Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Met posted:

##choose Tobbs Gnawed

yeah what the gently caress is with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

i am the bird posted:

It's been awhile since I've played but I guess I'm mostly referring to making inferences based on mechanics we don't actually know. Poke-canon might not actually apply here, and things like saying "dark is prolly bad" like Met did makes no inherent sense, nor does guessing who can or can't evolved until we see more info.

I did not say "Dark is prolly bad" for the fun of it. I have information on that. I also did not guess who can't evolve. Based on the information he gave us, he can only be Sneasel.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I guess you could say you...

:cool:

....flocked him up.

Success!
Total Strength: 6

There will now be open nights! :toot:

The challengers have gained a point of experience!

Because of a change in work schedule, deadline is moving up to Tuesday, December 6th at 7:00 PM, PST. I may be a little late if work goes long but with open nights, that won't be a huge deal.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
welp. Everyone in this group was honest. 2+2+1+1

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
also ##unvote

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
WHERE IS MY PRESENT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Grats, challengers.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

give head or get dead posted:

yeah what the gently caress is with this

He said he was neutrally effective and that he can evolve. Seemed like a good bet to me.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Kashuno posted:

WHERE IS MY PRESENT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

do not make bird santa angry

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Back to the vote, I truly believe Infinitum is a good lynch.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Met posted:

I did not say "Dark is prolly bad" for the fun of it. I have information on that. I also did not guess who can't evolve. Based on the information he gave us, he can only be Sneasel.

Hmm, okay. I still have my follow-up question about why not evolving = mafia role, though.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Open nights = thread remains open?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

i am the bird posted:

Open nights = thread remains open?
Correct.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Met posted:

He said he was neutrally effective and that he can evolve. Seemed like a good bet to me.

Okay sorry friend that vote just seemed a little random thats all sorry i didnt mean to make you upset :(

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

i am the bird posted:

Hmm, okay. I still have my follow-up question about why not evolving = mafia role, though.

It's not "If you don't evolve, you're Mafia", it's that not being able to evolve = stronger starting abilities which is consistent with Mafia-aligned players in a Role madness. It's not just that alone, it's that paired with the other things as well. The OP says Gym Battles are for Town-Oriented rewards. Town benefit from winning gym battles and gaining experience to get stronger powers, so logically it's up to Mafia to prevent that. So why is someone who can't evolve or make use of experience trying to take up slots for the easiest gym in the game?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

give head or get dead posted:

Okay sorry friend that vote just seemed a little random thats all sorry i didnt mean to make you upset :(

I'm not upset, Bignothing. Do your thang.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Met posted:

It's not "If you don't evolve, you're Mafia", it's that not being able to evolve = stronger starting abilities which is consistent with Mafia-aligned players in a Role madness. It's not just that alone, it's that paired with the other things as well. The OP says Gym Battles are for Town-Oriented rewards. Town benefit from winning gym battles and gaining experience to get stronger powers, so logically it's up to Mafia to prevent that. So why is someone who can't evolve or make use of experience trying to take up slots for the easiest gym in the game?

Kashuno is also suspicious for this reason but he can clear himself to me by giving a present to someone who ends up being town. I don't believe his win condition though.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:siren:GIFT RECEIVER MFCROCKER:siren:

Based on the hint in my present reception PM, it seems there is a solid chance the present may not be a boon, but not that it will definitely be bad. As a result, I present you the option to either accept the gift or to have me deliver it to someone else. Let me know!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Met posted:

Kashuno is also suspicious for this reason but he can clear himself to me by giving a present to someone who ends up being town. I don't believe his win condition though.

how does giving a gift to town clear me specifically? Not like I would know who's town ahead of time???

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Kashuno posted:

how does giving a gift to town clear me specifically? Not like I would know who's town ahead of time???

You wouldn't, no. I just don't see the benefit of Mafia being able to give town boons.

But now you're saying that your gifts can be harmful so I guess that saves you from that hole.

I don't understand your purpose. You merely survive 4 days, giving gifts to whoever you want. Doesn't seem very balanced or fun for that matter. I think you're a liar but you're not worth going after right now. I think Infinitum is a better D1 Lynch.

That being said, give me your boon/curse.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Met posted:

You wouldn't, no. I just don't see the benefit of Mafia being able to give town boons.

But now you're saying that your gifts can be harmful so I guess that saves you from that hole.

I don't understand your purpose. You merely survive 4 days, giving gifts to whoever you want. Doesn't seem very balanced or fun for that matter. I think you're a liar but you're not worth going after right now. I think Infinitum is a better D1 Lynch.

MFCrocker has claim to my present tonight! If he wants to pass it to you, he can :)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I don't mind getting hit with a harmful present if that's what you have.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Met posted:

I don't mind getting hit with a harmful present if that's what you have.

I understand, but I told MFCrocker the gift was his. I have let him know the possible danger, so take your case up with him.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I was.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Met is pinging my gut a little. When whomever receives the gift should probably be protected in order to make sure we can sort out the Kash claim. Does this make sense? Is this a bad idea?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Met (1): SirSamVimes, Kashuno, Kashuno
Jonathan Fisk (1): Truth Quark
Infinitum (1): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, Met
Dick Bastardly (1): this is a stickup
Truth Quark (1): Infinitum, Kashuno, Kashuno
mfcrocker (1): SLASHER HAWKE
SLASHER HAWKE (1): mfcrocker
tpink (0): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE
give head or get dead (0): give head or get dead, give head or get dead
Retro Futurist (0): Met, Met

Not Voting (11): Absurd Revolver, Dick Bastardly, give head or get dead, HiipFire, i am the bird, IllegallySober, Jonathan Fisk, Kashuno, Retro Futurist, Tobbs Gnawed, tpink

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to hang. The current deadline is December 06th, 2016 at 7 p.m. PST -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dick Bastardly posted:

Met is pinging my gut a little. When whomever receives the gift should probably be protected in order to make sure we can sort out the Kash claim. Does this make sense? Is this a bad idea?

I don't think protective roles should spell it out what they're doing.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Met posted:

He claimed a fighting type and backed down from putting himself up for the first gym, though.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

i am the bird posted:

He claimed a fighting type and backed down from putting himself up for the first gym, though.

Huh. He did. My bad, guys. Thanks for double checking my work!

##vote Kashuno

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Kashuno posted:

I don't think protective roles should spell it out what they're doing.

:agreed:

please for goodness sake don't talk about this in the thread, just do it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
There's no black color scheme pokemon that is fighting type in Gen 1 or 2. So Infinitum is still a liar.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Met posted:

Huh. He did. My bad, guys. Thanks for double checking my work!

##vote Kashuno

wha...?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
Met is pinging me a bit too. Sure Tobbs didn't lie about being ok against the gym, but why was Met in such a hurry to nominate someone and ruin my pact with my friend?

Spoilers, if I'm asking to be nominated, I'm implying that I am at least not a detrimental type.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Met posted:

This strikes me as weird too. I didn't play the prior iteration of this game, so maybe I am missing something, but this seems like a really strange role. Idgi.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Beepbeep

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

how does it relate to the fighting type thing..???

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Met posted:

There's no black color scheme pokemon that is fighting type in Gen 1 or 2. So Infinitum is still a liar.

hitmonlee has black eyes how are you so loving dense

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Kashuno posted:

how does it relate to the fighting type thing..???

Sorry. I should have spelled it out for you.

quote:

It's not "If you don't evolve, you're Mafia", it's that not being able to evolve = stronger starting abilities which is consistent with Mafia-aligned players in a Role madness. It's not just that alone, it's that paired with the other things as well. The OP says Gym Battles are for Town-Oriented rewards. Town benefit from winning gym battles and gaining experience to get stronger powers, so logically it's up to Mafia to prevent that. So why is someone who can't evolve or make use of experience trying to take up slots for the easiest gym in the game? Kashuno is also suspicious for this reason but he can clear himself to me by giving a present to someone who ends up being town. I don't believe his win condition though.

Met posted:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:laffo: holy poo poo your logic is so faulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
How so?

• Locked thread