Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Look all I need to know is how much money I need to give to secure my place in space valahalla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

I will however settle for a promise of indefinitely postponed salvation and a pretty picture of what space Valhalla might look like

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

mdxi posted:

Ever read the L. Ron Hubbard biography "Bare-Faced Messiah"?

The dude was a hack pulp scifi writer, who repeatedly conned his way into things (literary salons, the Explorers Club, government contracts) through force of personality and talking a good game. Then he would more-or-less completely fail to deliver on his promises, flail about while milking the situation for what it was forth, and finally have to move on to pitch new promises to a new group. Until one day he had his only true genius idea: founding a pay-for-play religion based on selling acceptance to emotionally vulnerable people.

I can't really put my finger on why, but I think its basic structure might be a good place to Archerstart.

Edit: cat overrun by body thetans

The Avalon is where they have LA Citcon. Coincidence?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov posted:

The Avalon is where they have LA Citcon. Coincidence?

Probably, but backer money being funneled to get C&S up the OT ladder and Hollywood connections through Scientology really is the only thing missing in this farce.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

WTF is Magic and Wine Tasting?

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

Seems pretty self explanatory.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

Much like CitizenCon the name tells you everything you need to know

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016
So evocati are Seaorg then?

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
So are goons thetans then?

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016
Wait no, SeaOrg had working ships with real physics

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

IS DEREK XENU?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016
Am....am I a Pepper?

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

Why is an evocati like a writing desk?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

crisp roberts posted:

Wait no, SeaOrg had working ships with real physics

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I just woke up. Did Star Citizen come out yet?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chin posted:

You purchased a $300 JPEG based on a gameplay scenario that existed only in your imagination? :psyduck:

No, I used some of the store credit I had obtained by laundering $28,000 worth of starships for other people to obtain a $300 JPEG based on a gameplay scenario that only existed in my imagination.

Turns out that I was right about the scenario, since they sell snub fighters for the Caterpillar.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Everyone made money selling jpgs and/or Bitcoins.

FACT

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

KM Scorchio posted:

Why is an evocati like a writing desk?

There's a lot of crowing about both.

e: wtfspelling

Tippis fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Dec 4, 2016

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Decrepus posted:

Everyone made money selling jpgs and/or Bitcoins.

FACT

Everyone said gold was a scam but if you bought gold anytime in the last 30 years you made serious bank.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Crobbler's hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwAioN2mtsA

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

I like your posting.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

TheLightPurges posted:

Everyone said gold was a scam but if you bought gold anytime in the last 30 years you made serious bank.

They are going to say that about Star Citizen when it comes out in 30 years too.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

Tippis posted:

There's a low of crowing about both.

That'll do. I was trying to concoct something to do with leaks personally but I try not to invest too much thought in anything to do with this hilarious mess.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Decrepus posted:

I just woke up. Did Star Citizen come out yet?

Yes.
I'm in your base spinning your dudes.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Hi everyone, hope youre having a fabulous day hating the videogame and the people who play it. This is just a quick reminder for you to call or visit your parents wherever possible because they raised you with love and care about you

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Just catching up with the new thread, but this is one of the stupidest things I have seen on the net.

About the poster:

Widely considered quite the posting genius, Erenthal has been shitposting in a professional capacity on SA for the last 8 years. He owns more belts than is strictly necessary.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi everyone, hope youre having a fabulous day hating the videogame and the people who play it.
I know there's no point to this, cos I'm basically replying to a poo poo AI, but: I don't hate Star Citizen or the people who play it. I love Star Citizen, it's the best videogame I've never paid for. I feel pity for the people who play Star Citizen, because there are so many better games (almost every game ever) that they could be playing instead of the broken, buggy tech demo they've convinced themselves is the best game ever.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

ripptide posted:

Of course, now that the design criteria for all large ships is based entirely on making them FPS levels rather than any functional or potentially interesting layout, far less so.

This is an interesting point - yet another in the seemingly infinite series of logistical hurdles that makes Star Citizen unworkable even on paper, before a single line of code is written. Is it a game, or a simulation? If it's supposed to be a highly detailed and realistic space flight sim, then the ship layouts will be utilitarian - they'll be designed the way that makes the most sense from the perspective of the ship's purpose in the universe - which might make the most boring, lovely FPS experience if the ship is "boarded". If it's supposed to be a game, then for the most fun experience it might make more sense to design a really cool and interesting map for the ship interior so that FPS is more enjoyable, but that means immersion-breaking design that makes no sense whatsoever and has no place in a high-fidelity simulator based on Chris Roberts deep and nuanced understanding of how cool something he saw in a movie someone else created was.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Looks like CIG will have to find a new reason to ban people soon: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/11/congress-passes-law-protecting-right-to-post-negative-online-reviews/

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Hi everyone, hope you're having a fabulous day hating your parents. This is just a quick reminder for you to call or visit Star Citizens wherever possible because they took you in and cared for you when your parents beat you with belts and made you eat bugs for dinner.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi everyone, hope youre having a fabulous day hating the videogame and the people who play it. This is just a quick reminder for you to call or visit your parents wherever possible because they raised you with love and care about you

You're slacking buddy, only like 6 posts in 22 pages? You're going to have to up your shitposting if you want to really stand out in this thread full of bad posters talking about a thing that doesn't exist.

Lord Kinbote
Feb 27, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

I'm having a wonderful day, done my shopping for the week,my fridge is full and having steak for dinner later followed with some apple pie. I visited my parents today.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

KM Scorchio posted:

You're slacking buddy, only like 6 posts in 22 pages? You're going to have to up your shitposting if you want to really stand out in this thread full of bad posters talking about a thing that doesn't exist.

No worries there. I always stand out, no? :-]

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

They could just do what they did with you and change reasons every five minutes because of baffling incompetency. I mean it's technically not punishing someone for leaving a negative review, it's punishing them for AIDING AND ABETTING INDUSTRIAL ESPIONAGE.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

I'm sat in a pub with my parents watching the football and ignoring them so I can post about a game I will never play even if it is ever released in any meaningful form.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

No worries there. I always stand out, no? :-]

I feel like your avatar is carrying you at this point.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lord Kinbote posted:

I'm having a wonderful day, done my shopping for the week,my fridge is full and having steak for dinner later followed with some apple pie. I visited my parents today.

Glad to hear it. Enjoy the rest of it

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

Glad to hear it. Enjoy the rest of it

Hi, I haven't called my parents in years, do you have any beginners tips for people just starting out? Thank you

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

KM Scorchio posted:

I'm sat in a pub with my parents watching the football and ignoring them so I can post about a game I will never play even if it is ever released in any meaningful form.

Can you watch football from your ship ingame?
Someone alert Chris immediately!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

Sorry but roast dinners are the only respectable thing to eat on a Sunday. Steak is for Friday or Saturday. You need to refactor your Sunday basically.

My brother's catte who only drinks from taps:

KM Scorchio fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Dec 4, 2016