Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Why would the super special evocati have their own forums and discord etc , when they're all on the spectrum anyways ?

It's almost like none of this exists in a usable format and never will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

No. From what was told to me, evocati were testing different builds. In a day, they send out multiple builds. Some are more focused on flight dynamics while others on FPS gameplay. The evocati have their own chat, discord, ptu forums, etc. They're all in one test group, but testing different things. The results are tabulated and they'll use those to streamline the builds so that the can get it out to PTU quicker.

this sounds like the stupidest, most inconsistent, rear end-backwards way to test anything, so i guess it might be true

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Fat Shat Sings posted:

you know what this thread needs, another 60,000 posts about if star marine was technically ready by a specific date or the semantics of what "Released" and "in" mean in relation to it.

I always felt it a strange argument to make. It doesn't matter if SM was in 2.6 or not - what matters is that we were teased for over a year with SM gameplay that was suddenly completely scrapped (we're talking weeks, not months...), then SM was cancelled, then Chris said it was already in the game, then it was announced that it was coming back, and then they hacked together the shittiest Minimum Viable Shooter CryMod that the inept team at CIG could hack out over a couple of months - and it has nothing to do with Star Citizen proper.

It's so ridiculous that I'm not sure what the release was intended to prove. Does it prove that DS was wrong? Maybe, but it also proves that CR was wrong, so it's a wash. Does SM prove that we'll soon have a seamless PU where flight and FPS are both top quality? I'd say it's proof of the opposite.

The only thing it proves to me is what I already knew - with over $130 million and over 300 people around the globe CIG can't make a good Crysis mod. Maybe it will inspire amateur designers around the world to take a crack at it (they can't do any worse) and those independent devs will create tons of great space shooters, thus saving PC gaming.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Kakarot posted:

More coming soon

2 weeeks

What the gently caress is wrong with these people watching this happen in that gif

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

*movie trailer voiceover*

From the mind of a creative genius,

An adventure into the unknown cold greyness of space,
Where dreams just keep going on and on and on,
Where money is no object unless you want yours back, drat leavers,

This winter, next winter, 2020? wait no, 2025, maybe?
Be prepared to be taken for a ride, of your life, you'll be tickled pink,
From the creative genius that almost ruined at least one company, who went on to er, erm, well, to not really do very much really, oh he sold a few cars, sports cars too, and loaned some media types some cash,

Star Citizen, The Farce awakens.
In the smell of lingering armpit sweat in the balding men only verse, there might be some rape but at least you can micromanage the ships vcr when it goes wrong, because vcr's do go wrong.

Media reviews:
5/5 Would miss my bus and not make it to the theatre to see it again - R.Bailey, Daily Mail.

10/10 The selection of cake was breathtakingly eaten in one fell swoop by a vary large man who could stare at two people on opposite sides of the room at the same time - Sir Donalph Donneley Smidely Smithe esq, Daily Telegraph.

9/10 I'm glad my wife asked me to watch this work of genius, I've needed to drop a few pounds since Christmas and Mr Roberts certainly removed way more of those from me than I ever thought possible - Longrod Von Hugendong, Rearranging mortgage payments and fighting for custody of kids, Hertfordchestershire Hospital for the clinically retarded.

Movie game? created using the very latest cutting edge 1994 technology, and the cream of the crap of acting talent from around the general area.

Book a screaming now, before it's too late!

BRING MONEY!!

(Hey gently caress you, it took ages to write) :P

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Dec 6, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

No. From what was told to me, evocati were testing different builds. In a day, they send out multiple builds. Some are more focused on flight dynamics while others on FPS gameplay. The evocati have their own chat, discord, ptu forums, etc. They're all in one test group, but testing different things. The results are tabulated and they'll use those to streamline the builds so that the can get it out to PTU quicker.

This tops Derek's method of catching up with the thread as the most needlessly complex thing ever

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Also LOL at the idea of another level of Evocati in this open development quagmire.

He's LYING. Blatantly. Which is why I wrote this.

There is only ONE Evocati build. All other builds are standard builds.

DEV (pushed by devs for testing) -> QA (internal QA) -> EVOCATI (usually the same build as QA) -> WIDE PU TEST (out of Evocati to larger group, usually subscribers) -> LIVE (public release)

Anyone with access to Star Marine when 2.6 was first released on 11-30, did NOT have access to SM other than via hacking the files and ending up in solo play

Think about this for a moment and you will see what's going on.

• on 11-30, 2.6 was only pushed to Evocati (800+ people). It contained the SM files, though it wasn't playable
  • The 2.5.x patch will NOT download the 2.6 Evocati build
  • Anyone (not in DEV or QA - as above) with access to 2.6 had to have downloaded it as part of the Evocati release
  • If they had access to it - as per of #3 - why then did they have to hack it in order to access Star Marine if it was an official build they could just play?

Simple. The files where. But it wasn't an official release of Star Marine. They enabled it later via a "Star Marine only" patch update due to all the noise that's been going on about it. Which is precisely what I said they would do. They did that about 48hrs later.

I can't even believe that people are arguing about this still. This is what I stated back then, and I was 100% right.

quote:

Some Shitizens are still spreading false rumors that SM is in the build. It's not.

In fact, now even the /r/StarCitizen/ denizens are actively stifling any information about this. My guess is that by the time word is widespread, they're hoping that CIG would have released it as an update.

Just now posted on my Discord channel:

quote:

the subreddit is cracking down on anything pertaining to whether or not star marine is in the release pretty hard. That post from yesterday was deleted. two threads about it have been removed. their posting guidelines about evocati leaks are the following: "When an Evocati testing session begins, information about it may not be posted until one month after the end of the session in question. Exceptions to the rule include posting the fact that an Evocati session has started, and very basic information regarding the Evocati session theme (e.g. "Balance is being redone." or "3.0 Evocati testing has begun")." I would consider whether or not the main component of the patch is actually in the patch to be pretty basic info but I guess not..

It goes like this: dev (pushed by devs for testing) -> QA (internal QA) -> Evocati (usually the same build as QA) -> wide testing (out of Evocati to larger group, usually subscribers) -> live (wide public release)

Like all builds, the Evocati builds have a unique internal build number that is incremented with each update. The updates during the Evocati test phase, go through the normal test cycle.

And it's all one build. They don't send different builds to different groups.

This release of 2.6 sans Star Marine indicates to me that either i) they want to test other things first before pushing it to Evocati from SQ or ii) it's so badly broken, that it's never coming out this year.

Note that they had slated Dec 8th as the official release. That date pushes up against the holiday sales. So this preemptive move to push 2.6 to Evocati, to me, is yet another carrot stick ploy by CIG to boost confidence during the upcoming sale, then post-sale, announce that SM isn't coming after all, let alone 2.6 going wide. Mark my words.

It's horrible. And this sort of thing is why it is hilarious to me that whales keep funding this project.

And here is Ben Parry saying he can't even talk about whether or not SM is in the 2.6 build. And my response.

quote:

WRT Star Marine, contents of evocati builds are NDA'd, but also I don't work in CS, QA or production, so why would I know?

LATEST: /r/StarCitizen_Leaks/ (<--- run by a known Shitizen, so approach with caution)

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 6, 2016

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Where's that 100% guaranteed to cause legal action blog?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
When TheAgent (whom MoMA hates with a passion normally reserved for Derek) posts information he often clarifies constantly that he can't 100% verify any of it, much of it is conflicting, etc. This is because he understands that not all sources are honest or without some measure of bias.

MoMA (on the assumption he's not just lying because he's chronically afflicted with a case of brown tongue) implicitly trusts his sources 100% and is willing to make himself look like a complete twat because of it.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

I know some people are poking fun at this, but it's actually true. It's key to remember that CIG not only doesn't know what they're doing, but even if they did, the constant need for fresh funds means they need to offload their testing onto proven loyal backers. They can't manage it internally, and there's a distinct need to keep up appearances. That's the purpose of the Evocati group - aside from testing, it's also their job to ascertain if the build going public is clean enough to inspire more donations, or would instead invite further ridicule.

Being loyal CIG backers they're not any good at it, so the builds that go out are still poo poo. But obviously not as poo poo as before Evocati got their hands on it, and the policy seems to be working well since they recently saw another influx of free, unearned money for basically nothing.

Additionally, the existence of the Evocati group may piss off some longtime backers, but it has the opposite effect on just as many: the desire to prove themselves loyal as well, so that they can also become part of this exclusive group. Standard cult operating procedure, sadly - a secret inner circle you too can become part of if you just donate and believe enough.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

I've just archived the webpage link I have moma, so it's time stamped as of this post.

Don't leave people blue balled now mate, take the toxxx. When CIG wonder where the link came from, you can say you asked for me to post it.

An artist or "design" staff is not high profile.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

Take the toxx MoMA

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

I wouldn't be at all surprise if CRobber went back to his nonsensical quasar ideas. The SC universe is 100 connected systems, right? Not 100 galaxies, millions of lightyears apart… because if it's not that, there won't be any quasars. And I don't think you'd want to explore one from closer than 10 galaxies away.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

so in planet coaster this weekend i almost finished building this coaster station i'd been working on for days, then i got fixated on recreating a part of puerto pollo from the curse of monkey island so i built a few mostly finished buildings and tried to fit them around the coaster station and sculpt the terrain to match, but i didn't have enough room so i switched to sandbox mode and half-built some more buildings and sort of blocked a bridge and river, worked on a waterfall to the point where i was pretty sure i could finish it for reals later, and struggled with stair paths and terrain until i realized that if i wanted to make all of plunder isle in planet coaster, i'd have to completely rethink the overall plan and that meant locating puerto pollo far away from the park entrance so what i really should be doing is starting with the rides and theming near the entry and that's just a bunch of jungle next to a beach on plunder isle so i could do whatever i wanted really so i started on that

so now i have a bunch of half-baked prototypes and proofs of concept to show for all the time i've spent (which is ample)

i'm figuratively cloud imperium games

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

But you just described the entirety of Chris's input

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Where's that 100% guaranteed to cause legal action blog?

He was just talking about it like five pages ago:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&userid=164480#post467049279

This situation is hilarious because if Derek's insane bombastic and doomsaying remarks actually had teeth then it makes sense for him to just (be told to ) shut up about it. :wtchris:

Trevor Gottitall
May 9, 2009
Grimey Drawer
:gary::yarg:

Trevor Gottitall fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 21, 2017

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
People in this thread are trying to argue with MoMA because he claims that CIG is doing a release totally rear end-backwards.

Did we forget about the past 10,000 pages after making a new thread?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Do you guys think that the people making this game are incompetent?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Solarin posted:

He was just talking about it like five pages ago:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&userid=164480#post467049279

This situation is hilarious because if Derek's insane bombastic and doomsaying remarks actually had teeth then it makes sense for him to just (be told to ) shut up about it. :wtchris:

Yeah I know he said his fake lawyers wouldn't let him post it but I also know that means he didn't have poo poo in the first place and just felt the need to draw attention to himself, since that's what this whole thing about for him.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ManofManyAliases posted:

How much money do you lose to shell-game shysters on the regular?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

thatguy posted:

People in this thread are trying to argue with MoMA because he claims that CIG is doing a release totally rear end-backwards.

Did we forget about the past 10,000 pages after making a new thread?
I said it was the stupidest loving poo poo I'd ever read.

I never said it wasn't true.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

thatguy posted:

no

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

thatguy posted:

They haven't started making the game yet, so it's hard to tell. Once they come up with some basic design documents and a core gameplay loop, we'll have more to go on.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

lol trick nobody is actually making this game

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Tony Zurovec is a designer you saying he's not high profile?

It's not Tony Zurovec and I'm not giving clues, you take the toxx and I'll link a previously unknown dirty leaver who was working on SQ42 until recently. Then you can try to argue he's not important while I laugh at you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zcgi-iX9UY

But you won't take the toxx because you're full of poo poo.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

No, you see someone actually hacked into the files and used their decades of video editing skills to manufacture and release a video of Star Marine gameplay a full day before it was actually released!

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
are we there yet? :(

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:eyepop:

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

so proper CIG release is something like this

evocati1|
.............v
.............--->evocati3 --->Ptu ---->Pre alpha version 0.026
.............^
evocati2|

Doesnt this seem kind excessive mess of testing?
I mean all those stages are for testing a buggy game. And regardless of the amount of testing its always broken in most dumbest ways.

your pre-alpha game has a alpha that is in pre-alpha stage and even that is split in 2 pre-pre-alphas
Thats just messed up.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Also LOL at the idea of another level of Evocati in this open development quagmire.

So what you're all saying is that there is a Praefectus Evocatorumi. A secret secret level.

Whew! There will be some salty people to know just how far down the line their "investments" mean to Chris Roberts and his open development. If you are not giving enough, you are a space poor not of the caliber to bare witness to the light of the Citizen of the Stars.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

toxx or gtfo

cowardice springs eternal

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
He's willing to doxx but scared to toxx! That's our MoMA!

Maybe next time instead of going to back belts you should back bones.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

thatguy posted:

No, you see someone actually hacked into the files and used their decades of video editing skills to manufacture and release a video of Star Marine gameplay a full day before it was actually released!

:smug:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

But you just described the entirety of Chris's input

"Artist" doesn't really apply to him though, he has no artistic ability of his own hence why he has to have a team of 100 actual artists to sketch out what years of cocaine has done to his fragile child mind.

He can't draw for loving toffee either.

Here's a good challenge for anyone who wants it, find something, anything that CR himself, with his own greasy mitts, has drawn, painted, written that has real artistic merit that wasn't done by one of his employees.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sabreseven posted:

"Artist" doesn't really apply to him though, he has no artistic ability of his own hence why he has to have a team of 100 actual artists to sketch out what years of cocaine has done to his fragile child mind.

He can't draw for loving toffee either.

Here's a good challenge for anyone who wants it, find something, anything that CR himself, with his own greasy mitts, has drawn, painted, written that has real artistic merit that wasn't done by one of his employees.

His letter to the Escapist :smug:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRfPt8oIYlA

:q:

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
what's the toxx?
this thread has become sentient and developed its own lingo.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Daztek posted:

His letter to the Escapist :smug:

mr roberts opus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Take the :toxx: MoMa

JUST DO IT!!