Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Madcosby posted:

Also keep posting evidence of how retarded redditors are then including pics of goons arguing with people they think are retarded on their forum

You wouldn't be saying that if they were your arguments.

:discourse:

DapperDon fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

He's been right exactly once, not much to get used to really. That's even the same number of times Moma has been right.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Love how the word 'hipster' has lost all sense of meaning and now means 'person I disagree with personally'.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

He's been right exactly once, not much to get used to really. That's even the same number of times Moma has been right.

He's so right we'll need a new German word for it.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5gnt9i/how_to_tell_newcomers_or_those_interested_how/

In which we discuss how SC will totally not be p2w, and backers tell each other that even though there will be advantages to owning bigger and more specialized ships than just an Aurora, it still doesn't mean CIG has implemented a p2w model.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

No need for new words, they already have Hochstapler

Maybe if you defend him really, really hard he'll make you Warprince :)

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

That's MeLKoR, silly

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

nawledgelambo posted:

You think one of the artists is trying to tell the backers something?

I was sure this was shopped, but no. It's real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC_XUn_BF7k&t=153s

That's creative genius, right there. Hats off to whoever slipped that label into the model.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

As I understand it Derek was right that the original release of 2.6 to evocati didn't include Star Marine, moma was talking poo poo or trying to get Derek to break the NDA to prove him wrong. The 2nd option seems the more likely to me for him making so much fuss over something that doesn't matter at all, everyone knows Star Marine will be poo poo and so it will be proved, eventually, beyond all doubt.

Anyone with any sense and experience who works there is looking for the exit door now.

I know you and D1E have a real problem with Derek, my advice would start getting used to him being right.

Edit Also lol at ex-CIG staff not updating their linkedin profiles while their new company is quite keen to talk about new hires and they seem happy to talk, I wonder how that happens.

loving lol. SM was in there and was playable, but not to every evocati tester. You don't have it nor have access to it, so you wouldn't know. I don't blame you otherwise.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/805872968979062785

There is independent verification of this out there but I'm not linking it because it's not really fair to identify individuals to the crazies anymore, given what's going to happen next year.

In other words, Derek is right, but I (and Derek) will not post how he's right. But, believe us: he's right.

:rolleyes:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Madcosby posted:

Wow this thread is garbo

Star marine got released. Deal with it

Also keep posting evidence of how retarded redditors are then including pics of goons arguing with people they think are retarded on their forum

lol

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So the new Caterpillar looks interesting:

I wonder if it will carry smaller ships.

It currently cannot fit the P85x, which is also flyable in evocati. It's really made for dragonflies right now - hoping that will change.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

loving lol. SM was in there and was playable, but not to every evocati tester. You don't have it nor have access to it, so you wouldn't know. I don't blame you otherwise.

So what you're saying is that in a way you were both right, and therefore both wrong, and I should just ban everyone?

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

ManofManyAliases posted:

loving lol. SM was in there and was playable, but not to every evocati tester

holy poo poo lol, CIG has an evocati evocati PTU secrect jeshush build?loving lol.
We most go deeper.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

It currently cannot fit the P85x, which is also flyable in evocati. It's really made for dragonflies right now - hoping that will change.

It looks loving stupid :lol:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ManofManyAliases posted:

That's pretty garbage. Being able to carry around your other ships and flaunt it to your friends is basically the only reason to have multiple ships.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I for one welcome Star Marine and the inevitable wealth of funny pics that'll accompany it

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I think you meant Baron Münchhausen: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baron_Munchausen. He's certainly going beyond Hyperbole now and then.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I too am glad Star Marine got released without a single hold up or hitch

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Trains and caterpillars actually don't at all work the same way, don't try to detach a wagon from a caterpillar

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

holy poo poo lol, CIG has an evocati evocati PTU secrect jeshush build?loving lol.
We most go deeper.
no see, CIG gave it to some avocados so they could identify the leakers easily

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

We most go deeper.

It's like Inception. Or a giant pile of lies.

Starception

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Beet Wagon posted:

So what you're saying is that in a way you were both right, and therefore both wrong, and I should just ban everyone?

I guess in this case probate both for 2 days. (But use a :kayak:.jpg as reason).

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

I too am glad Star Marine got released without a single hold up or hitch

It truly signals a new era in Star Citizen's development, one that is absolutely not a dead end

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Also LOL at the idea of another level of Evocati in this open development quagmire.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Trains and caterpillars actually don't at all work the same way, don't try to detach a wagon from a caterpillar

also no matter how long you wait a train will never transform into a beautiful butterfly

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
If they threw away Illfonic's work, does that mean Star Marine's just been in development for a bit over a year? And really, isn't it another full game like SQ42, PU, AC, ArcCorp and the Starmap?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Mr Fronts posted:

That's creative genius, right there. Hats off to whoever slipped that label into the model.

Maybe that is one of those unique identifiers MoMA was warning us about

Stay safe, non avocado offline leaker ghost :ohdear:

e:fb again :argh:

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 5, 2016

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Also LOL at the idea of another level of Evocati in this open development quagmire.

No. From what was told to me, evocati were testing different builds. In a day, they send out multiple builds. Some are more focused on flight dynamics while others on FPS gameplay. The evocati have their own chat, discord, ptu forums, etc. They're all in one test group, but testing different things. The results are tabulated and they'll use those to streamline the builds so that the can get it out to PTU quicker.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

"Sure, you're Evocati, but are you Dodecatuple Secret Evocati? :smuggo:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

They shat up the pipelines

well they did

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

ManofManyAliases posted:

You and me both brother.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
you know what this thread needs, another 60,000 posts about if star marine was technically ready by a specific date or the semantics of what "Released" and "in" mean in relation to it.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

also no matter how long you wait a train will never transform into a beautiful butterfly

ha joke's on you

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Mr Fronts posted:

Wow, that thing turns pretty good for a ship that's supposed to be a massive freight hauler. Almost like the physics are totally hosed or something...

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

No. From what was told to me, evocati were testing different builds. In a day, they send out multiple builds. Some are more focused on flight dynamics while others on FPS gameplay. The evocati have their own chat, discord, ptu forums, etc. They're all in one test group, but testing different things. The results are tabulated and they'll use those to streamline the builds so that the can get it out to PTU quicker.

please do explain how they could put out different builds a day at a 30 gig download and still test poo poo.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
This thread desperately needs AssRapistDude420

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

ManofManyAliases posted:

Open development in a nutshell

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

ManofManyAliases posted:

I hope this is true because this is the stupidest loving thing I've ever heard especially for such minor poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

AP posted:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/805872968979062785

There is independent verification of this out there but I'm not linking it because it's not really fair to identify individuals to the crazies anymore, given what's going to happen next year.

More coming soon

2 weeeks

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 5, 2016