Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

lookin at

"And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

"That 'Netflix' thing was disappointing, the 'Chill' thing better be good or I'm taking a crap in his shoes."

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Cattaway

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Chili posted:

Here's our winner. That would be two for Mistaya!

Got a good one for this week:

I'll show ya'll the picture of what was holding his attention so vividly--he stayed like this for a good ten minutes--next Sunday.

Have at it!

Netflix n chilli

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I would love to hold a butterpaw too

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Thanks!

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Just signed up to make recurring $5 donations to the ASPCA for 2017. It's not much, but every bit helps. Take this as your winter holiday reminder to give what you can, where you can.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

"You humans picked a terrible orange for president. Should've voted for me."

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Two rescue cats already, and in the process of getting a dog friend.

Enjoy peace while it lasts, Mulligan.

Also if anyone wants puppies, I can hook you up with shelter that has the fuzziest potatoes. Not for us, we're getting one of the mom dogs, but we may have to get some more cuddles the next time we visit.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
I'm super excited so I had to share with you guys. We just had a big breakthrough with our foster Octopus. She's been very timid, flinching away from our touch for the past week, but also constantly hanging out close to us and watching us as if she's trying to psych herself up so she can get pets. Well today we finally got past that block, probably in big part to our cat Freya aka the most chillax cat in the world.

I let Freya in to Octopus' room so they could get some sort of interaction, and Freya being Freya she pretty much ignored the fact that there was an alien cat in our house and just laid next to me and got pets for 10-15 minutes before moving on. Octopus watched us the whole time, coming out from her hidey hole even to get a better look. As soon as Freya left, Octopus walked up to me and did this giant headrub along pretty much the entire length of my leg. At that point the dam broke and she not only let us pet her, but she started excitedly going between the three of us (me and my 2 kids) for headbumps, all the while purring like crazy- it was like she was trying to catch up on a week's worth of pets all at once.

I'm really happy that she warmed up to us so fast, because it really improves her chances of being adopted next week. She goes back on Wednesday because our local chapter of the SPCA has an adoption special going on and they're trying to get some of their harder-to-adopt animals homes. With us being able to definitively say that yes, this cat loves people she just needs time to warm up it really improves her chances that someone will look past the terrified face she puts on at the shelter.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Yay for Octopus!

My Sam was that way too, he'd been at his no-kill shelter for over a year, the black kitten that hid until he was too old to be cute and then was always ignored. The shelter lady warned me he'd hide for a few days and then he'd come out of his shell and she was exactly right. Three days he wouldn't come out of a closet, literally. Had to put his dish and box in there for him and let him adjust. On day three it was like a switch got flipped and I had the most loving cuddle cat I'd ever met.

Every time we move it's the same thing though. THE WORLD IS ENDING closet time for a couple days then, boom, it's suddenly his house and everything's fine.

I'm glad the shelter knew to tell me he'd act that way though.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

mistaya posted:

Yay for Octopus!

My Sam was that way too, he'd been at his no-kill shelter for over a year, the black kitten that hid until he was too old to be cute and then was always ignored. The shelter lady warned me he'd hide for a few days and then he'd come out of his shell and she was exactly right. Three days he wouldn't come out of a closet, literally. Had to put his dish and box in there for him and let him adjust. On day three it was like a switch got flipped and I had the most loving cuddle cat I'd ever met.

Every time we move it's the same thing though. THE WORLD IS ENDING closet time for a couple days then, boom, it's suddenly his house and everything's fine.

I'm glad the shelter knew to tell me he'd act that way though.

This is why I always recommend people go to shelters when looking to get a cat. Beyond just the ethical issues, if it's a well-run shelter the staff will be familiar with the cats and can point you to a cat whose personality and behavior matches what you want and can tell you in advance about any oddities.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Here is Fery supervising the feeding of one of our our yard/feral cats.

Pumpkin is not amused; wants more food!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So what's everyone getting their kitties?

I got a bunch of toys for mine which I decided to just give them, also picked up a chew toy pretzel for Tibi which is designed for cats apparently since he likes to chew poo poo, Tibi is currently batting around his toy balls. :3:

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Alteisen posted:

I got a bunch of toys for mine which I decided to just give them, also picked up a chew toy pretzel for Tibi which is designed for cats apparently since he likes to chew poo poo, Tibi is currently batting around his toy balls. :3:

My cats like da bird, other string on a wand toys, and the kickeroo too.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Alteisen posted:

Mine get replacement catnip mice, treats, a fresh laser. Tigh always gets a new door mouse toy. Its been his favorite thing since he was a kitten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rQxS4zTfhY
(Play with the sound off unless you like to hear a grown woman giggle like an idiot.)

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Alteisen posted:

Oh poo poo do you have a name for this chew toy? Ferdinand loves chomping on plastic, leaving hundreds of tiny holes in plastic bags and the like.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

I'm gonna get Kiska a new cat tree, something tall that's just platforms since she hates going inside things :3: Amarkat has a few that are close so I'm gonna splurge.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Dienes posted:

Mine get replacement catnip mice, treats, a fresh laser. Tigh always gets a new door mouse toy. Its been his favorite thing since he was a kitten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rQxS4zTfhY
(Play with the sound off unless you like to hear a grown woman giggle like an idiot.)

Where did you get this door mouse thing? That looks good for my jumping enthusiast.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Gorgar posted:

Where did you get this door mouse thing? That looks good for my jumping enthusiast.

You can find them at pretty much any pet store, but I buy them off Amazon. This is the one from the video.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sanguinary Novel posted:

Oh poo poo do you have a name for this chew toy? Ferdinand loves chomping on plastic, leaving hundreds of tiny holes in plastic bags and the like.

They had a bunch, I went with the pretzel since Tibi is a destructive bastard.

Picture of the destroyer himself.

Minister of Chance
Apr 6, 2011

Alteisen posted:

They had a bunch, I went with the pretzel since Tibi is a destructive bastard.

It's a good choice in my opinion. I got the one with the knotted fabric stuff at the ends and one of my cats opened up one of the knots, chewed a piece of it off and ate it. Luckily I found it next day in the cat poop.
I cut the rest of the fabric off, because the base with the net seems far more chew proof. Till now they seem to be totally undamaged even though my cats chew on the toys relentlessly if I put them out.

[Edit]
Here's a video of one of my cats carrying the toy around and telling everybody how great it is. Warning, she gets a little loud.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTNEbnzufIY

Minister of Chance fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 4, 2016

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Picture of the destroyer himself.

aww, he's a cutie :3:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Sorry for the lack of updates. We're on our honeymoon is Disney and though we're having fun our cat sitter isn't sending nearly enough pictures. But I planned ahead and stashed a picture away for the caption contest just in case. I'm not sure if there's much to respond to, haven't been checking in. If there's been any fostering questions I'm sure some of the old pros are handling them with aplomb. We'll be back Wednesday.

But for now, have a caption contest:

And just for context, that's Butterscotch's food Monty is sitting on:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

"Of course you realize this means war"

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

"Okay I'm doing my part, now you need to start the intervention."

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

In an outrageous French Accent.

Monty: "You don't frighten us, silly Orange pig-dog! Go bath-time your bottom, cat of a crazy lady! Ah lift my leg at you, so called 'Butter' kitten. You and all your silly Orange fat rolls!"

"Now go away before I taunt you a second time!"

Butterscotch: "RUN AWAY!"

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

"Et tu, Monty?"

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Other cat is food now?

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

"How did he even get up there? There's no way anyone could jump that high!"

Alternatively:

"So this is how I die."

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

"Don't worry Boss, I got this. He ain't getting at the food."

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame

"I dunno, boss. He ain't on the list. You sure he's okay?"

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

So what was Butterscotch looking at so intently last week?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

queserasera posted:

So what was Butterscotch looking at so intently last week?

He was gazing into the abyss

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Oh right! I totally forgot.

First, this was my favorite:

GoingPostal posted:

"Of course he eated the cookie. What else would he have done with it?"

And for what Butters stared at for around 10 minutes straight...

Pigeons :3:

That is, he stared at them until he finally lunged headfirst into my laptop screen, dislodging several keys along the way. Good catte.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Its over, Butters. I have the high ground.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Hey Monty, look over there! It's... cheeseburgers!

Why aren't you looking?

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Dec 5, 2016

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Dienes posted:

Its over, Butters. I have the high ground.

:thumbsup:

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

Chili posted:

That is, he stared at them until he finally lunged headfirst into my laptop screen, dislodging several keys along the way. Good catte.

Butters is an amazing catte :3:

E: Hope your laptop survived though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Monty: "I'm adorable and I know it"

Butters: "Did I lock my keys in the oven?"