Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

I'm not going to bother with a lot of flavor descriptions here. Either you know about Pokemon, and you don't need me to tell you anything, or you don't, in which case, how's the wifi reception under that rock? Either way, you won't need more than the most basic understanding of Pokemon in order to play in this game.

This is a sequel to my massively-overcomplicated Pokemonfia from three(!) years ago. It was my first big game, and I massively overcomplicated it in ways that didn't really help anyone. This time, I'm three years older, three years wiser, and full of three years worth of more bad ideas. Like the last one, this is going to be a Role Madness game. Even the players who start as VTs will have opportunity to become more! As always with role madness, I can't promise it'll be totally balanced, though I did try my level best.

Don't feel like reading all this poo poo? It's an 18-player Mafia game with role madness bells and whistles and day challenges., you can probably just figure it out as you go.

Mechanics
  • There will be 18 players.
  • Each player will have a Pokemon and a Type.
  • It may or may not be dangerous to claim your type and/or role flavor.
  • Every game day, a Gym Challenge will open, with town-oriented rewards if the challenge is completed, or penalties if the challenge is failed.
  • See below for more details on the Gym Challenges.
  • The majority of players will also be capable of evolving, which will grant new powers, or upgrade existing ones.
  • Town wins when all threats to Town have been eliminated.
  • Scum wins when they comprise at least 50% of the population, and no other groups with a factional kill remain.
  • Any 3P will have self-aligned win conditions. None will prematurely end the game, however.

Gym Challenge
  • Each gameday, a Gym Challenge will be announced, with Type Advantages, a Team Size, and a Difficulty.
  • Any living player may nominate another player to take the challenge with ##choose [player]. You cannot choose yourself, and you cannot choose more than one person per challenge.
  • Once a number of players equal to the team size have been chosen, the challenge will begin.
  • There will be three Type Advantages and three Type Disadvantages, unique to each gym, which affect the strength of the challengers.
  • By default, a challenger counts as +1. An advantage makes you count as +2, a disadvantage makes you count as -1.
  • If the sum of all challengers' strength is equal to or greater than the difficulty, the town wins and receives a reward.
  • If it is less than the difficulty, the bonus will be lost, as well as a possible penalty, either for the challengers or for all players.
  • Challenging is optional, however, see Evolution below.

Evolution
  • Any player who attempts a gym challenge, pass or fail, receives a point of Experience.
  • Two points of experience and a Pokemon, if capable, will evolve. This will unlock powers, or strengthen/upgrade existing ones.
  • Evolutions will be announced, but what the player has evolved into will not.
  • If a Pokemon is capable of evolving twice, it will need to gain two more Experience in order to do so.
  • Not every Pokemon can evolve, but those that can't will have stronger starting powers.

Chill about game accuracy, I probably know more about Pokemon than you.
I made a lot of decisions in favor of keeping the game smooth and understandable, don't make a big deal out of it.

Seriously, the first person to accuse me of being inaccurate to the games is going to get a five-paragraph essay about the best way to breed for a 5IV shiny Timid HA Eevee with Stored Power as an egg move, and how to fit one into your Gen VI UU team, as well as its relative merits and demerits compared to a similarly-prepared Mega Absol. The second person's just getting modkilled.

As a corollary, flavor arguments may have some merit, but do not take them as gospel.
-----

Player List
  1. Absurd Revolver
  2. Dick Bastardly
  3. give head or get dead
  4. HiipFire
  5. i am the bird
  6. IllegallySober
  7. Infinitum
  8. Jonathan Fisk
  9. Kashuno
  10. Met
  11. mfcrocker
  12. Retro Futurist
  13. SirSamVimes
  14. SLASHER HAWKE
  15. this is a stickup
  16. Tobbs Gnawed
  17. tpink
  18. Truth Quark

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
team rocket ain't got poo poo on Team Emptyquote

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
yeah let's do this

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

##vote slasher hawke

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
get 'er done, boys

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:lsd:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I will poke the mans

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
it is not mechanically possible for owl streak to be town. please vote asap thanks

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

this is a stickup posted:

it is not mechanically possible for owl streak to be town. please vote asap thanks
If nothing else, that game serves as a cautionary tale about being so caught up in speculation that you stop actually playing Mafia.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Looks complicated leggo

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I think im in

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
also I propose this game to not follow the game's mechanics, but to use the logic of the anime

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Gotta poke them all poke the mans

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Gonna say straight up that my religion doesn't allow for more than the original Gameboy pokemans red and blue version so if anything freakier than Mew or Mewtwo shows up ho boy imma be upset.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh hell yeah.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
You know what? I've not played in ages but gently caress it, in

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

:henget:

Time for more needlessly complex mafia

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

This looks fun. I'll play if there's still a spot.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Five more slots left now!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Please give me a power that allows me to take out the entire scumteam again tia :smug:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

As overcomplicated as the game ended up being, that was still some of the best SK play I've ever seen.

Wolf in the clothing of another, different wolf.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
You stay the hell away from me sticks. Everyone, if I get NK'd N1 it was sticks.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Still room?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Dick Bastardly posted:

You stay the hell away from me sticks. Everyone, if I get NK'd N1 it was sticks.

:getin:

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I haven't played in forever but sign me up if there's still room.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Gotcha both, just waiting on two more.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/45TkJEE.webm

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I'll play!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Why would you make me watch that

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Anyways, we have enough now, so I'm gonna lock the thread while I work on role PMs. Might take until tomorrow to get everything rolling because I work today.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Role PMs are done, and are going out now.

Thread will open and Day 1 will start once I'm done!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Role PMs are out. Please contact me if you have any questions, or believe I have made a mistake in your PM!

King Burgundy has been killed Night 0!

King Burgundy posted:

You are Unown, Town-aligned Cassandra! Your type is Psychic, and you cannot evolve.

You know everything about the game, but no one will ever believe you.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Day 1 has now begun! The first Gym Challenge will be announced at approximately 10:00 AM, PST, on Monday, November 5th.

Deadline is tentatively set for Wednesday, December 7th at 7:00 PM, PST.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

i'm a fixer. i fix things

I'm also a bomb lol
come at me scum

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

lol @ kb

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004