Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mister Macys posted:

At work, but I'll assume you mean Canada in general.
I'm used to that though. Me and the QC tagged psn/xbl gamertags have always been lumped in with the Northeast anyway.

We lost Seattle as a DataCenter for IW so yeap, Canada got hosed over.

Mill Village posted:

Dedicated servers are meaningless with the laughable netcode COD has now.

It'll be a start at least. Then after applying Dedicated Servers and REMOVING Lag Comp, then you can weed out any laggers who are on a term some people like to call "That McDonald's Wifi".

I get the feeling those people with said connection were the loudest and got the lag comp in in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Emergency patch confirmed.

https://twitter.com/JoeCecot/status/804447696509489153

widespread posted:

We lost Seattle as a DataCenter for IW so yeap, Canada got hosed over.

It'll be a start at least. Then after applying Dedicated Servers and REMOVING Lag Comp, then you can weed out any laggers who are on a term some people like to call "That McDonald's Wifi".

I get the feeling those people with said connection were the loudest and got the lag comp in in the first place.

You need lag comp, the problem is their lag comp is poo poo and really easy to abuse.

People bitched about host pro in MW2, so Activision made the devs start tweaking the netcode. Unfortunately, they just made the netcode more random and easier to abuse.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
They prefer the term "balanced". :colbert:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

IW had a surprise for us in this update, the Drone Package now unlocks at Level 4. I'm so glad I didn't blow my Perma Unlock token on it.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Nooo my token.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Your original edit was more on the nose Carecat; maybe IW did make a typo when they set the original level for the care package.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
If they did they could have tried announcing that before people used an unlock token on it. Like I did, last night :smith:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I prefer high level weapons, to make grinding easier, so my first was the DMR.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mill Village posted:

IW had a surprise for us in this update, the Drone Package now unlocks at Level 4. I'm so glad I didn't blow my Perma Unlock token on it.

lmao are you loving kidding me

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
excuse me while i make 36 twitter accounts to pester devs to give every user a free unlock token

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

If Ace is correct, I'm equidistant between the MO/NY/QC servers (great lakes notwithstanding), which explains why about ~40% of my games are okay, and the rest are poo poo.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mill Village posted:

Wait what. The Drone Package is now right the- one sec.

Fuckin' A. Level 43, Drone Package already unlocked. ENGINEER CLASS IS A GO FOR DEAD SHOOTMANS FUCKIN YEAH.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

excuse me while i make 36 twitter accounts to pester devs to give every user a free unlock token

Reddit is already ablaze with people fuming over this and the fact that you don't earn xp in multi right now due to a bug from the patch.

Have I called this game a piece of poo poo today?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Get in line.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

dont buy infinity ward CoDs

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
The patch notes mention changes to the sentry gun aiming logic, and I think that may have lifted the Vulture out of toilet tier. I got like six medals from one in a match tonight and when an enemy called one in, it didn't feel as trivial to evade. It's still kind of a hovering afterlife machine, but it didn't feel like as much of a parody.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Mill Village posted:

gently caress

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

One sight left (on a sniper... :eng99:) to unlock the Prism reticle.

I hope it's literally a prism, so whenever I ADS with a sight using it the view just goes completely clown colors and I can't see poo poo. I'll pimp out a Fallout with it and give it to Javes as punishment for flipping spawns.

I'm going to have every scope fully completed well before I get done with sniper headshots, they loving suck. Snipers themselves are actually really easy to use, easier than BO3. Some of them have basically zero sway when ads without holding your breath with a ballistic cpu, so you can snapshot with them incredibly easily. Headshots, not so much.

Repeating the cryo mine mantra, changed my opinion of Frontier from 'gently caress this map' to 'haha he switched to blind eye and tac resist to get past my vulture and cryo mine defenses'.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Stux posted:

dont buy infinity ward CoDs

Buy Modern Warfare Remastered, then don't buy any other CoDs ever again

...until Modern Warfare 2 Remastered is out.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

dont buy infinite warfare

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

it is a lovely game

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I bought no man sky again.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

Mister Macys posted:

At work, but I'll assume you mean Canada in general.
I'm used to that though. Me and the QC tagged psn/xbl gamertags have always been lumped in with the Northeast anyway.

Anyone with a QC tag next to their name must be ridiculed and laughed at. Even as a quebec scumbag I am forced to do so.

Also, it's frustrating how IW has yet to make changes to keep the population playing. The Crates have loving awful odds and the daily rewards are INSULTINGLY bad, they need to fix this by january or else this game is done with population wise. As for the lag discussion, I find it embarassing that activision didn't even bother having a west coast server in Canada considering the millions they make off this franchise.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Is anyone else not that bummed by the crate/daily bonus system? Maybe it's because I'm not poopsocking this game.

I plan on playing it on and off til the next CoD comes out and the pace of my progress/the guns and poo poo I've gotten are leaving me pretty satisfied.

I do have the season pass so that may be why I'm chill with the daily bonuses lol

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

trash person posted:

Is anyone else not that bummed by the crate/daily bonus system? Maybe it's because I'm not poopsocking this game.

I plan on playing it on and off til the next CoD comes out and the pace of my progress/the guns and poo poo I've gotten are leaving me pretty satisfied.

I do have the season pass so that may be why I'm chill with the daily bonuses lol

:same: I think I tried going for the camo challenges in MWR but went absurdly negative because I was trying to get the pistols out of the way.

I think I prefer IW's version of camo challenges: As in, start with kills then headshots/double kills/bloodthirsties/etc.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

trash person posted:

Crates are here to stay since at CoD's scale, there are more than enough whales willing to pay. Hell, I'd be fine with guns locked behind boxes if the map packs were free. But map packs aren't free, duplicates seem to be high already, and box-only weapons will probably be released with DLC 1. Plus I don't know if anyone will get enough salvage to unlock more than a handful of Epics via that system. Variants are more fun than useful right now, but it's still depressing knowing that you're not going to play with them unless the RNG gods bless you.

Anyone on PS4 is free to join me in exile with Titanfall 2's free weekend tonight.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

You're crazy if you think the salvage system is somehow worse than AW or BO3. Generous? gently caress no. But you can thank idiots spending hundreds of dollars on video game gambling for the current state of things.

Letting you pick and choose what guns you really care about having is about as friendly as you can expect ATVI to let any of the devs be.

Plus it helps that a lot of the common/rare variants are quite good, there are a few weapons where I use those over the legendary versions, and a lot of the legendary/epic perks are pretty gimmicky.

It's a far cry from BalWarfare or lolfuckyou BO3 crate weapons.

No free maps is horseshit because it splinters the MP community, but this is their advantage for being the top dog, people are willing to pay. You think TF2/Halo are being your best bro giving free maps? No, they're doing it because they aren't number one. As long as cod is the fifa of FPS games, we can expect that trend to continue.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Godzilla07 posted:

Variants are more fun than useful right now, but it's still depressing knowing that you're not going to play with them unless the RNG gods bless you.

Yeah. If I could get enough scrap to get an epic once per prestige, I'd consider that a good balance of spacing out the rewards, making the long term goal feel achievable without luck, and still leaving enough content behind the luck gate.

As is, it's just a way to give unlucky people consolation commons and rares.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

victrix posted:

Letting you pick and choose what guns you really care about having is about as friendly as you can expect ATVI to let any of the devs be.

Until they nerf them, of course. Weapon balance being what it is investing in any weapon is a recipe for suffering.

Like the people who spent a token on care package only to have it changed to lvl 4. Or the Volk which wasn't overpowered at all.

The gameplay is fun but IW is pants on head retarded about keeping the playerbase.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Until they nerf them, of course. Weapon balance being what it is investing in any weapon is a recipe for suffering.

Like the people who spent a token on care package only to have it changed to lvl 4. Or the Volk which wasn't overpowered at all.

The gameplay is fun but IW is pants on head retarded about keeping the playerbase.

Which is why I'm sitting on 10k salvage :ssh:

None of the Epic weapons are remotely necessary. Some of the Legendaries are pretty nice, but those are cheaper if you really want one, and otherwise they drop comparatively often if you're patient and plug away at your 1-2 daily rare crates.

You can do just fine with rare weapons, hell you can do just fine with baseline weapons. I don't see that changing in the future regardless of buffs/nerfs, the weapon balance in this game is pretty tight, there are only a few standouts (and gently caress the loving NV4 gently caress, gently caress, gently caress).

The Volk nerf was idiotic, you can thank ~esports~ for that one. Codpros whined about it, it got kneejerked.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It's hardly much more generous with the top ones costing 6,400, requiring the lower tiers, the daily bonus being about 40 scrap and opening a crate giving you 10-40 scrap. Plus there still are crate only weapons.

BO3 is possibly more generous once they got bribes in. The one thing I will give them is having camo for weapon class instead of the stupid per gun approach.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
I personally quite enjoy the look and overall weapon/character designs in this, the gameplay's is good too in my opinion. I just hate how little salvage we get with dailies and the number of duplicates I am getting with Rare boxes is insane despite me not having even played over 20 hours yet.

This is a personal gripe at the end and I do feel this is a overall better system than AW as a whole and early BO3's.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

BobbyBaudoin posted:

I personally quite enjoy the look and overall weapon/character designs in this, the gameplay's is good too in my opinion. I just hate how little salvage we get with dailies and the number of duplicates I am getting with Rare boxes is insane despite me not having even played over 20 hours yet.

This is a personal gripe at the end and I do feel this is a overall better system than AW as a whole and early BO3's.
Ditto, if Activision could loosen their death-grip on the microtransaction crap and slowing down progression to encourage it, IW could've easily avoided the general 'meh' it got on release.

Titanfall is easier to pick up and play, plus stamping about in a giant robot is always great. IW is just being hamstrung by the bullshit surrounding it.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

limited posted:

Ditto, if Activision could loosen their death-grip on the microtransaction crap and slowing down progression to encourage it, IW could've easily avoided the general 'meh' it got on release.

Titanfall is easier to pick up and play, plus stamping about in a giant robot is always great. IW is just being hamstrung by the bullshit surrounding it.

I don't see them loosening up soon. If anything, they might consider doubling down because of the lower-than-expected of not just low sales. Something about recouping lost revenue.

Which helps make this game's MP feel pretty depressing, seeing as I like the cut of the Mission Teams System jib. Makes any pretense of a pretentious war irrelevant; lemme kill and die and get paid for it.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

I wonder when they'll start screwing with Modern Warfare Remastered. It's definitely the better game and if they start selling it separately it will outsell Infinite Warfare for sure.

Having MWR with no microtransactions be more popular than IW with them is not good for Activision, even if people spent $80 to get MWR (already went down to $54 on US PSN Black Friday, which is when I bought it). They want whales spending thousands of dollars on loot boxes, not just an extra $20 for a special edition.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Superanos posted:

It's definitely the better game

l
o
l

what is wrong with you people

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i get mildly upset when I get drop shot in IW

starting a round of tdm and not being killed within 10 seconds by someone prone ADSing a hallway in MWR is a fantasy in my experience

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Why has prone even been in the game from AW onwards?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

This, but BLOPS 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I was using advanced movement as my excuse to purge it.

• Locked thread