Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Thoatse posted:

Do you have a non 'derek smart was right' version of this by chance?

https://i.imgur.com/cts0CYq.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The superfluous walkways in the cargo section annoy me. They serve no purpose other than to look cool and provide another way to walk around. Maybe they serve as an alternate FPS path? But if so it seems like just going outside the ship would be equally logical. More importantly they take up space that could be used for larger items or pieces of cargo. Maybe they make more sense with other modules that have two levels?

But yeah, it's hilariously broken. Are there any large ships that are actually polished and done?

That's it exactly. Just like the layout for the Starfarer, it makes very little practical sense if you were designing the ship for function, but works fairly well as an FPS level. Looks like all the larger ships are in for the flying FPS arena treatment.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Pilz posted:

I know, but something about playing a multiplayer (especially MMO) game in singleplayer mode always felt weird to me. And yeah, I keep hearing mixed reports. A lot of people love it, but a lot of people hate it.

We get that a lot in Warframe, everything in that game is designed as a 4 player coop game (except spy mission lol) and then you get people complaining that they can't solo the content. To be fair a lot of the content can be soloed once you get to a sufficient power level but still it shouldn't be expected and you should only blame yourself if you insist on playing solo.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

alphabettitouretti posted:

Yeah that's about it. SLI and Crossfire are for chumps with too much money to waste. I bet he's got RAID 0 SSDs too.

That's pretty dumb and wasteful imo. Better to RAID-1 those disks if you want redundancy, better to buy a newer, faster SSD if you've got a speed fetish.

In any case the perceived real-world performance doesn't differ very much between a good SSD and a very good SSD, you're much more likely to hit another bottleneck

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

e: thanks MeLKoR

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

BTW heres actual Star Marine footage. I swear its not a vid of my Knee hair

https://vid.me/bZ5x

The gun sights bug out, its a little laggy, and more importantly its literally impossible to kill the dude sniping (a one shot gun) and camping the flag you have to stand still at for ten+ seconds. People tried but could barely ding him.

Puzzled that this hasn't made it yet into the RSI forums, SC reddit or even the Evocati leaks reddit thingie.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Gotta respect the NDA you know.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MedicineHut posted:

Puzzled that this hasn't made it yet into the RSI forums, SC reddit or even the Evocati leaks reddit thingie.

too embarrassing

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Sandweed posted:

Gotta respect the NDA you know.

Oh right, that's what I meant

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I'm glad that you got pardoned btw.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

MedicineHut posted:

They made it a rule to not post any evocati stuff after the last patch. If you violate the TOS to download and run an unauthorised offline version, then that footage is is ok to post...

I think they are going to revise the rule since they realised that people are discussing the leaks in a subreddit run by a goon, and can't control the message. It doesn't help that when people ask questions about the evocati, someone replies with a link to the leak subreddit.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

http://i.imgur.com/aYOrSvG.gifv

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

:tviv: :five:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Westworld is a good tv show.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:popeye:

I am greatly humbled and thankful

Thank you kindly :3:

No probs. I was never going to ban anyone if I won anyway.

Booourns posted:

Do you think that this challenge improved the thread and cut down on random off topic shitposting?

It got rid of Marching Powder. Someone who's primary non- contribution to the thread was unironically whining about how people were not contributing to the thread. The straw that broke the camel's back for me was his "I'm not sexist, but..." post about another poster who has contributed a ton to the thread. He expected the thread to act as his personal army of performing monkeys, while suffering his occasional sexism and homo/transphobia.

He will be remembered by the single post where he contributed the most he could to the thread.

Truly the pinnacle of literary genius. He will be sorely missed. And by sorely missed I mean not at all, because he never loving contributed a thing other than one word reactions and meltdowns about how people were not entertaining him.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

They mentioned FYAD on the giant beastcast this weekend and I remembered this thread and the great FYAD threat. Now I know what it is to feel grief.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Xaerael posted:

It got rid of Marching Powder. Someone who's primary non- contribution to the thread was unironically whining about how people were not contributing to the thread. The straw that broke the camel's back for me was his "I'm not sexist, but..." post about another poster who has contributed a ton to the thread. He expected the thread to act as his personal army of performing monkeys, while suffering his occasional sexism and homo/transphobia.

He will be remembered by the single post where he contributed the most he could to the thread.

Truly the pinnacle of literary genius. He will be sorely missed. And by sorely missed I mean not at all, because he never loving contributed a thing other than one word reactions and meltdowns about how people were not entertaining him.

I remember when I posted a cap of a bad FYAD post and MP went to the FYAD thread, read it all and then chastised me over half a dozen posts for not including context

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Raskolnikov posted:

It's actually a loving amazing tv show :colbert:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ripptide posted:

That's it exactly. Just like the layout for the Starfarer, it makes very little practical sense if you were designing the ship for function, but works fairly well as an FPS level. Looks like all the larger ships are in for the flying FPS arena treatment.

That's actually a good thing since it suggests they're thinking about gameplay. Which is why I assume it's something else.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Xaerael posted:

Let's call this the last post on the subject and move on.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That's actually a good thing since it suggests they're thinking about gameplay. Which is why I assume it's something else.

I'd agree it's a good thing if you were designing a space FPS game, but as a space sim reallifealternativeworldinabox, the designs suck.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Xaerael posted:

Don't forget his sarcastic reply of "puppet master" whenever anyone put him in his place.

Anyway, I eagerly await a video highlighting the undocumented features of Star Marine: GotY Every Year from the resident dancing cat with rage issues. ... Although I guess that would require it to be released.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

It's actually a loving amazing tv show :colbert:

I've only seen half the final episode, but the Shane parody was the most I've laughed at a TV show in quite a while.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Agreed.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Wait, they released Star Marine?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I've only seen half the final episode, but the Shane parody was the most I've laughed at a TV show in quite a while.

Pick up the shitpost...

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Randarkman posted:

Wait, they released Star Marine?

"Released" like a constipated man releases after a bowl of prunes.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Xaerael posted:

"Released" like a constipated man releases after a bowl of prunes.

So, like Arena Commander then.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Raskolnikov posted:

mediocre but watchable.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

but you cant get over(move on) star citizen so please allow us our crosses to bear please?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://vid.me/1Fys

this is amazing

almost pgabz worthy

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Honestly a space-based FPS with Zero gravity combat could be a real good addition to the genre if they would just ditch the whole space sim or at least limit it to what's technologically feasible

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

https://vid.me/1Fys

this is amazing

almost pgabz worthy

I am the dulled down iron man red/yellow colour scheme and bastardized iron man/army of two hockey mask helmet on the identical looking commandos

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

intardnation posted:

mediocre but watchable.

Being lazy here but how do they go about making that a TV show? I mean I've seen the movie West World, and from what I remember it was basically just a theme park with robotic people, there's West World where you go to saloons and gun down a robot version of the dude from Magnificent Seven, and then there's Medieval World which is endless feasting and court stuff and Roman world which is just orgies. Then the whole thing just goes haywire and the robots lose their inhibitions and start murdering people, particularly the West World gunslinger who's kind of like the Terminator of the movie. The heroes have to run away from him and try to fix things or atleast stop the robots.

How is that a series?

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Dec 5, 2016

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Randarkman posted:

Being lazy here but how do they go about making that a TV show? I mean I've seen the movie West World, and from what I remember it was basically just a theme park with robotic people, there's West World where you go to saloons and gun down a robot version of the dude from Magnificent Seven, and then there's Medieval World which is endless feasting and court stuff and Roman world which is just orgies. Then the whole thing just goes haywire and the robots lose their inhibitions and start murdering people, particularly the West World gunslinger who's kind of like the Terminator of the movie and the heroes have to run away from him and try to fix things or atleast stop the robots.

How is that a series?

Hollywood/LA and HBO. That pretty well sums it up, methinks.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Randarkman posted:

How is that a series?
100% serious posting, just go watch it. You will be surprised.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Amarcarts posted:

Honestly a space-based FPS with Zero gravity combat could be a real good addition to the genre if they would just ditch the whole space sim or at least limit it to what's technologically feasible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sqbXtbAQdw

:rip:

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Raskolnikov posted:

100% serious posting, just go watch it. You will be surprised.

I'm guessing it mostly just goes with the concept underlying the movie? A theme park with robot people you can murder or gently caress with no consequence? And isn't basically the movie's plot in serial form which was pretty much just the Terminator (before the Terminator) in the Wild West.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

What about that guy who said it wasn't in there, like at all when 2.6 first went to Evocati?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Just in time for the upcoming holiday sale, the chairman sent out another newsletter (this is the anniversary sale one) ahead of the upcoming holiday sale. It's not live on RSI yet, but start laughing. He actually wrote this:

"For those keeping track, we got Alpha 2.6 made the release window forecast from the Production Schedule Report"

Remember when I said they pushed 2.6 out on 11-30 in order to claim that it was "released"?