Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Infinitum posted:

I'm a Fighting Pokemon.
So I have a 2x advantage against Flying.

for someone who has allegedlu played about 100hrs of Pokemon this week how do you get this wrong holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

for someone who has allegedlu played about 100hrs of Pokemon this week how do you get this wrong holy poo poo

:agreed: 2x against normal but wtf?

also Met you said yourself that I am not a good d1 lnych because I can give my stuff to town to "prove" myself, but now you're sure that I, A GUY WHO MATHEMATICALLY IS PROVEN TO HAVE TOLD THE TRUTH, am anti-town.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

i am the bird posted:

Not a fan of the weird (fake?) claiming going on tbh

what do you think was fake?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Gonna re-read Kash's weird claim in a sec because apparently I missed it.

But I am stuck on the 'a non-evolver might have a stronger role therefore they must be mafia' idea because this mostly seems like a good way to lynch a townie with a powerful role. Also, linking 'black in a color scheme' to 'list of black pokemon by some wiki page' isn't scummy to me but it doesn't really add up for me as a case for lying.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

But then again, this.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

i am the bird posted:

Gonna re-read Kash's weird claim in a sec because apparently I missed it.

But I am stuck on the 'a non-evolver might have a stronger role therefore they must be mafia' idea because this mostly seems like a good way to lynch a townie with a powerful role. Also, linking 'black in a color scheme' to 'list of black pokemon by some wiki page' isn't scummy to me but it doesn't really add up for me as a case for lying.

How the gently caress is it weird I literally claimed delibird and the first gym loving confirms my typing is +2 (LIKE ICE)

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Kashuno posted:

How the gently caress is it weird I literally claimed delibird and the first gym loving confirms my typing is +2 (LIKE ICE)

I misread while catching up and thought you were a diff person then the gift-giver person

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

i am the bird posted:

I misread while catching up and thought you were a diff person then the gift-giver person

:sun:

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

also I haven't gotten any gifts so what's the loving deal

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

i am the bird posted:

also I haven't gotten any gifts so what's the loving deal

I GIVE ONE GIFT PER XP

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Kashuno posted:

:agreed: 2x against normal but wtf?

also Met you said yourself that I am not a good d1 lnych because I can give my stuff to town to "prove" myself, but now you're sure that I, A GUY WHO MATHEMATICALLY IS PROVEN TO HAVE TOLD THE TRUTH, am anti-town.

Mathmatically proven? I'm not saying you're not Delibird. I'm saying AT BEST you will be taking up space in gym fights that could be going to evolve town players just so you can give a present that may be helpful or harmful to who you give it to and you don't know which it will be. At worst, you're scum taking gym slots away and your claimed win condition and ability are false.

You're a reasonable D1 lynch.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You mean at best I'm preventing scum from being in the battle because you know my typing?

I am not a reasonable d1 lynch because I can gifts and I am trying to be upfront and honest. You want an excuse to lynch someone lol without scum hunting.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Okay Kash, give the gift to Met.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mfcrocker posted:

Okay Kash, give the gift to Met.

You got it!

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Kashuno posted:

I GIVE ONE GIFT PER XP

Excuses

Agreed with Met though that I don't necessarily see the point in putting Kash in challenges if he's not expressly helping town, esp. if he's giving ambiguous gifts to random people that have no guarantee of helping town but could hurt us instead

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You should put me in if it doesn't hurt town to do so because you know my typing already.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Kashuno posted:

You mean at best I'm preventing scum from being in the battle because you know my typing?

I am not a reasonable d1 lynch because I can gifts and I am trying to be upfront and honest. You want an excuse to lynch someone lol without scum hunting.

This is scum hunting. You said your gifts may be harmful. So your ability is neutral to the town. Why should we cooperate by allowing you XP?

If a Mafia takes a gym slot and they lied about their typing in a way that hurt us, we'd have more information to go on. Town benefits no matter what by not having you in gym battles. Either we're getting experience or we're getting information.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Truth Quark posted:

And I know my own type so even if Hiip and GHGD were bad we'd still win

Not that it matters now that I've been betrayed.

this seems to be a +2 claim for the gym

kash claimed ice and hiip claimed rock which were both +2

is someone fudging their type?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Kashuno posted:

You should put me in if it doesn't hurt town to do so because you know my typing already.

As Met said, you might not inherently hurt us but you don't necessarily help us either. That's a poor choice for challenges.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Met posted:

Town benefits no matter what by not having you in gym battles. Either we're getting experience or we're getting information.

But by letting you get XP for gifts which may hurt or help us... we effectively get nothing. We'd be rolling the dice on whether your gift is helpful and if it actually goes to a town.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Here's a hot take: I don't think we should lynch kash before he at least gives out one gift so we can see what the hell it does.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Kash, are your gifts likely to be like 50-50 to be good vs. bad or something else? How risky a proposition are we talking about.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

So the only way to get a 6 is

2,-1,1,-1 would be a failure
2,2,-1,-1 would also be a failure.

I think TQ just sucks at math

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

tpink posted:

Kash, are your gifts likely to be like 50-50 to be good vs. bad or something else? How risky a proposition are we talking about.

I will discuss this more tomorrow if that's okay.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Actually, I will state this: I know factually what the gift I am giving Met tonight does for him, and we can discuss it tomorrow further assuming I am alive.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

which one is it TQ?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Kashuno posted:

Actually, I will state this: I know factually what the gift I am giving Met tonight does for him, and we can discuss it tomorrow further assuming I am alive.

You're giving me a gift? :)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Met posted:

You're giving me a gift? :)

Crocker said to give it to you??

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I think one of the complications is that we don't know the specific advantages/disadvantages to the Gym.

"There will be three Type Advantages and three Type Disadvantages, unique to each gym, which affect the strength of the challengers.

By default, a challenger counts as +1. An advantage makes you count as +2, a disadvantage makes you count as -1."

~Gym 1 - Pidgey and Pidgeotto. Both Normal/Flying
Weak to: Rock, Electric, Ice
Immune to: Ground, Ghost
Resistent to: Bug, Grass

??/?? - give head or get dead "It's a good type". (1 or 2 points)
Rock/Ground - Hiipfire (2 (rock) -1 (ground) = 1 point?)
Ice/Flying - Kashuno (2 points)
??/?? - Tobbs Gnawed "Neutral against flying" (1 point)

=6 points

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Scratch that, yes we do.

Types With Advantage: Electric, Ice, Rock

Types With Disadvantage: Bug, Grass, Fighting

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Met posted:

I think one of the complications is that we don't know the specific advantages/disadvantages to the Gym.

"There will be three Type Advantages and three Type Disadvantages, unique to each gym, which affect the strength of the challengers.

By default, a challenger counts as +1. An advantage makes you count as +2, a disadvantage makes you count as -1."

~Gym 1 - Pidgey and Pidgeotto. Both Normal/Flying
Weak to: Rock, Electric, Ice
Immune to: Ground, Ghost
Resistent to: Bug, Grass

??/?? - give head or get dead "It's a good type". (1 or 2 points)
Rock/Ground - Hiipfire (2 (rock) -1 (ground) = 1 point?)

=6 points

what is the point of this post?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Advantage: Electric, Ice, Rock
Disadvantage: Bug, Grass, Fighting

??/?? - give head or get dead "It's a good type". (1 point)
Rock/Ground - Hiipfire (2 points)

=6 points

Math checks out. Why are you confusing me by saying it doesn't add up?

Kashuno posted:

what is the point of this post?

Someone said the math doesn't add up. I wasn't following the Gym mechanics closely so I just worked it out for myself. They were mistaken.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

do people have dual types?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh, nvm. SLASHER HAWKE hosed me up. TQ wasn't in the gym womp.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

like the OP says "each player will have a Pokemon and a type" and met comes in throwing around dual types

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

do people have dual types?

Uhhh.. I thought I did but I don't.

My pokemon does. Mechanically I only have one type as it turns out.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Kashuno posted:

Oh, nvm. SLASHER HAWKE hosed me up. TQ wasn't in the gym womp.

ahaha gently caress

I saw your vote on TQ and thought you were choosing him

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Hiipfire, do you evolve?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

##vote illegallysober happy to post in ff2 but not here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

##vote illegallysober happy to post in ff2 but not here

good catch I think I am not reading ff anymore tbh.

• Locked thread