Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

coconono posted:

Shimmer started because of IWA-MS and ROH not booking enough women. The first few cards were essentially whoever wasn't booked that weekend.

I have 0 idea what's going on their political front and why they aren't working with other promotions more. Could be Prazak being stubborn?

The SHIMMER world championship was defended on the last AAW show, but Prazak's been involved there forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

In a "True Meaning of Christmas LADDER MATCH," the horrifying, sentient cartoon known as CHARLIE FROWN takes on SPACE LIZARD SUPER WIZARD! The high-flying alien has a lot to learn about Earth holidays. But then again, maybe Charlie Frown does, too! They'll find the reason for the season...WITH WRESTLING!

Party World Rasslin'
Winter WonderSlam 3
Dec 10, Austin, TX
Price: Free

Also on the card:

The Foamster Memorial Foam Fumble for the Partyweight Title defended by Dock Master
The Primo Family defend the Best Friends Forever title against the NARRC
The Suplex Predators take on elementary school teacher Mrs. Fennenbaum and her only student Hubert
A message from Garbageweight champ Pink Eye
Necroweight champ Necro Zahkey defends against someone because Randy "the Eagle" Eagleman (his original opponent) retired early
And former Garbageweight champ Dadbod presents: Infobattles Live!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Brian Cage is wrestling Drugz Bunny at Hoodslam tonight and I'm taking some friends who've never been. Guess I'll have to explain the concept of "Getting your poo poo in"

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Brian Cage is wrestling Drugz Bunny at Hoodslam tonight and I'm taking some friends who've never been. Guess I'll have to explain the concept of "Getting your poo poo in"

The rare case where Drugz is the least chemically-influenced person in the ring.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
After an AAW show in Berwyn, my wife and I went to get tacos across the street.

When we were walking back to the car after dinner we saw Brian Cage carrying 3 individual deep dish pizzas from Giordano's, his face beaming with a huge smile.

I don't know why I felt the need to post this. Cage was gonna eat the gently caress out of those pizzas

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Blast Fantasto posted:

After an AAW show in Berwyn, my wife and I went to get tacos across the street.

When we were walking back to the car after dinner we saw Brian Cage carrying 3 individual deep dish pizzas from Giordano's, his face beaming with a huge smile.

I don't know why I felt the need to post this. Cage was gonna eat the gently caress out of those pizzas

3 Deep Dish Pizzas? Brian Cage is a loving machine

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yesssssssss

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

gently caress

https://twitter.com/RevProUK/status/805118681122476032

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Does Matt Riddle's mouthguard say "HIGH"

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

Does Matt Riddle's mouthguard say "HIGH"
RIDDLE

Free Biff/Oney vs Roddy match.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc9-6bo_npA

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/805164258845741056

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Hmmmmm might have to go to this

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Constitution State Wrestling was alright.
Gangrel and Tatanka were there but the real star was 2Buff and The Buff Dad

Extremely good promo from last year

Mike Graca d. Kellan Thomas with manager distraction, nut shot, and his foot on the ropes.
2Buff (w/ THE BUFF DAD) d. A Guy. The Buff Dad had a plastic light up bow tie. Scattered "Buff Dad" (Goldberg) chants during the match.
Tripleicious d. Dave Cole & Jason Blade stealing the pin after Blade's frog splash. Blade is still good.
Gangrel + Voodoo Guy d. Two Guys who did not have the bodies to sell their gimmick. Double impaler and double pin. Fun finish.
Mistress Belmont d. Davienne. No Toxis!
Wildman Kongo d. Mike Westgate with a piledriver. Westgate is alright other than a very bad Frankensteiner.
Tatanka d. Scott Levesque. Scott has the same manager as Graca so the opener paid off and he got smashed.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

matt riddle gonna learn what real fighting is like

This just reminds me of the interview on Figure 4 Daily a few weeks ago with Max Smashmaster. He talked about how he wants to go to Japan and have a match with Ishii. Then out of nowhere he says "I'll tell you who I don't wanna fight - SHIBATA!"

Like, I really appreciate how entertaining his matches are and I understand why people would want to have match with Shibata, but I also have no idea why people would want to have a match with Shibata

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Shibata apparently really wanted to work with Riddle.

Which is a sure sign that Riddle is not going to enjoy his flight home.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Bro, Riddle ain't shook by no 4 and 10 fighter.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/HighspotsWN/status/805534715080015872

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Shoulda called it For Your Consideration, and chris should take an ad out in variety to push himself for Most Outstanding

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

That would be a pretty interesting watch, tbh.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Especially if there might not be a 2017 version.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Chris Hero is the poo poo but whenever he comes out in a basketball jersey and trunks it looks super unflattering

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

rovert posted:

Especially if there might not be a 2017 version.

Are you suggesting Chris Hero is going to die soon?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Blast Fantasto posted:

Chris Hero is the poo poo but whenever he comes out in a basketball jersey and trunks it looks super unflattering

If you can't handle his worst, you don't deserve his best.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

NienNunb posted:

Are you suggesting Chris Hero is going to die soon?

An idle threat

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i'm glad i get to see chris hero this weekend before rovert murders him

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

rovert posted:

An idle threat

Hero's been fighting the one marathon match he can't win: the fight against adult onset diabetes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

nah, CM Punk and Chris Hero signed a death pact due for 2017. This was way back in the early indie days.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

He's actually been reverse-cursed by an old gypsy woman and will become fatally obese within the year

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yAijeO-8bA

Nice little documentary about PROGRESS. The Haskins stuff is kinda :smith: knowing what happened not long after

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

He's actually been reverse-cursed by an old gypsy woman and will become fatally obese within the year

Pretty sure he's ahead of schedule there.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Blast Fantasto posted:

Well he doesn't look any better when he takes the jersey off

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Hero looks fine in my opinion.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Please don't die, Highspots

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
2017 will be the fourth year of saying "Chris Hero should get even fatter" and it's not slowing down any time soon

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Free hard cam footage of the entire Constitution State Wrestling debut show.
https://www.facebook.com/ConstitutionStateWrestling/posts/1337584412952282

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

i'm glad i get to see chris hero this weekend before rovert murders him

Seriously he's lost his last five matches in five different promotions. Also had three recent title matches as promoters maybe getting one last big job out of him.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rovert posted:

Seriously he's lost his last five matches in five different promotions. Also had three recent title matches as promoters maybe getting one last big job out of him.
The rumors were he was rubbing coaches wrong in NXT by giving people advice while they felt like he hadn't paid his dues in the WWE right? Specifically coaches that aren't even in the WWE anymore. That, and they thought he wasn't taking things seriously because he couldn't keep his weight down.

I understand why people think he looks like poo poo since he doesn't carry his weight like Owens does but Hero might have better cardio than anyone on the main roster except for Cesaro, Cena, Styles, and some of the Cruiserweights.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 6, 2016

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i usually wouldn't say that a 36-year old fat dude would be doing anything in NXT other than as a trainer, but then again, we have samoa joe now, so maybe anything's possible

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

The rumors were he was rubbing coaches wrong in NXT by giving people advice while they felt like he hadn't paid his dues in the WWE right? Specifically coaches that aren't even in the WWE anymore. That, and they thought he wasn't taking things seriously because he couldn't keep his weight down.
He was burying a coach / coaches in private and someone in the locker room narced on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Basic Chunnel posted:

He was burying a coach / coaches in private and someone in the locker room narced on him.
Wait you mean sticking hot dogs in people's bums, making people do dangerous drills, and forcing people to work through their injuries or risk being called a pussy wasn't effective training??