Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Always check their points after I have seen the link :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Raskolnikov posted:

My favorite post ITT

If I was any good with video I'd add in the scene from Constantine where you see the street view of the ambulance and just as he dies the entire world turns into a hellscape as she looks right. And also overlay the old woman turning into death itself onto Sandi.

Just thinkin' out loud here.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I've been playing the latest everspace update and it's very good and fidelitous.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

no_recall posted:

I've been playing the latest everspace update and it's very good and fidelitous.
Last time I played it I was sad they had no female lead and refunded it. Yes, I am that person.

Really, the voice overs were pretty annoying and there wasn't enough game there to justify the cost.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Solarin posted:

Hey it's been a while that probation must be almost over.

Also on the Sandi thing I was thinking of a post you made in some thread, maybe a couple back, about the potential human consequences of CIGs hilariously predatory marketing. That one brought forth some memorable reddit tantrums, maybe it felt a bit to real to some people

Oh, you mean this one?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hello Sandi,

Since you were kind enough to reveal that you do, indeed, read these forums (or have a menial do it instead of actually getting work done for the project we've paid them for) I'd like to share my thoughts on this whole debacle with you. First of all I would like to congratulate you on the enormity of your success. Some people like to denigrate your role in this project and don't give you the respect you deserve as one of the driving forces behind the most successful crowd funding project on the planet. That's unfair. You deserve full recognition for the marketing and implementation of the project. You deserve full recognition for managing to bring in tens of millions of dollars by marketing a dream and managing the message in such a fashion that, even to this day, backers are eager to throw money at you. You deserve full recognition for getting people to invest not only their funds, but also their hearts, even when doing so comes at a personal cost. Chris may have made people believe, but you gave them a means of demonstrating their faith. I hope that, for all long as people remember Star Citizen, they remember your name.

You deserve all that recognition, because you deserve the responsibility for all the consequences should you fail. All of the love and adoration your efforts have brought about, all that money that backers have given your company in good faith, all of that is your responsibility. If that love turns to hate, if all of that energy and enthusiasm turns from cheering you on to cursing your name, understand that it is because of your machinations. I hope you can comprehend the enormity of the risk you are taking here, that you truly respect the power you have over the hearts and minds of people who believe in Star Citizen and what it means. I hope you understand just how immersed and dedicated your backers are in the success of this effort, and the consequences of that faith should everything collapse. I hope you understand that people could kill themselves over this.

This isn't a joke. This isn't a personal attack. This is a belief I have personally held for years now. People have the same level of faith in your husband and Star Citizen that others do in religions. There is an extremity in belief among the most hardcore backers that can be compared to a cult. Those types of people do not respond well to massive disruptions such as if Cloud Imperium Games were to go bankrupt. I didn't post that suicide hotline number on the front page because I thought it was funny, I posted it there because I am genuinely worried about people killing themselves. You should be too.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The modularity questions and answers are great because it shows just how far the deepend CIG was and in some cases how loving exploitive they are right now. Creating brand new hulls for minor changes in ships is incredibly stupid do to how time consuming it is. They can justify the changes in price because of it. Now they know how loving stupid that was so they are doing straight reskins, of course they still charge a premium because gently caress our player base is literally retarded.

It's great because any real company would have locked down this kind of thing in design documents years ago, let alone a month before the initial release date.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
I wanted to post on page 6666 :sigh:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
I really, really hope that email you sent her haunts her to this day.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

nawledgelambo posted:

Yeah she seems like the kind of person who'd be haunted by guilt and remorse over her actions

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Foo Diddley posted:

I wanted to post on page 6666 :sigh:
6666 could never top 6657.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Foo Diddley posted:

Yeah she seems like the kind of person who'd be haunted by guilt and remorse over her actions

It's self-gratifying knowing there's a slim, slim chance it might

Then I come back to reality.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

nawledgelambo posted:

I doubt it.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

nawledgelambo posted:

LOL.

I'll put it this way: do you think Derek looks at himself in the mirror and tells himself "you know, you really shouldn't have gone all ABSOLUTELY BATSHIT INSANE with the whole getting banned/FAU thing, right?"

Some personality types are immune to shame and introspection.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

That post definitely set the scene for the hilariously unprofessional email exchange. The Roberts want to run a cult without any of the horrifying bits, they just want what they deserve: wealth, power, celebrity, a stage and spotlight, fans chanting their name... it is theirs now because they are a special. Sorry Humility

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

At least not till the first one actually does it.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

D1E posted:

LOL.

I'll put it this way: do you think Derek looks at himself in the mirror and tells himself "you know, you really shouldn't have gone all ABSOLUTELY BATSHIT INSANE with the whole getting banned/FAU thing, right?"

Some personality types are immune to shame and introspection.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

get a new gimmick, god drat

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
I have returned.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

TheLightPurges posted:

I have returned.

Game still poo poo and unreleased. Go back having fun.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
In the 3 days I have reflected on several things. But mainly on the similarities between dog fighting and videogame development.

Both seem really easy to an outside observer. A child can train these pits its in their blood to kill and every child knows how to have fun.

But in reality it is extremely difficult and can end in severe maulings by the bitch or members of the community.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheLightPurges posted:

I have returned.

Another nightmare over.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Someone post the Star Marine logo that looks like the cover of a choose-your-own-adventure book

Aneurexorcyst
Feb 11, 2004

There is a great disturbance in the monarchy...

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Someone post the Star Marine logo that looks like the cover of a choose-your-own-adventure book

(or http://i.imgur.com/Wspxzwv.png)

Aneurexorcyst fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Dec 3, 2016

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

the fighting fantasy gamebooks finally figured out how to do sci-fi

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Raskolnikov posted:

Last time I played it I was sad they had no female lead and refunded it. Yes, I am that person.

Really, the voice overs were pretty annoying and there wasn't enough game there to justify the cost.

Im the same but with male leads. Thats why i wont be getti g the new ps4 game horizon dawn or whatever the gently caress it is. Cant associate with the main character.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Jason Sextro posted:

the fighting fantasy gamebooks finally figured out how to do sci-fi

Ooooh. I need to dig out my copy of Citadel of Chaos. It's not sci-fi, but it's pretty darn good silly.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Confession: I've never played Doom :sweatdrop: (the first shooter I played was Goldeneye)

I thought the red cartridge was neat though :shrug:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Production schedule diff checker:
https://www.diffchecker.com/A9nozxJ8

Previous:
https://www.diffchecker.com/ucNCNlQy

-----

The more interesting thing is if you compare the latest version with the first:
https://www.diffchecker.com/fmvSgRFW

Almost everything is delayed by two weeks - optimistic estimates, pessemistic estimates... Two weeks later and they are still investigating the prop serialisation code. One section was completed but has gone back for a rework (network sync [lol]).

In two weeks they have completed: art dressings for the FPS map, prop dressings for ships, pick up icons for arena commander, the remaining camera bugs, gamerules refactor (this one seems substantial) and telling QA how to access the new PU missions for testing. On the otherhand you have Turbulent (leaderboards) and the music composer submitting their contributions on time.

They are also using the previous estimate, and not the original. So you get: ETA is 9th December (delayed from 2nd December). But the original states: ETA is 18th November. Turning a three week delay into one week.

They gave us a schedule to deliver the patch in roughly four weeks. In two weeks almost everything has been delayed by two week, and the release was pushed back one week. Given that the estimates converged by around 50% over 50% of the time frame, we can probably expect at least another weeks delay. This would put it around 23rd of december, aka january 2017.

2.6 was a sure lock for 2016, until it wasn't.

RIP BIND CULLING

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Dec 3, 2016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

It's like a call/response in a close-knit organization.

"Your ways are mysterious, and though you show me some things, and I believe they are evident in all that you do, it would be audacious of me to expect you to reveal all of you omniscient and omnipotent ways. I am not the Creator, but hopefully by pledging more, this open development will reveal more to me than the narrow view to which I am privvy with my faith (and wallet)."

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

You guys hosed up http://wingcommanderthemovie.com

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tokamak posted:

Production schedule diff checker:
https://www.diffchecker.com/A9nozxJ8

Previous:
https://www.diffchecker.com/ucNCNlQy

-----

The more interesting thing is if you compare the latest version with the first:
https://www.diffchecker.com/fmvSgRFW

Almost everything is delayed by two weeks - optimistic estimates, pessemistic estimates... Two weeks later and they are still investigating the prop serialisation code. One section was completed but has gone back for a rework (network sync [lol]).

In two weeks they have completed: art dressings for the FPS map, prop dressings for ships, pick up icons for arena commander, the remaining camera bugs, gamerules refactor (this one seems substantial) and telling QA how to access the new PU missions for testing. On the otherhand you have Turbulent (leaderboards) and the music composer submitting their contributions on time.

They are also using the previous estimate, and not the original. So you get: ETA is 9th December (delayed from 2nd December). But the original states: ETA is 18th November. Turning a three week delay into one week.

They gave us a schedule to deliver the patch in roughly four weeks. In two weeks almost everything has been delayed by two week, and the release was pushed back one week. Given that the estimates converged by around 50% over 50% of the time frame, we can probably expect at least another weeks delay. This would put it around 23rd of december, aka january 2017.

2.6 was a sure lock for 2016, until it wasn't.

RIP BIND CULLING

I called it. :smuggo:

ps: Hearing about some high profile CIG/RSI leavers who are exiting the project in Dec. More soon.

Aneurexorcyst
Feb 11, 2004

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Confession: I've never played Doom :sweatdrop: (the first shooter I played was Goldeneye)

I thought the red cartridge was neat though :shrug:

Wait what?

Those aren't cartridges, bro.

:eng101: Also, making games takes time, and sometimes playtests reveal things that mean more work is required! The shock of it all!

Aneurexorcyst fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 3, 2016

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Aneurexorcyst posted:

Wait what?

Those aren't cartridges, bro.

:eng101: Also, making games takes time, and sometimes playtests reveal things that mean more work is required! The shock of it all!

Think he means Doom64

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
is it too late to trade D1E for Marching Powder?

Aneurexorcyst
Feb 11, 2004

nawledgelambo posted:

Think he means Doom64

Ah, it was grey in the UK...

(also, not actually the worst port...)

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

nawledgelambo posted:

Think he means Doom64

just now realizing that for some people, the first time they played Doom was on a N64, and that makes me sad and dead

Aneurexorcyst
Feb 11, 2004

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

just now realizing that for some people, the first time they played Doom was on a N64, and that makes me sad and dead

It's a shame, but it was a pretty cool conversion; totally different game and actually pretty good (recently has been ported to Brutal Doom)... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4sSqAqGnaU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

I STILL have never played any iteration of Doom

That's the poo poo right there. The other one I remember was different was Killer Instinct Gold, which was a black cartridge (NTSC also)
e: and I guess the gold Zelda too

Harold Stassen fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Dec 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Aneurexorcyst posted:

Ah, it was grey in the UK...

(also, not actually the worst port...)

Heh from the corner of my eye your avatar made me think you were Beer, had me confused when you said UK

Also lofuckingl at their super open development schedule already being pushed back 1 2 3 4 weeks, barely any of the information on that changed either it was just 'not finished, eta now dec 9'