Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

TheLightPurges posted:

BTW heres actual Star Marine footage. I swear its not a vid of my Knee hair

https://vid.me/bZ5x

The gun sights bug out, its a little laggy, and more importantly its literally impossible to kill the dude sniping (a one shot gun) and camping the flag you have to stand still at for ten+ seconds. People tried but could barely ding him.

Floating in open space with a Sniper Rifle/Laser is OP.

Sniper Rifle/Laser loadout will be rewarded to subscribers only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TheLightPurges posted:

The gun sights bug out, its a little laggy, and more importantly its literally impossible to kill the dude sniping (a one shot gun) and camping the flag you have to stand still at for ten+ seconds. People tried but could barely ding him.

I'm the man with the binoculars permanently strapped to his loving face. God drat those stupid visor outlines get worse every time I see them.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

TheLightPurges posted:

I think they lifted those hit pings from the UTComp mod for Unreal Tournament.

Also, lol @ that exhaust smoke coming from the sniper rifle for...no reason at all?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheLightPurges posted:

Also if anyone wants to laugh at how broken the Cattepillar is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkmPnG4z4B0

The first 30 seconds kinda sums up the whole vid.

Looks like a good start. Lots of graphics issues. Lots of z-fighting issues. Lots of data loading issues between sections. I'd be very curious to know how this will work in the game itself. Just sitting there stationary by itself in an empty room it appears to have a considerable number of problems. That won't get better when it's plugged into their game world.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
"Epic first person shooter." -- Backers Everywhere

"Greatest thing to grace the first person market since Duck Hunter." -- PC Games

"Battlefield what?" -- GamersNexus

https://vid.me/1Fys

So pgabz I'm pretty sure you could upload this latest one and not even put your brand on it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i have been playing titanfall 2 a lot recently and this doesn't look as much fun

where is my grapple hook

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

I mean hell, Elite has been battling the PVP salt for how long now? Half the playerbase refuses to play in "online" mode for fear of getting griefed, and they don't even have the nifty feature of being able to run around and shoot guns at each other. There's a huge disconnect with the Citizens who all like to shout that goons demanded refunds because CIG wouldn't let them turn the game into an EVE-style greifing paradise, because even as it stands now Star Citizen is far more conducive to greifing than almost any other game out there, and in fact that's the only fun thing to do in the game.

Honestly one of the biggest things that will stop me from buying Elite in all likelyhood. I don't want to spend gaming time as someone else's amusement.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

alf_pogs posted:

i have been playing titanfall 2 a lot recently and this doesn't look as much fun

where is my grapple hook

im loving the Titanfall 2 free multiplayer weekend. i may buy it based on how fun, fast, fluid and spiderman-y it is. coming to this thread and seeing that garbage video made me cringe so bad. i'm the giant goggle outline and hilariously oversized gun that takes up 1/3 of the screen.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The melee attacks in this video highlight that the latency isn't very good. I wonder where the player is situated, because if they are American then lol.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Just pretend the last 15 or so years of advancement in shooters never happened and star marine is a very serviceable 1st release of a half life mod

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I guess the guy saying star marine wasn't playable until friday was right! I should probably listen to him more often

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

cool new Polack jokes posted:

This bugs me too. Xian is also the contemporary Chinese name for China itself within the country. What are the other alien races and what real life stereotypes are they based on?

The aliens that look like some animu bullshit (tevarin) are a feudal society that honors the art of war and follow strict and honorable code of the warrior where the most distinguished ones are known as warlords. They also do suicide stuff.

quote:

Originally the Tevarin followed Rijora (/REE-jorr-ah/), a warrior-code similar to Bushidō on ancient Earth.

their ship is the prowler, you know, the final fantasy ship knockoff.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

trucutru posted:

The aliens that look like some animu bullshit (tevarin) are a feudal society that honors the art of war and follow strict and honorable code of the warrior where the most distinguished ones are known as warlords. They also do suicide stuff.

their ship is the prowler, you know, the final fantasy ship knockoff.

Star Citizen lore is poo poo.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UPa52ETgTs&t=125s

Lol at the gravity kicking in.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

TheLightPurges posted:

Look at this poo poo. I cannot believe how much money has been wasted by this project.

Here is a polished useless asset we sold you. Oh the game? That isn't made yet but in the mean time please witness our ability to waste money and dev time for the illusion of progress. Thanks and don't forget to pick up that next special ship with fresh cash

I am screaming at the computer game.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Do you have a non 'derek smart was right' version of this by chance?

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

TheLightPurges posted:

Watching the poor camera go through this torture is legitimately Stimpirian

also the new <Use> is dumb. Doesn't look like you need to wait for it to finish, but putting a fairly slow animation on what will no doubt be the most frequent text you see is really silly

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I've asked some friends to get a refund.

because they're my friends.

none of them have refunded, lol.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/805627735116808192

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

TheLightPurges posted:

How to load it up with cargo?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Urm, I think you'll find that MoMA has said that everything is A-OK with Star Marine and perhaps you should pay a little more attention to him because he has vague secret sources.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

no_recall posted:

How to load it up with cargo?

Got :10bux: ?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

3-way CrossFire

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm a stupid PC noob, but what possible reason could anyone have for that setup besides "I have literally nothing and nobody else in my life to spend money on"?

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Dec 5, 2016

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

I'm a stupid PC noob, but what possible reason could anyone have for that setup besides "I have literally nothing and nobody else in my life to spend money on"?

I'm going to go with either that or "Mommy and Daddy and Uncle Frank want private time, so they buy me computer stuff so I will stay in the basement all the time. I can understand Mommy, Daddy, and Uncle Frank having fun together, but why do ALL of them have private with Shaggy, the miniature pony?"

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

So you can complain on reddit whenever a game doesn't work in triple SLI

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
This seems like "the million-dollar Bugatti Veyron I bought drives like poo poo on the streets of my city". Yes?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

skaboomizzy posted:

AMD is best for mining bitcoins. Normally I wouldn't jump to that conclusion but shitizens

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Pilz posted:

Honestly one of the biggest things that will stop me from buying Elite in all likelyhood. I don't want to spend gaming time as someone else's amusement.

You can just play offline if you want to avoid PVP. You can still keep all your stuff and play online if you change your mind. A better reason not to play Elite is it's still pretty boring after a couple of years of being out and a paid expansion. It's looking like they'll never manage to build engaging gameplay onto their pretty engine. I'm giving them another expansion before writing it off though.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mirificus posted:

3-way CrossFire

Yeah it's really weird how developers saw no reason to continue pouring effort into supporting multiple gpu setups as manufacturers made better and better single cards and as games moved increasingly to the single-card consoles.

Almost as if they were interested in staying in business rather than burning cash by pandering to the dozens of people who think the fact that they can barely run Crysis 3 on three loving gpus proves how great Crytek are at engines and games.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

skaboomizzy posted:

Yeah that's about it. SLI and Crossfire are for chumps with too much money to waste. I bet he's got RAID 0 SSDs too.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I had an SLI set up about five years ago because when I got my computer it was cheaper to strap together two x60 whatevers than get a y70. It was a huge loving hassle and I ended up playing most games with it turned off simply because things would consistently go fucky any time I tried to get them to do anything other than dedicated gpu + dedicated physx.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

I had an SLI set up about five years ago because when I got my computer it was cheaper to strap together two x60 whatevers than get a y70. It was a huge loving hassle and I ended up playing most games with it turned off simply because things would consistently go fucky any time I tried to get them to do anything other than dedicated gpu + dedicated physx.

It would be a cheap way to keep your GPU up to date if it worked right. DX12 is supposed to make it much easier to support but I haven't seen how that's panned out

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Berious posted:

You can just play offline if you want to avoid PVP. You can still keep all your stuff and play online if you change your mind. A better reason not to play Elite is it's still pretty boring after a couple of years of being out and a paid expansion. It's looking like they'll never manage to build engaging gameplay onto their pretty engine. I'm giving them another expansion before writing it off though.

I know, but something about playing a multiplayer (especially MMO) game in singleplayer mode always felt weird to me. And yeah, I keep hearing mixed reports. A lot of people love it, but a lot of people hate it.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

:golfclap:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:popeye:

I am greatly humbled and thankful

Thank you kindly :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TheLightPurges posted:

Amazing, CIG managed to make snipers even less fun to play against than in most games.

E: