Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Kingtheninja posted:

Is the defender the one from tie fighter or rebel assault 2?

These guys:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Goddamn there's a lot of TIE variants

I don't think that's even all of them.

The TIE crawler is just adorable. :allears:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

The TIE star Cruiser is just an RV with TIE wings.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

All legends now, thankfully in many cases.

TIE Fighter, Interceptor, Bomber, Striker, Advanced x1, Advanced v1, /fo, /sf, and Defender are canon.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Dec 5, 2016

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Good episode, especially after the last two, which I wasn't wild about. I particularly liked the game of AT-AT strafing keep-away. Of all the people who could be recurring characters on this show, I definitely wasn't expecting to see the farmer from S1 again.

I think next week is the "winter finale," which usually means big things will happen.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

DancinBrud posted:

Good episode, especially after the last two, which I wasn't wild about. I particularly liked the game of AT-AT strafing keep-away. Of all the people who could be recurring characters on this show, I definitely wasn't expecting to see the farmer from S1 again.

I wouldn't be too hasty in using "recurring".

DancinBrud posted:

I think next week is the "winter finale," which usually means big things will happen.

This really begs the question of how they will top last season- what with Ashoka dying/not dying and the confrontation with Vader.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Winter finale is gonna have links to Rogue One, at least I hope. The preview has Maul in it again, and we still haven't seen the 'green mist' scenes from the trailer, nor have we seen Bo Katan Kryze, and her actress was credited as a VA for this season

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

tribbledirigible posted:

I wouldn't be too hasty in using "recurring".

This really begs the question of how they will top last season- what with Ashoka dying/not dying and the confrontation with Vader.

Wasn't that the season finale? IIRC the winter finale was the rebel city getting bombarded, adn Ezra saving Clancy Brown from Prison

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

bunnyofdoom posted:

Wasn't that the season finale? IIRC the winter finale was the rebel city getting bombarded, adn Ezra saving Clancy Brown from Prison

This is correct

This year the winter finale is on December 10, and Rogue one comes out a week later, I'm hoping there's at least a tenuous connection - though the two parter return in January is called "Ghosts of Geonosis"

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 5, 2016

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Given that it's a Maul episode, I think that's unlikely, but I wouldn't be surprised to see maybe Cassian Andor show up in the second half of the season.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

most of them are TIE Bombers variants. :)

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
I love the TIE Hunter for some dumb reason. :allears:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
TIE Experimental mk 1 is hilariously dumb. Two cockpits, one wing (so it isn't even a TIE fighter as it only has one ion engine), and the guns on the sides of the cockpit. So much wrong in one starship.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Covok posted:

TIE Experimental mk 1 is hilariously dumb. Two cockpits, one wing (so it isn't even a TIE fighter as it only has one ion engine), and the guns on the sides of the cockpit. So much wrong in one starship.

The panels aren't the engines, otherwise the TIE Defender wouldn't be a TIE.

e:Unless it's a Triplet Ion Engine Defender, I guess.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Actually I do believe the TIE Defender has 3 engines. Vader's Advanced has four, so really the "Twin" part doesn't hold out on many TIEs.

Covok posted:

The second "cockpit" actually houses a light turbolaser/super heavy blaster.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Actually I do believe the TIE Defender has 3 engines. Vader's Advanced has four, so really the "Twin" part doesn't hold out on many TIEs.

The second "cockpit" actually houses a light turbolaser/super heavy blaster.

twin can mean two sets of two

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AoQR1wXTdc

Kevin Kiner with the oh-so-timely Obi-Wan/Satine love theme cue :monocle:

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Dec 6, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
"These are artifacts I collected to help us restore our memories."

"Look at all this junk."

Erza, never change.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh lord, the TIE Electronic Warfare is just a Bomber with an AWACS dish glued to it.

And the TIE Experimental mk. 1 looks like it was designed by dyslexic engineers.

And what the hell is the difference between a T.I.E. Fighter and a TIE Fighter?!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

IronSaber posted:

Oh lord, the TIE Electronic Warfare is just a Bomber with an AWACS dish glued to it.

And the TIE Experimental mk. 1 looks like it was designed by dyslexic engineers.

And what the hell is the difference between a T.I.E. Fighter and a TIE Fighter?!

The former was a Republic-era prototype, the latter the general production Imperial model, as I just learned here. I'm glad someone took the time to preserve all that lost knowledge.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

IronSaber posted:

It's got little period things in between the T the I and the E.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

IronSaber posted:

One stands for Twin Ion Engine and is descriptive, so it's not protectable as a trademark. The other, if it's used long enough, doesn't "mean" anything, and, as such, is protectable.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Test Pattern posted:

One stands for Twin Ion Engine and is descriptive, so it's not protectable as a trademark. The other, if it's used long enough, doesn't "mean" anything, and, as such, is protectable.

The Galactic Empire, led by the Sith and copyright lawyers.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/Darth_Hardy/status/806233097360445440

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I mean.

It is.

What I'm wondering is if it's going to simply be a visual reference or something more substantial.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Also wondering what the bottom right ship is, long, narrow, and neither CR90 nor Hammerhead

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Reminds me of one of the many kit-bashed background ships in the fleet shots of ESB:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress.... I am a grown rear end man and that makes me more excited than anything. It'll probably be just an easter egg.... but what if there is a little more?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

IronSaber posted:

Lots of AWACS are just planes with a radar dish bolted on

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Bad Moon posted:

Lots of AWACS are just planes with a radar dish bolted on

Are they fighter aircraft or just regular aircraft? I really have no clue.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Kwatz posted:

Are they fighter aircraft or just regular aircraft? I really have no clue.

The biggest one is a converted 767 called the e-767 but there is also the growler which is a converted ground attack fighter so yes

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
They are usually converted passenger planes or cargo haulers or bombers that are eventually dedicated electronic warning system platforms.

Smaller ones also exist though.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

This is very cool.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

I don't see the Ghost :ohdear:

New ep is up on XD site and I wonder how much of the one shot comic they're going to use, considering that was supposed to happen when Luke was a baby.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

tribbledirigible posted:

New ep is up on XD site and I wonder how much of the one shot comic they're going to use, considering that was supposed to happen when Luke was a baby.

Can't really imagine much else being used besides the general concept of the comic itself.

What's weird to me is that they're setting up this search for Tatooine plot when Bail Organa totally knows where he is, as does Maul apparently (I mean what else is "It ends where it begins" supposed to indicate). Where are they going with this?

Also, count me as someone who (Dark Disciple spoilers)was kind of hoping for a Ventress ghost appearance considering she was laid to rest in the Nightsister cave. Not really surprised that didn't happen, for various reasons, but still.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Dec 10, 2016

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf
Where on the XD site is it? Im only finding trailers and clips.

Nevermind found it

http://watchdisneyxd.go.com/star-wars-rebels/video/vdka3572601/03/10-visions-and-voices

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I'm liking how they are keeping with droid sexual dimorphism. AP5 and Chopper make a cute couple.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Shbobdb posted:

I'm liking how they are keeping with droid sexual dimorphism. AP5 and Chopper make a cute couple.

I'm not saying your interpretation is wrong, but I never really looked at astromech droids as gendered. The main descriptor that comes up for me when I think of Chopper is murderous rear end in a top hat.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

tribbledirigible posted:

I don't see the Ghost :ohdear:

They circled it for you....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

They circled it for you....

Whoops, meant the Phantom v2.

• Locked thread