Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
THIS COMPANY IS loving DEAD. WHAT DO WE GET ON FINAL BATTLE, THE BIGGEST SHOW OF THE YEAR?

A "DREAM" MATCH FEATURING WWE CAST OFF "CODY"

OH AND HIS NXT CAST OFF WIFE WAS THERE TOO!

The big surprise of the show? More cast-aways here on the island!

Yep, The Hardy Boyz with a bad dye job. The has beens who can barely draw half the ratings as ROH are here to bury the roster.

And who are they going to feud with? Yep, TNA cast offs THE YOUNG SUCKS

Because the guys who have to wrestle in their back yard in TNA will draw so much money against a couple of skinny back yard spot monkeys.

GREAT IDEA DELIRIOUS

Oh and The Young Sucks are still the tag champs because they beat The Briscoes. Way to bury your young home grown talent, moron.

To try and cover up the fact this company is a bunch of Gilligans they put the belt on Kyle O'Reilly but I bet he's wrestled for WWE or TNA or some poo poo that's the only way to get pushed in this lovely company.

Also we had to watch a TV title without Bobby Fish because his mom passed away so instead we got Dragon Lee (not even the original Dragon Lee) vs a couple of British bulldogs. GREAT. Marty Scurll won. He's the TV Champ even though I watched this on the internet. Idiots. Go back to your own country. Can't this company push Americans?

The Trios Titles were won by some cast offs from some New England indies. Can't even push guys who got on TV? Wow. Now we're giving belts to indie sloppy seconds.

Upcoming Shows

There won't be any. This company is hosed. If they happen they will be posted here http://rohwrestling.com/live/upcoming-events-list and Dave Meltzer will lie about the attendance in the Observer because he loves TNA cast offs like Okato and AJ Styles. Mark.

TV

Under no circumstances should you give this company ratings. If you want to watch ROH and have a Nelson box SMASH IT. DO NOT RISK GIVING THEM RATINGS or they will think you like this company. You can find out more about the TV here but DO NOT GIVE THEM RATINGS http://rohwrestling.com/tv/current

After Philadelphia the next TV tapings will be at Center Stage in Atlanta because they even rip off WCW now. Pathetic.

News

Because Delirious loves New Japan so much they will do another show with NJPW in that tiny building Meltzer loves.

They are going to be very aggressive signing more sloppy seconds. GREAT we can see more BROKEN DOWN Matt Hardys instead of real talent like the good home grown guys.

The 15th Anniversary Show will be live from Vegas because Sinclair wants to rip off Herb Abrams UWF.

DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY MONEY. DO NOT WATCH THEM. DO NOT GO TO THEIR SHOWS! JUST WATCH THE WWE NETWORK YOU WILL SEE ALL THE SAME GUYS 10 YEARS AGO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Sinclair wants to rip off Herb Abrams UWF.

Hell yes

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Sinclair wants to rip off Herb Abrams UWF.

Ok you were convincing me but this just killed your argument.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
very good op

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

post the hardys segment please thank u

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

post the hardys segment please thank u

its not online anywhere yet

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Will ROH hire any NWA Mountain State Wrestling cast-offs?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

THIS COMPANY IS loving DEAD. WHAT DO WE GET ON FINAL BATTLE, THE BIGGEST SHOW OF THE YEAR?

A "DREAM" MATCH FEATURING WWE CAST OFF "CODY"

OH AND HIS NXT CAST OFF WIFE WAS THERE TOO!

The big surprise of the show? More cast-aways here on the island!

Yep, The Hardy Boyz with a bad dye job. The has beens who can barely draw half the ratings as ROH are here to bury the roster.

And who are they going to feud with? Yep, TNA cast offs THE YOUNG SUCKS

Because the guys who have to wrestle in their back yard in TNA will draw so much money against a couple of skinny back yard spot monkeys.

GREAT IDEA DELIRIOUS

Oh and The Young Sucks are still the tag champs because they beat The Briscoes. Way to bury your young home grown talent, moron.

To try and cover up the fact this company is a bunch of Gilligans they put the belt on Kyle O'Reilly but I bet he's wrestled for WWE or TNA or some poo poo that's the only way to get pushed in this lovely company.

Also we had to watch a TV title without Bobby Fish because his mom passed away so instead we got Dragon Lee (not even the original Dragon Lee) vs a couple of British bulldogs. GREAT. Marty Scurll won. He's the TV Champ even though I watched this on the internet. Idiots. Go back to your own country. Can't this company push Americans?

The Trios Titles were won by some cast offs from some New England indies. Can't even push guys who got on TV? Wow. Now we're giving belts to indie sloppy seconds.

Upcoming Shows

There won't be any. This company is hosed. If they happen they will be posted here http://rohwrestling.com/live/upcoming-events-list and Dave Meltzer will lie about the attendance in the Observer because he loves TNA cast offs like Okato and AJ Styles. Mark.

TV

Under no circumstances should you give this company ratings. If you want to watch ROH and have a Nelson box SMASH IT. DO NOT RISK GIVING THEM RATINGS or they will think you like this company. You can find out more about the TV here but DO NOT GIVE THEM RATINGS http://rohwrestling.com/tv/current

After Philadelphia the next TV tapings will be at Center Stage in Atlanta because they even rip off WCW now. Pathetic.

News

Because Delirious loves New Japan so much they will do another show with NJPW in that tiny building Meltzer loves.

They are going to be very aggressive signing more sloppy seconds. GREAT we can see more BROKEN DOWN Matt Hardys instead of real talent like the good home grown guys.

The 15th Anniversary Show will be live from Vegas because Sinclair wants to rip off Herb Abrams UWF.

DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY MONEY. DO NOT WATCH THEM. DO NOT GO TO THEIR SHOWS! JUST WATCH THE WWE NETWORK YOU WILL SEE ALL THE SAME GUYS 10 YEARS AGO!

thank you MRT for this thread

Pakelika
May 13, 2005

Work It! Thats Right! Awwww Yeah!
Just chiming in to say this is an amazing accurate OP, thank you MRT. Also that bit at the end of the main event with the bell not being rug after Cole tapped, IMO really took away from my (and the crowds) enjoyment and reaction to seeing Kyle win. Definitely get the feeling of a mega pop that you would want, but maybe I need to watch it again.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hi friendos how was Final Battle

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Second half of the show definitely delivered. Some production snafus but worth getting the replay.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I'm very proud of my best friend Kyle O'Reilly.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Final Battle was one of the best shows of 2016, and no, I'm not going to watch the Cody match

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Final Battle is an appropriate name this year.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Great OP. Steve Corino is The Professor

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Caught up to Final Battle as I fell asleep after trios match during the live airing due to a completely hosed sleep schedule.

Pleased but mildly surprised Kyle won, since isn't his contract situation less settled?

Also, I thought the Hardys were still under TNA deals for now?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

Caught up to Final Battle as I fell asleep after trios match during the live airing due to a completely hosed sleep schedule.

Pleased but mildly surprised Kyle won, since isn't his contract situation less settled?

Also, I thought the Hardys were still under TNA deals for now?

feel like winning the belt is a good sign his contract situation is settled

without knowing the full details of the hardys contracts it's difficult to say but they have all the power in the relationship and it's entirely possible tna and roh worked out a trade

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I hope TNA screws over ROH again in whatever deal they worked out

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

triplexpac posted:

I hope TNA screws over ROH again in whatever deal they worked out

If they do anything it'll just be the Bucks showing up at Matt's house

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

oatgan posted:

You mean Generation Me making their return

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I believe Cole vs KOR will be the ROH title match at the Dome.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

triplexpac posted:

You mean Generation Me making their return

Only after they fall into the time travelling lake

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

Dave said Bucks/Hardys for WM weekend

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

Dave said Bucks/Hardys for WM weekend

oh i meant in TNA

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

oatgan posted:

oh i meant in TNA

Bucks of Youth I KNEW YOU'D COME

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They also got the Rock n Roll Express

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I heard Dave talking about Bucks and Hardys and looked at getting some tickets to that show since I'm gonna be in town for Mania, but it's booked an hour away in Lakeland? That sucks

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Why does everyone have a poo poo theme song

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Kaveman posted:

I hope you''re not including the new champ in that category. ROH's theme music ever since they stopped using songs they didn't have the rights to has generally always been pretty bad with a couple random exceptions.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kaveman posted:

The champion of the company has the best theme song in wrestling, pay attention.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Adam Cole should've came out to his NJPW theme and KOR should've came out to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL36l5_gVp8

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Well, I for one am shocked at the Young Bucks signing a new RoH/NJPW contract. SHOCKED.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Man Hunter must have offered them the bare min for them to sign with a company that they've been displeased with for a while now.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Is Paul still a money mark if he keeps getting outbid?

Good for the Bucks getting paid more for fewer dates and better merch % than WWE can offer.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Well, I for one am shocked at the Young Bucks signing a new RoH/NJPW contract. SHOCKED.

Young Sucks

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Is Paul still a money mark if he keeps getting outbid?

Good for the Bucks getting paid more for fewer dates and better merch % than WWE can offer.
Turns out Paul is the Bob Nutting of wrestling promoters/owners

Down to hiring lovely Indians that won't amount to much and having a fancy developmental facility in the south.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bob Nothing

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
This can't be true about the Bucks re-signing. Everybody was suppose to leave eOH after 12/31 according to these experts out there. All hail!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Roque11 posted:

This can't be true about the Bucks re-signing. Everybody was suppose to leave eOH after 12/31 according to these experts out there. All hail!
The Bucks would have definitely left if WWE was more interesting in hiring cheap talent and not getting into bidding wars with NJPW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

MassRafTer posted:

Young Sucks

lol I'll pretend u said 18

• Locked thread