Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

please do explain how they could put out different builds a day at a 30 gig download and still test poo poo.

Different departments are making builds throughout the day. Read one of the monthly reports and see what their network backend is doing. The builds they put out are utilizing the same assets less minor changes, so they're 6-10 gig pak changes. That aside, many of the developers are participating in the evocati chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Kakarot posted:

More coming soon

2 weeeks

From what I understand, it could be as much as 90 days before we know.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

nawledgelambo posted:

You think one of the artists is trying to tell the backers something?

:vince:

Hes probably one of the walk outs

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
Something else occurred to me, its gonna be real fun when the shitizens get 2.6.
I mean so far the reddit is littered with gameplay in offline mode with a solid 60 FPS lol.

they're getting all worked up and by the time they log in BAMM 15 fps lol.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

loving lol. SM was in there and was playable, but not to every evocati tester. You don't have it nor have access to it, so you wouldn't know. I don't blame you otherwise.

You're full of poo poo and you blew your wad on that stupidity, before that you might just have been a brain dead Citizen.

ManofManyAliases posted:

In other words, Derek is right, but I (and Derek) will not post how he's right. But, believe us: he's right.

:rolleyes:

Take a :toxx: on it, and I'll link proof just to get you banned.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Different departments are making builds throughout the day. Read one of the monthly reports and see what their network backend is doing. The builds they put out are utilizing the same assets less minor changes, so they're 6-10 gig pak changes. That aside, many of the developers are participating in the evocati chat.

Believe it or not but a 6-10 gig patch for some minor text changes in 2017 is still fubar.
Anywho, as always I like your conviction.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

AP posted:

You're full of poo poo and you blew your wad on that stupidity, before that you might just have been a brain dead Citizen.

AP, mind pm'ing me that link... I'm mighty curious.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

AP, mind pm'ing me that link... I'm mighty curious.

I wouldn't need to pm it, moma is surely going to take the toxx so I'll just be posting it.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
My balls are cyan
Dereks blog will make them pink
If I wait two weeks

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

AP posted:

I wouldn't need to pm it, moma is surely going to take the toxx so I'll just be posting it.

*blue balls intensify*

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

ManofManyAliases posted:

No. From what was told to me, evocati were testing different builds. In a day, they send out multiple builds. Some are more focused on flight dynamics while others on FPS gameplay. The evocati have their own chat, discord, ptu forums, etc. They're all in one test group, but testing different things. The results are tabulated and they'll use those to streamline the builds so that the can get it out to PTU quicker.
This is the dumbest loving poo poo I've ever read.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Thoatse posted:

My balls are cyan
Dereks blog will make them pink
If I wait two weeks

honesty is one
starcitizen is still bad
chris roberts, liar

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

ManofManyAliases posted:

loving lol. SM was in there and was playable, but not to every evocati tester. You don't have it nor have access to it, so you wouldn't know. I don't blame you otherwise.

I know lots of people get weighed down by phantom memories of their past lives but I think you can move on beyond that life where you were a manure receptacle.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
I love it when MoMA gets all feisty

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

nawledgelambo posted:

You think one of the artists is trying to tell the backers something?

Don't be stupid, as reddit pointed out, this is most reasonable explanation

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

ManofManyAliases posted:

Even if this was true, why on earth would you ever ever ever want to do something like this? All you're doing is creating multiple code bases, which you need to Frankenstein together. How on earth could this ever possibly be an efficient way of coding a game?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I mean, it is fractally dumb. The closer you look at it, the dumber it gets.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Breetai posted:

Even if this was true, why on earth would you ever ever ever want to do something like this? All you're doing is creating multiple code bases, which you need to Frankenstein together. How on earth could this ever possibly be an efficient way of coding a game?

Yeah, I mean this would create situations like making a whole part of the game with different codebase and then after a year trying to smash it together again.
Oh wait, right illfonic.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Breetai posted:

CIG : The closer you look at it, the dumber it gets.

This needs to be the new thread title.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
I've just archived the webpage link I have moma, so it's time stamped as of this post.

Don't leave people blue balled now mate, take the toxxx. When CIG wonder where the link came from, you can say you asked for me to post it.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

MoMA's got a tease toxx, Derek never sleeps at night

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Propagandist posted:

MoMA's got a tease toxx, Derek never sleeps at night

WHO?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Breetai posted:

CIG
Efficient
Choose one

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

He goes in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out of the evocati

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Hi, hope youre all enjoying hating the videogame. This post is just a quick reminder for you to call or visit your parents because they raised you with love and care about you

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Propagandist posted:

He goes in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out of the evocati

you might say he's in the hokeycati :smug:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
or evocokey

:shrug:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi, hope youre all enjoying hating the videogame. This post is just a quick reminder for you to call or visit your parents because they raised you with love and care about you

Scream about the game
But call your parents often
They raised you with love

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
MoMA so pissy about TheAgent he invents bullshit to try to prove anyone can make up poo poo and paints himself into a corner just to be right about something that isn't true.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Please don't stockpile on Toast. He took risks to bring us his misconceptions. He used his asian sneak skills to hide behing the seat of a QA tester, passed a head and saw star marine on the screen ; he then escaped before anyone could spot him and throw stones. He used his asian typing skills to post in the thread before continuing his everlasting task of bringing food as ben's assistant.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

AP posted:

Do it Toast, you know Derek can't be right :shobon:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Fascinating...you would think the algorithm would adjust the Y-axis to be the bottom for the stats yet it dips below that.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

AP posted:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/805872968979062785

There is independent verification of this out there but I'm not linking it because it's not really fair to identify individuals to the crazies anymore, given what's going to happen next year.

In other words, Derek is right, but I (and Derek) will not post how he's right. But, believe us: he's right.

:rolleyes:

MoMa I was notified that you were going to :toxx: over this. I didn't want to miss it; so I temporarily unblocked you.

JUST DO IT!!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I think star citizen is fun. As long as 1) I don't play it 2) I don't follow "the lore" 3) I ignore the horrific community 4) I pretend I know nothing about game development 5) I just shitpost on a dead forum.

See you all in the 'VERSE

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Raskolnikov posted:

I think star citizen is fun. As long as 1) I don't play it 2) I don't follow "the lore" 3) I ignore the horrific community 4) I pretend I know nothing about game development 5) I just shitpost on a dead forum.

See you all in the 'VERSE

C U N T Verse

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Propagandist posted:

C U N T Verse

:lol: that works!

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Raskolnikov posted:

:lol: that works!

I wish I could claim credit for that one but I can't. Some other genius here I'm sure, though.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Free top hat

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Holy poo poo Er_Dova is Sandi.

Sandi using Wolf Larson as a mouthpiece IMO. Ditto for Annabelle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Kakarot posted:

More coming soon

2 weeeks

derek smart is worse at hitting release windows than chris roberts

edit - catte tax:

Ash1138 fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 6, 2016