so it's not like they were planning for BoTW to be a Switch exclusive title I'm pretty sure from the start it was going to be a WiiU game that can also run on the Switch.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

The "streaming issue" goes away as soon as they enter the much less intensive menu screen so I don't really buy it.

Wouldn't it regardless?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Wouldn't it regardless?

The menu screen features a full model of Link who animates at a respectable FPS. Back into the overworld, FPS drops back down. It's not a streaming issue.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Maybe Zelda Link is the Master Sword

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

pentyne posted:

I am kind of worried about that for the WiiU, especially with how much slowdown and frame-rate issues there are with Hyrule Warriors. The Switch isn't a huge leap up so it's not like they were planning for BoTW to be a Switch exclusive title I'm pretty sure from the start it was going to be a WiiU game that can also run on the Switch.

Yeah, I'm hoping this runs at least somewhat better on the Switch because watching this video is headache inducing, this is really drat poor performance. If the whole game is like this I might just sit it out for the Wii U emulator to mature more and get a solid 60fps.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Oh my god you guys are acting like occasional framerate drops are physically painful. Like yeah it isn't great but it isn't the end of the world either. It'll be better on switch

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I must simply not be seeing what the big deal is. Frame rate complaints about these videos and how they're supposedly unplayably bad sound like audiophiles taking about needing thousand dollar monster cables to hear some ineffible quality that I simply can't be bothered to care about.

Game looks amazing to me.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Phimosissy posted:

Same here. I don't get all the whining.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It is a pre-release video of a game still literally months from release. It may be a bit early to go "framerate doomed forever!!"

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ImpAtom posted:

It is a pre-release video of a game still literally months from release. It may be a bit early to go "framerate doomed forever!!"

On a secondary version of the game no less. I'm sure it'll be fine even on Wii U. Nintendo cares about smooth framerates for their games.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Phimosissy posted:

I must simply not be seeing what the big deal is. Frame rate complaints about these videos and how they're supposedly unplayably bad sound like audiophiles taking about needing thousand dollar monster cables to hear some ineffible quality that I simply can't be bothered to care about.

I don't get it either, but I'm hesitant to bin the complaints like I do with fidelity snobs.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lobok posted:

No love for Zink?

Zink only shows up in a non-canon movie.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yeah, I'm hoping this runs at least somewhat better on the Switch because watching this video is headache inducing, this is really drat poor performance. If the whole game is like this I might just sit it out for the Wii U emulator to mature more and get a solid 60fps.

Okay.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

youcallthatatwist posted:

Oh my god you guys are acting like occasional framerate drops are physically painful. Like yeah it isn't great but it isn't the end of the world either. It'll be better on switch

But it wasn't occasional, the whole video is the Wii U straining to render the game.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It is going to be weird when we go through the entire Zelda cycle before the game comes out.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don't wintendo games normally run at 60 fps? Can't imagine they wouldn't strive for the same

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Not really, some do, some don't.

http://nintendo.tumblr.com/post/153959693594/the-legend-of-zelda-30th-anniversary-amiibo-are

Nintendo revealed what the Amiibo do

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

greatn posted:

http://nintendo.tumblr.com/post/153959693594/the-legend-of-zelda-30th-anniversary-amiibo-are

Toon Link confirmed best Amiibo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

greatn posted:

I wonder if the Rare items are exclusive to the amiibo, I wouldn't mind getting outfits of Toon Link and OoT Link.