Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzJ5APiFuDE

:whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Breetai posted:

Love how the word 'hipster' has lost all sense of meaning and now means 'person I disagree with personally'.

hipster, n Person who thinks they're cool on the internet but they aren't because I'm mad at them for not hating the same people I do.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Daztek posted:

His letter to the Escapist :smug:

:golfclap:

It's not technically what I meant, but I'll allow it :grin:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYfkOQKtF2c

:gerty:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

sorla78 posted:

what's the toxx?
this thread has become sentient and developed its own lingo.

If moma takes a toxx he's betting that I can't link a recent SQ42 leaver, he's trying to change it to an important leaver now and wiggle out of it.

Just so there's no doubt, I think this person could be useful to keep around so I'll let him toxx for someone who could be argued to be an important member of the SQ42 development team.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr5ryYYcldw

:am:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Don't be stupid, as reddit pointed out, this is most reasonable explanation

Haha!

Honesty dial slipped into a game that is based on lies to get people's money as fast as possible.

"Uh... yeah! It's a uh reference to this movie that talked about honesty!"

Sure it is. Sure it is. :)

I hope that artist is lurking, feeling smug right now that somebody noticed his artistic communication with the outside world. Hopefully getting a better job too.

Stay safe artist ghost. :ohdear:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlK29ADWCBw

:bravo2:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcCXjNviZP4

:smuggo:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Seriously, all those vids might as well be encapsulated by this overarching one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Ch6N8QT00

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor

Scruffpuff posted:

I always felt it a strange argument to make. It doesn't matter if SM was in 2.6 or not - what matters is that we were teased for over a year with SM gameplay that was suddenly completely scrapped (we're talking weeks, not months...), then SM was cancelled, then Chris said it was already in the game, then it was announced that it was coming back, and then they hacked together the shittiest Minimum Viable Shooter CryMod that the inept team at CIG could hack out over a couple of months - and it has nothing to do with Star Citizen proper.

It's so ridiculous that I'm not sure what the release was intended to prove. Does it prove that DS was wrong? Maybe, but it also proves that CR was wrong, so it's a wash. Does SM prove that we'll soon have a seamless PU where flight and FPS are both top quality? I'd say it's proof of the opposite.

The only thing it proves to me is what I already knew - with over $130 million and over 300 people around the globe CIG can't make a good Crysis mod. Maybe it will inspire amateur designers around the world to take a crack at it (they can't do any worse) and those independent devs will create tons of great space shooters, thus saving PC gaming.

I just want to recognize that this was well written and pretty much describes the situation openly and honestly, which is why it is going to be completely ignored so that Smart-sama and Moma can have a slapfight about "what's in the first build". The early release videos show it basically being no better than Dust514. Frankly, I can't wait till it gets released. It's going to be buggy as poo poo and we'll finally get some FRESH OC to talk about. It will also be great to watch fanboys bend over backwards claiming how Crobbler broke all bounds of a what an FPS could be.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV6EWhMOy3s

:derptiel:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
MoMA don't take the toxx over some dumb turnover bullshit. Take the toxx that Derek has been wrong about everything about Star Marine for the past week.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psAXbQ9GjYI

:sludgepal:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

MoMA don't take the toxx over some dumb turnover bullshit. Take the toxx that Derek has been wrong about everything about Star Marine for the past week.

He added wiggle room to that too now by saying not all evocati could access Star Marine on the first release, that wasn't how he was originally arguing it. Also check this.

ManofManyAliases posted:

loving lol. SM was in there and was playable, but not to every evocati tester. You don't have it nor have access to it, so you wouldn't know. I don't blame you otherwise.

Yet, according to him he didn't have access to evocati either. The guy is full of poo poo and should toxx on dirty leavers to prove me wrong.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I'll see you, and I'll raise you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeJn_qeTw30

It's pretty much an SC round up really.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

poo poo those are all really creepy , like call the police they're probably on at least 1 watch list creepy

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Scruffpuff posted:

I always felt it a strange argument to make. It doesn't matter if SM was in 2.6 or not - what matters is that we were teased for over a year with SM gameplay that was suddenly completely scrapped (we're talking weeks, not months...), then SM was cancelled, then Chris said it was already in the game, then it was announced that it was coming back, and then they hacked together the shittiest Minimum Viable Shooter CryMod that the inept team at CIG could hack out over a couple of months - and it has nothing to do with Star Citizen proper.

It's so ridiculous that I'm not sure what the release was intended to prove. Does it prove that DS was wrong? Maybe, but it also proves that CR was wrong, so it's a wash. Does SM prove that we'll soon have a seamless PU where flight and FPS are both top quality? I'd say it's proof of the opposite.

The only thing it proves to me is what I already knew - with over $130 million and over 300 people around the globe CIG can't make a good Crysis mod. Maybe it will inspire amateur designers around the world to take a crack at it (they can't do any worse) and those independent devs will create tons of great space shooters, thus saving PC gaming.

It would humiliate Chris more to release fuckall this year than to release a mediocre shooter nobody wants.

Chris must be desperate for the appearance of progress as much as the backers are. The guy is part of his own confidence scam, he absolutely has to believe his will and talent can make this into a billion dollar franchise :lol:

It also conveniently moves the topic away from just how much money has been wasted up to this point.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Derek on a Wednesday posted:

There's no way people are playing Star Marine right now! Everything is broken and sucks and is poo poo and there's no way CIG would be even semi-competent enough to release a broken shitpile of a FPS in an engine designed to produce FPS. Mark my words there is no possible way that people are playing Star Marine right now and they won't be able to for at least two weeks! There's only one video of gameplay in the past 24 hours so clearly it's hacked footage Photoshopped together so don't worry about that.

Derek on a Thursday posted:

Well, well, well it looks like CIG just released Star Marine right now and not yesterday. As usual I predicted this in my July blog. Since it was just released as I started typing this that means that not only have I not been wrong but I've actually been right twice in rapid succession.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Scruffpuff posted:

^this was a good post :boom:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

He added wiggle room to that too now by saying not all evocati could access Star Marine on the first release, that wasn't how he was originally arguing it. Also check this.

Yet, according to him he didn't have access to evocati either. The guy is full of poo poo and should toxx on dirty leavers to prove me wrong.

Yeah, that's how they're all walking it back now because to them, nothing's worse than for them to accept the fact that I was right. About anything.

There's another (now blocked) rear end-clown over on FDev who is single-handedly pushing the same narrative; having been busted numerous times already that his "proof" was pure and utter bullshit.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

I never said any of those things. Do that again, and you will be blocked.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

D_Smart posted:

The horror :allears:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

holy poo poo lol, CIG has an evocati evocati PTU secrect jeshush build?loving lol.
We most go deeper.

It's evocatis all the way down. I know it from good sources that there is an evocati layer already testing 4.0.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

loving LOL AP I never said that Derek was never right.

I said that TheAgent is right more often, and also that Derek lies out of his rear end and is a giant douche.

All of which are true.

Also, him claiming that SC would fail is only common sense to anyone halfway paying to what a bunch of utter gently caress-ups CIG has been over the past few years.

I'll remind you all that he claimed the same thing about ED as well.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

D_Smart posted:

This is the type of post that deserves to be mocked site wide. :wtc:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

ManofManyAliases posted:

It currently cannot fit the P85x, which is also flyable in evocati. It's really made for dragonflies right now - hoping that will change.

Hate to tell you this, ol' Toasty, but they probably won't be refactoring the size of that ship.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Derek Smart has only ever developed lovely games, therefore Star Citizen will be the BDSSE! And furthermore, if you check my July blog...

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Milky Moor posted:

Hate to tell you this, ol' Toasty, but they probably won't be refactoring the size of that ship.

yeah, it's not like they can just stretch the x axis in Maya or something to make it bigger, I imagine it's the size they think it should be.

Guess what MoMA, CIG doesn't give a poo poo about what they fans want

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Derek was wrong about 2.6 as well as Spectrum being released to the Evocati on November 29th.

D_Smart posted:

It's already 4PM EST. I haven't heard of any "whole spectrum of good news", Toast. What'd I miss?

D_Smart posted:

I have an account in Evocati, as do 7 of my contacts. Nobody has received an invite. Not a word on Reddit or RSI forum. So I'm thinking this is a False Flag op that MoMa is running and trying to ride the wave due to some anon poster who may just be posting bullshit.

MoMA was right.

Man of Many Aliases posted:

There's actually a whole spectrum of good news for tonight.

Confirmation:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5flh6t/260_and_spectrum_closed_testing_update/?st=iwcsdvgk&sh=264e1a76

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I'll make more effortposts like this about things Derek was wrong about after dinner.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

nice meltdown

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

thatguy posted:

Derek was wrong about 2.6 as well as Spectrum being released to the Evocati on November 29th.

MoMA was right.

Confirmation:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5flh6t/260_and_spectrum_closed_testing_update/?st=iwcsdvgk&sh=264e1a76

I would hate to have you as attorney because your definition of "right" has more holes than my favorite sock.

Fact (pay attention): MoMa only talked about Evocati build rolling out. Since nobody (not even MoMa who doesn't even have access) had received the invite at the time, I pointed out that it could be a FF op.

The debate - at the time - had NOTHING to do with SM being in it or not.

Aside from the fact that the CIG schedule already had a date, and the build was expected - despite being moved twice.

So MoMa saying that Evocati builds were going out - and they did - has NO bearing on ANYTHING. The entire discussion is about whether or not SM was in that 11-30 release. It wasn't.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

D_Smart posted:

lmbo get a load of this guy

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

D_Smart posted:

I would hate to have you as attorney because your definition of "right" has more holes than my favorite sock.

Fact (pay attention): MoMa only talked about Evocati build rolling out. The debate - at the time - had NOTHING to do with SM being in it or not.

Aside from the fact that the CIG schedule already had a date, and the build was expected - despite being moved twice.

So MoMa saying that Evocati builds were going out - and they did - has NO bearing on ANYTHING. The entire discussion is about whether or not SM was in that 11-30 release. It wasn't.
fact: bears eat beets

bears, beets, battlestar galactica

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

D_Smart posted:

Fact (pay attention): MoMa only talked about Evocati build rolling out. Since nobody (not even MoMa who doesn't even have access) had received the invite at the time, I pointed out that it could be a FF op.
Fact (pay attention): You were wrong.

D_Smart posted:

The debate - at the time - had NOTHING to do with SM being in it or not.
Correct! The debate was about whether or not 2.6 would be pushed out to the Evocati. You were wrong (not right) in said debate.

D_Smart posted:

So MoMa saying that Evocati builds were going out - and they did - has NO bearing on ANYTHING.
It has bearing on whether or not you were right (not wrong) or in fact wrong (not right).

D_Smart posted:

The entire discussion is about whether or not SM was in that 11-30 release. It wasn't.
Woah dude slow down you'll have to wait for my December blog for this!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

If you people stopped asking CIG wouldn't have to lie! :downs:

I'll never stop laughing at "it's just an internal roadmap". Like "they're not lying, they're incompetent" is so much better.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I feel that MoMA is winning this argument

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

lol at anyone who is such a sperg they feel the need to forum police derek smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

thatguy posted:

Fact (pay attention): You were wrong.

Correct! The debate was about whether or not 2.6 would be pushed out to the Evocati. You were wrong (not right) in said debate.

It has bearing on whether or not you were right (not wrong) or in fact wrong (not right).

Woah dude slow down you'll have to wait for my December blog for this!

You're still pissing up a tree.

YOU:

quote:

D_Smart posted:
It's already 4PM EST. I haven't heard of any "whole spectrum of good news", Toast. What'd I miss?

ME: How does me saying I haven't heard anything, amount to me being "wrong"?

quote:

D_Smart posted:
I have an account in Evocati, as do 7 of my contacts. Nobody has received an invite. Not a word on Reddit or RSI forum. So I'm thinking this is a False Flag op that MoMa is running and trying to ride the wave due to some anon poster who may just be posting bullshit.

ME: How does me saying that nobody (including myself) I know, has received an invite, amount to me being "wrong"?

YOU:

quote:

MoMA was right.
Man of Many Aliases posted:
There's actually a whole spectrum of good news for tonight.

Confirmation:

ME: wtf has that got to do with me; let alone amount to me being "wrong"?

Q.E.D: If MoMa was right about 2.6 going out to Evocati, it has nothing to do with me. So whether I'm right or wrong, is patently immaterial.

Your turn.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 6, 2016