Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Ayn Marx posted:

I feel that MoMA is winning this argument

Pretty easy to win an argument when you can just stand there while your opponent repeatedly owns themselves.

I thought the real metric is word count though, and (sorry Derek) less is more. With this in mind who won the first battle, Derek and his July 2015 blog or crobbler with his Oct 2015 blog?

e: catte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

MeLKoR posted:

It's evocatis all the way down. I know it from good sources that there is an evocati layer already testing 4.0.

it would make more sense to make it something a little clearer - something like, Operation Testers. And then you could number the levels, so that Evocati level 1 would be something like Operating Tester 1, or OTI for short.

And then you could continue by having OTII, OTIII, etc. each accessible for a larger subscription fee.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

D_Smart posted:

The entire discussion is about whether or not SM was in that 11-30 release. It wasn't.
Either you're wrong or you agree with what MoMA said. Let's take a look.

If you don't believe that the files for SM were released on the 30th then you're wrong. If you believe that Star Marine was "in the files" but not playable then you agree with MoMA.

Man of Many Aliases posted:

The patch notes are tailored to different people involved in the evocati. There are minuscule changes in the text, copy and content designed to lead to those who leak the notes. Same goes for evocati test builds.

I was not incorrect in claiming that 2.6 was going live to Evocati.
Also, StarMarine is technically in the build:

"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Demien/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Echo11/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Loadout/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Loadout/terraintexture.pak",

However, the actualy FPS StarMarine is not ready for testing in this first evocati build. It'll come though.
MoMA clearly states that he is under the belief that there "different" Evocati. He also believes that Star Marine is in the build but not able to be tested (at that time) by everyone.

D_Smart posted:

I don't think he knew SM wasn't going to be in it :D

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, he was on my Discord trolling us earlier today. Clearly he's not in Evocati, and had no clue that SM wasn't in it.

D_Smart posted:

That's because i) it's shite ii) there is no Star Marine - like at all

For a $137 million project that likes to tout "openness", it's interesting that since 2.6 was released to Evocati yesterday, backers have no clue what's in it. Particularly it doesn't contain Star Marine; and CIG never even mentioned it.

Meanwhile, some backers are spreading false rumors that it is released.....just because they claim to have seen some file assets in the download. :D

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
By the way Agent actually backs up a lot of what MoMA has said. I'm too lazy to go through the effort of quoting all his posts because there are too many and it's not as easy with multiple threads now.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

D_Smart posted:

So whether I'm right or wrong, is patently immaterial.
:lol:

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
Okay, I am fed up. Where can I officially download 2.6 with SM as a backer and experience the progress to understand what this is all about and experience SM in all it's glory?

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
Oh, nevermind...
CIG failed to deliver almost everything on their Gamescom slides so far.
They are too incompetent to even deliver the minimum milestones.
MoMa's and Derek's internet argument is only possible because this whole open developement is a farce and SC is a desaster itself in delivering or an excellence in failing, which you prefer.
But entertaining. Pledge more please, ladies and lads.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
We haven't even gotten to the loving .GIF hahahaha.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
did someone in this forum make this, or is this actually real?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOBXuCYB4jQ

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
Btw I got lost in the dialectics of the arguments.
IIRC Derek claimed that SM was not a part (and that meant able to be tested/played) of the Evocati build per 30.11.2016.
And he was right there, wasn't he?

2 days later MoMa claimed Evocati are already playing SM with the "then" current iteration of the build, and was right there, wasn't he?

So, what's left to discuss IF IRC? :rimshot:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Where did all these terrible posters come from?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

redwalrus posted:

did someone in this forum make this, or is this actually real?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOBXuCYB4jQ
It's really real. It's also really good and a little bit sad.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Mr.PayDay posted:

Oh, nevermind...
CIG failed to deliver almost everything on their Gamescom slides so far.
They are too incompetent to even deliver the minimum milestones.
MoMa's and Derek's internet argument is only possible because this whole open developement is a farce and SC is a desaster itself in delivering or an excellence in failing, which you prefer.
But entertaining. Pledge more please, ladies and lads.

Agreed. I think what's the issue for me is that there are people out there theory-crafting this whole thing away, as if I don't have better things to do with my time but to make stuff up - and blatantly lie - for the hell of it.

As they say, the worse thing for those people is not that croberts was wrong; it's that dsmart was right - about anything.

Just this past Oct, I wrote a lengthy blog explaining why it's absolutely ludicrous for anyone to believe croberts when he said that 3.0 was out this year - and hopefully before Dec 16th; when (according to my sources), he knew full well that it simply wasn't true. He just lied.

Now, even looking at the Powerpoints he put up for 2.6 to 4.0, it's clear that this isn't an issue of "missed schedules", but just utter nonsense. Just like all the times before that. Heck, look how many time they've shifted the 2.6 schedule they posted. Sure developments slip, but the effect is that they may as well not have even released it because they're doing the same (missing dates) thing anyway.

And based on those lies, he raised almost $15 million dollars from backers who trusted that he was actually telling the truth.

Here we are on Dec 5th, with a Dec 8th date for 2.6 going to the PU, and aside from the fact that it's buggy as hell, they will try to push it out regardless because there is a holiday sale coming up.

And just like that, everyone has seemingly forgotten that 3.0 was due out in Dec. But here we are arguing about SM (which is worse than any CryEngine mod btw) being in 2.6.

And judging by the fact that they want to release SQ42 in the first half of 2017; it stands to reason that as buggy as 2.6 currently is, not to mention all the lingering 2.5x bugs they have yet to fix, 3.0 is going to be a mid to late 2017 release, thus pushing 4.0 into 2018 - if they survive that long. In fact, I would even say that 3.0-3.3 won't even make it until sometime in Q4/17. Go look see half the crap that's in 3.x and you tell me how confident you are that it's going to be completed in 2017, just in time for 4.0 to roll out.

So this argument about SM is just a foolish distraction. The end result when it's released is that CIG - after receiving over $137 million dollars - somehow managed to release a crappy fps CryEngine mod that's hardly playable, let alone worthy of note.

It's all lies.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
when i said the thread needed 60,000 posts about a worthless semantics argument that literally nobody could give a gently caress about i was being sarcastic

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Mr.PayDay posted:

Btw I got lost in the dialectics of the arguments.
IIRC Derek claimed that SM was not a part (and that meant able to be tested/played) of the Evocati build per 30.11.2016.
And he was right there, wasn't he?

2 days later MoMa claimed Evocati are already playing SM with the "then" current iteration of the build, and was right there, wasn't he?

So, what's left to discuss IF IRC? :rimshot:

Yes - that's basically the gist of it.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
This subforum should be closed and deleted, IMO. I don't know how you guys can talk so much about this stuff nobody cares about

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
been scrolling past all of Uncle Dereks posts in the last 5 pages, not sorry

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Fat Shat Sings posted:

when i said the thread needed 60,000 posts about a worthless semantics argument that literally nobody could give a gently caress about i was being sarcastic

Are you using literally literally or figuratively?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Ghostlight posted:

Are you using literally literally or figuratively?

When you say "You" are you referring to my forums name or me as a person? Because *I* never said literally. Let's fight about the technicalities of this for the next 50 pages accomplishing and resolving nothing.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Fat Shat Sings posted:

The absence of a game (lol) or even an official PTU but only NDA-blocked pre-alpha-PTU 2.6000xxx[roll a dice for RNG]-"content" with a limited Crymod fps module that would have been technically outdated already 4 years ago may lead to fill this SC Thread with shitposts and stuff there is left, and be honest: Without MoMA and Derek you would miss some entertainment, too :gary:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Wizard Master posted:

This subforum should be closed and deleted, IMO. I don't know how you guys can talk so much about this stuff nobody cares about

Thanks for posting and letting us know

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

When you say "You" are you referring to my forums name or me as a person? Because *I* never said literally. Let's fight about the technicalities of this for the next 50 pages accomplishing and resolving nothing.

I approve. How else are we going to get to page 6665 again?

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
I am happy if we finally get 2.6 PTU for the backer public because it will result in new and more PGabz videos :pgabz::pgabz::pgabz:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

my wheelhouse posted:

Retard friend of the family balls

Wizard Master posted:

my wheelhouse posted:

Diarrhea poo poo poo friend of the family.

I decided to just bookend your post with FYAD posts, rather than float it on a sea of them.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I applaud your mastery of thread zeitgeist

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
i am become Marching Powder, Melter of Downs.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

lol at anyone who is such a sperg they feel the need to forum police derek smart.

Leave grandpa Derek alone!

If that shitheap qualifies as a game mode to some people their standards must be lower than I ever could imagine.

Yes, they succeeded in shoving a janky fps map out the door. After how many years? With an fps engine. And it's riddled with large scale problems that can't even be classed as bugs but entire design flaws.

Good job?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Fat Shat Sings posted:

i am become Marching Powder, Melter of Downs.
Something something abyss something.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Good reading meltdowns all round.

:justpost:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Mr.PayDay posted:

I am happy if we finally get 2.6 PTU for the backer public because it will result in new and more PGabz videos :pgabz::pgabz::pgabz:
update from my blog

my patcher started working and since my 35 buck refund got eaten by Ben at some point we all gonna be versing together

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Propagandist posted:

C U N T Verse

At least that version exists.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

D_Smart posted:

And based on those lies, he raised almost $15 million dollars from backers who trusted that he was actually telling the truth.
[...]
... pushing 4.0 into 2018 - if they survive that long.
As long as backers pledge and donate for demos, tech-ingame-assets-.mp4 and concepts, this project won't stop.
Chris Roberts has no incentive of finishing anything near promised the stretchgoal summary because the business model still fuels itself. They collect millions by releasing crappy PTUs, they still can't even deliver an incremental launcher, so how could they develop this project?

It is a Freelancer Deja Vu.
But: After 2.6 the backers see the signs of success and will pump another 15 Million Dollars into this project until 3.0 is finished , and even 50% of 3.0 in late 2017 and with a half assed SQ42 Episode and faked demos and videos the Cult will find "proof" that CIG can manage this and they will deliver another 25 Million Dollars Round Citizencon 2017 and xmas 2017 so I claim with 40 Million Dollars over 2017 (~ 177 Mio $ overall in at the end of 2017) they will even survive 2018.
I am glad of it :newlol:

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
Okay now, with some 3.0 stuff and a SQ42 playable Demo/episode CIG will collect 50 Million Dollars alone in 2017, call me insane!

TheAgent posted:

update from my blog

my patcher started working and since my 35 buck refund got eaten by Ben at some point we all gonna be versing together

Hey don't be sarcastic, Agent! You were elected to leak, not read

Mr.PayDay fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Dec 6, 2016

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Wizard Master posted:

Have a wonderful and balanced day screaming at the thread where people are screaming at the videogame. Remember to call your parents, they raised you with love and would probably like to hear what you're up to.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5godvs/what_do_you_suppose_the_honesty_knob_does/

The Honesty Knob. A cogent discussion of the in game mechanics offered by this device.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I disagree that we should spend the next 50 pages arguing about that rather than whether or not it is actually possible to accomplish or resolve anything truly in this temporal chaos that we exist within.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

nawledgelambo posted:

Thanks for posting and letting us know
He was more fun when he was saying Rio Olympics was perfectly fine,.between reports of people being mugged and pools going green.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Mr.PayDay posted:

Hey don't be sarcastic, Agent! You were elected to leak, not read
if I can squeeze through the awful anime dialogue in ffxv I can get my verse on with pgabz n crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Hey reddit archive this

/´¯/)
/¯/
//
/´¯/''/´¯¯`·¸
/'////¨¯\
('(´´ ¯~/'')
\'/
''\ _.·´
\(
\\

e: gently caress