Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
I don't suck at math I just suck at reading. I thought we just needed a positive score to win, turns out gyms have difficulty.

Unfortunately this means the harder gyms will just be off limits to me based on typings. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I had six posts to catch up on in the FF2 game. I had like 300 to catch up on here. Settle down.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Kashuno posted:

Actually, I will state this: I know factually what the gift I am giving Met tonight does for him, and we can discuss it tomorrow further assuming I am alive.

I think I'm in agreement with tpink that we leave Kash alone for tonight and see what this gift does.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

IllegallySober posted:

I had six posts to catch up on in the FF2 game. I had like 300 to catch up on here. Settle down.

scumbros haven't filled you in? or are they ignoring the thread too

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

scumbros haven't filled you in? or are they ignoring the thread too

Clearly I don't actually have any scumbros to fill me in, huh?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Remember I was honest :)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Remember I was honest :)

mmm scum response here I think

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

mmm scum response here I think

Nope. But beating gyms is pro town. Scum will try to screw us.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

IllegallySober posted:

Clearly I don't actually have any scumbros to fill me in, huh?

sober/tqste scumteam

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Nope. But beating gyms is pro town. Scum will try to screw us.

Beating the first gym doesn't inherently make you town tho.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Especially since Pmush told us there were no penalties for the first gym

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Kashuno posted:

Especially since Pmush told us there were no penalties for the first gym

Reasonable. The participants do get the experience towards evolving though, right? Might actually have been a good event for scum to jump on since they could get experience without having to tank the challenge? Unless I'm misunderstanding the mechanic?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I voted Met because I didn't like how he was trying to look townie by talking about generations and I'm going to leave my vote on him for now because the way he is willfully misrepresenting Infinitum bugs me. "Have black in my colour scheme" does not mean "have a black colour scheme". For example, Pikachu has black in their colour scheme and they weren't included on that list. I'm not saying he's Pikachu because he claimed fighting, just using that as an example. Or hell, he could be just being facetious and saying a black outline is black in the colour scheme.

Also, saying dark = scumteam is a really weird thing to push.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Met posted:

Uhhh.. I thought I did but I don't.

My pokemon does. Mechanically I only have one type as it turns out.

I'm not sold that you are scum but bro....

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

IllegallySober posted:

Reasonable. The participants do get the experience towards evolving though, right? Might actually have been a good event for scum to jump on since they could get experience without having to tank the challenge? Unless I'm misunderstanding the mechanic?

Honestly, scum would be dumb as hell not to take advantage of that opportunity.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

SirSamVimes posted:

I voted Met because I didn't like how he was trying to look townie by talking about generations and I'm going to leave my vote on him for now because the way he is willfully misrepresenting Infinitum bugs me.

You're willfully misrepresenting that I'm willfully misrepresenting.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SirSamVimes posted:

I voted Met because I didn't like how he was trying to look townie by talking about generations and I'm going to leave my vote on him for now because the way he is willfully misrepresenting Infinitum bugs me. "Have black in my colour scheme" does not mean "have a black colour scheme". For example, Pikachu has black in their colour scheme and they weren't included on that list. I'm not saying he's Pikachu because he claimed fighting, just using that as an example. Or hell, he could be just being facetious and saying a black outline is black in the colour scheme.

Also, saying dark = scumteam is a really weird thing to push.

there are quite a few things that don't seem right about Met's play so far.

1. associating color with alignment when *even if type was a factor* (it isn't)
2. messing up the dual type math (it seems like a intentioned misdirection of fact dressed up as "logic" or casing or whatever i don't even know what the point of those posts even are)

Met posted:

I think it's pretty scummy when someone defends me.

:psyduck:

4. his "no evolve = probable scum" logic.. again, I don't think types or perkymerns themselves lend much to debate over alignment
5. his "random" nomination of Tobbs for challenge is fishy, especially given Tobbs prior arrangement. Did Met use this as a "see? his type worked so that means I'm pro town" thing?

to be honest I'm not sure if this is scum action or just bad-town action. never played with Met before.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Met is scum I think???

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

As a fellow good and friendly Pokémon want to have a challenge pact? If I see one come up, I put you in, and vise versa.

reading back this kind of pact thing looks like an easy way for scums to get into challenges

deffo thinking about voting met and Tobbs now

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

reading back this kind of pact thing looks like an easy way for scums to get into challenges

IllegallySober posted:

yes... of the two Met is prob my vote. I don't believe in turbos or bandwagons unless there is an undeniably good reason for it, so I'll hold off voting for now. But I will say I wouldn't feel bad about hammering Met at this point in the game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kashuno posted:

Met is scum I think???

:agreed:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Dick Bastardly posted:

there are quite a few things that don't seem right about Met's play so far.

1. associating color with alignment when *even if type was a factor* (it isn't)
2. messing up the dual type math (it seems like a intentioned misdirection of fact dressed up as "logic" or casing or whatever i don't even know what the point of those posts even are)

:psyduck:

4. his "no evolve = probable scum" logic.. again, I don't think types or perkymerns themselves lend much to debate over alignment
5. his "random" nomination of Tobbs for challenge is fishy, especially given Tobbs prior arrangement. Did Met use this as a "see? his type worked so that means I'm pro town" thing?

to be honest I'm not sure if this is scum action or just bad-town action. never played with Met before.

Oye.

1. I didn't. I have other information that leads to that conclusion.
2. I screwed up. How does this benefit scum? It'd be something easy to disprove.
3. One guy defended me and I gave him poo poo for it. Scum know who isn't scum. It makes someone look cleaner when they were defending the town guy all along.
4. You're reducing that point down to basics to make it look inane. That's a strawman.
5. It wasn't random. He said he was neutral against flying types. I'd rather make that choice than someone else making a bad choice considering scum can just turbo nominate whoever they want and instantly get them in. and I didn't use "See? his type worked so that means I'm pro town". Tobbs did. I just picked a guy who didn't volunteer because he wasnt super effective. He also said he evolves, which is probably good for town (see point 4).

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

met has really been reaching on that inf case ##vote met

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

would also vote Tobbs whose contribution this far has been centred entirely on gym spec

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

Lol it wasn't clear to me if we'd know what type the gym was before picking people for it. I just wanted to increase my odds of getting nominated since I'm vanilla and can evolve twice.

But yeah, now that I know we learn the gym beforehand, such "pacts" don't really work.

I'd prefer not to get lynched, though. I'm town, and nobody has said they're my type, so I might be useful in future, tougher gym battles.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
That is why I'm on the fence about you... you have decent counterpoints, which seem honest to me. This is a good example of why I don't rush into votes unless were getting dangerously close to deadline without a lynch in sight.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

That is why I'm on the fence about you... you have decent counterpoints, which seem honest to me. This is a good example of why I don't rush into votes unless were getting dangerously close to deadline without a lynch in sight.

To put in context, this was a response to Met.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I also realize I am a self-conscious poster, please don't take that as scummy. If you've played with me before you'd know I do this regardless of alignment.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

met has really been reaching on that inf case ##vote met

Actually, I switched off of it because he's fighting type and it really threw a wrench in the whole case.

Buuuuut since you bring it back up. Here's all the fighting types in Gen 1 and 2. I'm not sure there are any Gen 1 this game though.

Nothing vaguely black color scheme in there.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

met asking about gen I & II seems like a met thing to do so I consider it a null tell

The problem with this Mafia community is that they have a meta which is holy and must be followed or else. I don't care for it. I'll speculate on setups, rolefish, and set up traps as I like and reveal my thoughts as I go even if they end up being horribly wrong because I missed a post which disproves it.

Dying with my thoughts to myself doesn't help the town if any of it can be used later.

Awful lot of people like to throw names around without voting. It's pretty scummy to throw out an accusation and wait for others to jump in before you're willing to do so.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
My vote is still on Kashuno because that's still the best choice for town at this point. Get rid of the 3P which hinders our ability to put as many town into Gym battles as possible.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Met posted:

My vote is still on Kashuno because that's still the best choice for town at this point. Get rid of the 3P which hinders our ability to put as many town into Gym battles as possible.

I say we see what his "gifts" are. I always prefer to lynch scum.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

dig up

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
We don't know he isn't scum. But if he's giving my the boon/curse then I don't mind waiting a day. My only other preference is a guy who's demonstrably lied at least once already.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Machoke/champ have black speedos and Primeape has black bracers.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
And Hitmonlee has dead, dead black eyes. Eye holes?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Black pupils too? My goodness. You've single handedly shaken me to my core.

All gen 1. I'll wait until a Gen 1 shows up before I consider that I'm wrong there.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Met posted:

I don't know what's to be gained by lynching him D1 before we even find out what the gift stuff really is. And he also said he'd tell us more about the gift mechanics if he makes it to D2 (we'll see).

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

lmao ##unvote

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

mfcrocker posted:

And Hitmonlee has dead, dead black eyes. Eye holes?

Hey, you're here. Want to pass on Kashuno's offer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Am I missing something about what generation Pokémon are in the game, or who has claimed what? Why are you assuming Infinitum is gen 2 again?

• Locked thread