Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
My Amazon order I placed last week has beaten the Oculus one I placed in spring. Coming tomorrow woop.
Anyone know how the preorder game codes are delivered by Amazon?
e: turns out they send the email 'within 48 hours of dispatch': https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&...4A96KSBBMBGWKSN

El Grillo fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Dec 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttlet
Nov 16, 2016

El Grillo posted:

My Amazon order I placed last week has beaten the Oculus one I placed in spring. Coming tomorrow woop.
Anyone know how the preorder game codes are delivered by Amazon?

When I got my Vive off Amazon they sent the codes by email when it shipped.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Woo, package received. Looking forward to trying SPT and wizards tonight.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Looks like I'm getting my Touch today instead of tomorrow, yay! Ordered from Oculus directly. One thing I'm concerned about is that I never received an email with codes like other people have. I checked my trash and spam but I never received it. Does Oculus automatically add games for people who order directly through them?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Nalin posted:

Looks like I'm getting my Touch today instead of tomorrow, yay! Ordered from Oculus directly. One thing I'm concerned about is that I never received an email with codes like other people have. I checked my trash and spam but I never received it. Does Oculus automatically add games for people who order directly through them?

No, you should get a code. They aren't going to be available to DL until tomorrow though so you might still get it in time, otherwise you probably need to contact Oculus support.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
The Touch embargo is over and reviews are looking pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7iJWO7Q_Uk
http://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2016/12/oculus-touch-controller-review/
http://kotaku.com/oculus-touch-review-the-best-vr-you-can-get-1789670303
https://www.wired.com/2016/12/review-oculus-touch/
http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/5/13836348/oculus-touch-review-rift-controllers (This one was obviously written awhile ago, they mention that Haptics don't work with SteamVR)

http://uploadvr.com/oculus-touch-controllers-review/

edit: Bonus video of volume tracking with 2 sensors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abTo0JpjNyg

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Dec 5, 2016

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Nice shipping chat :v

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Signed up for an OR demo at best buy on Wednesday. I probably shouldn't have, because I'll just want to get a HMD more.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
PC gets the Resident Evil 7 demo on Dec 19th, and the game is due to launch alongside PS4 on Jan 24th:

https://www.vg247.com/2016/12/05/resident-evil-7-demo-finally-drops-on-pc-on-december-19/

They're already said it is going to fully support VR on PC. It still looks like it will make people queasy though. It uses a movement system similar to Minecraft: first person with snap-degree turning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN5HHjRIUq4

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Zero VGS posted:

PC gets the Resident Evil 7 demo on Dec 19th, and the game is due to launch alongside PS4 on Jan 24th:

https://www.vg247.com/2016/12/05/resident-evil-7-demo-finally-drops-on-pc-on-december-19/

They're already said it is going to fully support VR on PC. It still looks like it will make people queasy though. It uses a movement system similar to Minecraft: first person with snap-degree turning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN5HHjRIUq4

I played this yesterday on PS4 and it was incredible.I see this game scarying the living daylights out of me. The movement made me feel a little sick to my stomach (Very little) at the start, but then I got used to it. I haven't gotten sick yet on any game I have played so I have been lucky. But this one made me feel a bit of a tinge of a stomach issue. After 3-4 minutes, it went away however. How I mitigated it was looking around to where to wanted to go first, then moving there. Rather than using the controller to move around and help with my viewing. After I changed the playstyle a bit, it was awesome and the tinge of sickness went away.

All in all, this is going to be one scary loving game in VR and was very visually impressive.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
ahaha never thought I'd be one of the fools this would happen to. I am in the process of moving and had our bedroom totally cleared out. 4x4.5m of space. obviously set it up for VR. Raw Data was so much fun as I was running around, flanking dudes and getting back attacks left and right.

now, I am used to my smaller space, where I know that a full overhead swing won't hit anything if my feet are on the ground. unfortunately just a few feet away from that, and well in my new play area, is a light fixture. well I should say was a light fixture. one very enthusiastic overhead sword swing later and I showered myself, my watching gf and my friend with glass. went right through the fixture and smashed the bulb in half too. was lucky not to cut my hand worse than I did, just a bit of blood and the controller was fine.

so keep in mind, if you ever change/expand your play area, you need to refamilarize yourself with what's dangerous and what's not, especially if you are used to certain motions being 100% ok in your previous play area.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Nalin posted:

Looks like I was wrong and the preorder games are live now, so you might wanna email support to get your codes.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Resident Evil worth buying a PS VR for? i think I've given up on trying to find someone that has one to play with to know if Im sensitive to Vr, also dont have a PS4 pro if that matters

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Resident Evil worth buying a PS VR for? i think I've given up on trying to find someone that has one to play with to know if Im sensitive to Vr, also dont have a PS4 pro if that matters

All PSVR games can work on the base model, and RE7 can work without VR, so maybe pick up the game first or wait for reviews.

If you can find someone with a Rift or Gear VR and play the free Minecraft demo you'd learn pretty quick what your tolerance is. The locomotion style is similar to RE7.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Any chance of something like a best buy or something having a stand up?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Walrus posted:

now, I am used to my smaller space, where I know that a full overhead swing won't hit anything if my feet are on the ground. unfortunately just a few feet away from that, and well in my new play area, is a light fixture. well I should say was a light fixture. one very enthusiastic overhead sword swing later and I showered myself, my watching gf and my friend with glass. went right through the fixture and smashed the bulb in half too. was lucky not to cut my hand worse than I did, just a bit of blood and the controller was fine.

oh drat. The perils of virtual reality. I fully knocked over a beer trying someone's PSVR.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

more shipping chat: Fedex insists my delivery is scheduled for delivery today, but it's still listed as "in transit" at the local sorting facility, so I have a feeling I'm getting it tomorrow.

Probably doesn't matter. In world's worst timing I tweaked a back muscle terribly somehow, so I can barely move anyway.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Speaking of Swivel VR games, wasnt the newest Call lf Duty supposed to support VR for the whole campaign? I dont remember hearing any word on that. Did tye graphics hold up on conso,es? Was it a mess?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Speaking of Swivel VR games, wasnt the newest Call lf Duty supposed to support VR for the whole campaign? I dont remember hearing any word on that. Did tye graphics hold up on conso,es? Was it a mess?

I don't think it did. On PS4 the only VR feature it had was the Jackal Assault space combat mode, which was released as a free standalone anyway. I never played any other part of it but I understand the graphics were as expected and it's enough of a mess that Titanfall 2 saw an opening and went hard for it.

Enabling VR in Call of Duty with no other changes sounds like a terrible idea :barf:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
http://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-touch-and-htc-vive-roomscale-dimensions-compared-versus-vs-visualized/

Various room scales compared.

The 3 camera setup max size seems to be a little smaller than the Vive recommended setup.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003
To talk Vive for a minute on the Touch day. Does anyone have an issue with the Vive earbuds falling out whenever you look up. I've found nearly everytime I look up more than 10 degrees the earbuds really want to fall out. I think it's the weight of the 3-1 cord pulling them out.

I have a set of closed ear cans with a short cord that can use but I like the earbuds if I could just keep them in my ear.

Now that I type this out I think it's likely that one or both of the loops from the ear is going under the 3 in 1 cable causing the issue. I'll try again after making sure I have a clear line from the ear buds over the 3-1.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I used to have that issue but then my mom's dog chewed the poo poo out of the audio cable and headphones. So, problem solved.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

A few things I noticed on the Oculus store:

Bullet Train demo is free to download!

Ripcoil is free with any other Oculus store purchase. This is a game that hasn't had much hype but I remember hearing good things a while ago.

Five game package for $90 - inclues I Expect You To Die, Superhot VR, The Climb, Space Pirate Trainer, and Kingspray. None except Kingspray are explicitly multiplayer games so you're safe buying them on Oculus Store.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
poo poo, missed my touch by half an hour. Oh well, my new graphics card's not here yet anyway

Surprise Giraffe fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Dec 5, 2016

Baish
Jul 29, 2010

The Walrus posted:

ahaha never thought I'd be one of the fools this would happen to. I am in the process of moving and had our bedroom totally cleared out. 4x4.5m of space. obviously set it up for VR. Raw Data was so much fun as I was running around, flanking dudes and getting back attacks left and right.

so keep in mind, if you ever change/expand your play area, you need to refamilarize yourself with what's dangerous and what's not, especially if you are used to certain motions being 100% ok in your previous play area.

I punched my overhead light during the setup/controller tutorial demo for the Vive. Didn't break the bulb, but knocked the shade off the light trying to punch balloons.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Poetic Justice posted:

Looks like I was wrong and the preorder games are live now, so you might wanna email support to get your codes.

I got my touch at 9:30am this morning. I set everything up, played through the tutorial, and discovered that Dead and Buried, Oculus Medium, and Toy Box are all "Purchased" for me in the store. So that was nice. The Unspoken and VR Sports Challenge is not free, however, so I will probably need to write to support about those.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Nalin posted:

I got my touch at 9:30am this morning. I set everything up, played through the tutorial, and discovered that Dead and Buried, Oculus Medium, and Toy Box are all "Purchased" for me in the store. So that was nice. The Unspoken and VR Sports Challenge is not free, however, so I will probably need to write to support about those.

You have to actually input the codes. Double check your email?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

AndrewP posted:

You have to actually input the codes. Double check your email?

I never got any email with the codes. I looked around on the Oculus forums and it looks like some people haven't gotten theirs either. I'll wait until tomorrow I guess before I submit a ticket.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Touch games are now on the Store, and the Touch Devs got fuuuuuucked.

Medium $30
Quill $30
Dead and Buried $40
The Unspoken $40
VR Sports Challenge $30
Robo Recall $Probably 40

I was expecting the Oculus titles to be free, but this is going really far.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I didn't get my codes either. I put in a ticket this morning. Hopefully I hear something soon.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kazy posted:

Medium $30
Quill $30
Dead and Buried $40
The Unspoken $40
VR Sports Challenge $30
Robo Recall $Probably 40

I was expecting the Oculus titles to be free, but this is going really far.

I don't follow, how did they get hosed?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

AndrewP posted:

I don't follow, how did they get hosed?

It'll end up being cheaper to buy the Touch for the preorder bonuses than to be a dev and have to pay for them all.

e: The only thing that's 100% free is Toybox.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ooooooooh, I thought you meant the developers of those titles.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Well it's not December 6th yet, maybe you can still preorder :V

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Just finished the demos, touch rules!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Pro tip: if you want Ripcoil for a dollar, buy Street Champ VR and you'll have it.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Just received a text message from Fedex that Touch is arriving by 14/12 (that's day/month for you abnormal people).

Delivery location is the great island nation of punch-a-roo.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
A few tech news sites are saying that with touch, the rift edges out the Vive as a better headset.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Seems like Harmonix didn't get their store page up in time for the Rock Band VR url in the Touch packaging to work.

Kazy posted:

You might get more sympathy if you phrase that as "people who didn't preorder Touch" rather than "people who got Touch early for free".

Anyway, if devs ask nicely I'm sure Oculus will happily give them free codes for "research"*. Dev outreach is still very important to the company after all - they need all the content they can get.

*Offer may not be available to devs who have publically denounced Oculus. Talk to your local representative for details or colourful insults.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

The Walrus posted:

On day one of me owning a vive i knocked a can of coke onto my keyboard so I had to clean the fucker. Then an hour later I smashed a ceiling light with an over enthusiastic grenade toss in H3VR