Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Brb gonna post awful poo poo from the Shoryuken forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Brosnan posted:

Oh so that's why they're mostly not that good.

Basically, what happened was back in the 90's, Marvel decided to make a quick buck by selling the movie rights to all their properties. Lots of studios bought said properties and never even did anything with them. The rule is that you have a certain number of years to make a new movie or the rights go back to the original owners. So by the time Marvel decided to get into the movie-making game in the mid-00's, the only major caveats were that Sony still had Spider-Man and Fox had X-Men (which includes Deadpool) and Fantastic Four.

After a few years, Marvel realized that they could make more money by emphasizing the characters they have the movie rights to because then they get a bigger piece of the pie.

Spider-Man was still a huge seller for them, so they kept treating him like an A-lister in the comics. Sony wanted to make their own expanded universe with the Spider-Man movies, but then Amazing Spider-Man 2 came out and while it made good money, it didn't make "Aunt May spinoff" money. They decided to work with Marvel and allow Spider-Man into the Marvel Cinematic Universe because the alternative wasn't going to work out for them.

X-Men still has a bunch of comics, but writers are told not to introduce any more mutant characters because then Fox would own the movie rights to them. While X-Men are still around and Deadpool has multiple comics, Marvel's still trying to put extra emphasis on Inhumans, who are like the Hunts ketchup of comic properties. Wolverine, Cyclops and Xavier are dead too.

As for Fantastic Four, Marvel just cancelled that book because nobody gives a poo poo about them anymore. Dr. Doom is now the new Iron Man or something.

This is also why Captain Marvel is in that trailer. Marvel has been spending years preparing for her to be a big deal. They want her to be Marvel's Wonder Woman because outside of Black Widow, she's all they really have that isn't part of X-Men or Fantastic Four.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Race Realists posted:

Brb gonna post awful poo poo from the Shoryuken forums

quote:

That's not a problem. I'm just glad they aren't using her ugly lesbian haircut design.

Also I know Kamala will probably be in the game. I don't care about that as long as they don't capitulate to the tumblr idiots.
welp

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
my understanding is that the huge majority of "new" characters marvel has made over the last 5 years are just "old superhero design but she's a girl with girly bits"

what's the over/under on marvel vs capcom infinite having more female characters than DOA5?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

fadam posted:

Yeah it'd be nice if they gave her her good costume back.

fadam posted:

She's the Poochie of Marvel comics.

The only people I hear complaining about Carol Danver Captain marvel and the new Ms. marvel are the same kind of sad nerds that get really really mad when a black actor gets cast in their comic book movies so please temper the mad Marvel fan post you see as more MvC4 news comes out.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Gavok posted:

Basically, what happened was back in the 90's, Marvel decided to make a quick buck by selling the movie rights to all their properties.

To add on to this, Marvel was going bankrupt at the time and very much needed the quick buck. They were no where near capable of making these movies themselves, which is why the sold the rights and why the deals are so lovely.

http://screencrush.com/marvel-bankruptcy-billions/

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

darealkooky posted:

my understanding is that the huge majority of "new" characters marvel has made over the last 5 years are just "old superhero design but she's a girl with girly bits"

what's the over/under on marvel vs capcom infinite having more female characters than DOA5?

The announcement trailer has a 3:1 m:f ratio, so not really gonna happen. Also, Capcom would get in the way.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Gavok posted:

Basically, what happened was back in the 90's, Marvel decided to make a quick buck by selling the movie rights to all their properties.

someone should give Roger Corman's fantastic 4 a proper release in theaters

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

mysterious loyall X posted:

someone should give Roger Corman's fantastic 4 a proper release in theaters

It's legit better than the 2005 and 2015 ones.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

darealkooky posted:

what's your obsession with beating up women?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
It gets my dick hard because I had a bad relationship with my mother.

Broken Loose posted:

The announcement trailer has a 3:1 m:f ratio, so not really gonna happen. Also, Capcom would get in the way.

you don't know who's under that iron man suit. It could even be an IRON WOMAN

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

oh good is some straight white male onset dementia going to gently caress up this thread too?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The only people I hear complaining about Carol Danver Captain marvel and the new Ms. marvel are the same kind of sad nerds that get really really mad when a black actor gets cast in their comic book movies so please temper the mad Marvel fan post you see as more MvC4 news comes out.

lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
ladies are cool, dudes are cool. in magic punchfights, i am happy to see both represented well.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'd like to see more non-humanoid characters like Shuma and Amaterasu. Put that frog thor in.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
hope to see lotsa villains

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Brett824 posted:

Is there a solid pre-dual-modded stick for PS4/Xbone/PC right now? Basically looking for the equivalent of the Qanba Q4 to get myself ready for new marvel + marvel 3 on modern consoles.

I think your best best still is to grab a brooks universal PCB and drop that in? I don't know of any sticks that work on ps4, bone, and pc out of the box. If there is something out there, I'd be interested in hearing about it too, but i'm assuming a bunch of people would have made noise about it already if that was the case.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Just get a stick and a Brooks converter IMO

The one I have to use my old 360 stick on the PS4 seems to work pretty well, I haven't noticed it holding me back any more than my lack of skill does

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i have a 360 to PS4 brooks convertor if you want to buy it

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Burn srk to the ground

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
PS4 UMvC3 is live

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

darealkooky posted:

It gets my dick hard because I had a bad relationship with my mother.

you don't know who's under that iron man suit. It could even be an IRON WOMAN

They are both separate and tony stark exists with her as well.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

4.5 gb downloading now

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

beat me to it

the insufferable loving idiot actually said she had a bull*yke haircut, so nice censoring on your part :v:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Race Realists posted:

beat me to it

the insufferable loving idiot actually said she had a bull*yke haircut, so nice censoring on your part :v:

i actually didnt censor anything, maybe it's a different post lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm a little pissed they spilled the beans on Mega Man being in the game so early. Half the fun of the MvC3 reveals was watching people get more and more butthurt about him not being in the game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

fadam posted:

I'm a little pissed they spilled the beans on Mega Man being in the game so early. Half the fun of the MvC3 reveals was watching people get more and more butthurt about him not being in the game.

Hey now, we all know that the reveal trailers aren't going to be nearly as exciting now that they'll be once a month for a new DLC character that costs $5 in fight money.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Maybe I'm just part of the problem, but I'd actually kind of like it if this game had a robust DLC plan.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

fadam posted:

Maybe I'm just part of the problem, but I'd actually kind of like it if this game had a robust DLC plan.

I like it if they are cheap and the starting cast is large to begin with. SF5 infuriates me because of the cost of the characters. I can see $1-$2 being reasonable, or maybe like 3-4 packs for $10, but $5 each seems insane.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

$5 a month isn't insane lol

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

darealkooky posted:

Marvel has their own Morrigan counterpart, so I wouldn't mind seeing Shiklah show up to beef up the female part of the roster.

Though she's Deadpool's wife, so I don't know if that makes her an X-Men property or what.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

i actually didnt censor anything, maybe it's a different post lol

:stare:

that forum

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
$5 a character isn't too bad when you're getting free patches and system changes. Like, that's 6 characters for $30, also known as a new Arcsys expansion. As Mike Z will let you know, fighting game characters are pretty expensive.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
last time i read srk some guy with a joker av was really mad about consent laws

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Is it 100% sure no xmen? I mean the last MVC came out like 6 years ago, what is different from now and then?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
charging 30 dollars a year for content is fine if you're constantly updating the game and cycle old content to be cheaper/free with the base game for newcomers so things arent overwhelming is fine, yeah.

charging 30 dollars for dlc in a 60 game with less content than your previous 60 dollar game is not.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Spectral Debt posted:

Is it 100% sure no xmen? I mean the last MVC came out like 6 years ago, what is different from now and then?
Disney bought marvel.

fake edit: I mean a lot of things have changed, but that's a start.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spectral Debt posted:

Mike Pence is gonna introduce legislation to outlaw the X-Men.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

anime was right posted:

charging 30 dollars a year for content is fine if you're constantly updating the game and cycle old content to be cheaper/free with the base game for newcomers so things arent overwhelming is fine, yeah.

charging 30 dollars for dlc in a 60 game with less content than your previous 60 dollar game is not.

Yep, and that was Capcom's issue. They bungled the release terribly, actually hosed themselves over by not having a cash store in place by the time Alex came out, and had real bad prices on anything that was not a character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

load times on ps4 are so much better than on ps3 for umvc3